Arginine Pyroglutamate plus Lysine & GABA

MooseLoRoose

MooseLoRoose

Awards
Has anyone ever tried these together as a lil natural GH stack with GABA before bed??

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[Effect of L-arginine supplementation on secretion of human growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor in adults].

[Article in Portuguese]
Fayh AP, Friedman R, Sapata KB, Oliveira AR.
Source

Laboratório de Pesquisa do Exercício, Escola de Educação Física, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Felizardo 750, 90690-200 Porto Alegre, RS. [email protected]

Abstract

Based on presumptions that the infusion of amino acids can augment the release of human growth hormone (hGH) and that this metabolism is related with secretion of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), the purpose of this study was to verify the effect of L-arginine supplementation on GH and IGF-I in adults. Seventeen male individuals participated on the study and were randomized to receive L-arginine (n= 10) or placebo (n= 7), seven grams per day for seven days. Before and after the supplementation period, the volunteers realized blood collection in fasting to verify both GH and IGF-I levels, as well as urine collection to verify urea excretion. At the end of the experimental period, it was verified that the group that received L-arginine augmented the urea in urine excretion (to 2684.1 +/- 475.2 mg/dl from 2967.2 +/- 409.7 mg/dl, p= 0.002), therefore it did not alter significantly the release of hormones evaluated. The group which received placebo did not alter significantly any evaluated parameters. The L-arginine supplementation during seven days was ineffective to augment both GH and IGF-I release in individual male adults.
arginine does not increase HGH.

MooseLoRoose

MooseLoRoose

Awards
Good looking bro, my boy swears by it... I'm skeptical. I just stick to my ZMA to keep my Zinc levels high from training hard. And I like GABA cause it melows me out before bed.