Calling Out Bobo

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Negged for telling the world the story of my life.
See, I knew there was a reason we're friends. Procrastimates. Considering I just created a word I'm going to take the rest of the month off.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I leave for maybe a week and come back to the word's of Pete Venckman - "cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria!"

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
B - I just saw the thread of 80's video's. I got what is one of my fav. songs I just wanted to add.

Freddie Mercury is the #1 rock frontman in my opinion. Homo or not - he could sing.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Both of you negged for denying Ozzy both pre- and post-dove eating days.

On a side note, Tony Iommi was the greatest guitarist ever. Many may have been consequently more technical, but they were/are still using Sabbath's chords and riffs.

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
Both of you negged for denying Ozzy both pre- and post-dove eating days.

On a side note, Tony Iommi was the greatest guitarist ever. Many may have been consequently more technical, but they were/are still using Sabbath's chords and riffs.
WOW...............Ummmmm.......Ahhhhhhh??????........damn you have discombobulated my medulla oblongata.......

I agree that sabbath riffs influenced the heavy sound... But GOAT???? Wow I am going to have to ponder this for a while because you nicely disclaimed it with the "more technical" blah blah......... this is a nice problem.... I shall go write a mathematical eqn. to model this....NOT....
I am such a good role model now...... right??? yeah I know..... its amazing the turnaround I have made......

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
WOW...............Ummmmm.......Ahhhhhhh??????........damn you have discombobulated my medulla oblongata.......

I agree that sabbath riffs influenced the heavy sound... But GOAT???? Wow I am going to have to ponder this for a while because you nicely disclaimed it with the "more technical" blah blah......... this is a nice problem.... I shall go write a mathematical eqn. to model this....NOT....
I am such a good role model now...... right??? yeah I know..... its amazing the turnaround I have made......
Dude, Sabbath's riffs didn't influence the heavy sound, they created it; most of the greatest guitarists even admit that themselves! For example, Mohammed Ali is not the greatest technical boxer of all time; he is nowhere near the hardest hitting; nor is he the most prolific. He's the GOAT because he mixed all those things the best. Same with Tony. He is the GOAT because he is the reason heavy metal exists. Naw mean?

If we want to go on the technical side of the things, Yngwie Malmsteen is probably the greatest technical GOAT.

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
Dude, Sabbath's riffs didn't influence the heavy sound, they created it; most of the greatest guitarists even admit that themselves! For example, Mohammed Ali is not the greatest technical boxer of all time; he is nowhere near the hardest hitting; nor is he the most prolific. He's the GOAT because he mixed all those things the best. Same with Tony. He is the GOAT because he is the reason heavy metal exists. Naw mean?

If we want to go on the technical side of the things, Yngwie Malmsteen is probably the greatest technical GOAT.
I interchanged influenced with created...... yeah thats why I said that was worth pondering because I love Sabbath ..... I am still chewing it over.......
No I don't care for technical because Yngwie plays with no feeling IMO....

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
While, as a guitarist, I can appreciate their skills, I'm not a big fan of their style of music.

Since this turned into a thread about guitarists...
YouTube - Paul Waggoner - Selkies Solo

Edit: Negged for making me participate in the hi-jacking of my own callout thread.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I interchanged influenced with created...... yeah thats why I said that was worth pondering because I love Sabbath ..... I am still chewing it over.......
No I don't care for technical because Yngwie plays with no feeling IMO....
Oh I know. It seems like he merely ingested a kg of Ritalin and pondered the most technical piece of music he could. That's why I love Iommi though; at a time when British music was going either original Punk or Mobster scene, he created bluesy rifts which were seriously heavy for the time. I think he is the GOAT for precisely that reason. Like I said, 'better' guitarists have subsequently came, but not a single guitarist has had the pervasive impact that Iommi has on Metal. Some bands are still using BS' chords - the pitch and tempo has changed, but it's still Sabbath.

On a side note, I also love both of the original guitarists from In Flames who left.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Edit: Negged for making me participate in the hi-jacking of my own callout thread.
I get your drift, R. That comment made me chuckle.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Man - there are more negs in this thread than a bad jailbait thread on BB.com's Misc section!

LOL

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have not literally negged anyone. That would be insensitive and could hurt a sensitive member's feeling.

It's the new "n00b" ;)

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
key word there is could.......

Its the antiques....:yawn:

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have not literally negged anyone. That would be insensitive and could hurt a sensitive member's feeling.

It's the new "n00b" ;)
Same here. Except I really did neg OCCfan to prove that you can see the messages people leave with negs just like pos reps. :)

But Bobo really did neg me. :D

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
BTBAM is incredible, and so is Paul's style of playing.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
EVH was such a tard for starting **** with sammy over roadies during their reunion tour
This was the very last VH show I will ever see. Last night BOBW reunion tour in Tucson. EVH had a mental and physical melt down.

YouTube - Edward Van Halen Guitar Smashing Incident 2004

I almost was going to see the DLR era reunion but when they booted MA I was done for good.

Hey Mullet, what do you think of me changing my screen name to E5150? You do know what that is?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ozzy has had the pleasure of playing with some of the greatest, and most influential rock/metal guitar players that have ever lived. (I.E. Iommi, Randy Rhoads, Jake E. Lee, Zakk Wylde).

Every single one of those guys made a HUGE impact on that generations metal influence.

However, Jimmy Page/Jimi Hendrix imo are still the greatest and most influential guitar players to date overall by a landslide. What they did for music in 'general' probably will never be repeated again.

I've played guitar for probably close to 15 years myself.

Here's my vote for Jake E. Lee. His solo, and outro solo in "Bark at the moon" still gives me chills to this day. The guy was amazing.

YouTube - bark at the moon (good version 1984 BATM tour)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everyone negged who use GOAT and made me have flashbacks of an LL Cool J album... ****ers

rhodesman

rhodesman

Awards
  • Established
Ozzy has had the pleasure of playing with some of the greatest, and most influential rock/metal guitar players that have ever lived. (I.E. Iommi, Randy Rhoads, Jake E. Lee, Zakk Wylde).

Every single one of those guys made a HUGE impact on that generations metal influence.

However, Jimmy Page/Jimi Hendrix imo are still the greatest and most influential guitar players to date overall by a landslide. What they did for music in 'general' probably will never be repeated again.

I've played guitar for probably close to 15 years myself.

Here's my vote for Jake E. Lee. His solo, and outro solo in "Bark at the moon" still gives me chills to this day. The guy was amazing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jSNuIzw9VfU&feature=related
I agree Trauma but my vote would go to Randy Rhodes. He was a very "technical" musician who played with a lot of feeling. His classical riffs to me were awesome.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree Trauma but my vote would go to Randy Rhodes. He was a very "technical" musician who played with a lot of feeling. His classical riffs to me were awesome.
I don't really think Jake was better overall. Randy was un-freaking-real on the guitar. He was my idol when i began playing way back in the day.

"Bark at the Moon" is just my favorite ozzy song, and jake nailed it down!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
YouTube - Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls (music video)
Lets not forget these guys. Hetfield is the best metal rythm player ever.

Best all around is this guy:
YouTube - Whole Lotta Love - Jimmy Page - Robert Plant
Not to mention that Cliff Burton is hands down one of the best metal bass players ever. The guy played bass like lead guitar. His tragic death is such a shame......

Honestly - There are none that rival Led Zeppelin as a whole in my mind. They redefined the movement at that time.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Negged for making me Google E5150

"E5150"
This instrumental interlude became a standard concert opener on subsequent tours, the backing sound effects from tape while Iommi played guitar part live, usually segueing into "Neon Knights". The title is "EVIL" as roughly translated from Roman numerals: 5=V, 1=I and 50=L.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This was the very last VH show I will ever see. Last night BOBW reunion tour in Tucson. EVH had a mental and physical melt down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW1g0HZk2no

I almost was going to see the DLR era reunion but when they booted MA I was done for good.

Hey Mullet, what do you think of me changing my screen name to E5150? You do know what that is?
Haha, I think it's awesome. I didn't know what it was until Jay showed below, but now I'm all for it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just goes to prove, sammy has a soul, and EVH doesnt....

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just goes to prove, sammy has a soul, and EVH doesnt....
I try to keep this image and experience in my memory. They opened with this on the Balance Tour in Phoenix. I also had a meet and greet before the show. Still stands the hair up on my neck and arms. Best damned VH tour and show I've been to....

Van Halen - Seventh Seal (Pensacola '95)
YouTube - Van Halen - Seventh Seal (Pensacola '95)

...with maybe the exception of the III tour where Gary kicks it's ass old school. Saw this tour at the Del Mar Fair Grounds in SD as well as 2X at The Joint in Vegas.

Van Halen - Dance The Night Away/Feel Your Love Tonight 1998
YouTube - Van Halen - Dance The Night Away/Feel Your Love Tonight 1998

EVH's egocentric narcissistic alcoholism ruined all of it.