Better results post workout - WPI protein or BCAA/EAA?

Lee85

Awards
So I've always been a WPI & Creatinee shake guy post workout(as soon as I finish training) and then have a meal(chicken and rice) about 20 mins later once I get home. Only having BCAAs for intra

Lately though I've been reading people mention taking a BCAA and/or EAA mixture post workout instead. For those that have done both, which do you think is more beneficial? And also what supps do you use for this? I've been looking at IFN Finish Line and considering trying that.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do both. 1 scoop Finish Line upon working out, then 2 scoops whey about 30 minutes later.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't see a need for a post workout shake if your drinking aminos during your training and eating shortly there after

however if you dont' plan on eating for like 2 hours after the gym, life gets in the way sometimes, I'd go with WPI

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
The "anabolic window" has pretty much been proven to be an "anabolic aircraft hangar door" (Aragon and Schoenfeld IIRC, or was Helms in there?), so you can just eat your food. Total daily intake that meets your needs is all that matters - if its all food, great...if it's all powder, great...a combo, great. And are you Lactose Intolerant? Only reason for WPI, unless you really can't just have 1g of fat and 1g of carbohydrate per scoop in your macro$

pro45

Awards
The "anabolic window" has pretty much been proven to be an "anabolic aircraft hangar door" (Aragon and Schoenfeld IIRC, or was Helms in there?), so you can just eat your food. Total daily intake that meets your needs is all that matters - if its all food, great...if it's all powder, great...a combo, great. And are you Lactose Intolerant? Only reason for WPI, unless you really can't just have 1g of fat and 1g of carbohydrate per scoop in your macro$
This guy gets it. Yep...

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The primary reason for WPI is to save room in your macros for...

OP - If you're taking BCAAs intra and eating 20 minutes after you workout, a post-workout shake is almost entirely useless and a waste of money.