BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Friday 28th September Chestbro:
30kg db 70kg bench press supersets:
10,6; 10,6; 10,6; then bumped up to 32.5kg db for 10,5; 10,5 feeling string af today
Strict OHP 40kg 3x10
Cable rope pushdown dropsets 3 sets
Cable bar pushdo we n dropsets 5 sets feeling gassed now
Bench dips 3x20

Trest has kicked in, confirmed by insomnia and destruction of appetite.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saturday 29th September Deads
Feel like crap today. Dehydration snuck up on me yesterday, until I found myself with dizziness and weak legs. Went to Mum and Dad's and checked my blood pressure, it was 155/66 which is super high for me! Got it back down to 130s with 4 asprins and a 20min nap.

Deads today, all beltless (just can't get comfy with it today): 180kgx5; 190kg 3x5; 200kgx5. Feeling strong af.
Wide grip pullups 5x6
Supine grip chinups 5x6
Hyper flyes 6kg db 3x14

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saturday 29th September Deads
Feel like crap today. Dehydration snuck up on me yesterday, until I found myself with dizziness and weak legs. Went to Mum and Dad's and checked my blood pressure, it was 155/66 which is super high for me! Got it back down to 130s with 4 asprins and a 20min nap.

Deads today, all beltless (just can't get comfy with it today): 180kgx5; 190kg 3x5; 200kgx5. Feeling strong af.
Wide grip pullups 5x6
Supine grip chinups 5x6
Hyper flyes 6kg db 3x14
From needing a nap with high BP to pulling 200 for 5 beltless.....nice bro.

Being on cycles the best

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Monday 1st October Bench Power

Today is a public holiday here, so got in a bit later after a good night's sleep. Also, on saturday night I woke up at 11.30 and couldnt get back to sleep, so I got up, vaped a little weed and watched Deadpool 2 while systematically reducing my pantry's carb stores in order of descending glycaemic index. It was glorious. Went back to bed at dawn then woke up maybe 2hrs later and made pancakes, which I chased with a half kilo of roast pork loin. Thought that was it, but then we went to Betty's Bugers for dinner and I ate 2 mega burgers, the kids' nuggets, half my son's cheeseburger, and a chocolate thickshake. Woke up this morning with a pump, and I knew I was ready to crush some big numbers for bench day.
Worked up to:
120kgx3, 130kgx3, 135kgx3, 140kgx3 (PR), 100KGx14
https://youtu.be/CPrcIhmoWQ0
BW pullup 3x5
Seated unilateral row 80kg 3x10 each side
Strict OHP 50kg 3x6, 60kgx5
Lat machine pulldown 70 3x10

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Today is a public holiday here, so got in a bit later after a good night's sleep. Also, on saturday night I woke up at 11.30 and couldnt get back to sleep, so I got up, vaped a little weed and watched Deadpool 2 while systematically reducing my pantry's carb stores in order of descending glycaemic index. It was glorious. Went back to bed at dawn then woke up maybe 2hrs later and made pancakes, which I chased with a half kilo of roast pork loin. Thought that was it, but then we went to Betty's Bugers for dinner and I ate 2 mega burgers, the kids' nuggets, half my son's cheeseburger, and a chocolate thickshake. Woke up this morning with a pump, and I knew I was ready to crush some big numbers for bench day.
Worked up to:
BW pullup 3x5
Quit waking up a day ahead. Lol

Newth

Awards

Worked up to:
BW pullup 3x5
How good is today, it's a public holiday here too...I work so much a day off is great.
Damn it another thread to add to my feed...sorry for not joining your thread before, time is always an issue

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How good is today, it's a public holiday here too...I work so much a day off is great.
Damn it another thread to add to my feed...sorry for not joining your thread before, time is always an issue
All good mate, welcome aboard! I dont expect people to keep up with my log, I am pretty busy myself!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the bench PR!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wed 3rd October skwaats
Worked up to:
150kgx5, 160kg 4x5 in sleeves. Pretty happy with how these felt, the last 2 sets were difficult pushing me mentally to manage my form.
Leg ext 80 for 3x20
Leg curl 70 3x10

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Friday 5th October

Woke up at 1am and couldnt sleep. Feel like crap today.

35kgdn 70kgbb bench press supersets:
6,6; 10,6; 9,5; 8,5;
Strict ohp 50kgx5, 60kgx5, 2x50kgx8
Lat pulldown 80 for 3x12. Did these to reset my r shoulder which is feeling a little unstable.
Push up 3x25

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Friday 5th October

Woke up at 1am and couldnt sleep. Feel like crap today.

35kgdn 70kgbb bench press supersets:
6,6; 10,6; 9,5; 8,5;
Strict ohp 50kgx5, 60kgx5, 2x50kgx8
Lat pulldown 80 for 3x12. Did these to reset my r shoulder which is feeling a little unstable.
Push up 3x25
One of those days... We all know. Just keep fighting!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saturday 6th October Deads plus back and bis.
Rained out at work this morning and felt as though a huge weight lifted from my shoulders! I have been battling all week to make an important deadline which is now shifted forward thanks to the rain!
Deadlift, worked up to:
180kgx8, 200kgx5, 220kgx5, 230kgx5 (PR!). Nearly blacked out during 220kgx5 but no problems with 230kgx5 thanks to smelling salts. I can feel the S23 has kicked in, plusi felt my belt advabtage after training beltless last week.
A bit hypo after the deads so at the cafe downstairs right now about to hoe into a large slice of mudcake for a little 900cal boost, then back upstairs for back and bis.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saturday 6th October Part II
Wide grip BW pullup 5x6
20kg weighted chinup 5x5
Isolateral pulldown strict upright form 120kg 3x10
Seated incline row with pause 30kg 3x15
Preacher supersets with 45kg,35kg,25kg for 10,5,10; 10,5,10; 9,5,10; 8,5,8
Seated 15kg db curl 3x8

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saturday 6th October Part II
Wide grip BW pullup 5x6
20kg weighted chinup 5x5

Isolateral pulldown strict upright form 120kg 3x10
Seated incline row with pause 30kg 3x15
Preacher supersets with 45kg,35kg,25kg for 10,5,10; 10,5,10; 9,5,10; 8,5,8
Seated 15kg db curl 3x8
Oops, I feel you breathing down my neck! Good work!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oops, I feel you breathing down my neck! Good work!
Haha I thought about throwing on an extra plate to see if I could catch up to you but, truthfully, with one plate my form gets pretty bad after 3 reps so I doubt I could pull all the way up with two.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chin/pull-ups for us "bulky guys" is a true challenge! I think you also have longer arms than me, that makes it harder too!
I bet it felt good to hang that 20 on a belt and pull it! It gives me huge satisfaction, knowing most people can't pull that off.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Chin/pull-ups for us "bulky guys" is a true challenge! I think you also have longer arms than me, that makes it harder too!
I bet it felt good to hang that 20 on a belt and pull it! It gives me huge satisfaction, knowing most people can't pull that off.
Haha yeah I like being able to do things younger, fitter guys can't do. I also like the idea of besting gravity by adding the weight!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saturday 6th October Deads plus back and bis.
Rained out at work this morning and felt as though a huge weight lifted from my shoulders! I have been battling all week to make an important deadline which is now shifted forward thanks to the rain!
Deadlift, worked up to:
180kgx8, 200kgx5, 220kgx5, 230kgx5 (PR!). Nearly blacked out during 220kgx5 but no problems with 230kgx5 thanks to smelling salts. I can feel the S23 has kicked in, plusi felt my belt advabtage after training beltless last week.
A bit hypo after the deads so at the cafe downstairs right now about to hoe into a large slice of mudcake for a little 900cal boost, then back upstairs for back and bis.
Massive numbers mate, great work, nice pr

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Monday 8th October bench power
Worked up to 120kgx3, 130kg 5x3
Seated unilateral row 80kg 3x8

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Tuesday 9th Octiber light shoulder sesh:
Made some changes to my cycle last week for which I am beginning to the effects:
1.) Bumped s23 up to 30mg/day by adding 10mg pm
2.) Added neurostack (dhea & preg) at half dose
3.) Reduced trest to 75mg/day, 50mg am 25 pm
Observations:
1.) Insane 24hr pumps
2.) Improved recovery
3.) Much better sleep
4.) Appetite has returned with vengeance

Today at the gym:
14kg kb swings 3x20 (omg the back pumps!!)
Seated cable row 60 for 3x8 with 20sec rest intervals
Strict ohp 40kgx10, 50kgx5, 55kgx5 60kgx5
Db lateral raise 7.5kg 5kg dropsets: 10,14; 10,12; 8,10

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Made some changes to my cycle last week for which I am beginning to the effects:
Observations:
1.) Insane 24hr pumps
2.) Improved recovery
3.) Much better sleep

Today at the gym:
Seems like the cycle tweak has worked well.....

Was the 14kg kb swings a typo? Can imagine a 14kg even being noticeable for you?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Observations:
1.) Insane 24hr pumps
2.) Improved recovery
3.) Much better sleep

Today at the gym:

Was the 14kg kb swings a typo? Can imagine a 14kg even being noticeable for you?

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Haha no, 14kg is correct. For me, this cardio, but mainly I use this movement to fire up motor units in the posterior chain and assess foam rolling requirements - getting ready for squats tomorrow. With 14kg I am working up to being as explosive as possible and focusing on keeping shoulders tied down for upper back tightness (one day I want to not have to think of this cue when I squat). I actually do these a couple times per week but dont usually log it.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Haha no, 14kg is correct. For me, this cardio, but mainly I use this movement to fire up motor units in the posterior chain and assess foam rolling requirements - getting ready for squats tomorrow. With 14kg I am working up to being as explosive as possible and focusing on keeping shoulders tied down for upper back tightness (one day I want to not have to think of this cue when I squat). I actually do these a couple times per week but dont usually log it.
Just get some hcg on cycle and you won’t even need a 14kg bell lol

I guess I use banded pull throughs in the same way to get things firing. Swings I’ve always tended to do heavy though.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just get some hcg on cycle and you won’t even need a 14kg bell lol

I guess I use banded pull throughs in the same way to get things firing. Swings I’ve always tended to do heavy though.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wed 10th October skwaats

Feeling super fatigued today, had trouble getting out of bed.
150kgx5 slow af. There's a guy doing deadlifts next to me who clearly doesnt think about spinal mechanics because every rep is ridiculously hyper-extended, and its ****ing with my head.
160kgx5 Feeling the weekend's deadlifts, hips are still tight af
165kg 3x5. Form got pretty sloppy in that last set
Calf rotations whole stack for 3 sets, didnt count reps
Leg ext 80 for 3x20

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wed 10th October skwaats

Feeling super fatigued today, had trouble getting out of bed.
150kgx5 slow af. There's a guy doing deadlifts next to me who clearly doesnt think about spinal mechanics because every rep is ridiculously hyper-extended, and its ****ing with my head.
160kgx5 Feeling the weekend's deadlifts, hips are still tight af
165kg 3x5. Form got pretty sloppy in that last set
Calf rotations whole stack for 3 sets, didnt count reps
Leg ext 80 for 3x20
Haha, super fatigued but still hits 3x5 at 165kgs - that’s heavy stuff bro. Nice

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Haha, super fatigued but still hits 3x5 at 165kgs - that’s heavy stuff bro. Nice
Thanks mate. I want to hit 180kg for 3x5 in sleeves by the end of this cycle (another 4 weeks) but have to see how things go. Probably I will have to reduce deadlift volume after this week.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fri 12th October Chestybro
35kgdb 70kgbp supersets: 10,6; 10,6; 10,6,; 10,5; 10,5
Bw pullup wide grip, 3x5, 2x8
Strict ohp 40kgx10, 50kgx5, 60kgx3, 55kgx5
Cable tri dropsets CV 4xrope 4xbar
Seated cable row 60x12 BW pushup x20 supersets x3

Awesome workout, wasnt pushing too hard but still progressing.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saturday 13th October Part 1 Deadlift
180kgx5, 210kgx5, 230kgx5, 180kg x10 beltless. Little bit disappointed I didnt pull 230x5 twice, but I was shaking after the first effort and I really dont want to compromise my form with this weight, so I backed off with 180kgx10.

BW 110kg this morning, and the last couple of days I have literally torn 2 pairs of workpants at the crotch. Glute and thigh gains are ridiculous.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fcuk me you made that look easy bro. Honestly amazed you pulled the first 4 double overhand......most people I know would use straps, personally I’ve never found a limit with a mixed grip but double over at that weight is insanely good!!
That's hookgrip mate. It's actually easier than mixed grip, until your UCL begins to stretch a little too much. It adds maybe 20mm to my reach which allows me to start with slightly higher hips, which I find enables me to generate gteater pisterior chain tension.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Saturday 13th October Part 2
Bw pullup wide grip for 5,6,8,8,10
15kg parallel grip pullup 5x5
Preacher dropsets 50kg, 35kg, 25kg for 5,6,8; 5,5,8 then 45kg, 30kg, 20kg for 10,8,10; 10,10,10 (**** yeah!) 10,10,10
15kg db curl 3x8
Seated cable row 60 3x14

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's hookgrip mate. It's actually easier than mixed grip, until your UCL begins to stretch a little too much. It adds maybe 20mm to my reach which allows me to start with slightly higher hips, which I find enables me to generate gteater pisterior chain tension.
Ah yeah, can see it on the right hand better on the first rep. Fair point. Even so I still find that impressive......

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Monday 15th October Bench deload:
Sore and a little bit arthritic today. Skipped my adex on the weekend as joints are sore atm.
Bench: 80kg for 5x3 as fast as possible
Then some other stuff aimed at rehabing my hips.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Monday 15th October Bench deload:
Sore and a little bit arthritic today. Skipped my adex on the weekend as joints are sore atm.
Bench: 80kg for 5x3 as fast as possible
Then some other stuff aimed at rehabing my hips.
Sore joints suck, I’m really not looking forward to stopping mk

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wed 17th October skwaat deloadz
100kg 3x5 working on controlllibg descent and exploding out of the hole. Upper back is jacked atm, making it hard to stay tight without the belt so did these with my belt on, and esch set felt progressively better.
https://youtu.be/P0Qc9kszFdY
Chased these with a set of snatch presses focusing on depth at the catch.
Did some mobility stuff that I cant be bothered logging.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thurs 18th October back deloadz
BW trap pullups 3x8
Plate machine pulldowns AFAP (as fast as possible) 3x10 40kg each side
Isolateral seated row AFAP 3x8 40kg each side
Isolateral plate deadlift 20kg 3x8 each leg
10kg db curl on incline bench at full external rotation 3x6 Left bicep is super tight.
Snatch grip rack pulls 180kg 3x3 AFAP
seated cable rows 50 for 3x10

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good pump this morning, but nipples are getting a little puffy!
IMG_20181018_065938_786.jpeg