Bravoboy's PreWorkout Maniac Log

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Special Thanks to STXNAS to allow me to try AI's pre-workout supplement, MANIAC - pink lemonade.

AI Maniac - Pre Workout Monster

When My package arrived, I had some samples in it as well. I took the hghpro one night and compared it to the 3Z. I enjoyed the HGHPRO a little more. The 3Z made it harder to get up from, but thats just one days samples.

A little bit about myself:
- 31 years young, 6ft 218lbs
- been lifting steady for 12 years outside of sports
- recomping/mass goals are what i am focused on right now
- have taken many pre-workout supplements so i will be able to give a good comparison from my point of view.
- i will be running Maniac by itself besides daily staples such as protein and aminos for the first Month.
- Workouts have been mostly Volume training the past month, but will vary throughout the log.
- i have much respect for AIsports. They earned my respect after taking PCS back in 2008.

--------HERE WE GO!---------

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Supplement dosing
Maniac - 4:40am
- 1 heaping scoop

Workout - chest/back

1. Super set
DB flat bench / Hammer Strength rows
10 x 6 each @ :60 interval between each super set

2. Super set
Incline Barbell Press / wide grip pull up
3 x 8 each @ :60 interval between each super set

3. Machine seated fly's - 1 x 20
4. Push Ups - 1x 20

5. Cable low row - 1 x 20
6. Straight arm cable pull downs - 1 x 20

Workout was 45 min long. 510-555am

[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]Initial Response / Rating
taste - 7 / 10 (i am partial to blue raz and orange flavors)
kick / response time - 15-20min is when i felt the supplement.
energy - 9 / 10 (smooth energy, not a hard kick like some. sustainable throughout workout) i like it.
pump - 8 / 10 (i would have to say that my pump was good off of 1 serving. i will try to tweak my serv.)
endurance - 10 / 10 ( as mentioned in energy rating. I feel it was great throughout considering supersets)

strength - not really gonna rate this in log. I am doing some volume training and it has been heavy lifting on large muscle groups. I will get stronger but it isn't a huge factor for my 31yo a$$

I believe this supplement isn't your huge focus,get intense, stim supplement. However it provides more of a pump and endurance for me. Obviously this is the first day i have logged it, but i have also taken many preworkout supps. The pump was pretty good off of 1 serving. It was a hell of a lot easier during my rest for supersets.

[/FONT]

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Supplement dosing
Maniac - 4:40am
- 1.5 scoops

Workout - arms / abs

1. Super set
standing Alt. DB Curls / V-Bar cable extensions
10 x 10 each @ :60 interval between each super set

2. Super set
EZ bar Brain Crushers / EZ bar cable curls
3 x 8 each @ :60 interval between each super set

3. one arm DB preacher curls - 2 x 20
4. one arm cable cickbacks- 2 x 20

Abs - 250 crunches

Workout was 45 min long. 515-600am

i didn't notice much of a difference between one heaping scoop vs. 1.5 scoops. so i would save the .5 serving for maybe 2 scoops later or just to stretch out the supplement. it is 80 servings of energy in a bottle so thats great to begin with.

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
Good **** so
Far man, doesn't it taste delicious :p I ha a sample from them
Which made me order a container, loved the pink lemonade taste!

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I like lemonade for sure. I have been on a blue raz crave for a while. This is a good change up

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Off today - legs and calves tomorrow. yess sirrrrr!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Subbed! :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Special Thanks to STXNAS to allow me to try AI's pre-workout supplement, MANIAC - pink lemonade.

AI Maniac - Pre Workout Monster

When My package arrived, I had some samples in it as well. I took the hghpro one night and compared it to the 3Z. I enjoyed the HGHPRO a little more. The 3Z made it harder to get up from, but thats just one days samples.

A little bit about myself:
- 31 years young, 6ft 218lbs
- been lifting steady for 12 years outside of sports
- recomping/mass goals are what i am focused on right now
- have taken many pre-workout supplements so i will be able to give a good comparison from my point of view.
- i will be running Maniac by itself besides daily staples such as protein and aminos for the first Month.
- Workouts have been mostly Volume training the past month, but will vary throughout the log.
- i have much respect for AIsports. They earned my respect after taking PCS back in 2008.

--------HERE WE GO!---------

I prefer HGHpro over 3Z for the same reason. I only take 3Z when I know I can sleep at least eight hours. Otherwise, I'll take HGHpro OR I only use two caps of 3Z instead of three.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
sorry for the 3 day break from the thread. Just been real busy with school. I'm a teacher/coach and its finals week. then off for 2 weeks.

Ive found a good dosage for me. It's 1 heaping Scope of MANIAC

I had a good sweat today and my legs got pretty tight. great workout
Thursday 12/8
Legs/calves

5min Warmup... Bicycle

SUPERSET
Hack Squat - 10x8
Lying Machine Leg Curls - 10x8
:60 rest between the 10 sets.

SUPERSET
leg ext 3x10
straight leg deads 3x10
same rest

DB Lunges - 1x40 ....20 reps each leg

SUPERSET
standing calve raises 3x25
seated calve raises 3x20

50MIN Workout.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
12/9 FRIDAY

Friday is a day that i try and re-hit my chest and arms since i do them early in the week. I do about 4-5 supersets with 2-3 exercises. Having shoulders as my focus since it is the only muscle group i wait to hit on fridays. my routine will change soon but its hard to make that decision as i have been sore after every workout since going with this GVT.

Shoulders/chest/arms

Smith machine seated shoulder press - 5 x 6

SUPERSET
seated DB arnold shoulder presses - 3x8
DB side raises - 3x10

SUPERSET
Weighted Dips - 3x15
reverse grip body pulls - 3x10

SUPERSET
Smith Machine Upright Row - 3x10
DB Shrugs - 3x12

SUPERSET
Machine seated bench press - 3x10
db cable curl - 3x10 each arm

SUPERSET
decline push ups - 3x15
v-bar tricep cable ext. - 3x12

200 reps of ABS

I was 217 this morning, but after my workout i looked 225 and swolen like big dog....
MANIAC IS A VERY NICE SUPPLEMENT.

same reports so far. increased sweating with maniac and a good focus and steady pump.

I didn't work out on 12/12 because it was so late in the evening. I will do chest / back early tomorrow. tuesday.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah....

Forgot to mention. I bought a bottle of Lucidrol and i have tried 2 days of it. Recommended dosage. I then got my free sample of MOTIVATE. I must say with 100% clarity. The motivate made me feel more of a high/focus. However the Lucidrol was a very clear feeling as well. I have a full box of it so i will use it all, but the MOTIVATE is by far superior in my opinion. great stuff. i give it a higher ranking in its category off of just one sample than MANIAC as a pre-workout.

I always share my pre-workout supps with my friends and they do the same with me. My buddy really enjoyed MANIAC too.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Being off stims for a while, I appreciate motivate.
I thought it was on the weaker side but I'm actually starting to like it (among other AI products).

Pretty much everything you buy from AI is solid.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I have been on some volume training of 10 sets for the past 4 weeks. The next two weeks I will do ladder sets or drop sets
Tuesday
5:10-5:50am
MANIAC: 2 scoops – this is a really good dosage for me. Working out in the morning is tough at times and I can honestly say having a pre-workout is a reason to get up.
Chest/Tri’s
Barbell bench – 8/7/6/4
DB Incline – 3 x 8
Incline Cable Flies – 4 x 8
Rope Cable Kickbacks – 3 x 10
Wide Grip cable extensions – 3 x 10
Tricep Complex – (superset I usually do at the end of my chest/tri workouts)
(Barbell Brain Crushers x8, Barbell overhead extension x8, Barbell Close Grip Press x8) X 2 SETS
BW Dips – 1 x 15
DONE.
Week 2 and I have raised the dosage. Seems to be working fine. . I use about 10-12 oz in mix.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday
Back/Bis - 50min.

Maniac Dosage - still at 2 scoops. lots of sweating and stamina

wide grip pull ups BW - 4 x 10
close grip cable pull down - 3 x 8
seated close grip cable rows - 4 x 8
DB Rows - 3 x 8 each

Superset
body pulls x12 / cable hammer curls x10 - 3 sets

Superset
reverse grip chin ups BW x 10 / 1 arm preacher culrs x 10 - 3 sets

superset
straight bar cable press downs x 10 (lats) / standing db curls x 8 each - 3 sets

THIS WORKOUT WAS A GOOD CHANGEUP FROM 10X10

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
LAST WEEKS ROUTINE - pyramid type routine and supersets
THURSDAY - legs
FRIDAY - shoulders and light chest
SATURDAY - back

after being away from my computer i am using my daughters to catch up. i skipped sunday and monday.
TUESDAY - CHEST / TRICEPS
INCLINE BB - 10/8/6/4 with 3 min. rest
FLAT BENCH DB - 3x10 with 3 min. rest

SUPERSET - DECLINE BB - X 8 / V-BAR TRI EXTENSION X 10 --- 3 SETS
SUPERSET - CABLE FLY'S - X 10 / OVERHEAD DB EXTENSION X 10 --- 3 SETS
SUPERSET - CABLE KICK BACKS - X 10 / BW DIPSX 10 --- 2 SETS

MY REACTION TO MANIAC SO FAR
taste - 8 / 10 (i adgusted the amount of water to close to 10oz. it does make it better)
kick / response time - around 25min..my body has gotten a little use to it so i feel it a little later.
energy - 9 / 10 (smooth energy, not a hard kick like some. sustainable throughout workout) i like it.
pump - 8.5 / 10 (i have changed my servings from 1 scoop to 2 scoops. it gives a better pump.)
endurance - 10 / 10 ( as mentioned in energy rating. I feel it was great throughout considering supersets)

the most amazing thing and strongest thing i have noticed along with my cousin who came in from the military for the hollidays is the amount of sweating i do during my routine. it has greatly increased and stronger than most pre-workout supps, but energy is fantastic as well. not much fatigue on the
MANIAC!!

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday
Back - 50 min routine

Superset
Wide grip cable pulls / BW wide grip pulls
4x8 each

Superset
DB bent over rows / BW Body Pulls
4x8 each

Superset
Cable low row / DB bent over reverse fly
3x10 each

Superset
Reverse cable chins / straight arm lat pulls
3x10 each
-------------------------
Thursday
Legs

Superset
Smith machine front squat x10 / DB step ups x 8 , 3 sets

Leg press - 8,8,6,6

DB lunges - 3x8 each

Superset
Leg ext. / leg curl - 3x10

Superset
Standing calve raises machine / seated calve raises - 3 x 25

-------------------------

Friday
Shoulders / biceps

DB shoulder press - 60 x 10 / 70x10 / 75x10 / 75x10

Superset
DB front raises 40lbs x8 each / DB side raises 30lbs x 10 each - 4 sets

Superset
Smith machine upright row - 135lbs x 10 / DB shrugs 95lbs x 12 ----3 sets

DB alt. curl 3 x 8 50lbs
One arm cable curl 3 x 10 50lbs
Rope hater cables 3x10 100lbs

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I have gained about 3 lbs during the holidays and I have also been lifting heavier so I am always feeling full and thick. Being 6 foot and 220lbs I feel a little too heavy. Actually I need to lose some belly fat but my legs are getting thick and stronger. Maniac is good stuff.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have gained about 3 lbs during the holidays and I have also been lifting heavier so I am always feeling full and thick. Being 6 foot and 220lbs I feel a little too heavy. Actually I need to lose some belly fat but my legs are getting thick and stronger. Maniac is good stuff.
Nice, yeah maniac is nice and on the milder side which is good at first I wasn't a fan too much now I enjoy it since I'm not huge on stims.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
My buddy and I both agree that it's a middle of the road. Not a huge cell volumizing pump, but good, and the energy is clean, not like the others that are all crazy. I Coates it to ragnarok in this effect. It doesake me sweat like crazy

Bulkypinoy61

Bulkypinoy61

Awards
  • Established
My buddy and I both agree that it's a middle of the road. Not a huge cell volumizing pump, but good, and the energy is clean, not like the others that are all crazy. I Coates it to ragnarok in this effect. It doesake me sweat like crazy
Thank you for the honesty.

Maniac is definately not like the other super crazy pre workouts, where you get jittery and shaky lol

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I have been out of town at the beach.
I will work out today chest and arms.
Going back on my volume routine.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Today's workout:
Chest /arms

Flat Bench BB 10 sets - 3x245 / 4x235 / 2x230 / 1x225

Incline smith machine - 3x8 185

Machine seated fly -1x20

Arms - superset
Standing EZ curl 95 lbs/ brain crushers 95lbs -10x8 each

Superset
One arm preacher curls / one arm cable extensions - 3x8 each

Dips -3x10

Diet - all day food as of 5:30 today
Orange
2 protein shakes American whey
Chicken breast W/grilled onions
1 deer sausage link
2 servings of pretzels

Supps:
Controlled labs - fish oil
One a day - multi
Transderm RS - one serving 5 pumps
Xtend - one scoop intra workout
Postal by LG sciences - 1 serving post
Maniac - 2 scoops pre

My arms blew up today. Chest got fatigued. Great workout.

Bulkypinoy61

Bulkypinoy61

Awards
  • Established
Today's workout:
Chest /arms

Flat Bench BB 10 sets - 3x245 / 4x235 / 2x230 / 1x225

Incline smith machine - 3x8 185

Machine seated fly -1x20

Arms - superset
Standing EZ curl 95 lbs/ brain crushers 95lbs -10x8 each

Superset
One arm preacher curls / one arm cable extensions - 3x8 each

Dips -3x10

Diet - all day food as of 5:30 today
Orange
2 protein shakes American whey
Chicken breast W/grilled onions
1 deer sausage link
2 servings of pretzels

Supps:
Controlled labs - fish oil
One a day - multi
Transderm RS - one serving 5 pumps
Xtend - one scoop intra workout
Postal by LG sciences - 1 serving post
Maniac - 2 scoops pre

My arms blew up today. Chest got fatigued. Great workout.
Nice workout man!

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Well this past week school started back and I have stayed on track this whole time.

Been on the 4 day a week routine and I mar say I enjoy it but fill guilty not going to gym to do cardio on Wednesday.

MANIAC - been keeping it at 2 scoops and enjoy it very much. I have been reading a lot about DMAA and all the news about the DOD and it being banned. Everyone seems to feel overwhelmed by its energy and focus which I enjoy, but like others I always feel lethargic and tired after a good workout on jacked and other DMAA products.

MANIAC is great at keeping me from typically having coffee all day, depending on the carbs I eat for lunch. Very good well balanced supplement. I would like To see it with a little more AAKG in it. Even tho it's a proprietary blend I would like to add some I have left over from nutra and play with the mix.

Anyway...sorry for the week off from posting, been getting back to teaching in the classroom but still hitting the workouts.

I have lost 4 lbs. in the past two weeks trimming down pretty well. Daddy like!

GTB

Awards
Well this past week school started back and I have stayed on track this whole time.

Been on the 4 day a week routine and I mar say I enjoy it but fill guilty not going to gym to do cardio on Wednesday.

MANIAC - been keeping it at 2 scoops and enjoy it very much. I have been reading a lot about DMAA and all the news about the DOD and it being banned. Everyone seems to feel overwhelmed by its energy and focus which I enjoy, but like others I always feel lethargic and tired after a good workout on jacked and other DMAA products.

MANIAC is great at keeping me from typically having coffee all day, depending on the carbs I eat for lunch. Very good well balanced supplement. I would like To see it with a little more AAKG in it. Even tho it's a proprietary blend I would like to add some I have left over from nutra and play with the mix.

Anyway...sorry for the week off from posting, been getting back to teaching in the classroom but still hitting the workouts.

I have lost 4 lbs. in the past two weeks trimming down pretty well. Daddy like!
Thanks for the detailed review.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Need a little help also. Nothing big but since wesnesday i have had loose bowels " the runs" . Their has been a stomach virus going around but not sure if its supps or not.

Does any of this seem like it has given anyone the runs. ??? I've taken most before and never had the ****zz

The supps I'm currently on are

AM
Pre workout - MANIAC - 2 scoops
Pre-workout- DMAA - 3gms - AISports
Intra workout - xtend - 1 scoop
Post workout - postal - 1 scoop

:30 min. Afterwards 40 gms protein

After shower and throughout day I consume:
Orange Triad fish oil - 1 dosage
Erase -2 caps
Transderm RS - 6 pumps
2acoops xtend throughout day.

Bulkypinoy61

Bulkypinoy61

Awards
  • Established
Need a little help also. Nothing big but since wesnesday i have had loose bowels " the runs" . Their has been a stomach virus going around but not sure if its supps or not.

Does any of this seem like it has given anyone the runs. ??? I've taken most before and never had the ****zz

The supps I'm currently on are

AM
Pre workout - MANIAC - 2 scoops
Pre-workout- DMAA - 3gms - AISports
Intra workout - xtend - 1 scoop
Post workout - postal - 1 scoop

:30 min. Afterwards 40 gms protein

After shower and throughout day I consume:
Orange Triad fish oil - 1 dosage
Erase -2 caps
Transderm RS - 6 pumps
2acoops xtend throughout day.
mmhh thats weird, I've never experienced getting the "runs" from Maniac. Maybe its something you ate?