Beers on low test cycle

Mikey boy

Awards
Hey guys. 53 yo male here a three weeks into a ten week lean bulk test cycle running Test C - 100mg e/w, Test E -100 mg e/w and Deca - 200 mg e/w
Diet all good, drinking plenty water and taking vitamin/ fish oil supps daily.
I have never touched alcohol while on cycle but it's my brother's birthday in a couple of weeks and he wants us to go out celebrating.
Now I dont mean hitting a bar and slamming shots like there's no tommorow. It would probably be like a few beers spread out throughout the day and a large meal. Maybe three beers before the meal, then another three afterwards. I dont usually drink alcohol during a meal so it will be a large jug of water for me. I have no concerns about it turning into an all night bender as I'm a guy who knows when to call it a night, then it will be straight back to business the next day.
Anyway I'm a bit concerned about how it might affect my liver, bp etc as I said, I've never drank on cycle before and would like to hear some opinions about this ?
I'd really like to go out and have a few with my bro as the birthday is a big one or should I just completely avoid ? Thanks

Mikey boy

Awards
No amount of drinking is good but a few beers on a Friday night isn't going to do anything significant and your basically on a hrt protocol, there's nothing really to worry about
Yes I know the smart thing would be to avoid any alcohol while on any kind of steroids but I thought since I'm on such a low dose then hopefully it wouldn't be a big problem. Like I said, it would only be a one off then straight back to business the next day. Thanks for your input bud

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yes I know the smart thing would be to avoid any alcohol while on any kind of steroids but I thought since I'm on such a low dose then hopefully it wouldn't be a big problem. Like I said, it would only be a one off then straight back to business the next day. Thanks for your input bud
Your not on anything toxic. 100mg test or 1000mg of test it dosent really make a difference. Your fine dude, go enjoy yourself.

Mikey boy

Awards
I've been drinking every Friday/Saturday as long as I can remember and pretty clean living the rest of the week. Even on 300mg test c/week, my bloods were fine. Obviously, that's not an endorsement for booze, but like Smont said, you're most likely good. Oral test on the other hand...
Yeah done a couple of oral cycles and never even thought about adding any alcohol as I know orals are harsh on the liver as it is. Thanks for the input bud

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I wish we could have a more open discussion around healthy moderate drinking on cycle and off cycle. I feel like the consensus is drinking = bad. I can tell you that when I gave up alcohol completely my LDL went up. When I drink in moderation, it comes down. Coincidence? Maybe. I know we shouldn't drink on any toxic compounds - I get that. But maybe we can actually have a discussion about how moderate drinking maybe doesn't have such a negative impact.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I wish we could have a more open discussion around healthy moderate drinking on cycle and off cycle. I feel like the consensus is drinking = bad. I can tell you that when I gave up alcohol completely my LDL went up. When I drink in moderation, it comes down. Coincidence? Maybe. I know we shouldn't drink on any toxic compounds - I get that. But maybe we can actually have a discussion about how moderate drinking maybe doesn't have such a negative impact.
If you want to get on the subject of health, there is no healthy amount of alcohol. Ethanol is poison to the human body. I'm absolutely not saying someone can't drink and be healthy. But your statement of healthy moderate drinking does not exist. That dosent mean you can't have a few.

Liver toxicity on most orals is exaggerated, the risks moderate drinking once a week probably won't hurt anyone but we stay on the side of caution because if 1 retard sees that 3-5 beers or whatever a week on cycle won't hurt them its only a matter of time before 3 turns to 10 and once a week turns to more.

Most ppl are smart enough to know that the poison is in the dose but there's also a infinite amount of tards with no common sense that want to shift those feild goal posts to justify doing what they want.

At the end of the day we're all adults. If you or anyone wants to drink on cycle be it 1 or 50 drinks, it's your/there business.

But you really can't make a argument for poison being healthy. Years ago some jack ass tried to convince everyone that 1-2 glasses of wine is healthy, well you could get the same health benifit from 3 or 4 grapes as you do from 1-2 glasses of wine because that's how little health benifits the alcohol has. The miniscule amount of antioxidants and reversatrol Is irrelevant.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you want to get on the subject of health, there is no healthy amount of alcohol. Ethanol is poison to the human body. I'm absolutely not saying someone can't drink and be healthy. But your statement of healthy moderate drinking does not exist. That dosent mean you can't have a few.

Liver toxicity on most orals is exaggerated, the risks moderate drinking once a week probably won't hurt anyone but we stay on the side of caution because if 1 retard sees that 3-5 beers or whatever a week on cycle won't hurt them its only a matter of time before 3 turns to 10 and once a week turns to more.

Most ppl are smart enough to know that the poison is in the dose but there's also a infinite amount of tards with no common sense that want to shift those feild goal posts to justify doing what they want.

At the end of the day we're all adults. If you or anyone wants to drink on cycle be it 1 or 50 drinks, it's your/there business.

But you really can't make a argument for poison being healthy. Years ago some jack ass tried to convince everyone that 1-2 glasses of wine is healthy, well you could get the same health benifit from 3 or 4 grapes as you do from 1-2 glasses of wine because that's how little health benifits the alcohol has. The miniscule amount of antioxidants and reversatrol Is irrelevant.
That's where the discussion comes in. Is there a healthy moderation of drinking? Some studies have shown there is not... and others have shown there is. So to say with certainty that there isn't.... I'm not 100% sure I agree with that. Especially since there isn't a consensus on it yet.

On the one hand, there are studies showing that moderate drinking reduces heart disease, type 2 diabetes, etc. On the other hand, there are studies that show any drinking whatsoever is bad. I recall seeing a study that contributed moderate drinking to being healthier because moderate drinkers tend to actually be more active, have a better diet, etc than those who abstain... could be a reason why some studies show there is a health benefit, which isn't the alcohol that is healthy but the people who drink alcohol are just healthier.

But I'm surprised with a variety of studies showing moderate alcohol consumption balances blood sugar, reduces heart disease, even increases testosterone.. that you're so quick to come to the conclusion that there isn't a healthy moderate amount of alcohol consumption. Not saying that there aren't studies that also show the opposite, however the medical community doesn't seem to have a consensus on it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That's where the discussion comes in. Is there a healthy moderation of drinking? Some studies have shown there is not... and others have shown there is. So to say with certainty that there isn't.... I'm not 100% sure I agree with that. Especially since there isn't a consensus on it yet.

On the one hand, there are studies showing that moderate drinking reduces heart disease, type 2 diabetes, etc. On the other hand, there are studies that show any drinking whatsoever is bad. I recall seeing a study that contributed moderate drinking to being healthier because moderate drinkers tend to actually be more active, have a better diet, etc than those who abstain... could be a reason why some studies show there is a health benefit, which isn't the alcohol that is healthy but the people who drink alcohol are just healthier.

But I'm surprised with a variety of studies showing moderate alcohol consumption balances blood sugar, reduces heart disease, even increases testosterone.. that you're so quick to come to the conclusion that there isn't a healthy moderate amount of alcohol consumption. Not saying that there aren't studies that also show the opposite, however the medical community doesn't seem to have a consensus on it.
You missed all my points

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
IL give you a example, smoking cigarettes and cigars actually has health benifits, but that Absolutely does not make smoking healthy. It's the same with alcohol. Just because it has health benefits does not mean it's healthy. And all of the benefits you can get alcohol or tobacco can be gotten elsewhere.

So if you want to smoke or drink for certain health benifits it's on you, it's your choice and there's nothing wrong with that, but it dosent mean alcohol is healthy

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
IL give you a example, smoking cigarettes and cigars actually has health benifits, but that Absolutely does not make smoking healthy. It's the same with alcohol. Just because it has health benefits does not mean it's healthy. And all of the benefits you can get alcohol or tobacco can be gotten elsewhere.

So if you want to smoke or drink for certain health benifits it's on you, it's your choice and there's nothing wrong with that, but it dosent mean alcohol is healthy
The argument you're making is that it's poisonous so it cannot be healthy. We already know that argument isn't true as plenty of medicines including aspirin are from poison, as well as poisons we consume daily. There are poisons throughout nature we consume daily whether from coffee, chocolate, etc that are dangerous and toxic in high amounts, just like alcohol but healthy in small amounts.

Sure.. a lot of these poisons may actually have health benefits and health negatives. The question is could one dial in the dose to reap more of the health benefits and minimize the health drawbacks to a point where it's actually healthier? I'm not saying I have the answer.... even scientists who have studied this for decades don't have the answers. I think to discredit the idea completely is quite bold.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The argument you're making is that it's poisonous so it cannot be healthy. We already know that argument isn't true as plenty of medicines including aspirin are from poison, as well as poisons we consume daily. There are poisons throughout nature we consume daily whether from coffee, chocolate, etc that are dangerous and toxic in high amounts, just like alcohol but healthy in small amounts.

Sure.. a lot of these poisons may actually have health benefits and health negatives. The question is could one dial in the dose to reap more of the health benefits and minimize the health drawbacks to a point where it's actually healthier? I'm not saying I have the answer.... even scientists who have studied this for decades don't have the answers. I think to discredit the idea completely is quite bold.
You missed the point again. I don't really have anything else for this conversation so I'm not going to carry on, I gain nothing from the debate weather I'm right or wrong. Maybe start a thread for the topic so we're not bombing this guys thread

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You missed the point again. I don't really have anything else for this conversation so I'm not going to carry on, I gain nothing from the debate weather I'm right or wrong. Maybe start a thread for the topic so we're not bombing this guys thread
Well I apologize if I don't see your point. I was trying to figure it out. Obviously I am aware that smoking and drinking have serious risks, however healthy moderate drinking is supposed to be at the point where the health benefits clearly outweigh the risks... that was what I was trying to get at.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well I apologize if I don't see your point. I was trying to figure it out. Obviously I am aware that smoking and drinking have serious risks, however healthy moderate drinking is supposed to be at the point where the health benefits clearly outweigh the risks... that was what I was trying to get at.
It's all good

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Maybe I shouldn't add fuel to the fire, that you guys seem to just be putting out, lol. But with the little knowledge I have on the subject, I can't really see a health enhancing dose/frequency of alcohol intake. But I can certainly see a not unhealthy dose/frequency of alcohol intake, in practice.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Maybe I shouldn't add fuel to the fire, that you guys seem to just be putting out, lol. But with the little knowledge I have on the subject, I can't really see a health enhancing dose/frequency of alcohol intake. But I can certainly see a not unhealthy dose/frequency of alcohol intake, in practice.
It's all good. It's a discussion not a heated argument. The reason I bring it up is because I've been a moderate drinker most of my adult life (approximately 1 drink EOD) and I abstained from drinking for a year. When I got my blood work done I noticed my LDL and A1C were actually higher... which I thought was odd as I hadn't made any other lifestyle changes. Now keep in mind, the numbers weren't horrendous but they were worse.

Does it mean my alcohol consumption kept those numbers more in check? No. Correlation does not equal causation. However, it did get me thinking about whether or not my moderate consumption was actually keeping those numbers in check. I went back to moderate drinking and the numbers came back down again but not as low as they were originally.

Once again... not saying alcohol consumption was the reason but there have been studies that have backed that up.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's all good. It's a discussion not a heated argument. The reason I bring it up is because I've been a moderate drinker most of my adult life (approximately 1 drink EOD) and I abstained from drinking for a year. When I got my blood work done I noticed my LDL and A1C were actually higher... which I thought was odd as I hadn't made any other lifestyle changes. Now keep in mind, the numbers weren't horrendous but they were worse.

Does it mean my alcohol consumption kept those numbers more in check? No. Correlation does not equal causation. However, it did get me thinking about whether or not my moderate consumption was actually keeping those numbers in check. I went back to moderate drinking and the numbers came back down again but not as low as they were originally.

Once again... not saying alcohol consumption was the reason but there have been studies that have backed that up.
Let me ask one simple question and it's the last thing I'm gonna say on the topic, also I want to 2nd what you said, we're not arguing were just talking.

But my question is. Do you think there's any situation where someone is going to become healthier by adding alcohol to there diet. I have to firmly say no. There's a million completely healthy ways to get the small health benifits of alcohol without the negatives.

So just a simple yes or no, do you think adding alcohol to someone's diet will make them more healthy?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
By the way, my great aunt drank a handle of V.O. per week and smoked 1/2 pack of menthol cigarettes per day and lived to be 93 or 94 and healthy.

I use to drink over 20 drinks a day for a few years straight and had no visible damage done o)utside of slightly elevated liver enzymes. Then again, even SD @30mg Barely elevates my liver

There's always exceptions to the rule (lots of my family) but the human body is very resilient regardless. If someone wants to have a couple drinks a week I say go for it. I'm not against alcohol or anything really

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Let me ask one simple question and it's the last thing I'm gonna say on the topic, also I want to 2nd what you said, we're not arguing were just talking.

But my question is. Do you think there's any situation where someone is going to become healthier by adding alcohol to there diet. I have to firmly say no. There's a million completely healthy ways to get the small health benifits of alcohol without the negatives.

So just a simple yes or no, do you think adding alcohol to someone's diet will make them more healthy?
I would never tell someone to add alcohol for a health benefit - never. If that's what it sounded like I was saying then I want to correct the record - I do not think anyone should add alcohol for the health benefits. Adding alcohol to a diet is inherently high risk and an amazingly stupid idea.

My point was targeted towards people like myself who have been moderate drinkers for years. Am I going to be healthier if I stop drinking altogether? Sure, some would say yes. But if I'm being honest, I'm not 100% sure I believe that. I could be wrong though. I have an open mind.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would never tell someone to add alcohol for a health benefit - never. If that's what it sounded like I was saying then I want to correct the record - I do not think anyone should add alcohol for the health benefits. Adding alcohol to a diet is inherently high risk and an amazingly stupid idea.

My point was targeted towards people like myself who have been moderate drinkers for years. Am I going to be healthier if I stop drinking altogether? Sure, some would say yes. But if I'm being honest, I'm not 100% sure I believe that. I could be wrong though. I have an open mind.
Since you're a moderate drinker, my guess would be, that if you quit drinking altogether, nothing would happen to your health to any meaningful degree. Not better or worse. But that's just my guess.

Last edited:

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Since your a moderate drinker, my guess would be, that if you quit drinking altogether, nothing would happen to your health to any meaningful degree. Not better or worse. But that's just my guess.
Well I did abstain for a year and my LDL and A1C numbers got worse (they weren't bad to begin with... but they definitely jumped a bit). And I had made no other lifestyle changes. That is what got me originally thinking about this. I then went back to moderate drinking and the numbers came back down, albeit not as low as they were originally but clearly an improvement.

And like I said, I am not contributing it to the alcohol... but I'm not saying with 100% certainty that couldn't have played a role either. But it definitely could have just been a coincidence. Or maybe years of having 1 drink EOD really did help. I'm not taking a hardline stance on this issue.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well I did abstain for a year and my LDL and A1C numbers got worse (they weren't bad to begin with... but they definitely jumped a bit). And I had made no other lifestyle changes. That is what got me originally thinking about this. I then went back to moderate drinking and the numbers came back down, albeit not as low as they were originally but clearly an improvement.

And like I said, I am not contributing it to the alcohol... but I'm not saying with 100% certainty that couldn't have played a role either. But it definitely could have just been a coincidence. Or maybe years of having 1 drink EOD really did help. I'm not taking a hardline stance on this issue.
That is interesting, for sure. I'm not taking a hardline stance in this either, hence the guess. And I would still guess what I said. I'd be more inclined to accept that whatever was included in the alcohol beverages you're enjoying to create the possible health benefits and not the alcohol itself. Unless you're drinking straight vodka.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
By the way, my great aunt drank a handle of V.O. per week and smoked 1/2 pack of menthol cigarettes per day and lived to be 93 or 94 and healthy.

I use to drink over 20 drinks a day for a few years straight and had no visible damage done o)utside of slightly elevated liver enzymes. Then again, even SD @30mg Barely elevates my liver

There's always exceptions to the rule (lots of my family) but the human body is very resilient regardless. If someone wants to have a couple drinks a week I say go for it. I'm not against alcohol or anything really
Yeah I see what you're saying but there is a $hit ton of research that shows why someone who has 20 drinks per day should quit. There is far less to show why someone who has 1 ED or EOD should. And there is still some studies that show why an occasional drinker should stop... and then there are others that show why they shouldn't.

But once again, I think it's important to note that I am not saying anyone should add alcohol to their diet. Like I said, that is just dumb. My post was to address the people like myself who were moderate drinkers for years.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That is interesting, for sure. I'm not taking a hardline stance in this either, hence the guess. And I would still guess what I said. I'd be more inclined to accept that whatever was included in the alcohol beverages you're enjoying to create the possible health benefits and not the alcohol itself. Unless you're drinking straight vodka.
It's a mix. For the most part I just drink scotch on the rocks. But occasionally I might change it up and have a beer.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Seems like there is a demand for drinking on cycle supps. Alcadrol- 20mgs of methasterone with milk thistle.
Take with 1 gallon of water 2xs per day

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just the opposite for me. I was trying to cut down calories, so I was drinking black tooth grins (Crown Royal shot with a tiny splash of cola on top). I realized I was putting down almost a 1/2 gallon per weekend (I only drink on weekends) and I'd have the shakes all day Monday. Back to beer for me lol! A case of beer on the weekend is a hell of a lot easier on the body!
A case of beer on the weekend?? That's way too much for me. I'm not going to pretend like I've never overindulged on a vacation or something but a case of beer every weekend would be way too much for me.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hey guys. 53 yo male here a three weeks into a ten week lean bulk test cycle running Test C - 100mg e/w, Test E -100 mg e/w and Deca - 200 mg e/w
Diet all good, drinking plenty water and taking vitamin/ fish oil supps daily.
I have never touched alcohol while on cycle but it's my brother's birthday in a couple of weeks and he wants us to go out celebrating.
Now I dont mean hitting a bar and slamming shots like there's no tommorow. It would probably be like a few beers spread out throughout the day and a large meal. Maybe three beers before the meal, then another three afterwards. I dont usually drink alcohol during a meal so it will be a large jug of water for me. I have no concerns about it turning into an all night bender as I'm a guy who knows when to call it a night, then it will be straight back to business the next day.
Anyway I'm a bit concerned about how it might affect my liver, bp etc as I said, I've never drank on cycle before and would like to hear some opinions about this ?
I'd really like to go out and have a few with my bro as the birthday is a big one or should I just completely avoid ? Thanks
You’ll be more than fine in this situation unless you have a dormant underlying health issue. That’s what happened to my old man, but we all realized that it was better to find out that way to proactively manage the situation rather than let it grow unnoticed in the background.

Mikey boy

Awards
You’ll be more than fine in this situation unless you have a dormant underlying health issue. That’s what happened to my old man, but we all realized that it was better to find out that way to proactively manage the situation rather than let it grow unnoticed in the background.
Thanks for your input buddy and really sorry about your old man.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As mentioned, dose is the poison. No orals or other drugs stressing the liver, a low dose cycle of test & nandrolone won’t make any meaningful difference and the alcohol won’t be any riskier than the amount you decide to consume, regardless of that cycle.

Alcohol is of course suboptimal for recovery, but lowered stress levels can improve recovery.

As someone who does not drink at all, I would firmly encourage you to have those drinks and celebrate that experience with your brother - life is measured by the life in your years, not the years in your life. Plus, social engagement/community/peer relationships are all linked to greater longevity.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As mentioned, dose is the poison. No orals or other drugs stressing the liver, a low dose cycle of test & nandrolone won’t make any meaningful difference and the alcohol won’t be any riskier than the amount you decide to consume, regardless of that cycle.

Alcohol is of course suboptimal for recovery, but lowered stress levels can improve recovery.

As someone who does not drink at all, I would firmly encourage you to have those drinks and celebrate that experience with your brother - life is measured by the life in your years, not the years in your life. Plus, social engagement/community/peer relationships are all linked to greater longevity.

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah just a weekend you should be fine. But with Deca in the mix you could run into some problems if you make it into a habit, not saying that you are. But just for transparency. Deca has been known to cause LVH and alcohol increases the heart rate and blood pressure so you could be doing damage that you wouldn't even know about until years down the road. But I've had this argument here before about Deca and the risk of LVH. As other AAS have been known to cause LVH from hypertension. I personally wouldn't touch the stuff. I would much rather deal with the side effects of Tren then increasing the risk of LVH.

Again cycle support and cardio could potentially limit someone from getting LVH and nowadays you have GW and SR. Definitely the two things I would be running with any significant amount of nandrolone in my system. Definitely would not be drinking but that's just me. If you were on just say test 500 then moderate drinking would be fine

Last edited: