Broc's Universal's BetaA9 and Intra-Aid (sponsored) log

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Off today... Took my BA9 with breakfast and will take another serving later on today.

Tomorrow is Chest and Bi's at a gym I love in Ohio. Should be Rocking!:head::head::head::woohoo:

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Off today... Took my BA9 with breakfast and will take another serving later on today.

Tomorrow is Chest and Bi's at a gym I love in Ohio. Should be Rocking!:head::head::head::woohoo:

Have a great time there bro. Make sure someone takes lots of pictures!

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Have a great time there bro. Make sure someone takes lots of pictures!
Deanna should have that covered. I will have my camera on hand too. I will have to make sure and get them up on photobucket quickly this time. :lol:

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Chest and Bi's went a little like this at the ABC on Sat.:

Incline BB press
wu; 1 x 12; 1x 8; working set 275 x 5 + 2 FR - Talk about starting off right. My chest filled up quick on these.

DB Flat Bench
1 x 12; 1x 10; working set 125's x 6 + 2 FR -- PR! All that needs be said there.

Cable Cross overs
1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 95 x 7 + 2 FR

Hammer Curls
1 x 15; 1x 10; working set 70's x 8 dropped to 40 x 10 -- Bi's felt it for sure!

Preacher curl Machine

1 x 15; 1 x 10; impromptu squat your BW for reps contest 250 x 20 (sucked, legs still toast from Thrusdays punishment so this was hell!) then working set 8 reps dropped weight 8 more

DB Alt Curls
1 x 10; 1 x 8; working set 55 x 8 dropped to 35 x 12

felt my chest needed one more to be toast so:

Incline DB Flyes
1 x 14; wroking set 65 x 9 + 2 FR

Great day! That gym really gets me going... Atmosphere there is crazy! People were flat giving it some hell and well that type of energy feeds everyone.

Supps were great as usual. Not as noticable with the tingles now either. Still working though, as I dont have any let off during my wo's

Off today. Delts, Tris, and Abs tomorrow.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Nice bicep numbers. I want to do that workout right now. As soon as i get going with my DC style again. I'm gonna come back and follow some of your workouts. nice to change it up some. Just lettin this shoulder get 100% in the meantime.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Very nice, heavy looking workout at the ABC Broc. Looks like it was another awesome event.

Hg

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I miss the impromptu squat contests we had for football training.

:(

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday's Delt, Tri, and Ab session

Hit delts, tris, and abs at The Fitness Center (gym at home) this evening. Things got all jumbled up and I ended up training alone. Used to it by now. Should have the crew in the morning for back though. Anyway some parts were good of this one others not so much.

Delts, Tris,Abs

wu

Seated DB Mils
wu; 1x 20; 1x 10; working set 105 x 4 dropped to 75 x 8... Stupid weak shoulders. They must get stronger! Oh well first part of working set was a PR so it kinda got things rolling.

Standing Side Laterals
1x 15; 1x 12; working set 65 x 3 ( perfect form) x 3 (cheat reps) drop to 35 to total failure... ouch!

BB Front Raises
1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 135 x 6 drop to 65 x 10

Bent DB Laterals
1 x 15; 1x 12; working set 70 x 6 dropped to 45 x 6... rear delts are toast!

BB Shrugs
2 sets of 12 reps; working set 495 x 7 drop to 405 x 7... traps now hate me!

Straigh Bar Press Downs
1x 20; 1 x 15; working set 185 x 9 Rest Pause x 3 more.

Skullies

1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 145 x 4 + 3 forced reps... pumped like crazy!

Tri Darts
1 x15; 1 x 10; working set 40 x 7 + 2 forced.

weighted sit ups
4 x 20 w/ 35

Got some blood in the muscles. Maybe my delts will start growing! UGH...

The supps:

No noticable tingles... Endurance is still up and I look really full by midway through my work out thanks to Intra-Aid.

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Nice bicep numbers. I want to do that workout right now. As soon as i get going with my DC style again. I'm gonna come back and follow some of your workouts. nice to change it up some. Just lettin this shoulder get 100% in the meantime.

I have looked at DC some. I think with my mentality it would produce some brutal results.

I work out like Dorian Yates. He is probably my favorite bodybuilder, and his stuff works if done correctly. Well that and I think my body responds well to it.

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
ok so... It's snowing and crappy here. Did that stop me from going to toss iron this morning? Come on guys if you answered yes you should slap yourselves. Anyway, it was calm and nice in the Fitness Center this morning. Very few people, the music sucked like always though. So I grabbed the ole training partner here and proceeded to do back in a way I saw fit....

[size=+1] BACK [/size]

Pull Ups
4 x 7--- these have become hard since hitting 250 lol. Still able to do them though.

Strongest Range Rack pulls pins above knees
wu; 1 x 20; 1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set fun time 585 x 3 dropped to 405 x 12 --- Yeah my lower back hates me now! I just pulled like there was no tomorrow. Pretty sure I could go 6+ on this part of the dead and now feel as though I should have. However, I did get the desired pump in my back from the drop set.

T-Bar Rows
1 x 15; working set 6 pies x 6 dropped to 4 pies x 10 --- YEAH BUDDY!

Yates Rows done with the dead from the floor, no slacking allowed
1 x 20; 1 x 12; working set 315 x 8

wide grip pull downs
1 x 12; working set Stack x 6 + 2 forcer reps --- Got wide quick with these today!

Nautilus Pullovers
1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 180 x 7 + 2 Forced reps- Holy Blood flow in the lats!

The supps: Again no tingles... I think my body is saturated like it should be, which will reduce this. IA is solid as always and helped intesify the back pump today.

Drank Torrent and took Animal Nitro post to jump start recovery.

Pretty solid today! Worked hard and looking for some back growth...

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Weather has been crazy here too bro. its 35 then it'll be 70, then back down. sucks!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Snowed in cali today. Hell officially froze over.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Mo' Endurance = Mo' Reasons to Grow! Nice work Broc you are straight killing it!

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
The All American workout

Yeah you know chest and bis... Moved some decent weight this morning. Feeling pretty strong in there this morning, but the wo was nothing to write home about (IMO)... Had fun and made improvements and that is ultimately what matters.

[size=+1] Chest and Bi's [/size]

*stretch*

BB Incline
wu; 1 x 10; 1 x 8; working set 275 x 5 + 1 forced rep --- wow to the upper chest pump had here.

BB Flat
1 x 10; 1 x 8 (275); working set 315 x 5 + 2 forced --- Chest wanted to rip open from the pump. Did these for a change from DB's... Need to get a lot stronger!

Incline Flyes
1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 80's x 7 + 2 forced--- Really felt my upper pecs working hard. Nice squeez. Strength was up on these for Sat. Probably becasue they came 3rd in the wo instead of dead last! haha

Cable crosses
1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 100 x 8

Straight bar curls
wu; 1 x 15; 1 x 10; 135 x 6 + 1 forced -- Bi's blasted already!

Hammer Curls
1 x 12; 1 x 10; working set 70 x 5 drop set 35 to fail...

Hurcules Curls
1 x 15; working set 70 x 8

This one felt nice! Good pump all over. Eating and resting all day. May take a nap or 2. Just enjoying some time off and some growing time.

Supps: They are on par as usual and I feel they are definately powering me through these wo's right now. No tingles! Looking full during wo and I feel this is from the IA.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:

Got it covered. :D

I knew you were posting that, I was worried my post would come in just after yours but I got ya! Ha ha! I'm such an a$$ :D

Nice work bro. I was already reading it other places of course but man you was pumpin some iron on the bench bro! Very VERY nice! I so want to get my numbers up. Thanks for the motivation my man.

Hg

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
I knew you were posting that, I was worried my post would come in just after yours but I got ya! Ha ha! I'm such an a$$ :D

Nice work bro. I was already reading it other places of course but man you was pumpin some iron on the bench bro! Very VERY nice! I so want to get my numbers up. Thanks for the motivation my man.

Hg

haha... nice work on getting it up before I posted. It let me use that neat good posting smiley though... Those things crack me up.

Glad I could motivate you Hg. The numbers will come. I used to do these before my hiatus from lifting. It has taken a while to get back to here. Now it's time to make BIG time improvements!

Hollywood97

Hollywood97

Awards
Wow. Just stumbled onto this. Sorry it took me so long. I'm all caught up now. Nice log so far Broc.:cheers:

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Nothing beats an all american workout...

On a related note I was reading a muscle mag the other day and it was talking about how it takes around 2 years to get a fully developed chest... :cool:

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Nothing beats an all american workout...

On a related note I was reading a muscle mag the other day and it was talking about how it takes around 2 years to get a fully developed chest... :cool:

I doubt I ever get to where I would consider mine fully developed. We will see though!

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Wow. Just stumbled onto this. Sorry it took me so long. I'm all caught up now. Nice log so far Broc.:cheers:

Yeah I should have PMd you a link over at home... Sorry!

Glad your here now though. The fun is only going to continue!

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
leg day fun!

Trained quads and calves today with Tommy and Brandon at the YMCA in Charleston, WV. Things got crazy... We had the gym stopping and watching at certain points. No one could walk afterwards! Lots of fun was had...

Quads and Calves

ATG Squats
1 x 12; 1 x 12; working set 315 x 8 dropped to 225 x 6 --- Quads are still sore from hitting them hard last week and the squat you BW for reps contest last Sat. Probably not the greatest start to this, but they had my quads on fire!

Standing Cavles
1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 4 pps x 11 Rest Pause x 9

Power Squat
1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 3 pps +25 x 8 dropped to 3 pps x ?? (to fail) dropped to 2pps x ??? ( a lot stopped counting just went!!! Hurt like HELL) dropped to 1 pps x ??? ( According to the 2 I trained with my face and ears were turning purple and I was breathing correctly) dropped to machine until fail... Not much to comment on here. Apparently the gym stopped to watch this nonsense! This was one of the most intense things I have done in my life!

Leg Press Calf raises
1 x 12; 1 x 12; working set 2 100lb pps + 3 pps x 15 (true fail)

Leg Press
1 x 12; working set 2 100lb pps + 3 pps x 13 (true fail)

Winded right here... The Intra-Aid by Universal helped a lot, but I was feeling it!

Seated Calves
1 x 15; working set 4 pies x 7 dropped to 2 pies to fail

Leg Ext
230 x 8 dropped to 175 x 7 (had to get some forced) dropped to 140 to Pain (only way to describe it as I could no longer count)

Torrent and Animal Nitro post to start recovering.

22 oz Porter House, Baked Potato, Some fried cheese cake with icecream thing for desert! Yeah getting my grub on.

One of the best leg days of my life! So sore already and I love it. Those two pushed me to places that were...

The Supps: Ok so this one really put the two supps to the test. I had little to no lactic acid build up, I'll attribute that to the BA9. And I know I would have been passed out or not going full tilt near the end had it not been form Intra-Aid... Straight Honest Facts right there!

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Great workout man! Liftin like that will get you big! As far as getting a chest developed in two years, I'm kinda dissapointed in myself then cause ive been liftin a long time! Keep it up bro!

Hollywood97

Hollywood97

Awards
So your saying that people looked like this when you finished...
:jaw::rasp::box::ntome::blink::wtf::nono::nutkick::thumbsup::lol::think::head::fool2::aargh:

Killer leg sesh Broc!

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Great workout man! Liftin like that will get you big! As far as getting a chest developed in two years, I'm kinda dissapointed in myself then cause ive been liftin a long time! Keep it up bro!

A chest is hard to develop, espcially a proportional one. Have to really hammer the upper area hard to get it just right.

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
So your saying that people looked like this when you finished...
:jaw::rasp::box::ntome::blink::wtf::nono::nutkick::thumbsup::lol::think::head::fool2::aargh:

Killer leg sesh Broc!

I felt like this :nutkick: midway through... Some serious encouragement going on. But yeah one guy who is 19 and trains up there regularly (he powerlifts) was like that was nuts! I just laughed, because sometimes things like that seem normal to me.

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Ah... The fun of laying it all on the line and hurting a lot! Pain is a friend people! Find it when lifting with correct form and you just may grow!

[size=+1] Delts, Tris, Abs [/size]

wu stuff

Standing BB Mil
1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 205 x 6 dropped to 135 x 8 --- yeah these have gone up a lot. Delts were full of blood instantly!

Standing Side laterals
1 x 12; 1 x 10; working set 60 x 5 + 2 partials dropped to 45 x x 5

Upright rows Straight bar
1 x 15; working set 135 x 8 Rest Pause x 5 -- OUCH!

Bent Laterals
1 x 12; 1 x 10; working set 65 x 8 dropped to 45 x 8

Straight Bar press downs
1 x 20; 1 x 15; working set 195 (stack + plate pinned to it) x 8 dropped to Stack to ultimate failure... I literaly could not move the bar an inch! Coolest feeling you can have in the gym, knowing your muscles have got to where the need to be to grow!

Skull Crushers
1 x 12; working set 145 x 4 dropped to 95 x 9 --- Tris were so full of blood now!

Single Arm Press downs
1 x 12 each arm --- These reps were hellacious. 12 was when my tris gave out. Very cool feeling!

I really crushed this work out. Steady pace throughout... No let down from start to finish, just balls to the wall! There were a good bit of people in there but for some reason I felt as if I were the only one... Must be the fact that I trained with my iPod for the first time in a while. I had a great MMC tonight and the pumps were nasty! Got back tomorrow then I'm traveling Wed. through Fri so I will give my body off until Monday I think. I havent taken a week off since July and I feel this 5 day hiatus will do the trick by letting my body heal up and get ready for more pounding.

Supps: Yeah the combo is great... No let up from start to finish! This combo is for real!

Hollywood97

Hollywood97

Awards
Great WO Broc. Your MP is impressive. Actually your whole workout is impressive. Keep up the hard work.

:clean:

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Great WO Broc. Your MP is impressive. Actually your whole workout is impressive. Keep up the hard work.

:clean:
The clean and jerk guy reminds me of football workouts in college. We had to do those every now and then and once you get the techinque down you can really move some weight. I think the best I did ever was 275 for the whole lift. Hurt very bad on all over after it!

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I knew this was the last one I would be doing (well mabye, might do chest in the a.m.) so there was nothing to do but lay everthing on the line and tear my back up!!! I love training back almost as much as I do legs and I went wild this morning (as wild as I could I need to get freaking strong already!!!!)

So here we go:

[size=+1] BACK [/size]

DEADS from the FLOOR
wu; 1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 435 x 4 dropped to 405 x 3 (then it would no longer budge, true fail!)--- Hurt like ever living HELL! Got my back pumped all over and really hating me!

Yates Rows First rep of each is deaded from floor
1 x 15; 1 x 10; working set 315 x 9 Rest Pause x 5--- PR with the 14 reps, yeah it was rest pause but it kicked my ass!

Reverse Grip Lat Pull Downs
1 x 12; 1 x 10; working set 250 x 8 dropped to 180 until my face turned purple while breathing correctly. --- My lats felt like they were going to EXPLODE! all reps held for 2 count at bottom!

Simultaneous DB Rows
1 x 15; working set 85 x 10 rest pause x 7 --- Such a good squeeze and hold... Contraction from HELL! Grow lats grow!

Nuatilus Pull Over
1 x 15; working set 200 x 6 dropped to 140 x 10 dropped to 110 until I failed, turned purple in the face again!!! Hell yeah for getting some intensity going!

Took Animal Nitro, and mixed up some EAA Stack

30 minutes of Cardio on Dreadmill... Incline 10 speed 3.2

Torrent after that with some of the DC streches to get some more blood in my lats!

It is time to grow! (maybe, hopefully) MMC was out of this world for this one. Felt my lats move everything I touched! Was great fun! Time to eat and get swole!

Supps: Got a little bit of the tingles today (YES :thumbsup: ) On par as usual and really help my muscles feel full in these intense sessions.

Hollywood97

Hollywood97

Awards
You smoked that back workout. Your deads just keep getting stronger, same with your rows, hell, same with everything. Keep up the hard work. Enjoy the holidays.:head:

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
You smoked that back workout. Your deads just keep getting stronger, same with your rows, hell, same with everything. Keep up the hard work. Enjoy the holidays.:head:
A definite x2 on that!!!:head::head:

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Back from some off time!

Thanks everyone... My back was so sore on my trip. Oh well, growth is always worth it!

New split... Going Mon. Legs; Tues. Chest, Bis, Abs; wed off (except this week will be back); Thu. Back; Sat. Delts, tris, abs.

I was ready to destroy myself this afternoon. I can't walk now so mission accomplished! MMC was out of this world and the pump was nasty. Looked like my quads grew an inch or more in the gym... SWEET!

[size=+1]WHEELZ [/size]

wu

leg ext
1 x 20; 1 x 15; working set Stack x 12 all held for 4 seconds dropped to 140 until my legs would no longer lift the weight...

Leg Press
1 x 15; 1 x 12; working set 10 pps x 8 (slow negative explosive up) dropped to 7 pps x 8-- Massive pump!

Donkey Claves
1 x 20; 1 x 15; working set Stack x 10 all held for 3 count at top dropped to 120 until I couldnt lift the weight... Amazing calf pump!

lying leg curl
1 x 12; 1 x 10; Working set Stack x 8 dropped to 110 until I could not lift it.

Hack Squats
1 x 12; 1 x 12; working set 3 pps x 12 dropped to 1 pps until I bottomed for good! The platform on the machine at the fitness center shifts when you get some weight on it so it hurts a little to do they (knee pressure) so I'm hesitant to go heavier than what I did today.

Seated calf raises
1 x 20; 1 x 12; working set 2 pps + 35 x 6 dropped to 2 pps x 10 (this was the fail point on them)

DB SLDL toes on 10lb plates
1 x 15; working set 105 x 12 dropped to 80 x 8

DB Step ups
1 x 10 per leg with 35--- Fried here!

Animal Nitro and Torrent post

Things felt great after being off for 5 or whatever days I was off. I had the urge to just destruct! Had a lot of fun moving some weight, and that is all I can say about it...Start with the best day of the week in the gym on Monday, which means there will never be a bad Monday again until I change the split.

Supps: Tingles a little bit. It think it was because I didnt take anything other than pak, omega, and flex when I took some time off. So my receptors were clean and ready for more.

Another solid performance, these supps help me kick ass in the gym!

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Great session!!! Sometimes a week off can really give ya a boost!!!:head::head::head:

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Nice work Brock! You like torrent? Ive been wanting to get some! I may have to on my next run!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Great session!!! Sometimes a week off can really give ya a boost!!!:head::head::head:

Agreed. Time off is great when it is by choice. Nice leg smashing session bro.

Hg

Hollywood97

Hollywood97

Awards
You put in some serious work Broc. Your wheelz should be thoroughly wrecked from that workout.

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
You put in some serious work Broc. Your wheelz should be thoroughly wrecked from that workout.
Thanks Ryan... They are still a little tore tender. Was a good one. That and they are not used to being hit on monday.