bicep and soreness strategies. please help

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
I have been practicing german volume training on day I do bicep I do back and do it first.

so 10 of 10 pull ups or deads
than 10 of 10 barbell curls.
3 of 10 reverse curls

Biceps seem to constantly be sore more than seven days afterward and all other parts heal fast. My lats are weak, my speculation is that my bicep may get to involved in the earlier exercises since I train back heavy. Perhaps smaller muscles take over.

Should I drop the barbell or dumbell curls to 6 sets of ten than? or even less

suggestions?

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So that's your entire back/biceps routine? You don't need to be working your biceps that much. I do about 4-5 total sets for biceps each week.

I'd help you out more but I'd need more information.

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
ok, well Il give it a shot. Anymore suggestions I want to try everything. Also since my bi's have been so sore on day that there sore I have been doing very light pumping exercises and massaging the muscle as I hear it removes some lactic acid. Is this counterproductive?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How do your other muscles feel? There are a few different bodytypes that react differenly to soreness (in general...).

Those with low, low levels of estrogen will find they are sore immediately after and don't get very much DOMS. Those with higher estrogen levels (not necessarily a bad thing, mind you) will get more DOMS. That's delayed onset muscle soreness, btw.

There IS some speculation going on in that theory though.

Anyway, to address your question, you're probably just doing too much high-rep bicep work. Try higher weight, less reps. Debilitating soreness is not conducive to bodybuilding... so even though you're doing less work you're actually helping yourself out.

Eric160

Awards
  • Established
So that's your entire back/biceps routine? You don't need to be working your biceps that much. I do about 4-5 total sets for biceps each week.

I'd help you out more but I'd need more information.
yeah but ur prob pumpin real gear and hgh according to ur pic lol