Caloric count while on epistane?

jackedvanilla

Awards
Hello, I am going to be doing an epistle cycle and have read numerous logs and forums on diet and epistane but a lot seem misinformed and well, over 6 years old. So I'm hoping to get a unique and up to date answer.

Let's say I am around 9% body fat and wouldn't mind being shredded by june (90 days-ish). I really enjoy being shredded and have a good base as far as what my opinion is on how big I like to be. I am torn between such a simple question on wether to shred or recomp.

1. Should I run a diet with this cycle to lose body fat and maintain muscle?
  2. Or should I run a diet that will give me size and maybe lose some bf, like a re-comp.
Now with whichever answer, what should my calories be at? I was thinking with #1 I should run at maintenance, and #2 I would run maybe 300-500 above.

P.S. I realize this might be something to decide for myself in the end but at the moment I am not leaning to one side of the other. And you never know what info someone may shine on this compound for myself that I haven't known prior to asking.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did you leave off the 1 or 2 before the 9%?

jackedvanilla

Awards
No I'm only 195lbs at 6'4''. I did a cut for few months from 215.

jackedvanilla

Awards
Well the you are pretty much shredded already, go for option 2.
guess I'm just a selfish bastard after seeing what I look like at around 185, though not sustainable without "help" I just thought this would be my chance to stay around this weight and get back down to that look, if not better. But lean gains with little to no body fat sounds as good as little lean gains and a bigger net loss of body fat.

jackedvanilla

Awards
My TDEE is expected to be around 3,600. what would a reasonable surplus be for size, but still losing body fat? Ive read a lot of logs but they usually do not clarify their goals that detailed.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
If you're 6'4", 195, sitting at 9%, you probably already look like a beast hahah. I would go with option 2 as well. Its fun to be shredded, but as you said its not sustainable. I sit around the 10% mark until the end of spring time and then I dial in my shred.

You have 90 days until you want to look your best, so I would opt for a recomp now. At 9% you won't need to go too crazy getting leaner, 9% is already pretty damn lean!

jackedvanilla

Awards
without starting a new thread, whats your guys opinions on doing a large deficit on this to cut up? Im recomping and am not going to do this right now but just for future reference. Would this work better than say clen?