EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Rock probably about 13-14
Djimon Hounsou really hard to tell from that pic could be almost anything up to 18%
Chris Hemsworth probably around 9-10

JayRock

Awards
here's another pic of Djimon Hounsou and what about Will Smith? I just want to get a better feel for what i'm around? I've always like the build of Djimon Hounsou, good delt development, decent traps, just good overall development.

Attachments

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably both are in the 12-14 range with Djimon being a little leaner than will smith. Really the 10-14 area is one of the harder to tell in without good pictures. Above that is pretty easy to at least tell they are above that, and below that is pretty easy but in that range there is so much variation based on amount of muscle mass and fat distribution that its tough. Some guys have fairly cut quads while they still have a belly pouch

JayRock

Awards
I always thought that if abs were visible then it was 10-12%bf. I have very cut quads, back and biceps, but not so much with my delts, stomach and upper arms. It does have alot to do with where people carry their fat. Would you say that DJ and Will Smith look like they're about the same in build/weight?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probably both are in the 12-14 range with Djimon being a little leaner than will smith. Really the 10-14 area is one of the harder to tell in without good pictures. Above that is pretty easy to at least tell they are above that, and below that is pretty easy but in that range there is so much variation based on amount of muscle mass and fat distribution that its tough. Some guys have fairly cut quads while they still have a belly pouch
That makes me think - I actually am beginning to have a fairly cut abdominal region (already had a good back). However, my legs still seem like they're holding on desperately to some fat, mostly in the upper thigh. At what point do you think this drops on everyone? Maybe 10% or under?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always thought that if abs were visible then it was 10-12%bf. I have very cut quads, back and biceps, but not so much with my delts, stomach and upper arms. It does have alot to do with where people carry their fat. Would you say that DJ and Will Smith look like they're about the same in build/weight?
It's not just where you carry fat but also how much muscle there is. I have seen more than my fair share of people at 5-7% bf, and a lot of them did not have abs? Why? They didn't have the muscles to show. But yes, in general you're right; abs start appearing generally around 12%, while when you break 8% you start seeing oblique definition. And you're right that when abs appear is dependent on how you hold fat.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my upper abs are on and off visible while at 13-14%. A lot of it is mass of core muscles and genetics too. the lower abs are pretty well non visible in most guys above 10 though. But it does depend on total muscle mass and fat distribution. Take a 6 foot guy at 12% bodyfat at 150lbs, 200lbs, 250lbs, and 275lbs and they look way different in terms of definition. The guy at 275 could easily still sport a mostly visible 6 pack, the 150lb guy probably looks kinda fat.

That makes me think - I actually am beginning to have a fairly cut abdominal region (already had a good back). However, my legs still seem like they're holding on desperately to some fat, mostly in the upper thigh. At what point do you think this drops on everyone? Maybe 10% or under?
Really its hard to tell when you have odd distribution. Although I think, and from hearing it from others, that when you get low enough that it does disappear if you gain back fat slowly it leans towards a more even distribution. but who knows.