arimidex vs aromasin during TRT

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
So, are you all recommending switching from arimidex (anastrozole) to aromasin? From reading the Anastrozole affects lipids, can bring on brain fog and can lower sexual desire. Thoughts?
I talked to my TRT Doc about adex doing bad things to lipids and she agreed and switched me over to aromasin.

Here are some bloodwork to prove that adex does do bad things to lipids. I also posted this in AAS Research Mega Thread
Summary (See 1st pic below for standard range):
I started taking Anastrozole on Nov 1 2015 (start of TRT) which came from either Bartells or compound pharmacy. My dose was .25mg day after injection. On Jan 11th, my dose was increased to .5mg day after injection when my e2 came back higher than normal range because I accidentally pinned more than I was supposed to (oops).

Total Cholesterol decreased from 214 down to 147:yes(1):. 147 is the lowest mine has ever been. Highest was mid 300's
Good Cholesterol (HDL) deceased from 80 down to 27:aargh:
Bad Cholesterol (LDL) decreased from 121 down to 11:yes(1):
Ratio increased from 2.7 up to 5.4:mad:

What concerns me the most is the ratio.

Bloodwork on 10-10-2015
View attachment 130050

Bloodwork on 01-27-2016. This test was taken at my work.
View attachment 130052

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I stopped my adex, mentally and emotionally feel sharper. I feel we do not know the long term effect of AI on the brain, despite having optimal e2 levels being present. Yes it may help some, but may others it may not be helping in those aspects. I will be suggesting other ways to control e2 which are non pharmaceutical based. Feel good for short term, but what are the effects long term?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I stopped my adex, mentally and emotionally feel sharper. I feel we do not know the long term effect of AI on the brain, despite having optimal e2 levels being present. Yes it may help some, but may others it may not be helping in those aspects. I will be suggesting other ways to control e2 which are non pharmaceutical based. Feel good for short term, but what are the effects long term?
Have you ever tried out small doses of exemestane? Adex is more detrimental than beneficial imo

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I tried both and same response.
I have been walking in a cloud for over 2 years not being able to use full capacity of my brain. Now since I greater mental clarity, my ability to research has been drastically accelerated. The episodes of depersonalization from aspergers have reduced significantly. The ability to love and feel passion again is amazing...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I tried both and same response
I have been walking in a cloud for over 2 years not being able to use full capacity of my brain. Now since I mental clarity, my research is moving at much faster pace, as well as my episodes of depersonalization have reduced significantly. The ability to love and feel passion is worth it alone..
I use nootropics for mental clarity. We are aging, so cognitive decline is fairly normal, to certain degrees. I don't see how an AI can have you walking around in a daze/cloud though. I'd look into other things.

FWIW, tianeptine removes the cloud for me, regardless of how tired I am, etc. it's also an exceptional mood brightener

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I do not want to use a drug when I know what the causation is. Since its the only variable removed and symptoms have resolved with in matter of days then I find this clinically relevant in my case. I do not want to get into the OTC kitchen chemistry set.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do not want to use a drug when I know what the causation is. Since its the only variable removed and symptoms have resolved with in matter of days then I find this clinically relevant in my case. I do not want to get into the OTC kitchen chemistry set.
What then are you using for estrogen control?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Nothing. I dropped my testosterone from 100 mgs down to 60 mgs per week. Since I am clinically zinc deficient, I will be using specially compounded transdermal zinc at 50 mgs a day monitoring plasma and RBC zinc levels over a 6 week period. Using nothing right now. I will make my own liposomal chrysin since I have access to all the tools to make it. I am not talking jewelry cleaner machines, but full on machine which will blow your ear drum if you are in the same room for too long. It emusiifies anything down to 50 nanograms

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What then are you using for estrogen control?
Some guys don't need to run an AI at all. I on the other hand have to. I tried every other natural remedy to lower my E2 and it didn't work. Ended up on arimidex. I take .25 mgs on injection days. 1 inject 50 mgs every 3.5 days.