Beers and bodybulding

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
Sure but then you're going to suck at being an alcoholic and suck at building muscle. Why not just decide if you want to be a really good alcoholic or really good at building muscle?
i wanna be both and have the best of both worlds!
i also am gonna get huge by taking 100MG of m1t and add weight through my beer calories!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It could be a rumor like anything else, but I heard Arnold and all of the bbers from the 60's and 70's use to drink beer for that specific reason.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
mmm B33R... :D

I love my Soco and Root Beer mixed, i drink once every weekend... i have noticed no ill effects from when i quit drinking a while back and lifted. Okay in moderation, but i have no plans of going back to Mr. One-Bottle-a-Night-Marine anytime soon... bad bad mojo.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
i wanna be both and have the best of both worlds!
i also am gonna get huge by taking 100MG of m1t and add weight through my beer calories!
Fantastic plan. So when you say huge you mean fat right?

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
i cut out drinking for about 6 or 7 months, i built up my 5rm bench press to 280 pounds. and i included it in my chest routine. i recently went to my girlfriends family party, and got completely tanked. i took the next day to recover, and the day after was my chest day. my 5rm was reduced by 30 pounds:aargh:.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
if you don't drink beer, then you're not a man...discussion over!

SNRGNutrition

SNRGNutrition

Awards
My .02, taste the beer, don't just drink it. Most beer drinkers that binge 1-2x per week usually are the ones with no abs. I'll tell you this much, as soon as I cut out all alcohol, I drop weight quick and I am more responsive at the gym. But I will tell you this, I do enjoy my beers every now and then, and I gotta be honest, I too indulge every once in a while! (blackouts):cheers:

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
i cut out drinking for about 6 or 7 months, i built up my 5rm bench press to 280 pounds. and i included it in my chest routine. i recently went to my girlfriends family party, and got completely tanked. i took the next day to recover, and the day after was my chest day. my 5rm was reduced by 30 pounds:aargh:.
I read some where that your strength is reduced significantly up to two days after a binge. I know when I workout the day after I drank,I'm just not there.

if you don't drink beer, then you're not a man...discussion over!
That's retarded. If you don't have balls,then you aren't a man. If you don't drink beer then you just...don't drink beer.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Im only 19 and im a recovering alcoholic haven't dranken alcohol in a year and a half :D

It's great not being sh it faced all the time

Congrat's on being sober !

Supplements, like alcohol can become addictive, its all moderation. I'd like to find the bastard that coined the phrase "social drinker" and smack him in the head.

I enjoy beer and a good lifestyle. I'm just into supp's for the fitness part, I don't make a living building my body professionally. Ever wonder why all the fans at a game get to drink but the guys playing don't ? cause they do so afterwards. The dart team I'm on sure can pound them down, these guys are pro's.

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
its good to see soo many diff opinions on this sub. i drink maybe once a week only get drunk maybe once or twice a month. i know its going to slow me down in reaching my goals but theirs a line i draw at some point to where having fun is more important. i agree alcohol isnt needed for a fun time but it makes me loose and lets me enjoy life more.

DavesNotHere

DavesNotHere

Awards
I have 2 hobbies: bodybuilding and home-brewing

...guess I'm f*cked...:nutkick:

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
theres a study that says drinking 1 to 2 beers after your workout hydrates you better than water does. not sure if it's 100% true, but it's interesting

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
theres a study that says drinking 1 to 2 beers after your workout hydrates you better than water does. not sure if it's 100% true, but it's interesting
I don't see how that would be possible, seeing as the carbonation would certainly dehydrate you. i mean that's what a hangover is... Dehydration, caused by alcohol. Now a glass of red wine a day, is good for your heart. But a b33r after a workout, can only be worse, blood pumping faster, and metabolism on the rise...

I'd love to see the report tho, interesting read.

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
no worries man, no bashing taken. ya im pretty skeptical of this as well but what they describe seems somewhat plausible, still i will never do it

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Beer increases estrogen I think, I basicly cut beer out.