Best weight gainer

thehulk98

thehulk98

Awards
If your lookin to gain serious lean weight with low grams of sugar and 620 calories,60gram of protein this is the product for you and it taste awesome
image-2396550521.jpg

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
U realize that of those.620cals, only 240 is protein. That's means the other 480 is probly carbs. It might have low sugar on the label, but I'll bet you a billion and a half dollars that one of the first ingredients is maltodextrin. Which is basically a complex carb with the GI of dextrose. It's a supplement company trick so they can claim 6g of sugar in their gainers when it's actually more like 100g

Sry to tell you, but u fell for their web of lies on that one

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
But a carb is a carb is a carb....?
Right?

purebred

I thought the best weight gainer was the one you make yourself because you have greater control of the macros and the cost efficiency?

Too logical?

huxley309

huxley309

Awards
  • Established
I thought the best weight gainer was the one you make yourself because you have greater control of the macros and the cost efficiency?

Too logical?
No actually it's right, though there are some good gainers out there if you look, not many but they're there.

My favourite in terms or price, taste and macro's is boditronics mass attack juggernault.

Mainly as the macros and ingredients are good. Can't stand that use cheap matodextrin, it's a cheap filler.

I used usn mfa, and and couldn't figure out why i was packing on fat quicker than i should have been.

Me and malto do not get along.

boogyman

Awards
best weightgainers (in no particular order):

Beef
Chicken
Milk
Eggs
Brown Rice
Whole Wheat Pasta
Oatmeal

Ect.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
2 cups of ground oats with some protein powder. Nothing better in terms of price or the health of your body.

boogyman

Awards
I'm somewhat of a "hardgainer", and drinking tons of milk really helps me gain weight. A large glass with every meal, and a glass halfway between meal periods.

boogyman

Awards
I'm somewhat of a "hardgainer", and drinking tons of milk really helps me gain weight. A large glass with every meal, and a glass halfway between meal periods.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Carbs are carbs, yeah they may function a bit different energy wise & insulin spike wise but that's it.
It's a pretty simple minded or basic way of looking at it. Bottom line is yes all carbohydrates are essentially sugar molecules. However, simply saying a carb is a carb is like saying petroleum is petroleum, but don't expect to put 87 octane from your corner gas station into a jet engine and expect good results. When you get down to it it ends up not being that simple. A carbs glycemic index, whether or not the carbs are had in conjunction with fiber and so forth have an impact and that needs to be considered. This is why diabetics play with fire if they eat starchy foods, refined sugars etc, but are still able to eat carbs without as much worry when they come from vegetables, nuts, certain fruits etc. it's like saying a calorie is a calorie. Yes, essentially that's true, but there are healthy and unhealthy calories. No one walks around saying I like to get all my fats cals from transfats do they?

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Carbs are carbs, yeah they may function a bit different energy wise & insulin spike wise but that's it.
I agree 100% and you'll find many guys you wouldn't figure would agree, agree with this (another words they are pretty ripped so you figure they are anal with types of carbs :D).....I say a carb is a carb as long as you are hitting your calories/macros.....once you start getting dirty? OK then maybe it becomes more and more of an issue...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
It's a pretty simple minded or basic way of looking at it. Bottom line is yes all carbohydrates are essentially sugar molecules. However, simply saying a carb is a carb is like saying petroleum is petroleum, but don't expect to put 87 octane from your corner gas station into a jet engine and expect good results. When you get down to it it ends up not being that simple. A carbs glycemic index, whether or not the carbs are had in conjunction with fiber and so forth have an impact and that needs to be considered. This is why diabetics play with fire if they eat starchy foods, refined sugars etc, but are still able to eat carbs without as much worry when they come from vegetables, nuts, certain fruits etc. it's like saying a calorie is a calorie. Yes, essentially that's true, but there are healthy and unhealthy calories. No one walks around saying I like to get all my fats cals from transfats do they?

^ I can some what agree, but unless 1 is diabetic there's not need to worry. There are people saying that a post work out on spike insulin can help fuel muscle growth, but I can't say if it's truth or not that I wouldn't know. A white potato to a yam, hmmm besides taste & vitamin content, I don't think it matters. Everyone has their own opinion, & I respect yours.

I agree 100% and you'll find many guys you wouldn't figure would agree, agree with this (another words they are pretty ripped so you figure they are anal with types of carbs :D).....I say a carb is a carb as long as you are hitting your calories/macros.....once you start getting dirty? OK then maybe it becomes more and more of an issue...
I do not advocate weight gainers BTW, just saying carbs are carbs when you are staying within your allotted calorie and macro intake for the day.....

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards

Too logical?
this^^^^^^^^^^^^.......end thread

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i also believe this.....all my carbs are simple except some oats and while cutting i havent noticed any difference from complex

bobbymac

bobbymac

Awards
Oatmeal mixed with protein powder and peanut butter....steak.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
i also believe this.....all my carbs are simple except some oats and while cutting i havent noticed any difference from complex
I just don't think your body gives a flying fuq what kind of carb it is....especially seeing how those of us on this board mix our carbs with assloads of protein and good amounts of fiber (even from supplementation) and of course our fats (both good and bad)....when all that is mixed in your stomach? no way those carb choices are making any sort of difference in that clusterfuq :D I don't think most people take in carbs alone, other than maybe pre or post workout for some guys.....and you probably WANT rapid absorption and insulin spikes in those situations...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^ I can some what agree, but unless 1 is diabetic there's not need to worry. There are people saying that a post work out on spike insulin can help fuel muscle growth, but I can't say if it's truth or not that I wouldn't know. A white potato to a yam, hmmm besides taste & vitamin content, I don't think it matters. Everyone has their own opinion, & I respect yours.
So unless you have diabetes then there is no need to be concerned about it? How do you think adult onset or type 2 diabetes is acquired most often? I have had several friends as of late who have been told they are pre-diabetic and have followed a carb is a carb thought. Now they need to concern themselves with things like glycemic index or glycemic load.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
So unless you have diabetes then there is no need to be concerned about it? How do you think adult onset or type 2 diabetes is acquired most often? I have had several friends as of late who have been told they are pre-diabetic and have followed a carb is a carb thought. Now they need to concern themselves with things like glycemic index or glycemic load.
My fasted blood glucose was 79 when I checked a month ago. After running cycles, eat bad food, drinking gatorade and having 250+g of carbs a day or more, w/o cycling or counting.
-I will keep an eye out 4 it cause it ain't nothing to sneeze at.
Bird & Tech believe the same thoughts and hopefully they are not pre diabetic.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
sounds more like a genetic predisposition and/or poor overall diet and/or being obese or near obese and/or inactivity. I don't think carb choice is to blame at all for this pre-diabetic condition....the body has either been abused in some sort of way (and not just carb choice which I seriously doubt is a major factor) or the bodily processes are not working properly due to genetics or age or whatever....

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
sounds more like a genetic predisposition and/or poor overall diet and/or being obese or near obese and/or inactivity. I don't think carb choice is to blame at all for this pre-diabetic condition....the body has either been abused in some sort of way (and not just carb choice which I seriously doubt is a major factor) or the bodily processes are not working properly due to genetics or age or whatever....
Ya, cuz some people got diabetes when they are young.
Let me grab diabetic lifter for LG and see if he can comment on this make some light in here.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Ya, cuz some people got diabetes when they are young.
Let me grab diabetic lifter for LG and see if he can comment on this make some light in here.
well people who have/acquire liver problems will warn against harming your liver.....people with heart problems will warn against doing things that may harm your heart....People with cholesterol or BP or diabetic problems will warn you to be careful about those issues....they may not always be the best people to ask, since they have a bias due to having this health issue. Just because they have this issue, does not mean it came from carb choice or using PH's or using stims etc etc....and it does not mean any certain outside influence brought it on, much of it seems to be genetics or being overweight/sedentary if you ask me....that being said, always monitor your liver and BP and heart and blood glucose etc....you may or may not run into the same problems as these individuals, and who is to say WHY they have this problem? usually there is no definitive answer....mostly guesses and assumptions....

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
well people who have/acquire liver problems will warn against harming your liver.....people with heart problems will warn against doing things that may harm your heart....People with cholesterol or BP or diabetic problems will warn you to be careful about those issues....they may not always be the best people to ask, since they have a bias due to having this health issue. Just because they have this issue, does not mean it came from carb choice or using PH's or using stims etc etc....and it does not mean any certain outside influence brought it on, much of it seems to be genetics or being overweight/sedentary if you ask me....that being said, always monitor your liver and BP and heart and blood glucose etc....you may or may not run into the same problems as these individuals, and who is to say WHY they have this problem? usually there is no definitive answer....mostly guesses and assumptions....
Yeah. I try and keep up on my stuff. My cholesterol is in the dumper, & I hope it was DMZ and AndroMass and it fixes it self.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Yeah. I try and keep up on my stuff. My cholesterol is in the dumper, & I hope it was DMZ and AndroMass and it fixes it self.
hopefully its not something genetic, since cholesterol seems to be part genetic and partly from diet (and maybe some of these products we take)...if its from diet, you can adjust and fix it easily that way....if its genetic that requires more attention, like maybe getting on a script or taking natural alternatives...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
hopefully its not something genetic, since cholesterol seems to be part genetic and partly from diet (and maybe some of these products we take)...if its from diet, you can adjust and fix it easily that way....if its genetic that requires more attention, like maybe getting on a script or taking natural alternatives...
I'm on my Organ Shield ;)

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Beef is my #1 right up there with dairy. I cant bring myself to spend 40+ bones on a sugar shake. Besides my stomach likes food much better as do my muscles.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I'm on my Organ Shield ;)
One of my parents friends is a guy who is skinny as can be, eats healthy of course, never does anything wrong like smoking or drinking or whatever....yet his cholesterol is perpetually retardedly high....its his genetics, nothing he can do about it but monitor it and take his medicine. Its so strange to see a perfectly healthy person who plays by the rules and still has cholesterol problems....

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
One of my parents friends is a guy who is skinny as can be, eats healthy of course, never does anything wrong like smoking or drinking or whatever....yet his cholesterol is perpetually retardedly high....its his genetics, nothing he can do about it but monitor it and take his medicine. Its so strange to see a perfectly healthy person who plays by the rules and still has cholesterol problems....
Same, it's like why ppl get cancer?

Amwdurant35

Amwdurant35

Awards
Milk
1 cup of oats
1-2 scoops of whey
Banana
Peanut butter
And whatever else u wanna throw in it

I do this 2 times a day 1 post workout with some honey added and one a little before bed. Been working great. Tried serious mass weight gainer and I will never buy a weight gainer from a company again. They throw a bunch of crap in them n u gain fat. Malto is a bodybuilders worst enemy. I like to have 100% control of what I'm putting in my body

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Milk
1 cup of oats
1-2 scoops of whey
Banana
Peanut butter

I do this 2 times a day 1 post workout with some honey added and one a little before bed. Been working great. Tried serious mass weight gainer and I will never buy a weight gainer from a company again. They throw a bunch of crap in them n u gain fat. Malto is a bodybuilders worst enemy. I like to have 100% control of what I'm putting in my body
This is how you make a gainer. Only phaggots buy a 10lb tub with 20 servings for $50. The smart ones make their own better rating shakes for 1/5 the price

Btw u should try grinding your oats, makes it so you don't have to chew down chunks

Amwdurant35

Amwdurant35

Awards
I usually throw it all in a blender to grind it up if that's what your saying? I've tried no blender and I was doing more chewing than drinking lol

Amwdurant35

Amwdurant35

Awards
Making your own is the only way to go IMO. It's healthy which is the most important and when your controlling whats in it your body can respond better. Homemade over a malto shake anyday. Like you said its 1/5 the cost and wen your gettin a couple servings for $50 it should ring a bell

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
I usually throw it all in a blender to grind it up if that's what your saying? I've tried no blender and I was doing more chewing than drinking lol
Well I grind my oats in a blender before hand and store them in an empty 2lb protein tub.then just scoop it out when I make a shake. Makes it smooth as milk

retrofitted

Awards
Homemade is definitely the way to go. A good food processor goes a long way in helping out those that are wanting to make progress in the kitchen...makes for very smooth grinds on rolled oats.

Amwdurant35

Amwdurant35

Awards
I'm definitely going to try that. Thanks for the idea

purebred

Beef is my #1 right up there with dairy. I cant bring myself to spend 40+ bones on a sugar shake. Besides my stomach likes food much better as do my muscles.
Just because it's common sense doesn't mean it's common practice :)

Milk
1 cup of oats
1-2 scoops of whey
Banana
Peanut butter

Best way to go. Forget a premade weight gainer.