Arimistane verdict?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Same thing here. Was on 100, then 75, then 50. At 50 joints stoped cracking but after 2 weeks started to feel burned out even more than usual and no amount of sleep helped.

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
Jinsun, did you do the bloodwork for arimistane already?

Big ian

Awards
I took it for two weeks (3 pills a day). Before bloods took it before bed, bloods next day at 9 am. Sleep quality and stress was app the same as the before test.

Don't know for how long it should act, what's the half life of the two ingredients. Maybe I should have taken it right before the test? In any case, this is only morning cortisol. So you be the judge of the whole thing...
Oh dear! I just bought 4 bottles because of the good reviews I’d seen for it for fat loss.

Although according to the bottle the daily dose is supposed to be 6 capsules per day?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can arimistane cause wrist problems? Ie dry joints.. If arimistane drops cortisol.. Would ashwagandha that also drops cortisol cause any joint issues? Seems since i have started taking ashwagandha i have been waking up seriously lethargic and also getting sore wrists and carpel tunnel feeling.. Sorry for diving into this post! Thought i would ask

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can arimistane cause wrist problems? Ie dry joints.. If arimistane drops cortisol.. Would ashwagandha that also drops cortisol cause any joint issues? Seems since i have started taking ashwagandha i have been waking up seriously /lethargic and also getting sore wrists and carpel tunnel feeling.. Sorry for diving into this post! Thought i would ask
Arimistane certainly can cause wrist and overall joint pain and it seems quite common for people (including myself) when dosed over 50mg/day. It would be rather shocking to have joint issues caused by ashwagandha. Through its role as an adaptogen, it is more of a cortisol stabilizer rather than something that would make cortisol levels crash. If someone developed joint issues from ashwaganda, it would more likely be due to a personal intolerance to the herb causing an inflammatory response.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
but you still plan on doing it? when?

i though you said you would do it while dosing 100... and i just read you dropped to 50
Yes I do. But been working 12+ h/day and just cant mess with my body and mind currently. Im taxed out as is currently :(

Dropped to 50 bc I was feeling crappy and couldnt sleep good. Wanted to go and do bloods at that point but just didn't have the time/energy to do it.

Now I'm off of it. I just wasnt feeling good on it, even at 50mg. I'll hop on it later and do the test as I really am interested at what it does. One observation: I started feeling crappy after about 4 weeks on it, but had cracking joints after 2 or 3 days on it...

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
Yes I do. But been working 12+ h/day and just cant mess with my body and mind currently. Im taxed out as is currently :(

Dropped to 50 bc I was feeling crappy and couldnt sleep good. Wanted to go and do bloods at that point but just didn't have the time/energy to do it.

Now I'm off of it. I just wasnt feeling good on it, even at 50mg. I'll hop on it later and do the test as I really am interested at what it does. One observation: I started feeling crappy after about 4 weeks on it, but had cracking joints after 2 or 3 days on it...
was that the only thing you were currently, or the only thing you added different to supplementation though?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
was that the only thing you were currently, or the only thing you added different to supplementation though?
Alpha and MK was constant, nothing changed nutrition wise. I added 0.25 dex eod to see if it would help with acne that alpha caused. Now I was on dex a month ago, same dosage and I was feeling great. It might be that the two combined were overkill, which points to the conclusion that arimistane did lower e2...

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thats alphamax xt. I mentioned it in this thread before...

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It doesn't work for estrogen.. Its been proven by bloodwork. Why are people still saying it does? If someone thinks using this in cycle will control estrogen your gonna get problems. Take a compound that is proven by bloodwork... Instead of someone saying.. I think it has lowered my estrogen?

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
It may not lower estrogen but boy did it dry me out. Also saw improved libido on it. I was running it at 75mgs. It's cheap and effective for drying out. I had no joint pains on it either. I just hate the fact that it's only temporary and once I go off it my body goes back to looking fluffy and bloated again.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It may not lower estrogen but boy did it dry me out. Also saw improved libido on it. I was running it at 75mgs. It's cheap and effective for drying out. I had no joint pains on it either. I just hate the fact that it's only temporary and once I go off it my body goes back to looking fluffy and bloated again.
The first 2 days of taking it I had wood all night lol It is good for libido if dosed right

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But it seems to constantly keep appearing with the word estrogen attached to the use.. It has zero effect on this. I just dont want people running any aromitising cycle and thinking this is keeping the estrogen at bay... Thats when people hop online and moan about roids etc..estrogen can cause havoc in the body if not controlled.

I think arimistane has a place in bodybuilding but just needs to be marketed elsewhere and for a different reason. If does posses cortisol control benefits though.. So could be marketed for that.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
But it seems to constantly keep appearing with the word estrogen attached to the use.. It has zero effect on this. I just dont want people running any aromitising cycle and thinking this is keeping the estrogen at bay... Thats when people hop online and moan about roids etc..estrogen can cause havoc in the body if not controlled.

I think arimistane has a place in bodybuilding but just needs to be marketed elsewhere and for a different reason. If does posses cortisol control benefits though.. So could be marketed for that.
If you're relying on any OTC product as an AI for an AAS cycle then you're already poorly positioned. There are plenty of OTC products on the market besides arimistane that claim to reduce estrogen and do not. That's the sports supplement industry for you.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're relying on any OTC product as an AI for an AAS cycle then you're already poorly positioned. There are plenty of OTC products on the market besides arimistane that claim to reduce estrogen and do not. That's the sports supplement industry for you.
Exactly.. When arimistane hit the scene it was being touted as a aromitase suicide inhibitor? No science behind it and no bloodwork.. Thats what annoys me and why people end up in trouble.. Going by claims instead of proven ingredients

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just to be clear, there are no studies done that show it works nor are there any studies done showing it doesnt work (to my knowledge).

Even if my results show that it wont work that still doesnt mean it wont work in some other instance for somebody else. This is all just broscience in the end...

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established

Well said.

HAMinTheTrap

Awards

Well said.
and what place would that be?

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
and what place would that be?
Reduced cortisol could be helpful in many different scenarios. We know cortisol is elevated when body fat is high, poor sleep, etc. It also can affect thyroid if elevated too highly for too long. Of course we need at least some cortisol (i.e. cortisol curve), but lowered cortisol is preferred for physique purposes. That's my 2 cents

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
https://youtu.be/eDnF5MQcmHA

Leave a comment or something. He is dismissing using letro, dex, aromasin in favor of arimistane for on cycle e2 support when using sarms.

What is interesting though is that he linked bloods for aromasin showing it lowered e2 by 8 points.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Okey, finally I'm back on track with this arimistane trial. I've waited for a month after I stopped Alphamax did bloods and started taking 100mg ed arimistane. This was last thursday, so this is now the 7th day of taking arimistane. I plan on doing bloods again on friday. This would than make 9 whole days at 100mg. Not experiencing much sides except a bit of clicking in the neck and bit more cracking in joints, but just a little bit. This is much different then when I was on Alphamax and took arimistane.

Pre bloods:

e2: 33 (11 - 44)
LH: 3.5 (0.57 - 12.07)
Free T: 22.53 (7 - 22.7)

Question: should I take arimistane in the morning before bloods or not? And if yes, how much?

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Definitely want to see final bloods. I suspect your e2 will drop by a few points at best.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Guys, going to the lab tomorrow, any ideas upon dosing arimistane before the test? Yes or no?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Didn't take it before bloods. So last dose of 50mg was yesterday 18:00 and before that 50mg in the morning.

Today's bloods were:

e2: 26 (11-44)

dvw I guess you were right.

Today I woke up totally cracked up. I know how I feel at 25 e2 and this is not it lol!
Didn't measure free T and LH due to $$$ I've spent to much for labs in the past 6 months as is... If it did raise T it raised it only marginally - judging from e2 results.
Also I wonder how much e2 would have been lower if a had taken it right before bloods... maybe by a point or two?

My verdict:

1. for me arimistane, due to it's sides, is not worth it for e2 control
2. arimistane can not prevent gyno and shouldn't be used on cycle instead of a proper Ai (aromasin, letro, dex)
3. anybody that claims arimistane can be used on cylce is probably in it for them monetary gainz. Should not be trusted
4. arimistane can be used for natty's doing a cut if the sides are worth it to you

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
Didn't take it before bloods. So last dose of 50mg was yesterday 18:00 and before that 50mg in the morning.

Today's bloods were:

e2: 26 (11-44)

dvw I guess you were right.

Today I woke up totally cracked up. I know how I feel at 25 e2 and this is not it lol!
Didn't measure free T and LH due to $$$ I've spent to much for labs in the past 6 months as is... If it did raise T it raised it only marginally - judging from e2 results.
Also I wonder how much e2 would have been lower if a had taken it right before bloods... maybe by a point or two?

My verdict:

1. for me arimistane, due to it's sides, is not worth it for e2 control
2. arimistane can not prevent gyno and shouldn't be used on cycle instead of a proper Ai (aromasin, letro, dex)
3. anybody that claims arimistane can be used on cylce is probably in it for them monetary gainz. Should not be trusted
4. arimistane can be used for natty's doing a cut if the sides are worth it to you
well i guess it did lower a bit right?

prior was 33 and then 26 with it? its a bigger drop than i expected

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
well i guess it did lower a bit right?

prior was 33 and then 26 with it? its a bigger drop than i expected
Tbh I expected something like this as Erik from more plates more dates reported similiar results...

As I've said, imo this is for nattys only. A 7 point e2 drop wont do much for on cycle. Maybe if you would combine it with 2 other otc ai supps but the cost of that would be much higher than just buying some proper ai's.

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
Tbh I expected something like this as Erik from more plates more dates reported similiar results...

As I've said, imo this is for nattys only. A 7 point e2 drop wont do much for on cycle. Maybe if you would combine it with 2 other otc ai supps but the cost of that would be much higher than just buying some proper ai's.
thanks man. i appreciate the reports. im sure others here do as well

cheers

210LBS

Awards
  • Established

Thanks for doing this! A 7 point drop is still something. It's a bit crazy to think someone is going to lean on arimistane as their legit AI for any kind of aromatizing compound. But it still may do something for estrogen. If you're running a dry compound it might be a good addition or it might be decent for PCT. It's certainly not going to crush estrogen like some of the prescription AIs, but maybe it could help keep estrogen levels balanced if they become elevated.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for doing this! A 7 point drop is still something. It's a bit crazy to think someone is going to lean on arimistane as their legit AI for any kind of aromatizing compound. But it still may do something for estrogen. If you're running a dry compound it might be a good addition or it might be decent for PCT. It's certainly not going to crush estrogen like some of the prescription AIs, but maybe it could help keep estrogen levels balanced if they become elevated.
Exactly what I was thinking.

I wish everything would go back to Arimistane instead of DHAA...never really been a fan of that. I get the impression many people feel the same...

I know that Inhibit-E has led to similar results, but it also has 5 other ingredients. My gut tells me that DHAA alone is not all that effective...just my opinion.

Thank you Jinsun ...this info is quite valuable!

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly what I was thinking.

I wish everything would go back to Arimistane instead of DHAA...never really been a fan of that. I get the impression many people feel the same...

I know that Inhibit-E has led to similar results, but it also has 5 other ingredients. My gut tells me that DHAA alone is not all that effective...just my opinion.

Thank you Jinsun ...this info is quite valuable!
Why not take something which is proven to work?

Aromasin and Arimidex..

Dont know why anyone who is on cycle would even suggest Arimistane to control estrogen... Just asking for trouble tbh

Take proven medication not one that does very little

210LBS

Awards
  • Established

Aromasin and Arimidex..

Dont know why anyone who is on cycle would even suggest Arimistane to control estrogen... Just asking for trouble tbh

Probably because it depends on the cycle. If the compounds don't aromatize then arimidex and aromasin won't control estrogen, they will crush it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
7 pts is nothing and could be attributed to anything, including day to day fluctuations. This only further shows what most people know by now- arimistane is not effective for lowering e2.

Good job getting the labs for this.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Probably because it depends on the cycle. If the compounds don't aromatize then arimidex and aromasin won't control estrogen, they will crush it.
Arimidex doesn't crush your estrogen if used with a proper dose. 1mg per week would keep your estrogen under control 0.25mg eod or 0.5mg e3d (Roughly)

I just dont like when Arimistane gets constantly passed on as an estrogen control supplement because estrogen when normal ie not on cycle is never a problem.. We need that small amount we produce. But on cycle its a big problem if you dont keep it under control. Arimistane wont even come close to doing this.. This is what bothers. Sorry if im ranting i just hate how the supplement industry care about ££££ than people's health.... High estrogen isnt fun

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
7 pts is nothing and could be attributed to anything, including day to day fluctuations. This only further shows what most people know by now- arimistane is not effective for lowering e2.

Good job getting the labs for this.
Exactly ??

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Arimidex doesn't crush your estrogen if used with a proper dose. 1mg per week would keep your estrogen under control 0.25mg eod or 0.5mg e3d (Roughly)

I just dont like when Arimistane gets constantly passed on as an estrogen control supplement because estrogen when normal ie not on cycle is never a problem.. We need that small amount we produce. But on cycle its a big problem if you dont keep it under control. Arimistane wont even come close to doing this.. This is what bothers. Sorry if im ranting i just hate how the supplement industry care about ££££ than people's health.... High estrogen isnt fun
Once again totally dependent on the cycle. You may not even need an AI on a PH cycle - many PH cycles don't require them. But post cycle you'll want to keep from estrogen rebound. If that means thinly running a prescription AI like exemestane in PCT, then that is an option. Some people run DIM to help regulate estrogen, others DHAA.

Keep in mind I'm referring to non aromatizing PH cycles NOT AAS test cycles.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Aromasin and Arimidex..

Yeah...of course..

The context of my post was in regards to using it off cycle for those of us who value keeping e2 somewhat in check regardless..

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I doubt that it's down to e2 fluctuation... Arimistane most probably does elevate free t levels and lowers e2 but not by much.

This was referenced by Derek from more plates more dates https://redsupplements.com/free-testosterone-levels/
He used to work there when they made the test. It kinda concurres with my findings. My t levels are already high so I doubt how much it would have raised them further but my guess is that arimistane lowers shbg (like all ai's do) and thus elevates free t.

The combo of elevating free t and lowering e2 should yield some results for natty's...

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Cool of you to get labs. Interesting results

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I doubt that it's down to e2 fluctuation... Arimistane most probably does elevate free t levels and lowers e2 but not by much.

This was referenced by Derek from more plates more dates https://redsupplements.com/free-testosterone-levels/
He used to work there when they made the test. It kinda concurres with my findings. My t levels are already high so I doubt how much it would have raised them further but my guess is that arimistane lowers shbg (like all ai's do) and thus elevates free t.

The combo of elevating free t and lowering e2 should yield some results for natty's...
Why not add in the free T check? Isn't it a little difference in cost? When i do bloodwork i always do a full panel screening. I personally wouldn't test without a full before and after. Just seems like Arimistane is still being hidden from its use.

Seems to be the trend with Arimistane though. I have seen bloodwork fully done and nothing really changed. At all... I think it has very minor cortisol reducing properties. As for e2.. I dont think Arimistane has a place in the market for this.

As for a reduction (7 points) and a little extra free T (Which we dont know if it did) ... The results would be tiny if anything extra.. Just my opinion tbh. Well within a timeframe of say 30-60 days which is what Arimistane is usually run for.. I could do both of these using Broccoli (Reduces estrogen) and supplement with Zinc (Increase T levels slightly).. I could have that in my diet daily and still yield the same results.

Not meaning to keep being naggy about it.. I just feel supplements should actually do what they were originally intended for and not what people think they might do.

If you care for your health (If your taking Test and not non aromatising PH's etc) then you should have it planned proper and be running pharmaceutical based medicines. Even with TRT. Your estrogen can rocket but a proper dose of Arimidex or Aromasin will keep this in check. Check bloodwork and you will be good to go.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you care for your health (If your taking Test and not non aromatising PH's etc) then you should have it planned proper and be running pharmaceutical based medicines. Even with TRT. Your estrogen can rocket but a proper dose of Arimidex or Aromasin will keep this in check. Check bloodwork and you will be good to go.
Agree. Exactly what I wrote in my conclusions a couple of posts up above.

Regarding free t test: to add free t to the test is another 30€ (37$)... I did free T and LH bc I needed those for baseline before my next cycle... Not doing this stuff at the doctor but a paid independent lab... Also truth be told I don't care about it that much as the sides are not worth it. There are plenty of test booster out there that do a good job and don't crack up your joints :)

But regardless, it just might as well be that it raises t a lot if you have plenty of SHBG in your serum...

Cscott622

Cscott622

Awards
  • Established
Screenshot_20180127-103310.png
i found this a while back and screenshotted it ,you may have seen it though

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 7
Ripped_warrior Anabolics 5
cristiano88 Supplements 15
Anabolics 8
bell1986 Supplements 32