Burnt out from lifting? Or?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
How do you guys avoid burnouts from lifting heavy? Is it simply building a good program with lighter works on certain weeks or days and periodic off days or is it just bound to happen with heavy lifting?

I've hit a bit of a road bump, I had great workouts Monday and Wednesday set some PRs followed by two of the worst workouts in a while on Tuesday and Today. I've felt kind of unmotivated for the most part lacking energy, and at times lacking strength. Feel like everything is kind of building up and just a bit worn out, I'm taking the next 3 days off to see if it helps while also eliminating caffeine from my diet for a few days or weeks as this helped in past with adrenal fatigue.

Just some thoughts on what people do to avoid burnouts and any advice you can give me is much appreciated.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sounds like you need to do one of the two things:
1. Have a planned deload at regular intervals
2. Adjust your programming as far as reps/sets/lifts goes

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you need to do one of the two things:
1. Have a planned deload at regular intervals
2. Adjust your programming as far as reps/sets/lifts goes
That's what I was thinking, back to the drawing board that will be my main task this weekend during the next few off days.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Rodja nailed it. Lift heavy as much as you can, but deload when you need to. Deloading = lifting lots of light weight. I usually triple or quadruple my sets and reps when deloading and half the weight.

Dont try for PRs all the time, do them at set times, every few weeks or so.