Caloric intake cycle

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm trying to gain as much muscle as possible off my Lgd-4033 and Epi cycle without a ton of fat gain, (thus the epi), I'm taking 10 mg LGD at night and 250 mg epi twice a day. How much should my calories intake be over maintenance to maximize my gains?

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
There isn't going to be any cut-and-dry answer to your question. Your best bet is to start slightly above your maintenance cals, like maybe +200, and slowly increase as you progress through your cycle.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
What is your age, height and weight
How is that going to help? Lol. You need to know much much more than that to estimate his caloric needs

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
How is that going to help? Lol. You need to know much much more than that to estimate his caloric needs
So what you're saying is we first need to know his TDEE to get a ballpark for how much surplus he should be taking in.....

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
If he's 21, 6'2" and only 165 pounds I'm going to recommend a different surplus than if he's 44, 5'8" and 230 pounds

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay well I'm 21 and 5,9, I just finished my cut at 152 and 6% BF. My job consists of me walking 11-13 miles a day and loading boxes into trailers and onto pallets all day. I'm assuming I burn between 1000 -1500 at work and 200-300 at the gym after. My bmr is 1650.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
So what you're saying is we first need to know his TDEE to get a ballpark for how much surplus he should be taking in.....
If he's 21, 6'2" and only 165 pounds I'm going to recommend a different surplus than if he's 44, 5'8" and 230 pounds
I still don't think those stats are going to help you very much. So many different things can affect your metabolism and age/height/weight are just a few of those things.
Suggesting diet and cal intake is a very trial-and-error type of practice unless you're a registered dietician and have access to state of the art equipment. And even then, there isn't much official scientific evidence observing the effect of recreational PED use on the metabolism.
What would the difference in surplus be between the two different subjects you referred to?

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
I still don't think those stats are going to help you very much. So many different things can affect your metabolism and age/height/weight are just a few of those things.
Suggesting diet and cal intake is a very trial-and-error type of practice unless you're a registered dietician and have access to state of the art equipment. And even then, there isn't much official scientific evidence observing the effect of recreational PED use on the metabolism.
What would the difference in surplus be between the two different subjects you referred to?
Your points are valid, but I figured a base of knowledge to see where he is starting at wouldn't hurt. Is he drastically underweight and just paranoid about putting on fat? We'll eat 500-700 calories over maintenance with 1g of pro p/lb of BW, get about 20% calories from fat and the rest cabs

Or is he already overweight, wants to gain muscle but not any additional fat? Well he's already taking anabolics, so maybe just do a small 200-300 calories surplus with same protein intake but more like 30-40% calories from fat and the rest from carbs taken pre and post workout.

You're right in the sense that it's largely trial and error, and regardless of current stats, the surplus or defect that works isn't going to be some cut and dry answer. But for the sake of a starting point, knowing somebodies stats only helps to paint the picture. Anyways...I digress, and agree; start low at like 200+, play with your macros, and adjust as needed every 3-4 weeks

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Your points are valid, but I figured a base of knowledge to see where he is starting at wouldn't hurt. Is he drastically underweight and just paranoid about putting on fat? We'll eat 500-700 calories over maintenance with 1g of pro p/lb of BW, get about 20% calories from fat and the rest cabs

Or is he already overweight, wants to gain muscle but not any additional fat? Well he's already taking anabolics, so maybe just do a small 200-300 calories surplus with same protein intake but more like 30-40% calories from fat and the rest from carbs taken pre and post workout.

You're right in the sense that it's largely trial and error, and regardless of current stats, the surplus or defect that works isn't going to be some cut and dry answer. But for the sake of a starting point, knowing somebodies stats only helps to paint the picture. Anyways...I digress, and agree; start low at like 200+, play with your macros, and adjust as needed every 3-4 weeks
I get where you're coming from and agree.
I think the best way to go about would be to establish your maintenance PRIOR to the cycle, as well as your personal reaction to various degrees of caloric surplus. Once you knew that, it would be significantly easier to have a successful cycle with good muscle gain and minimal fat mass accumulation.

Reactions: Nac