Best of both worlds

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
ROM drills are mobility work. Don't worry about that too much right now. Pistols are one legged bodyweight squats. You can do them from a box until you get the hang out it. HSPU is a handstand push up. You just do a handstand against a wall and push yourself up and down.

You need a rowing machine/ergometer to do the rowing. I'm not sure where you workout but almost every gym has at least one rower.

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
ok so im really getting frustrated because my POS gym doesn't have the **** i need to do most of my workouts. couldnt do the rows today because there is no row machine. no jump rope. and the list goes on. i go to xsport express so the fckin place is small as **** and has limited equipment. i think im going to start looking for a new gym. i usually go after work so i need something 24hrs but dont want to pay like 50 a month at lifetime. im gonna check out cardinal.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
ok so im really getting frustrated because my POS gym doesn't have the **** i need to do most of my workouts. couldnt do the rows today because there is no row machine. no jump rope. and the list goes on. i go to xsport express so the fckin place is small as **** and has limited equipment. i think im going to start looking for a new gym. i usually go after work so i need something 24hrs but dont want to pay like 50 a month at lifetime. im gonna check out cardinal.
I don't know what any of those places are but good luck.

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
im trying to get 348 grams of protein daily so i wont loose any muscle mass. bit of a challenge

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Way too much protein. Way too much. Don't believe the hype.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
ive been told 2 grams per pound
Thats very excessive. If you are exercising and eating well you don't need more than 1g/lb of protein. I get by with less than that on a regular basis and I'm actually adding mass.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
21-15 -9 Pull-ups, Push-ups, Squats
Means a set of 21 of each, a set of 15 of each, and then a set of 9 of each, all bodyweight.

Strength: Work to 1RM Bench Press (BP)

Stamina: Chipper: 15 x BP @ 80% 1RM, 100 x SDHP (75#), Shoulder Mobility Drills
Work to your 1RM of the day and then take 80% of that and do 15 total bench presses and 100 total sumo deadlift high pulls YouTube - Sumo Deadlift High Pull Courtesy CrossFit Inc.

Work Capacity: 5RFT:

* 15 Curtis P (105#), run 400
For this you go through this sequence 5x as quickly as possible. So you do 15 curtis p and then run a 400. Repeat it 4 more times. A curtis p is YouTube - SEAL Fit Curtis P. You do 15 of them for a set.

Durability: Sprints: 1 min max effort, 1 min rest, 10 rounds. Breath Control practice and Stretch 15 minutes.

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
hell yea bro, ima **** **** up! a big thanks to wearedbleedblue for helping me out

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Baseline: Run 400M. 4 rounds Bar Bell Complex 75 - 105#. Run 400M
Work Capacity:
AMRAP 30 minutes:
5 x Squat Clean (95#)
10 x Double Under
15 x KB Swing (55#)

-----(segment)-----

Strength: Work to 1RM Thruster

Stamina:
4 rounds, not timed: 3 x Thruster @ 85% 1RM, 3 x rope ascent, Sand Bag carry 200M

Durability: 3 mile run at moderate pace. 4 sets of 50 4-count flutter kicks. Eccentric stretch.

I got 15 rounds of the work capacity and I worked up to a 195lb thruster.
I subbed 3 towel pullups for each rope ascent, so 9 each round. I used a 30lb sandbag and a 35lb kettlebell for the carries.

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
ok time myself today on the ROM drills: 20 pushups, 20 squats, 20 wall balls

round 1- 2:05
2- 1:54
3- 1:56

didnt finish the durability workout due to having a headache but did as much as i could of the workout. really kicked my ass. felt like yacking after the 75 box jumps

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
ok time myself today on the ROM drills: 20 pushups, 20 squats, 20 wall balls

round 1- 2:05
2- 1:54
3- 1:56

didnt finish the durability workout due to having a headache but did as much as i could of the workout. really kicked my ass. felt like yacking after the 75 box jumps
The stamina part was supposed to be done at an easy pace. What did you work up to on the 1RM squat?

I did 2-3 reps of squats then some box jumps nice and slow but each one explosive. To me, the hardest part was the 800m farmers walk holding 28kg kettlebells. I broke that in to 4 200m walks.

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
that wasn't at an easy pace. maybe im just really slow. i thought i did them pretty fast. what was your time

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
that wasn't at an easy pace. maybe im just really slow. i thought i did them pretty fast. what was your time
The timed part was the "Diane" workout of 21-15-9 HSPU and deadlifts. The rest should be done at a leisurely pace. Only the Work Capacity section needs to be timed.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Today's workout:

Baseline: ROM Drills then 100 double unders AFAP

Work Capacity: Daniel:
50 x Pull-ups
400 meter run
21 Thrusters (95#)
800 meter run
21 x Thrusters (95#)
400 meter run
50 Pull-ups
Durability: Rest 10 minutes. Then: Sprints 12 x 100M :)15 interval). 2 x 3 min plank hold. Active Stretch.

Finished in 19:52. I think this was the most brutal workout yet. Mental toughness is not where it needs to be yet, found myself quitting on the thrusters and resting too much after the runs.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Baseline: 5 Rope Ascents - 15 Body Thrusters (55# KB) - 800 m Run
Strength: 1 RM WPU ( Weighted Pull Up)
Stamina: 5 Rounds : 3 X WPU ( @ 85% of 1RM), 15 X DB Push Press ( 35lbs.), PVC Shoulder Drills
-----(segment)-----
Work Capacity: Teams of 3 for time: 5 Rounds: Man Makers (35lbs.), KB Swings (55lbs.), 400 M run (Notes)
Durability: 100 x 4 count Flutter Kicks, 100 x atomic Situps, 1 Mile cool down Run
Notes: Option to do WOD in two sessions. New to SEALFIT?...read this . Equipment: Rope, 2 x 35# or 40# DumbBells, Pulll-up bar, PVC pipe, 55# Kettle Bell. This workout is dedicated to an individual who everyday motivated and inspired the men at SEALFIT Academy class 5. He was a class act and it was sad to see him go after the Basic Camp. Jim Rutan we thank you. Notes for WC: with a three man team the reps are determined by the runner. Perform Max reps for exercise until runner returns from the 400M, then switch exercises until all three teammates have done all three exercises. Do this four more times. Individuals your rep count will be 10 Man Makers, 20 KB Swings. Body Thruster: Perform an 8 count body builder with a Kettle Bell thruster on the up movement. If you can't figure this out then do a burpee followed by a KB thruster. Atomic situps -keep your legs and chest elevated (the body should be in a "V" position) and simultaneously crunch your upper body and bring your knees to your chest, then return to the "V" position...this equals one rep.

I won't have a team so I'll be doing them the way they describe it.

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
is that suppose to be done the same day, after the segment? I found todays workout to be pretty easy except torwards the end of the pulls ups. felt like my arms were gonna fall off. and then the sprints, different story

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
So ive noticed that ive lost a little bit of mass, mainly on my arms. so i was thinking of doing one week crossfit and the next heavy weight and low rep workouts. i dont feel like these work outs are really stimulating my bi's or tri's. Without a doubt good for legs and chest

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
The Navy doesn't care about how big your arms are. They want endurance and performance. Alternating crossfit weeks with heavy weeks is a bad idea given what is needed for your military career. You need to quit thinking like a bodybuilders and quit worrying about things like your "bi's and tri's" if you want to be successful in making into and through special forces training.

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
yea your right, i felt like a dumbass after writing that when i started to think about it. the strange thing is that i had a hard time putting on weight and now recently i went from 165 to just kept building. i started gaining towards the end of my low rep high weight workouts. i started running, swimming, and now doing the sealfit workouts and im still gaining. 176lbs taken monday, pretty close circumstances as i usually have when i weigh in. this is mostly likely to do quitting smoking, after i stopped i just couldn't ever seem to stay full for long.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Segment means minimum 10 minute break but ideally 5+ hours apart. I do the 10 min break. I got +65lbs for my 1RM on pullups (i suck at pullups) and I did the work capacity in 21:17. You said yesterday's workout was easy, what was your time?

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
yea your right, i felt like a dumbass after writing that when i started to think about it. the strange thing is that i had a hard time putting on weight and now recently i went from 165 to just kept building. i started gaining towards the end of my low rep high weight workouts. i started running, swimming, and now doing the sealfit workouts and im still gaining. 176lbs taken monday, pretty close circumstances as i usually have when i weigh in. this is mostly likely to do quitting smoking, after i stopped i just couldn't ever seem to stay full for long.
Sometimes it's hard to break out of a certain way of thinking. Despite the claims of some it's impossible to be big and strong and super lean and have great muscle endurance and have great aerobic fitness all at the same time. For most of us mere mortals we have to sacrifice a bit in one area to excel in another area. With the type of strength endurance and fitness required for special forces your absolute maximum strength and muscle size are not going to be optimal. Just like a powerlifter trying absolutely maximize his strength will have to comprise some anaerobic endurance and aerobic fitness.

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
yea its just hard to switch my way of thinking because i was trying to gain mass for a while and now im gonna be doing almost the opposite

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
Damn today's workout was something else! Started timing but then stopped when i finished the first set of the man builders and kb swings. i only ended up doing 3 series, started with 35lbs, then 30lbs, and on the last one 25lbs. did the 55lb kb swing without a problem. how was yours wearedbleedbled?

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I did all 5 rounds in 21:17 like I said. It was tough at first to get a hang of the man makers but after the second round of them, I started moving through them pretty well.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Baseline: 20 -15 -10 Burpee, O/H squat w/ PVC
Strength / Stamina: Clean & Jerk: 8-6-5-5-3-3-1-1-1
-----(segment)-----
Work Capacity: Body Armor: for time with 20# vest:
1 mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, 300 air squats, 1 mile run
Durability: Active Stretch.So I forgot my O lifting shoes at home today and the Crossfit class was doing OH Squat max so I subbed some kb cleans and presses instead. The 32kg kettlebell is getting a lot easier to handle than it was a few weeks ago, always a good sign. The work capacity was a real gasser. I managed to run 8 minute miles with a 20lb vest on which is pretty good for not training a mile run other than the few times in the past 3 weeks. The vest really changes your breathing, constricts your lungs on each breath. I was gasping for air towards the end but not tired. It was a weird feeling. The rest was just a torture test, seeing how little I could rest between each rep and each exercise. Total time for the WC: 56:44 Not bad considering I don't do the crossfit style kipping pullups. It takes a while to do 100 strict pullups.

Next week I'm going to do a deload, I'm starting to feel like I'm overreaching a bit. It will be a mix of max effort O lifts and maybe 1-2 sealfit work capacity conditioning workouts.

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
i pulled a double shift and just could not pull through and finish them. next time

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
cant remember the last time i would be sore for 2wks straight

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
lost 2lbs this past weekend from drinking and no eating all night at U of I. never again. my hard work is not worth getting fcked up. stupid mistake. time to keep pushing harder. i already see a difference in my body, more toned especially my chest and shoulders.

MelissaF

Awards
Hello,
If you want to be a Navy seal you're going to have to focus all your training for that goal. With the amount of endurance work they do, you don't need to worry about getting any bigger. You obviously need some strength, but you also need a ton of strength endurance and aerobic fitness.
Ali.

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
done with MEPS, now all i have to do is pass my PST and i get my contract. meeting with the seal coordinator next week