Ashwaganda, do you use it? whats the benefits etc

Zariph

Awards
hello

Any1 who uses some type of Ashwaganda?
why do you use it?
what does it do?
Any ashwaganda supplement you prefer?

Im a bit confused whether this is a natty product or not...

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Yes. Ashwagandha is always in my staple supplements. It works well for reducing stress and decreasing anxiety, and it can also help improve sleep quality. The highest quality you'll find out there is KSM-66, which is a high quality Ashwagandha extract. I use Ashwagandha year round, and some of the products I use have Ashwagandha already in them, so when I am using those products I won't take any additional. Ashwagandha can be found in Alphamax XT, which is a product that helps increase natural testosterone levels and limit cortisol/estrogen production. Ashwagandha is a great supplement to take regardless of your physique/strength goals, but it carries some great benefits in helping control stress and cortisol

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
After a year+ I've dropped ashwagandha from my routine. I'm not sure I can tell a difference on or off it, and it def isn't something I feel. Ive cycled off before, but I'll make the final decision after some more time off.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was looking into this after reading this thread and the OL ashwaganda supplement says 5g per serving. Most other supplements recommend around 1g daily. Anyone have anything to say on this mega dosing? lol and do you know if this is KSM 66?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I was looking into this after reading this thread and the OL ashwaganda supplement says 5g per serving. Most other supplements recommend around 1g daily. Anyone have anything to say on this mega dosing? lol and do you know if this is KSM 66?
There's doesn't list a standardisation, and so the larger dose makes up for it. I wouldn't say KSM is better quality than generic or Sensoril; rather just different.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's doesn't list a standardisation, and so the larger dose makes up for it. I wouldn't say KSM is better quality than generic or Sensoril; rather just different.
^^^ KSM and sensoril are different for what they are extracted for, but KSM 66 has more studies on it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes. Ashwagandha is always in my staple supplements. It works well for reducing stress and decreasing anxiety, and it can also help improve sleep quality. The highest quality you'll find out there is KSM-66, which is a high quality Ashwagandha extract. I use Ashwagandha year round, and some of the products I use have Ashwagandha already in them, so when I am using those products I won't take any additional. Ashwagandha can be found in Alphamax XT, which is a product that helps increase natural testosterone levels and limit cortisol/estrogen production. Ashwagandha is a great supplement to take regardless of your physique/strength goals, but it carries some great benefits in helping control stress and cortisol
This. I'll typically use it year round as well. There are a ton of benefits from it.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
After a year+ I've dropped ashwagandha from my routine. I'm not sure I can tell a difference on or off it, and it def isn't something I feel. Ive cycled off before, but I'll make the final decision after some more time off.
Same here.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Same here.
I've recently switched to using Cordyceps Militaris as my main adaptogen. I think the benefits are better, but still need more time experimenting before my final evaluation.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've recently switched to using Cordyceps Militaris as my main adaptogen. I think the benefits are better, but still need more time experimenting before my final evaluation.
It doesn't need to be either or, both work differently.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It doesn't need to be either or, both work differently.
Of course. It just happened that I dropped one and added the other around the same time. I'm sure they stack nicely, but again, my opinion of Ashwagandha is up in the air. Both are adaptogens.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Of course. It just happened that I dropped one and added the other around the same time. I'm sure they stack nicely, but again, my opinion of Ashwagandha is up in the air. Both are adaptogens.
I'm a big fan of adaptogens and wish companies were more interested in them. There are some super cool ones that don't get much love

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm a big fan of adaptogens and wish companies were more interested in them. There are some super cool ones that don't get much love
Agreed. I was speaking with Zach(from the former EBF) about the possibility of one day releasing an all adaptogen test booster, not that long ago.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As synapsin said, it doesn't have to be either or, and they both have different uses. Of course, not everyone will like every adaptogen, or want to spend money on them, but I don't really consider them all that similar just because they're adaptogens really. I really like cordyceps militaris for endurance, but I also really like ashwagandha for stress/anxiety reduction (although it also can have endurance/performance/body composition benefits). Bacopa is another adaptogen I like, but I wouldn't really compare it to cordyceps at all, haha. Tongkat ali can also be considered an adaptogen (I like it for increasing libido), but it's also different than cordyceps and bacopa. Adaptogens are a pretty broad/diverse classification, and there are a lot of potential uses from different adaptogens. I tend to keep some KSM-66 caps on hand for regular use, and don't take any extra ashwagandha when I'm taking AlphaMax XT, which contains ashwagandha and tongkat ali, and I also get cordyceps militaris from Xtend Perform and the bulk powder (2g from each). Of course, you don't need to take a dozen different adaptogens at a time, but I find that some of them stack quite well together.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed. I was speaking with Zach(from the former EBF) about the possibility of one day releasing an all adaptogen test booster, not that long ago.
I wouldn't necessarily go test booster, but more of an exercise performance oriented adaptogen

As synapsin said, it doesn't have to be either or, and they both have different uses. Of course, not everyone will like every adaptogen, or want to spend money on them, but I don't really consider them all that similar just because they're adaptogens really. I really like cordyceps militaris for endurance, but I also really like ashwagandha for stress/anxiety reduction (although it also can have endurance/performance/body composition benefits). Bacopa is another adaptogen I like, but I wouldn't really compare it to cordyceps at all, haha. Tongkat ali can also be considered an adaptogen (I like it for increasing libido), but it's also different than cordyceps and bacopa. Adaptogens are a pretty broad/diverse classification, and there are a lot of potential uses from different adaptogens. I tend to keep some KSM-66 caps on hand for regular use, and don't take any extra ashwagandha when I'm taking AlphaMax XT, which contains ashwagandha and tongkat ali, and I also get cordyceps militaris from Xtend Perform and the bulk powder (2g from each). Of course, you don't need to take a dozen different adaptogens at a time, but I find that some of them stack quite well together.
Bacopa is a personal fav of mine too

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was just something we talked about in passing. We tend to discuss formulations and what not every now and then.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ashwagandha was always on my I'll try it eventually list. Then when Alphamax XT came out, I was able to try it that way. I wish I didn't wait so long. I'm a naturally anxious person, and Ashwagandha definitely took the edge off. I wasn't as stressed at work, and I didn't argue with my wife. OG Alphamax would boost my libido and her and I would argue if I wasn't getting my way lol. Alphamax XT raises my libido even higher, however I stay chill and don't get all frustrated. I would have to assume the ashwagandha is the main reason.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed. I think they're more beneficial/cheaper than most of these novel supplements people come out with these days. Ashwagandha, Bacopa, Rhodiola, Schisandra are a few that come to mind.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Yep! KSM-66 and Sensoril. I use Sensoril as it's included in Nimbus Nutrition's Abyss Unparalleled (amazing sleep aid, right up there with Growth Factor XT)

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Agreed. I think they're more beneficial/cheaper than most of these novel supplements people come out with these days. Ashwagandha, Bacopa, Rhodiola, Schisandra are a few that come to mind.
Shilajit and Holy Basil are on my list to try next.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I guess I need to give this a real try. I tried it on tren but I don't think that gives a very good indicator of how well it works.

Zariph

Awards
lol thos went into be a nootropic thread ...thx for the anwers tho

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol thos went into be a nootropic thread ...thx for the anwers tho
Lots of adaptogens have at least somewhat nootropic effects. Sometimes if it's not a nootropic per se, it can still improve cognition (nootropic) under certain circumstances, such as during fatigue or stress. The point I was making is that adaptogens are a diverse class of supplements, and some are better than others for certain uses, which makes picking a "best," or even a "better" nootropic a bit of a challenge at times, and depends on what you're looking for from a supplement.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah exactly, and we're barely even scratching the surface here!

What do you like about Bacopa?
I like it for it's anxiolytic effects; its quite good for anxiety, and I find it helps me retain more information. I haven't used it in a while but I used to use it all the time when I was studying years ago.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just pulled the trigger on some Jarrows Ashwaghanda. 300mg twice a day is good? I got some for me and my girlfriend.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah exactly, and we're barely even scratching the surface here!

I like it for it's anxiolytic effects; its quite good for anxiety, and I find it helps me retain more information. I haven't used it in a while but I used to use it all the time when I was studying years ago.
What Bacopa did you use and how much?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just pulled the trigger on some Jarrows Ashwaghanda. 300mg twice a day is good? I got some for me and my girlfriend.
Yeah. Sometimes I just take 600mg once before bed if I forget to take it earlier in the day. Either way works though.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah. Sometimes I just take 600mg once before bed if I forget to take it earlier in the day. Either way works though.
Are the anxiolytic effects more pronounced after continued use, or is there much of an acute effect?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are the anxiolytic effects more pronounced after continued use, or is there much of an acute effect?
Anecdotally, I find that it seems to have a slight acute calming effect, but I think it really shines with continued/daily use, at which point I don't think it matters much what time(s) of the day you take it. As Synapsin said, I also like bacopa for helping with anxiety a bit, and find that acute doses of 300mg seem to make me a bit more social and talkative. I prefer 1x daily dosing for bacopa as opposed to 2 split doses.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Anecdotally, I find that it seems to have a slight acute calming effect, but I think it really shines with continued/daily use, at which point I don't think it matters much what time(s) of the day you take it. As Synapsin said, I also like bacopa for helping with anxiety a bit, and find that acute doses of 300mg seem to make me a bit more social and talkative. I prefer 1x daily dosing for bacopa as opposed to 2 split doses.
I tried some Bacopa a while back and didn't really see much from it. I may pick some more up to try out again.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried some Bacopa a while back and didn't really see much from it. I may pick some more up to try out again.
What dose and extract did you use? Some extracts are definitely better than others.

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm using Bacopa & Ashwaganda from Himalaya Herbal Healthcare at 2 caps/ed split into 2 doses, am (before work) and afternoon (after work).

It's only been a month but definitely can tell the calming effect of the combo and with my morning coffee is more of an uplifting good mood sense.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
No matter the trademark, ashwagandha seems to give me a stress relief/calming effect. I also like bacognize bacopa (45% I think). Bacopa greatly helps me with multitasking.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a bottle of Bacognize here that I never used. Knowing that bacopa has to build up in the system, I might use it till my bottle of Clear Edge arrives.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
IMG_1866.JPG
They carried a few extracts, I think a 20%, 50%, and Bacognize. Do you remember which you used?
Here is my order, I can't remember doses or if I even had enough or doses it regularly enough to get the benefits.

I forgot I tried Ashwaghanda that time, too.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 140828

Here is my order, I can't remember doses or if I even had enough or doses it regularly enough to get the benefits.

I forgot I tried Ashwaghanda that time, too.
Being the 20% extract, you'd need a pretty hefty dose. I'd go for something like Bacognize if you want to give bacopa a fair shot. A lot of generic bulk extracts are UV standardization, which means a 50% UV extract may be much less according to HPLC. I think PC's was HPLC, but 20% is still pretty low.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sounds like I need to give Bacopa a try.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like I need to give Bacopa a try.
MUC gave some pretty good advice about it. Try it out and let us all know your thoughts on it. Make sure to get capsules though, it tastes awful

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bacopa does nothing for me, but some report benefits. I personally don't care for products that I need to take for 4-8 weeks to see any marginal benefit from and that is how bacopa reportedly works.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Girlfriend is getting sick, should she wait to start Ashwaghanda or go ahead? Will it have any affect?

Zariph

Awards
so decided to get some ashwaganda...no need to add anything right? i mean no need for support products etc?...also i know OL got ashwaganda products, and performax labs gpt it too...any other good brands that makes stuf with ksm 66?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so decided to get some ashwaganda...no need to add anything right? i mean no need for support products etc?...also i know OL got ashwaganda products, and performax labs gpt it too...any other good brands that makes stuf with ksm 66?
There's no need to take anything with ashwagandha, definitely no PCT or anything of that sort, as ashwagandha can help promote optimal hormone levels. I personally find that tongkat Ali goes well with ashwagandha, and I know AlphaMax XT has both, and I think some of OLs products do as well.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No need to add anything correct, and yes, PEScience uses KSM 66 (675 mg, a full dose) in Erase pro + among it's many ingredients. The current resurgence in KSM 66 is due to us using it in Erase pro + (imo anyway).

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I haven't noticed any instant anxiety relief/relaxation from any of the doses so far. I've only taken 300mg morning and 300mg night yesterday. I took 300mg this morning. I may try 600mg tonight and see if there's any instant relief. Has anyone noticed a difference in taking it with or without food?