Biceps routine

SR83

SR83

Awards
My biceps are a weak point for me. Triceps are good. I am looking for ideas on what worked for you guys. Im short 5'6 short thick arms. If any of you are similiar

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
This is what I do:
Bicep Barbell Curls 3x10
Incline Curls 3x10
Preacher Curls 3x10
Reverse Preacher Curls 3x10
Hammer Curls (with a rope usually) 3x10

From what I know, this works out all the muscles that make up your bicep; biceps brachii, and the brachialis.
Biceps brachii consists of two muscles, short head, which is the part of the bicep that is closer to you, and the long head, which is on the other side, facing further away.
The brachialis, which is sometimes overlooked, is underneath the biceps brachii.
For optimal results, you should try to tighten your triceps when your arm is straight down (that is when the bicep is completely compressed).
I also focus more on negative movement (when the weight is being brought down) than positive (when the weight is going up).

Hopefully this helps.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
This is what I do:
Bicep Barbell Curls 3x10
Incline Curls 3x10
Preacher Curls 3x10
Reverse Preacher Curls 3x10
Hammer Curls (with a rope usually) 3x10

From what I know, this works out all the muscles that make up your bicep; biceps brachii, and the brachialis.
Biceps brachii consists of two muscles, short head, which is the part of the bicep that is closer to you, and the long head, which is on the other side, facing further away.
The brachialis, which is sometimes overlooked, is underneath the biceps brachii.
For optimal results, you should try to tighten your triceps when your arm is straight down (that is when the bicep is completely compressed).
I also focus more on negative movement (when the weight is being brought down) than positive (when the weight is going up).

Hopefully this helps.
Thats a lot of biceps bro....

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
Thats a lot of biceps bro....
Not to threadjack in ANY way but..
Which of those do you recommend I take out? I sometimes don't feel the pump right away, I also thought of doing three of those one day, and doing the other 2 plus another one another day during the week...any advice?

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Not to threadjack in ANY way but..
Which of those do you recommend I take out? I sometimes don't feel the pump right away, I also thought of doing three of those one day, and doing the other 2 plus another one another day during the week...any advice?
It depends on what you're looking for. I'm no professional but I normally do only 2 exercises as assistance work. I do bb curls and RG bb curls but thats what I've found to work for me. I periodically change it up (for mental benefits) but then I just go to other exercises that I enjoy (hammer curls, DB curls, etc.) My main reason for this is that I focus on the compound exercises and find that I effectively stimulate my biceps when doing rows and pullups!

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
I wonder if ZiR could come in here. After all he is the training forums resident professional!

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Try this out.. Works for me

Ez-Bar Curls - 7 sets, 30sec rest
Concentration Curls - 3 sets, 45sec rest
Preacher Curls (choice) - 3 sets, 45sec rest
Cable Curls (as if you were doing a front double bicep pose) - 3 sets, 45sec rest