Can MK-677 help recovery from back/leg sciatica injury??

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So I have been reading a little about the recovery benefits of MK-677 and having suffered occassional back stiffness followed by piriformis pain and sciatica in my leg....i am curious to see if anyone has any knowledge as to whether MK 677 has helped people recover from back/nerve issues??

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
After I torn my LCA, on MR scan there was a 'kissing' (damadge) on one of my meniscus in my injured knee. At that time, I was on 25 mg of MK-677 up until the operation. One month later after injury when surgeon opened my knee for operation, he was amazed, he said that all my ligaments and meniscus were healed (exept my LCA....). So, it does help with healing, long story short.

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
same here - I am interested in any and all info in the PPAR category / MK in terms of recovery. I took a capsule that had a mixed dose of a few PPAR compounds this spring and was very surprided at my stamina through long sets and how well i slept, so i would assume that one of them - if not MK exclusvely - helped me recover via deeper/better rest (if not on its own)
jim2509 have you ever had an MRI of your spine?
No i havent had an MRI as yet. Am 43 years old and due to wearing alot of kit in vehicles occasionally my back gets stiff then i get pain in my piriformis and bingo a spasm and sciatica in my ass cheek and calf...followed by same old physio stretches and anti inflammatories. Could it be a herniated disk or pelvic imbalance??
Really frustrating me and would consider MK677 if it would help strengthen ligaments/tissues and help recovery??

wrastler163

Awards
Typcially sciatica is caused by a pinched nerve / bulging disc. If thats whats going on an MRI would def show the impingement

My back is stiff in the am (for about a year now) as well but i have never had the tingling down the leg or typical sciatica symptoms
Yea and a big thing is the location of your piriforis muscle in comparison to the sciatic N. Different individuals have the sciatic N coursing through different locations, which is the biggest factor in whether or not you'll develop sciiatica. IMO, no Mk-677 will not alone solve your sciatica problems. I would focus on stretches and movement. Also who diagnosed you with sciatica? I'm in Chiro school right now and there's about 20 different orthopedic tests that if positive basically claim you have sciatica just because you have pain in your posterior leg, so it can be a generalized Diagnosis. Good luck man, I would take the Mk-677(bc it's so cheap), work on mobility, and possibly see a chiropractor or another medical professional. Maybe do some soft tissue work to help break up any potential adhesions

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yea and a big thing is the location of your piriforis muscle in comparison to the sciatic N. Different individuals have the sciatic N coursing through different locations, which is the biggest factor in whether or not you'll develop sciiatica. IMO, no Mk-677 will not alone solve your sciatica problems. I would focus on stretches and movement. Also who diagnosed you with sciatica? I'm in Chiro school right now and there's about 20 different orthopedic tests that if positive basically claim you have sciatica just because you have pain in your posterior leg, so it can be a generalized Diagnosis. Good luck man, I would take the Mk-677(bc it's so cheap), work on mobility, and possibly see a chiropractor or another medical professional. Maybe do some soft tissue work to help break up any potential adhesions
Thanks for your insight. Yes currently doing lots of stretching for piriformis and lower lumbar region. Both Dr and Physio said its from lower back/piriformis injury....probably soft tissue which gets inflammed then causes spasm/nerve issues. Will keep soft tissue work going/stretches amd order some Mk677 to see if it helps as well. Can it be used alongside BPC 157??

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Chiro and real rehab exercises....like glute ham machine...reverse ham...etc..

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unfortunately it won’t, you need real intervention and physio rather than drugs I’m afraid.

I was in the same situation 3 years ago but ended up needing surgery

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Unfortunately it won’t, you need real intervention and physio rather than drugs I’m afraid.

I was in the same situation 3 years ago but ended up needing surgery
Okay thanks for advice. I seem to get it once a year and it builds up over a period of time from body armour and belt kit. Maybe i will start my physio stretches daily as a preventative regime.....rather than wait for the stiff back alarm bells then piriformis playing up. Physio says its not back disks but glute muscles being ragged by kit...i need to keep them supple and lumbar region also.

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay thanks for advice. I seem to get it once a year and it builds up over a period of time from body armour and belt kit. Maybe i will start my physio stretches daily as a preventative regime.....rather than wait for the stiff back alarm bells then piriformis playing up. Physio says its not back disks but glute muscles being ragged by kit...i need to keep them supple and lumbar region also.
The piriformis argument is a funny one. My surgeon told me that In 20+ years of being a surgeon he had never seen sciatica from piriformis syndrome and only from back related issues

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The piriformis argument is a funny one. My surgeon told me that In 20+ years of being a surgeon he had never seen sciatica from piriformis syndrome and only from back related issues
Hmm maybe its a case of lower lumbar tissue becoming inflamed from body armour weight sat in vehicle, or extra weight compressing lumbar disks, however when pressing the muscles in my ass they are sore. Its a complicated one maybe i should see a chiro instead of a physio???

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for your insight. Yes currently doing lots of stretching for piriformis and lower lumbar region. Both Dr and Physio said its from lower back/piriformis injury....probably soft tissue which gets inflammed then causes spasm/nerve issues. Will keep soft tissue work going/stretches amd order some Mk677 to see if it helps as well. Can it be used alongside BPC 157??
Yeah it can be used with BPC but I dont think it will really help. I know this probably idealistic but you need to spend more time at work stretching and mobilising glutes. Driving jacks my hips up too - i have an old SI injury and a fair bit of lumbar arthritis - and I can get that same sciatic irritation to an almost crippling degree.

Dry needling and deep tissue massage I have found quite effective as temedial treatments when it gets really bad.

Another word of advice: if you ever decide to get deep tissue massage for a jacked up pirriformis, take a heavy dose of pain killers prior.

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah it can be used with BPC but I dont think it will really help. I know this probably idealistic but you need to spend more time at work stretching and mobilising glutes. Driving jacks my hips up too - i have an old SI injury and a fair bit of lumbar arthritis - and I can get that same sciatic irritation to an almost crippling degree.

Dry needling and deep tissue massage I have found quite effective as temedial treatments when it gets really bad.

Another word of advice: if you ever decide to get deep tissue massage for a jacked up pirriformis, take a heavy dose of pain killers prior.
This is good information from you all..i really appreciate it. I carry around an extra 3 stone in total at work but can take it off when not driving around for a few hours plus have access to gym. Problem is ONCE it inflames damage is done then the inevitable spasm and sciatica will appear when i least expect it. You made a good point though....instead of sitting around alot over the 12 hours at work before or after gym i need to keep mobile as best as possible. I am also looking at swimming to strengthen glutes. If only there was a tendon strengthening/healing supplement that built muscle as well eh....:)

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used mk677 to help heal from a shoulder injury. I can’t say for sure that it helped. I believe it may have slightly but the difference was immeasurable. The doctor was impressed with the speed of my recovery but I’m young and I did everything I was told to do, so I don’t know how much credit I should give to mk. If you’re on a budget then I say save your money. If not, then try it.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You recover more easily from your workouts after the very first dose. But recovery from a workout and recovery from an injury are two very different things.

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm maybe its a case of lower lumbar tissue becoming inflamed from body armour weight sat in vehicle, or extra weight compressing lumbar disks, however when pressing the muscles in my ass they are sore. Its a complicated one maybe i should see a chiro instead of a physio???
Best one to see would be an osteopath first in my opinion