Best supps for reducing anxiety/improving mood

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
If it's purely kavalactones you're concerned about, what is wrong with the 30% extracts that are more common? Some of them are from very reputable companies, some even have batch specifications I think.
https://kava.com/genuine-kava/

Kavalactones can also be destroyed if heated up too much. When you make the tea, they tell you to use warm but not hot water, so the kavalactones stay intact and not destroyed. Honestly making the tea will give you the best results.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
https://kava.com/genuine-kava/

Kavalactones can also be destroyed if heated up too much. When you make the tea, they tell you to use warm but not hot water, so the kavalactones stay intact and not destroyed. Honestly making the tea will give you the best results.
Interesting, thanks. From the seller you mentioned on the last page, which strain/type would you recommend for relaxing and relieving stress/anxiety? Not something for a high/euphoria, and definitely nothing stimulating, but something to take in the evening and relax and not stress, with no issues falling asleep, but also not being too sedating?

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
Interesting, thanks. From the seller you mentioned on the last page, which strain/type would you recommend for relaxing and relieving stress/anxiety? Not something for a high/euphoria, and definitely nothing stimulating, but something to take in the evening and relax and not stress, with no issues falling asleep, but also not being too sedating?
I tried the instant kava in the small round tin when I started. Easy to make and find your sweet spot. I can't say if it will keep you up or not but take it about 4hrs or more away from bedtime and see how it treats you.It will depend on how much you use. Follow the directions the first time and see how you feel, if you don't feel much then wait a day and double the dosage. Keep increasing until you find your spot. It can creep up on you sometimes so don't get impatient and take more after you already took some or it will kick in all of a sudden and you might feel a little more than you wanted to. Seriously, real kava is strong! Don't play around with this stuff bro, it will kick your a** if you take too much lol.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub'd

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just another option worth trying....agmatine has been shown to reduce anxiety, stress, depression, etc.
Thanks for the reminder. Been a while since I last used that (stopped while trying other things). Need to pick up some more.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My favorite mood enhancement product would be sustain alpha.

Brandaddy

Brandaddy

Awards
200 mg's of lorazepam if you can get your hands on it. Ha. That'll take every little bit of stress out of you.

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
200 mg's of lorazepam if you can get your hands on it. Ha. That'll take every little bit of stress out of you.
I'm sure it would do the trick lol. I've read many times that the withdrawals from benzodiazepines are worse than anything you can imagine. Worse than any other class of drug out there by far. I know you were kidding thou...I hope lol

Brandaddy

Brandaddy

Awards
Let's just say I've tried it. Not to reduce stress though. Ha. The dumb stuff I used to do when I was younger..

TheMatzah

TheMatzah

Awards
Bacardi Limon + Coke

or Red Wine

add bedroom cardio = very relaxed afterwards.... :D

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
This week i started to take Now Ashwagandha 450mg, two times per day (at morning and before bed) and Now Ultra B-12 at breakfast. The goals are decrease anxiety and increase appetite.

Regarding anxiety, i can say, so far, i´m noticing a difference. Nothing astonishing but every bit of improving is welcome. I feel more relaxed and it´s helping to asleep much faster.

Regarding appetite, it has been something i think i only experienced with MK677. I feel hungry all the time. Well, not really hungry but more like hypo. I feel the need to eat because i feel weak. Not the best feeling in the world, but at least it helps eating more. I think it must be low sugar blood from Ashwagandha, but it can be the B12 playing, i really don´t know.

However, i´m feeling really tired. Its having a negative impact in my workouts. I have no energy or strength at all, i had to drop some weight in almost exercices.

I´ve read somewhere (don´t remember where), someone was taking Ashwagandha and felts really tired in the first week and then it started to feel really energized, but i know Ashwagandha can have a very different results in different people.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't care what any "study" says, ashwagandha is not pro workout/exercise.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't care what any "study" says, ashwagandha is not pro workout/exercise.
What do you mean by that? I would agree that it may not be something you want to take pre-exercise (can be relaxing and/or make you tired), but I'd say it has benefits in regards to exercise that come from regular daily use over a period of time. There are MANY studies showing this.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IGF 2 with sustain alpha puts me in a great mood all day

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I was also thinking just learning to deal with your anxiety or being worried?

I worry all the time and I have learned (and still working on applying it) to get out of my own head. Because in those situations I was my own worst enemy.

Also if it's caused by pushing yourself then I have learned that other people say sh!t like that to you just to make themselves feel better for not pushing themselves hard enough...so also take that into consideration.

pbandy1

Awards
This week i started to take Now Ashwagandha 450mg, two times per day (at morning and before bed) and Now Ultra B-12 at breakfast. The goals are decrease anxiety and increase appetite.

Regarding anxiety, i can say, so far, i´m noticing a difference. Nothing astonishing but every bit of improving is welcome. I feel more relaxed and it´s helping to asleep much faster.

Regarding appetite, it has been something i think i only experienced with MK677. I feel hungry all the time. Well, not really hungry but more like hypo. I feel the need to eat because i feel weak. Not the best feeling in the world, but at least it helps eating more. I think it must be low sugar blood from Ashwagandha, but it can be the B12 playing, i really don´t know.

However, i´m feeling really tired. Its having a negative impact in my workouts. I have no energy or strength at all, i had to drop some weight in almost exercices.

I´ve read somewhere (don´t remember where), someone was taking Ashwagandha and felts really tired in the first week and then it started to feel really energized, but i know Ashwagandha can have a very different results in different people.
is NOW Ashwagandha KSM-66? Maybe you'll have better luck with that?

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
is NOW Ashwagandha KSM-66? Maybe you'll have better luck with that?
No, it isn´t. I wasn´t able to find any KSM-66 product here for sale. I need to import it, but it´s a pain with the customs.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good post. You have to try and get your mind off of things (or at least the root cause of the problem).
Enjoy your favorite activities.

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
Good post. You have to try and get your mind off of things (or at least the root cause of the problem).
Enjoy your favorite activities.
Agreed, not everything has to be, or can be solved with a pill.

joemercy2010

joemercy2010

Awards
I haven't personally used any nootropics myself, but ephedra definitely raises my mood lol but i wouldn't recomend it for anxiety. Buspar helped me get over most of my panic attacks, but if you get prescribed anything, don't take xanax for anxiety. Tell your doctor to go f*ck himself if he tries to give you xanax. Rebounds are serious if you come off xanax. There are other ways to get around anxiety. Mary jane would be good if you live in a state that allows medical marijuana.
God damn right. I live in the 541, where herb is legal. I am diagnosed BP type 2 and I'd recommend herb over Xanax or any pharmaceutical anti anxiety med. too much risk involved with benzos

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
So how does one feel after using mj for a period of time and then stop? Anxiety just comes back worse than before. At least that's what I've seen from others that stop using.

joemercy2010

joemercy2010

Awards
So how does one feel after using mj for a period of time and then stop? Anxiety just comes back worse than before. At least that's what I've seen from others that stop using.
Generally yes, you do get some form of anxiety, however in my experience that generally subsides after a day or two. Compared to withdrawals from Xanax/Klonopin, they are extremely minor. Also, while it isn't entirely true that mj isn't addictive, it is highly unlikely that you would gain a form of dependence like benzos

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Well, regarding the Now Ashwagandha 450mg i´m taking for about two weeks, i honestly can´t say i´m noticing anything positive regarding anxiety.

For the first days i felt a slightly improvement but i guess it was placebo effect. In the situations where i usually had anxiety and/or panic attacks, it seems it doesn´t do a thing. They continue to happen.

After reading amazing things about it, i was in hope that it will be "the one" but... or the extract isn´t so good or it´s one more substance that doesn´t work for my anxiety.

I´ve tried so many things and i can´t remember one that really felt any big difference. Even with benzos. I already took Alprazolam and Diazepam in the past in small dosages and sometimes i feel them kinda work (in mild anxiety cases) but they never prevented anxiety and/or panic attacks in bigger tense situations. I remember once i had to take an CT Scan and i took the usual Alprazolam dosage before... nothing... i took a little more, nothing... a little more and still nothing.

Curiously the main problem is before the situations. After being there for a while it seems everything calms down.

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
Well, regarding the Now Ashwagandha 450mg i´m taking for about two weeks, i honestly can´t say i´m noticing anything positive regarding anxiety.

For the first days i felt a slightly improvement but i guess it was placebo effect. In the situations where i usually had anxiety and/or panic attacks, it seems it doesn´t do a thing. They continue to happen.

After reading amazing things about it, i was in hope that it will be "the one" but... or the extract isn´t so good or it´s one more substance that doesn´t work for my anxiety.

I´ve tried so many things and i can´t remember one that really felt any big difference. Even with benzos. I already took Alprazolam and Diazepam in the past in small dosages and sometimes i feel them kinda work (in mild anxiety cases) but they never prevented anxiety and/or panic attacks in bigger tense situations. I remember once i had to take an CT Scan and i took the usual Alprazolam dosage before... nothing... i took a little more, nothing... a little more and still nothing.

Curiously the main problem is before the situations. After being there for a while it seems everything calms down.
You could look into EMDR therapy. My wife used it to get over her anxiety/panic attacks. They use light and sounds to help your brains left and right sides work together and that somehow cures it. She says its used for trauma i.e. Abuse, car accidents, Chemical abuse etc etc. look for a counselor that specializes in EMDR therapy. I know it might sound kooky but it worked great for my wife. It's worth a shot.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Have you seen a doctor? This may sound like it is out of left field, but have you had your thyroid checked?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is basically the definition of social anxiety and it is the anticipation of an event that starts everything. Once in the situation, it generally calms down unless you suffer from this greatly.

I personally would recommend Aniracetam for this exact situation as it is a mid-strong anxiolytic and helps tremendously with public speaking and thought processing, which can become cloudy when you suffer from social anxiety. 750mg with a fat source 45-60 min prior.

This is a temporary measure, but can help build confidence as you are in situations that can cause anxiety and start to feel more comfortable. I'd also recommend getting into anxiety causing situations more often as this can help to know the triggers and how to address them.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok, I missed this last part - and Kisaj's advice is good.

However, it may be a coping issue and not something you NEED drugs for. Something like Yelis300 pointed out may help. Personally, this reminds me A LOT of the thoughts behind Neuro-Linguistics Programming (NLP).

Basically, this has to do with how you store memories and think of these situations. The anxiety isn't from the situation itself, it is from how you THINK about these situations. So you need to modify how you have programmed these situations in your head.

I am not very good at this, but I've done some reading on it and have some very basic stuff that I know about - if you want to discuss things in more detail, feel free to PM me. Not sure it will help, but it really, really can't hurt.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Basically, this has to do with how you store memories and think of these situations. The anxiety isn't from the situation itself, it is from how you THINK about these situations. So you need to modify how you have programmed these situations in your head.
Yep, which is why he needs to get into more situations that would traditionally cause anxiety so he can not only get more comfortable with being uncomfortable, but also build better experiences.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yep, which is why he needs to get into more situations that would traditionally cause anxiety so he can not only get more comfortable with being uncomfortable, but also build better experiences.
I agree with this, and it is the most straight forward way to learn how to deal with these situations, but there is also the potential to reinforce his negative beliefs. And he has already admitted to himself that the reality isn't as bad as the ideas in his head when he thinks about the reality - he doesn't have to change what actually happens, just what's in his head. Since he can make up bad ideas about such a situation, maybe he should spend some time trying to come up with some good ideas about them.

I do this all the time myself, but in a different way. I find that I become VERY good at being upset at certain things. Whenever it happens, I practice my upset pattern and get even better at it, until it becomes automatic. But in reality, I've become comfortable with this ONE pattern, this one set of skills, this one emotion, and I have many emotions, skills and patterns I could use in place of it - I just don't practice them.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree with this, and it is the most straight forward way to learn how to deal with these situations, but there is also the potential to reinforce his negative beliefs. And he has already admitted to himself that the reality isn't as bad as the ideas in his head when he thinks about the reality - he doesn't have to change what actually happens, just what's in his head. Since he can make up bad ideas about such a situation, maybe he should spend some time trying to come up with some good ideas about them.

I do this all the time myself, but in a different way. I find that I become VERY good at being upset at certain things. Whenever it happens, I practice my upset pattern and get even better at it, until it becomes automatic. But in reality, I've become comfortable with this ONE pattern, this one set of skills, this one emotion, and I have many emotions, skills and patterns I could use in place of it - I just don't practice them.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot for all of you for your tips.

In fact i suffer from Agoraphobia too and i think it´s the main problem.

Even a lot before i go somewhere i already can´t stop thinking if i feel bad and if i need to get out of there, it will be embarrassing. This is stupid and non sense because i know, most of the times, i feel good after being a while there but i can´t control those thoughts. Currently i even can´t travel so far from my home with the fear something happens and i can´t reach home quickly... And when i go out i need to be in the "control". Choose the places, be the driver and so on. This crap is partially destroying my life.

Doctors prescribe Alprazolam but like i said before i didn´t feel a big relieve from it. Maybe it´s good to relax in mild anxiety cases but for me it doesn´t work in tenser situations. Once a doctor wanted to prescribe an SSRI but i refused. I heard so many bad things about them...

About my thyroid, i did some blood lab tests 3 years ago and the results were:

FT4: 1.68 ng/dL (0.89 - 1.76) / 21.6 pmol/L (11.45 - 22.65)
FT3: 5.21 pmol/L (2.80 - 7.10)
TSH-H: 1.10 mUI/L (0.55 - 4.78)

On a Ultrasound, they found some "micro-cyst" but the doctor who performed the Ultrasound said "i almost didn´t noticed them... they are very very small and they only would be on the report, taking the account the "high FT4""

About the FT4 value, the doctor who prescribed the test, told me the values were still in the normal range and attending the normal TSH-H i shouldn´t be concerned, but in my opinion, FT4 seems to be in the higher borderline and i heard some cases of really bad symptoms even a little below the borderline.

I have here some "Thyroid Calming" from Herb Farm which i started to took again.