Bring it on.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
No offense little man but I am hoping the yankees lose the rest of the season but it sure would be nice to watch the tribe woop them in the playoffs.
And B5150 this should definately be an awesome weekend in baseball, I'll be watching.
we all have our teams. even though some would consider me a traitor, if the yanks don't make it, i'd be happy if the sox did. ironically, i don't 'hate' any team or player. if a team makes it, it's because they busted their ass more than the other team did, not because of their payroll.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
fwiw, i haven't seen the indians do **** since wesley snipes stole home plate and charlie sheen come out with skull and crossbone black rimmed glasses.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
fwiw, i haven't seen the indians do **** since wesley snipes stole home plate and charlie sheen come out with skull and crossbone black rimmed glasses.
lol yeah well this may be the year and with the 4th lowest salary in baseball it would be a major accomplishment/slap in the face for them to take a team like the yanks in the playoffs. Shouldn't say I hate them because all players play hard but damn cleveland needs a turn.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
lol yeah well this may be the year and with the 4th lowest salary in baseball it would be a major accomplishment/slap in the face for them to take a team like the yanks in the playoffs. Shouldn't say I hate them because all players play hard but damn cleveland needs a turn.
wouldn't mind it at all if cleveland took it this year. it'd be the unexpected.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
well ****. now, it's tied up again.

that worthless piece of **** 2nd baseman Cano should be stoned to death. he's costed the yanks more games this season than anyone i've ever seen. :rasp:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
:toofunny: that's a classic movie, "I'm Willie Mays Hayes. I bat like Mays and I run like Hayes"

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Damn indians lost yesterday damn it! Now we get to play the devil rays. No biggie though. Devil rays I think might take the tribe for one game but I still think the indians will get the wild card. It is definately a very good thing boston and new york play at the end of the season. Really ups the indians chances.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Damn indians lost yesterday damn it! Now we get to play the devil rays. No biggie though. Devil rays I think might take the tribe for one game but I still think the indians will get the wild card. It is definately a very good thing boston and new york play at the end of the season. Really ups the indians chances.
Unless the WS can pull off a sweep. It's all tied up in the east. Crazy ass ****. BTW, isn't Cano a rookie? Give the kid a break. He's doing a whole lot better than some of the guys making 10 times as much as him.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Unless the WS can pull off a sweep. It's all tied up in the east. Crazy ass ****. BTW, isn't Cano a rookie? Give the kid a break. He's doing a whole lot better than some of the guys making 10 times as much as him.
such as.....??? wish i had kept track of all the game deciding errors during the season that he caused. maybe i'm expecting another jeter cuz that guy is like spiderman.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Haha, c'mon dude WS pull off a sweep on the tribe. Not saying it can't happen but it is unlikely dude.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"The Dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that."

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Haha, c'mon dude WS pull off a sweep on the tribe. Not saying it can't happen but it is unlikely dude.
Not saying it will, but who actually thought the Sox would come back from a 3-0 deficit last year in the playoffs against the Yankees. Anything is possible.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would venture to say only the Sox and their fans.

The pressure is on them right now. They are defending WSC. Of sourse the Yanks have pressure, but from a different source.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What a bunch of losers, everyone lost lol. Disgusting!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow...again. The AL East and Wild Card are all tied up.

Looking to see which team is going to be the spoiler can be almost as fun as watching the teams going head to head. WOuld be very intense if the Yankees/Sox go into Fenway even for a best of 3 series to decide the ALEast Champs...with no wildcard seat for second.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
This is nerve racking. I'm the only Boston fan in my office. The rest are either Yankee or A's fans. The wallpaper on my computer is the pic of Varitek shoving his glove in A-Rod's face, and my screen saver is a cluster of pics from last season. I come to work finding it all screwed up with Yankee crap on it. Makes for good office pranks though.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you plan on watching the Red Sox/Yankees games this weekend, please, let me be the first to offer you a cool refreshing beverage to go with your team, the Red Sox and your viewing pleasure:

Attachments

Last edited:
Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
A-rod and Jeter earned their paycheck last night. Yay.

Bernie was safe sliding into home on that sacrifice fly. No bother though, yanks still pulled it off.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's get ready to rumble...!!!

It simply does not get any better than this.

LETS GO YANKEES!!!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OUT FOR BLOOD

It's time to Sox it to 'em

Yanks out to finish business & Boston

BY SAM BORDEN
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

BALTIMORE - It had to end like this.
The Yankees and the Red Sox. The Red Sox and the Yankees. One has eliminated the other in each of the past two seasons and this weekend it could happen again. It is the purest of pennant races, a battle begun in spring, carried through summer and concluded in fall with one final three- (or even four-) game sprint to the finish.

The winner gets the division title. The loser might get the wild card - or nothing at all.

"It doesn't get any better than this," Alex Rodriguez said. "It's is the best time in my life and the most fun time in my baseball career. I don't remember a race like this."

Few do. The Sox have finished second to the Yanks every year since 1997 and the last time the race went down to the wire was in 1978, when Bucky Dent earned a profane middle name in New England with his historic home run in a one-game playoff that lifted the Yankees to the postseason.

Another one-game playoff is a possibility. After last night, the Yanks held a one-game edge over Boston while Cleveland was level with the Red Sox in the wild card race. Depending on what the Indians do in their final series with the White Sox, the Yanks and Red Sox could be playing for only one playoff spot.

In a rivalry that has seen brawls, blowouts and what many consider the biggest comeback in sports, this weekend could take the matchup to a new peak. Joe Torre said he does not have any big speech planned before tonight's game because none is necessary.

Everyone knows the situation.

"It's going to be intense," Mike Mussina said. "I don't know if could be any more than before because, really, what level could you take it to?"

Mussina will pitch Sunday's finale against Curt Schilling, but the swing game of the series - and what could be the clincher - will come a day earlier, when Randy Johnson takes the mound against knuckleballer Tim Wakefield. Ever since the Big Unit came to the Bronx last winter there has been talk about a particular game being the "type of game the Yanks got him for," but it has never been more appropriate than this time; this is the game the Yankees got him for.

Johnson already seemed to be in game mode yesterday, as he deliberately packed his carry-on suitcase and stared, steely-eyed, on his way out of the clubhouse. He joined tonight's starter, Chien-Ming Wang, on an early flight to Boston last night to ensure two good nights of sleep before his biggest start of the season.

His teammates weren't as fortunate. They played the Orioles last night and tried to deflect one more round of questions about the rivalry before arriving in Boston early this morning.

"This isn't football," Jason Giambi said. "It's not like a 'We hate you and want to run over your face' sort of thing. We feel like we've been playing playoff games for the past few weeks anyway and now this is the next series."

That sort of sentiment seemed representative of most Yanks. The pressure has been on all season. Yes, the Red Sox overcame a 3-0 deficit in last year's ALCS and yes, that still hurts. But that is not the primary motivation for the Bombers - proving themselves right is.

"We have believed we're good enough to be there," Gary Sheffield said. "Even when things didn't look that way. Last year we learned something. We learned we don't want that feeling again."

Sheffield said he'll probably wake up each morning of this series with a chip already lingering on his shoulder, though it won't be because of his run-in with an overzealous Sox fan during the April series at Fenway.

Rather, it's just how he is when the tension is ratcheted up.

"The bigger the situation, the more I make it about winning," Sheffield said. "Everything I do. I get up out of bed feeling like I want to be at the park and making something happen."

There are numerous subplots to the weekend bubbling beneath the surface of Yanks-Sox: Will Red Sox-turned-Yankee reliever Alan Embree shut down David Ortiz in a big spot? Will Yankee-and-yesterday-turned-Red Sox reliever Mike Stanton shut down Giambi in one? And how will the final three rounds of A-Rod vs. Big Papi for AL MVP turn out?

Now it is only certain that Fenway will be jammed. Pulses will be quickened. Sweats will be cold.

Could it finish any other way?

Attachments

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WTF has NPursuit been?

I need to get some Bomber's-Sox banter going.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Oh well, maybe tomorrow huh. :D

Boo Yankees! Sweep! Sweep! Sweep! I know it's still early, but the Sox need a sweep to knock the bronx bitches out of the playoffs.

brdodge

Awards
hahhahahaha

Yankees choke again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 years in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, maybe tomorrow huh. :D

Boo Yankees! Sweep! Sweep! Sweep! I know it's still early, but the Sox need a sweep to knock the bronx bitches out of the playoffs.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I think Johnson is taking the hill tomorrow. I'm a little worried considering he shut the Sox down last time he started against them. And then Schilling Sunday who has been a shadow of his former self. Should be good.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
watched up until the 6th inning then stuck napoleon dynamite in the dvd.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
hahhahahaha

Yankees choke again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 years in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can you say........AL East Champs???

now, perhaps, if the yanks have a little mercy in em, they'll let the sox have a shot at the wild card tomorrow.

too many damn playoffs. if indians win tomorrow and the sox lose, they'll have a wild card playoff. ****'s getting deep.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Damn, the Indians have come all this way and could be out if the Sox can pull off a win tomorrow. That would suck for the Indians.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Damn, the Indians have come all this way and could be out if the Sox can pull off a win tomorrow. That would suck for the Indians.
indeed. i'd like to see the indians make it but i'd also like to see another yanks/sox playoff. they just never get old. :dance:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Listen to this. In the last 3 years the Yanks and Sox have played a total of 70 times! It's all even too, 35 to 35.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
sox took the wild card. yanks won the division. more good times lie ahead :)

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SO HOW ARE THE RED SOX DOIN NOW?

:toofunny:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
SO HOW ARE THE RED SOX DOIN NOW?

:toofunny:
feel kinda bad for em. all that fight to get there and they're getting fucked up by chicago.

it is funny though. :nutkick:

yanks got screwed last night but there's much ball to be played.....

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
WHITE SOX BABY SOUTH SIDE LOVE

feel kinda bad for em. all that fight to get there and they're getting fucked up by chicago.

it is funny though. :nutkick:

yanks got screwed last night but there's much ball to be played.....

My point exactly...Its goin to be a hard pill to swallow esp. if they get SWEPT !!!!

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I know i am just being a sarcastic prick.:type: :lol:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
The Red Sox got swept out and the Yanks are on the verge of getting knocked out by the Angels. Good.

brdodge

Awards
Well, there's no doubt the better teams are going to win.

The Sox didn't deserve it this year, and the Yankees never deserve it.

Go Angels!

The Red Sox got swept out and the Yanks are on the verge of getting knocked out by the Angels. Good.

brdodge

Awards
You have to understand where I'm coming from. I suffered way too much w/ being a Sox fan. You grow up in New England, you grow up hating the Yankees.
yanks never deserve it, eh? too funny.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
You have to understand where I'm coming from. I suffered way too much w/ being a Sox fan. You grow up in New England, you grow up hating the Yankees.
understood :cheers: