Better Bars!!!!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rock I can tell you I didn't like the BPB at all wit SF maple syrup... UGggggh. I just stick to with honey and eat em with breakfast(pre workout) meal along with other stuff of course...

I'm stashing away a bunch of BPB for a winter bulk I have planned ;)
That's good to know. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I will pass on that idea...lol

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Rock I can tell you I didn't like the BPB at all wit SF maple syrup... UGggggh. I just stick to with honey and eat em with breakfast(pre workout) meal along with other stuff of course...

I'm stashing away a bunch of BPB for a winter bulk I have planned ;)
They should have been called BULK protein bars! :) LOVE EM.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They should have been called BULK protein bars! :) LOVE EM.
They work easy for my during big eating days on IF too. I eat one a day on workout days and its a quick easy 400 Cal's with protein!!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely great for a bulk.. No more drinking gainer shakes. Just eat a few of these :)

I also like them for breakfast with some oatmeal & whey for a pre workout meal.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely great for a bulk.. No more drinking gainer shakes. Just eat a few of these :)

Instead of adding in PB, oats, and carbs to make a gainer shake you can get it in a great tasting better protein bar!!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Instead of adding in PB, oats, and carbs to make a gainer shake you can get it in a great tasting better protein bar!!
Ya and there so light. Doesn't fill me up and bloat me up at all so it's perfect for pre workout

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established

This is something I never directly thought of, using them exclusively for a bulk and replacing shakes with the bars - I would go for the Better Protein Bars EVERY time!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is something I never directly thought of, using them exclusively for a bulk and replacing shakes with the bars - I would go for the Better Protein Bars EVERY time!
For sure man... I enjoy these more than a shake ANY day.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I just finished off my batch of better bars....sad to seem them go!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got done making a fresh batch!! Letting them chill in the fridge right now :D
Which kind did you make? I'm rocking the Choco Banana now, and despite what you may think of their appearance :D they taste GREAT! I actually like the maple flavor from the Walden Farms zero calorie syrup mixed in.

Going to try the Sour Apple next, stoked for that! I've got some Walden Farms caramel sauce that I may try dipping them in! Or I could just dip them in PowerButter!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Which kind did you make? I'm rocking the Choco Banana now, and despite what you may think of their appearance :D they taste GREAT! I actually like the maple flavor from the Walden Farms zero calorie syrup mixed in.

Going to try the Sour Apple next, stoked for that! I've got some Walden Farms caramel sauce that I may try dipping them in! Or I could just dip them in PowerButter!
I made the Choco Rasp.. MY favorite!

I just stick to honey & pb now. I've tried making the lo carb ones and they tasted nasty... And didn't hold together well. But to each their own..

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I made the Choco Rasp.. MY favorite!

I just stick to honey & pb now. I've tried making the lo carb ones and they tasted nasty... And didn't hold together well. But to each their own..
Hmmm... my batch of low carb turned out fine. Perhaps just different tastes? Mine also hold together fine. Did you use Walden Farms zero calorie syrup or something else? Definitely need to use VERY little to no water if using the syrups.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Sour apple bars dipped in caramel sauce!! Damn that sounds good!!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmm... my batch of low carb turned out fine. Perhaps just different tastes? Mine also hold together fine. Did you use Walden Farms zero calorie syrup or something else? Definitely need to use VERY little to no water if using the syrups.
Oh, I used Sugar Free maple syrup.. They were so damn gooey I just had to press them into balls and eat them. Tasted so nasty I actually just threw em out.. Now I just stick with honey tho. And eat them pre workout. Maybe I'll give the walden farms a shot sometime Milas!

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would caution against that.....mainly because everything but the pancake syrup from walden sucks pretty hard
Oh really? Well forget it then.. Seriously the NTBM bars don't need anything added to them. They're amazingly good on there own!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would caution against that.....mainly because everything but the pancake syrup from walden sucks pretty hard
Yeah, there aren't a lot of great Walden Farms products outside the pancake syrup and some salad dressings, but I'm going to try it regardless since I've got the caramel sauce/dip. REAL caramel sauce would probably be much better! :D

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Walden Farms is ONLY good after a month or two of hard core contest dieting, and even then your brain knows it sucks.

I haven't tried their peanut butter, but I'm sure it blows. Besides, for fat on my contest diets I use real peanutbutter, and almonds, and egg yolks and steak, so why the fake peanutbutter need?

PS: I can't believe I have always ordered bag after bag of the SAME Better Protein Bars flavor all these months, I need to try them all and get out of my comfort zone.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Walden Farms PB is nasty, it's their pancake syrup I swear by!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i made some butterscotch better protein bars the other day, i used organic almond butter, and addin in some coconut oil. 2nd time i've made bp bars, they do taste good, but are a pain in the ass to make.

I say this cause i dont like getting sht all over my hands ( i know, it just washes off, but still). i wonder what would happen if i put them in the oven for a few minutes. hmm...

i used honey, maybe i should of used syup. idk, all that sticky sht on my hands gets me angry. lol

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use a platic mixing spoon, it's never been a problem...

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
i made some butterscotch better protein bars the other day, i used organic almond butter, and addin in some coconut oil. 2nd time i've made bp bars, they do taste good, but are a pain in the ass to make.

I say this cause i dont like getting sht all over my hands ( i know, it just washes off, but still). i wonder what would happen if i put them in the oven for a few minutes. hmm...

i used honey, maybe i should of used syup. idk, all that sticky sht on my hands gets me angry. lol
When it says "Mix by hand" you don't have to literally use your hands man lol. I made this same mistake as well. Just use a spoon or a whisk.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some people like mixing with their hands, makes it more primal. If my wife were into it, we could really have some fun with it and the extra PB and honey! ;)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I am going to be enjoying these bad boys soon!

The ONE and ONLY thing that is anything less than AMAZING about these bars, would be the slight bloat I get after eating them. OF COURSE, I need to follow that up by saying I usually never eat only one, I have around 3, no more than 3 because they are so filling, but that's around 60 grams of protein and a lot of carbs, so I'm 100% sure it isn't entirely the bars whatsoever! :)

All in all... I want everyone to know these are the BEST - BEST - BEST tasting bars I have ever had, and FRESH! The only ones that have honestly ever come close are a couple of the Leanbody Bars (high in sugar, of course) and VPX's Zero Impact bars.

For anyone out there who hasn't had the opportunity to try these, they are CHEAP, and just require some honey and water on your behalf. Sam's Club has a huge container of honey that will last many batches, and plus not only to you know what you're putting in your body is healthy, but on top of that the hand-mixing part isn't nearly as bad as you think. Just dig in, get your fingers a little sticky, and then wash off afterward. Easy.

SuppJunkie

SuppJunkie

Awards
  • Established
These bars are soooooooooooooooooooo good, its crazy. I love the peanut butter and choc rasberry myself. I am actually glad I saw this thread becuase now I am going to throw a couple bags of these in my order later today. Awesome for a snack anytime. Sometimes I wake up during teh night with a raging appetite and I chwo down on one of these. Holds me over to the morning no prob..

If you have never tried these, give them a shot, I think you will be very please and full too..LOL..SJ

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just picked up a bag of the butterscotch yesterday. I have yet to try them, so I'm looking forward to how they taste! :yumyum:

SuppJunkie

SuppJunkie

Awards
  • Established
Just picked up a bag of the butterscotch yesterday. I have yet to try them, so I'm looking forward to how they taste! :yumyum:
mmmmmm, butterscotch, thats sounds sooooooo good. I think I might try those and the choc rasberry this time around..SJ