redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i thought around 8%. i don't think im stage ready yet :p

Porterhouse28

Porterhouse28

Awards
My whole college football team got ours checke a few weeks ago so I've gotten to see lots of different examples. I would say you're no more than 7% ��

Mystere3

Awards
You're 8-9%.

Everyone always underestimates bf%.

5% is like this:

image.jpg

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i like the way he looks, keep in mind he is dehydrated for the shoot.
so i was right with my 9% guess,, most german guy said around 8.
i might fo down to 5-6 but without the dehydration, then do a very slow bulk without going over 10%

EWolfe08

EWolfe08

Awards
I would say 6-7. And FYI I've seen guys at 5% who look NOTHING like that jacked dude in the pic lol. That guy is very dry, very developed and has a lot of lean muscle mass on him, not the best "this is what 5% bf looks like" example.

Mystere3

Awards
I would say 6-7. And FYI I've seen guys at 5% who look NOTHING like that jacked dude in the pic lol. That guy is very dry, very developed and has a lot of lean muscle mass on him, not the best "this is what 5% bf looks like" example.
Nowhere close. You can't distinctly make out each abdominal. You should be able to do that at 8%.

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
http://i59.tinypic.com/2le335.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/2hy8fwz.jpg

i chose a picture without lighting from above because first i believe it actually show more detail and secondly people give everyone under a lamp with some ab shadows below 9%. just wanting to show that all abs are visible. the picture on the camera is blurred compared to reality and the picture on the laptop is blurred compard to the camera, so in reality its much less smooth. but it agree with 8-9 never 6. 6 is every fibre visible in my opinion. well there are watery guys. maybe im a watery 7 lol.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most people's guesses will vary wildly because all body composition assessments have a margin of error.

Therefore one person's perception will be based on their experience of body fat assessments and most of these would be different.

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes very true. well i think i am a diuretic away from cover model shape and around 6-7 pounds of fat and a diuretic away from a competition. there seems to be not much more to lose for because my weight is now holding steady but with my muscles filling up again.
by competition i mean with defined guys not one where they have ass-stripes. haha
my ass is very fat :D

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From the picture I have seen I would guess at 11%.

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
that's the highest guess so far. well, it depends on what standard one chooses. if you for example see a competitot on stage at 7%, then i agree. if you see them at 4% though i would disagree. i think i am about 2-3ks of fat away from being ready for a comp one has to keep in mind that diuresis which could be up to 3-kgs i think also decreases bodyfat.

then there is the debate about organ fat and wether caliper formulas take it into account. and how much organ fat does one have? if somebodys organfat is already 4% then he cannot be 3% on a bb stage.

how come this subject is so unclear and there is no truly clarifying info on it anywhere t be found?
i think there is some kind of measuring though under water isn't there? that's supposed to be the most accurate.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here are two of my videos on it.

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i only just watched the second video. does the first one talk about organ fat? i will watch it later. because if someone has 4-5% organ fat then bein 7% total fat would be ripped to ahreds and 3% basically wouldn't exist.

you don't think 11% is a bit high for someone who has a line across his side abdomen that looks carved with a razorblade? lol
or is 11% in your opinion a very lean state of bodyfat? this is one discussion that nobody ever seems to agree on.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I clicked on the first photo in post #12. I wouldn't put you at below 10% body fat from that one.

It could be poor lighting or posing but knowing what people look like on stage, I would be very hesitate to suggest you are only 4-5% fat higher than bodybuilders in stage condition. I take a lot of body fat assessments but it is still a guess based off a prediction based off another prediction though. You shouldn't worry what you measure out to be.

Yes, the first video discusses the difference in compartment models and why any two compartment model is highly flawed. The second video goes into detail on skinfold measurements specifically.

murk01

murk01

Awards
From the picture I have seen I would guess at 11%.
Nah. No way. Ur def less then that. I'm about 11 and no were near that lean... 8-7%
So any tips what's ur macros

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
bdcc, what about the first pic i posted in the first post? someone said abs are not fully visible but thats lighting and perspective. on the other hand there is a line that basically looks like a cut from below the chest down to my lower abs. i actually think natural lighting shows leanness better but most are manipulated by soem shadows in bthroom lighting making everyone look like they have a sixpack :D
as i said, the 2 photos with the lighting from above are being washed out by the camera (eventhough they all look better on the camera) and on the laptop, it looks much sharper in real life.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah. No way. Ur def less then that. I'm about 11 and no were near that lean... 8-7%
So any tips what's ur macros
This is why I said asking people for a percentage will give varied answers.

Body fat assessments can be wildly inaccurate. So everyone has an opinion based on their own experience with a very inaccurate measurement. This is why there is such a wide range.

In a four compartment model (gold standard) study on elite male bodybuilders, the final body fat percentage average was 5%. This is for elite bodybuilders who were five days away from their competition. Body composition changes in elite male ... [Aust J Sci Med Sport. 1997] - PubMed - NCBI

If he was 7-8% he would be only a couple of percentage points higher than a bodybuilder who is in stage condition. I don't think anyone who coaches physique competitors regularly would agree with this.

Like I said, we are all going to have varied answers and if any of us are close to the correct answer, it is out of luck, nothing more. :)

Edit: an example of a stage ready bodybuilder to demonstrate how lean they would be as a comparison. Alberto Nunez;
alberto4.jpg

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you are not taking diuresis into account. if i took a diuretic i will have visible veins on my ab muscles. that why i say, 6-7 pounds of fat plus the diuresis is stage ready. that guy in the pic in 2 days has no more of those deep cuts.

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
also there are guys on stage that are much softer than this guy. he is an extreme example you know that :)
barely anyone in low weight classes has striated glutes.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I would say 10 percent. One thing I'm wondering though. How can someone distinguish between water weight and fat weight just by looking at them?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would say 10 percent. One thing I'm wondering though. How can someone distinguish between water weight and fat weight just by looking at them?
People often say they are holding water when in reality their body fat is just too high. :)

JD261985

Banned
Awards
People often say they are holding water when in reality their body fat is just too high. :)
Ok i understand that's your assumption lol. I'm asking how you actually KNOW? For instance I understand bodyfat doesn't ripple when pulled back and snapped

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok i understand that's your assumption lol. I'm asking how you actually KNOW? For instance I understand bodyfat doesn't ripple when pulled back and snapped
From looking at a photo, I have no idea. Some people claim to. I can't.

If you have a pair of calipers and you take your umbilicus measurement repeatedly you will tend to get water separation. For example if your first measurement is 8.0mm and you measure it to or three times it will decrease depending on how much subcutaneous water someone is holding.

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well i am not holding excessive water, actually quite dry for my disposition but still, taking a diuretic would flush out at least 6-7 pounds which would make all sorts of veins appear. people always admire guys in fotoshoots and think they can never look like that but that guy also only looks like that for 2-3 days maybe...lol

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As a general rule for natural athletes, I wouldn't recommend a diuretic.

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you think 1.82cm, 87kg with 47cm arms and 128cm chest is natural or did you mean the guy in the picture you posted?
there are still natural ways of inducing water loss though...

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I assumed you were natural but I didn't see your stats. If you posted them and I overlooked them I apologise. In general terms, trying to dehydrate can be a very counterproductive ask unless you can magically induce extracellular dehydration without compromising water levels within skeletal muscle.

Here is a good paragraph from the very recently published review on contest preparation for natural trainees.

"In an attempt to enhance muscle size and definition by reducing extracellular water content, many bodybuilders engage in fluid, electrolyte, and carbohydrate manipulation in the final days and hours before competing [2,60,206]. The effect of electrolyte manipulation and dehydration on visual appearance has not been studied, however it may be a dangerous practice [207]. Furthermore, dehydration could plausibly degrade appearance considering that extracellular water is not only present in the subcutaneous layer. A significant amount is located in the vascular system. Thus, the common practice of "pumping up" to increase muscle size and definition by increasing blood flow to the muscle with light, repetitive weight lifting prior to stepping on stage[208] could be compromised by dehydration or electrolyte imbalance. Furthermore, dehydration reduces total body hydration. A large percentage of muscle tissue mass is water and dehydration results in decreases in muscle water content [209] and therefore muscle size, which may negatively impact the appearance of muscularity."

http://www.jissn.com/content/11/1/20

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
nah i have small bone structure, if i dont flex in certain angles i don't look too big. normally i don't have that inferiority complex ego thing going but now that i have been called fat and small i am a little bit tearful. haha

****, this is what happens with weight loss. was 100kg in february. 49cm arms. looked like **** but big in tshirt. haha