• Best Answer
UPS Man.jpg

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But i know exactly how to fool them !!!!
Sending it with USPS international first class mail id allways going thru.
If there are to many bottles, it ia good idea to split into 2-3 mail/letter

NewAgeMayan

Awards
8 bottles of EpiPlex and 4 bottles X Gels was returned to the sender by Norwegian Customs due to Piperine (its "medicine"). GRRRRRRR!!!!!
Oh fuk, Ive got 6 bottles on the way, Im scared :/

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Anybody get there EpiPlex today?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ok, epi-plex is here!!! label says 1 cap 2xday with food....does it have to be taken with food? and is this how i should dose it?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
ok, epi-plex is here!!! label says 1 cap 2xday with food....does it have to be taken with food? and is this how i should dose it?
Also should we dose them both pre workout?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
i workout 1st thing in morning before work!!!
Nice, same here basically. Wake up around 2pm and eat. Then in the gym by around 330/4 come home and cook and head to work from 9pm to 6am!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been doing 1cap preWO (along with HV/IV & 4TBS soy lec), then another cap with dinner (12 hrs later) along with a shot of apple cider vinegar& lemon juice + 3 caps inhibit e...been fairing well...however always open for other/better suggestions as well :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've been doing 1cap preWO (along with HV/IV & 4TBS soy lec), then another cap with dinner (12 hrs later) along with a shot of apple cider vinegar& lemon juice + 3 caps inhibit e...been fairing well...however always open for other/better suggestions as well :)
sounds like a cut?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
'Leaning' that way, yes ;) also finishing up some epitome this week and 2 weeks in on Baiba

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I love apple cider vinegar :) !!!!!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love apple cider vinegar :) !!!!!
Is that right? I try to be fairly consistent in using it... 1tbs/day...not sure if it does anything for me at least that I've noticed, but eh, why not...

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would personaly dose 3 at day 4 hours appart. Or even 4 caps (if it was 200mg in each) 4 hours appart.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25598082

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is that right? I try to be fairly consistent in using it... 1tbs/day...not sure if it does anything for me at least that I've noticed, but eh, why not...
I am not kidding. I love it. I love the taste and even when I was kid i heard it can stabilize blood sugar :)
I use it in salads etc due to fantastic taste

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would personaly dose 3 at day 4 hours appart. Or even 4 caps (if it was 200mg in each) 4 hours appart.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25598082
epi-plex is 300mg per cap....so that comes out to 3 caps if it were 200mg per cap....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
brush your teeth after, it can be very corrosive to teeth!!!

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
epi-plex is 300mg per cap....so that comes out to 3 caps if it were 200mg per cap....
If I were to say buy another bottle would there be a benefit to taking 600mg vs 900mg a day?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If I were to say buy another bottle would there be a benefit to taking 600mg vs 900mg a day?
danes says he would run up to 4 caps at 200mg each, making a total of 800mg....so 3 caps of epi-plex would be 900mg, i would not want to run anything at more than danes uses, lol....but thats just me!!!

from what i have read 600mg is a hefty dose, plus factor in the piperine which gives an advantage over just epi alone!!!

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty, ill just keep it at two then haha

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
danes says he would run up to 4 caps at 200mg each, making a total of 800mg....so 3 caps of epi-plex would be 900mg, i would not want to run anything at more than danes uses, lol....but thats just me!!!

from what i have read 600mg is a hefty dose, plus factor in the piperine which gives an advantage over just epi alone!!!
900mg of Epi is actually good dose and you will get 60mg piperine(which is not so high dose as many believe). I would NOT take more than 100mg piperine :)

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3 times at day 4 hour appart (300mg each dose). This will be my run.
But if it was 200mg each cap, i would take up to 5 times daily 3hours appart :)
To get it thru the "whole" day

NewAgeMayan

Awards
3 times at day 4 hour appart (300mg each dose). This will be my run.
But if it was 200mg each cap, i would take up to 5 times daily 3hours appart :)
To get it thru the "whole" day
How come your sreading the doses apart big guy? Whats the resoning behind that?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Almost every plant/herb compound is better to take in smaller dose thru the day than just one or two big doses at day :)

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
Lets see if furion or mw1 can answer these questions.

I would do 2 caps preworkout.On non w/o days, you can do 1 & 1.
There is a little evidence that indicates that epicatechin may inhibit pancreatic lipase enzymes. The binding kinetics are not exactly specific- but it would be good enough reason to suggest taking it on an empty stomach.

Assuming the proposed MOAs in my write up- it wouldn't matter if it were taken preworkout or not.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Assuming the proposed MOAs in my write up- it wouldn't matter if it were taken preworkout or not.
Is this regardless of dose amount? Specifically, if one were wishing to take 2+ caps per day, one bolus dose is no better/worse than splitting into multi doses?

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
Is this regardless of dose amount? Specifically, if one were wishing to take 2+ caps per day, one bolus dose is no better/worse than splitting into multi doses?
Working off the premise that it is not only the parent compound that is responsible pharmacological activity- the lipophilic metabolites in particular will have much slower clearance and longer duration of activity. Although the literature doesn't specifically identify, there is correlation between the kinetics of metabolites and the (likely) ergogenic activity.
With this in mind, I would suggest twice day dosing on an empty stomach.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is a little evidence that indicates that epicatechin may inhibit pancreatic lipase enzymes. The binding kinetics are not exactly specific- but it would be good enough reason to suggest taking it on an empty stomach.

I totaly agree on taking Epicatechin on an empty stomach, and it is not just with Epicatechin but generaly catechins (studies shows).

If we look at the epicatechin study from 2015 (Concentration vs. time profile) after just one hour its at the highest concentration and pretty low 6 hours later (after ingestion).
So to make sure the concentration is stable, i would DEFF take multiple doses of Epicatechin daily.
As we can se on the graph, 200mg Epicatechin had MUCH higher peak than 100 or 50mg.(sum of Epi metabolites in plasma)
50mg Epicatechin = about 500 ųg/L (reached after 2 hours)
100mg Epicatechin = about 1300/1400 ųg/L (reached after 1 hours)
200mg Epicatechin = about 3700 ųg/L (reached after one hour).

1: It would be best to take on an empty stomach
2: To hold the concentration high thru the day, EPI could be taken each 3-4hours apart thru the day. 3-4 times.
3:since concentation peak is highest 1 hour after ingesting, it could be good idea to take it 1 hour prior workout actually

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My Epi-Plex should be coming in today. I'll be using it in 2-3 months though....but I expect good results since all Epicatechin products have always benefitted me. I like how MOA research is coming out now and I may try 1 cap pre-workout, and 1 cap 4 hours later both on empty stomachs.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We should NOT forget the half life of epicatechin (and as I said, the study showing the effect on follistatin last max 6 hours. About six 6 hours after ingestion the levels went back to baseline).

This is what a good friend of mine who is very knowledgeable wrote:

"This is because of the half life of (-)epi. It's about ~4 hours and the effects on follistatin appears to disappear a few hours after the last dose, so maybe 6 hours post your last dose, you have probably returned to baseline."