At What point Does Estrogen get high enough to start encouraging Gyno production?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
When does one's E2 get high enough to start producing Gyno. In other words how much estradiol measured in pg/mL does on typically need to have for them to start risking gyno production.

I was getting concerned when mine got to 60 pg/mL with total T levels of 1200 ng/dl, but to my surprise, I felt great, had better erections/libido and no gyro.. at what point do you start getting concerned? I know everyone is different, but is there a general threshold?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Normally it's the ratio of estrogens to androgens that matter. Like you, with high androgens high estrogens are less of a concern.

redtrek

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Like you said it's complicated, but I've seen 75 thrown around as a threshold for the danger zone

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Think if you are just prone to it then that's your number..see it as high as in the 90s for some guys and have no issues

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know if there is a concrete answer for that, but it's a very good question. I'll spend some time Googling around for it.

I honestly just think it depends on your personal biology, some will be fine at one amount, otherwise will start developing gyno at low amounts. Some people are more susceptible than others.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
According to this study I found, estrogens or progesterones are not the only ingredient that causes gyno. It has to be in the presence of IGF-1 and GH too.

Although estrogens and progestogens are vital to mammary growth, they are ineffective in the absence of anterior pituitary hormones (5). Thus, neither estrogen alone nor estrogen plus progesterone can sustain breast development without other mediators, such as GH and IGF-1.
This study is very interesting and go into all the facets of what causes gyno and everything.

There's lots of other studies, but I'm not seeing specific numbers anywhere. Feel free to give it a gander yourself.

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Like you said it's complicated, but I've seen 75 thrown around as a threshold for the danger zone
75 is fine if your Testosterone is 3,700. People don't usually get gyno when their T is through the roof, it's when they suddenly reduce their T while having elevated E.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That number, and all numbers are irrelevant, as said before there's a rato, and then on top of that you have ones sensitivity to estrogen and finally there's a combination of other hormones that play a role in it as well. One person could get gyno at 75, another could have there estrogen in the 300"s with no issues

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And I know everyone hates all of starscreams studies, but he's right on the gh and igf 1 thing, they both directly play a role in weather or not you will get gyno from elevated estrogen

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this was a good topic as it is one a i am curios to as well. I developed gyno 5 years ago or maybe it was from when i was a teenager and had it pretty bad. Either way it has came back after trying a transdermal for 2 weeks. I have been using ralox for about 3 weeks now and its still noticible. I read advice on here but how it starts and gets carried away i am confused on

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The "it's genetic" trope is the most accurate answer. Numbers are irrelevant. I know guys on cycle with estrogen above 250, and they don't get gyno whereas some teenagers with a total Estrogen of 30 will get gyno. One of the problems that also makes numbers irrelevant is that they are measuring blood serum levels of Estrogen. Estrogen doesn't circulate like that. It's created from testosterone via aromatase in specific tissues in the body. If you have a ****-load of receptors in your tits you will develop gyno. Body fat is also a factor as aromatase occurs in fat cells , BUT I've seen skinny guys with gyno. It's all magic. The only way to really get rid of it is surgery. Although some people with mild gyno can control it and even shrink it with raloxifine, those receptors are still there and will happily grow tits one day when provided the building blocks they require.

this was a good topic as it is one a i am curios to as well. I developed gyno 5 years ago or maybe it was from when i was a teenager and had it pretty bad. Either way it has came back after trying a transdermal for 2 weeks. I have been using ralox for about 3 weeks now and its still noticible. I read advice on here but how it starts and gets carried away i am confused on

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The "it's genetic" trope is the most accurate answer. Numbers are irrelevant. I know guys on cycle with estrogen above 250, and they don't get gyno whereas some teenagers with a total Estrogen of 30 will get gyno. One of the problems that also makes numbers irrelevant is that they are measuring blood serum levels of Estrogen. Estrogen doesn't circulate like that. It's created from testosterone via aromatase in specific tissues in the body. If you have a ****-load of receptors in your tits you will develop gyno. Body fat is also a factor as aromatase occurs in fat cells , BUT I've seen skinny guys with gyno. It's all magic. The only way to really get rid of it is surgery. Although some people with mild gyno can control it and even shrink it with raloxifine, those receptors are still there and will happily grow tits one day when provided the building blocks they require.
This is my thoughts exactly. Genetic response to estrogen or in my case prolactin. I got prolactin gyno a while back. A course of raloxefine made it completely dissapear. A few months later it started coming back, another course of rolax made it dissapear. Now it's coming back for a third time lol. It's never really noticable except for puffy nips that come and go but a good size lump in both pecs grows back within 3-6 months without the ralox.

At the same time I feel good with high estrogen and high estrogen never gave me gyno or gyno symptoms until I screwed up with the 19 nors

Alex96

Awards
This is my thoughts exactly. Genetic response to estrogen or in my case prolactin. I got prolactin gyno a while back. A course of raloxefine made it completely dissapear. A few months later it started coming back, another course of rolax made it dissapear. Now it's coming back for a third time lol. It's never really noticable except for puffy nips that come and go but a good size lump in both pecs grows back within 3-6 months without the ralox.

At the same time I feel good with high estrogen and high estrogen never gave me gyno or gyno symptoms until I screwed up with the 19 nors
If gyno is induced by prolactin, wouldn’t a dopamin agonist like cabergoline be the best option?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If gyno is induced by prolactin, wouldn’t a dopamin agonist like cabergoline be the best option?
Caber and prami don't do anything for me in terms of gyno reduction and the small amount of gyno I have is proactin-induced gyno. Raloxefine is the only thing that works for me. In theory you're definitely correct, and maybe for other people it does the trick but not for me and not for a lot of people I know.