ARA/X-Gels

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
It's been a few years since I last took ARA/X-Gels, but I picked up a couple bottles whilst it was on sale.

Just wondering if there was ever a conclusion to the dosing everyday vs dosing only on workout days debate?

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm taking it now. I just do 5 caps pre-workout only. I train 5/6 days a week. Some take more than 5 caps though.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't think that everyone is ever going to be in agreement on the subject of whether to use it daily vs on workout days.

Personally, I think for optimal gains in lean muscle, its best used daily.

But if pumps are the main goal, then using it only on workout days is fine.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I don't think that everyone is ever going to be in agreement on the subject of whether to use it daily vs on workout days.

Personally, I think for optimal gains in lean muscle, its best used daily.

But if pumps are the main goal, then using it only on workout days is fine.
Is the recommended dose still 1,500mg (6 caps) pre-workout, preferably fasted?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is the recommended dose still 1,500mg (6 caps) pre-workout, preferably fasted?
Yes, most people use 4 to 6 softgels pre-workout.

On the suggested use, we provide it as a range for people and we mention that some people use it only on workout days, but that the majority of the research is on it being used daily.

Here is the supplement facts panel and suggested use for anyone that would like to see it:

X-Gels-Supp-Facts-1.png

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Yes, most people use 4 to 6 softgels pre-workout.

On the suggested use, we provide it as a range for people and we mention that some people use it only on workout days, but that the majority of the research is on it being used daily.

Here is the supplement facts panel and suggested use for anyone that would like to see it:

View attachment 236082
So for somebody like myself, who resistance trains 4-5 times per week, would four caps every day be a better dosing schedule than six caps pre-workout on workout days only?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So for somebody like myself, who resistance trains 4-5 times per week, would four caps every day be a better dosing schedule than six caps pre-workout on workout days only?
You would get different answers from different people on that.

For context, you're asking someone (me) that has always suggested daily use with X-Gels haha.

I think you're fine to take 4 or 6, whichever you would prefer on workout days, but I would personally take 4 on non-workout days too if it were me.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I find it works much better dosed at 6 caps pre workout only. If your trying to limit the caps to 7 x 4 = 24 caps a week, use 6 caps at four of those workouts. I find there is a a pretty noticeable difference in strength, pump and performance doing otherwise.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I find it works much better dosed at 6 caps pre workout only. If your trying to limit the caps to 7 x 4 = 24 caps a week, use 6 caps at four of those workouts. I find there is a a pretty noticeable difference in strength, pump and performance doing otherwise.
I'm taking it now. I just do 5 caps pre-workout only. I train 5/6 days a week. Some take more than 5 caps though.

I know the recommendation was to take ARA fasted, but have you noticed any difference in effects if/when you've taken your pre-workout ARA with a coffee and/or pre-workout?

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know the recommendation was to take ARA fasted, but have you noticed any difference in effects if/when you've taken your pre-workout ARA with a coffee and/or pre-workout?
Generally speaking, fasted refers to an absence of food. Not liquids

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's been a few years since I last took ARA/X-Gels, but I picked up a couple bottles whilst it was on sale.

Just wondering if there was ever a conclusion to the dosing everyday vs dosing only on workout days debate?
Personally when I run it I only use it on workout days and I take it about 30 minutes pre workout along with my preworkout drink and works just fine for me.

We carry it at strong supplement shop as well

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did not find that a pre workout or coffee negatively affected the result.

IMO the "empty stomach" recomendation has far more to do with timing vs absorption. If the human body was unable to absorb ARA with the presence of food then we would have never been able to absorb it from food to being with, which we know is NOT the case. The human body absorbs ARA from food just fine, as do babies fed formula with mixed macros. When attempting to time for pumps I do think it needs to be taken further out from training if consuming food preworkout.

I like mine 1-1.5 hours pre personally.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
IMO the "empty stomach" recomendation has far more to do with timing vs absorption. If the human body was unable to absorb ARA with the presence of food then we would have never been able to absorb it from food to being with, which we know is NOT the case. The human body absorbs ARA from food just fine, as do babies fed formula with mixed macros. When attempting to time for pumps I do think it needs to be taken further out from training if consuming food preworkout.

It wasn't a concern of it not being absorbed, but finding the optimal way. Carnitine/Aspirin for breakdown, GMS for emulsification, and empty stomach pre-workout to ensure greater usage/uptake in muscle versus fat.

I was definitely a fan of that approach, but if I am completely honest I'd be less certain nowadays that it is AS needed and definitely not NECESSARY to take it that way. I think there definitely could be some strong reasonings for daily dosing and not worrying as much about pre, unless looking to amplify pumps as well.

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
Did x gels on a cut a couple months ago for 8 weeks. Worked out 4x a week, workout days taking 6 caps, non workout 4 caps. Worked out at between 330- 430 am, tried it with a pre workout meal and tried it fasted with ara.

Always had more success having a pre-workout meal even without Ara; had more energy felt stronger and lifts never suffered. In my findings Ara and pre workout meal there wasnt any cons, even if sleep wasnt the greatest still pushed through workouts maintaining or adding reps/weights to lifts. Compared to being fasted where enrergy/output suffered depending on how i slept and what i ate the night before (usually pre and post workout meals are the biggest). Perk of taking it everyday while cutting was I actually gained some strength, all day pumps, vascularity even on off days (my wife commenting on it forearms hamstrings and calves most noticeably).

Only con of taking it everyday was back pumps galore(mid back), trying to work 16 hours on my feet last couple weeks were rough but supplementing with taurine cleared most of that up to make it more manageable.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

if I dose with or anywhere near food, I find a major decline in effectiveness. I don’t know how many dozens of times I have heard the same thing over the years. I have been using ARA since the initial trials. But to each their own.