ArA - pre-workout question

xasd12xasd

Awards
Firstly, this is my first post, so please let me know if it's in the wrong section of the website. Also, I couldn't find a similar question on the forum, but if it has been posted before, please can someone point me to it?

I've been following the threads about ArA, and have decided to give it a go. I've used it for 4 days (pre-workout only) with 3g LCLT + 6g GMS + 15g SL, and Kraken + whey 15 mins before the workout (and ~30 after the ArA) and I'm enjoying the pumps so far.

I know the general advice to avoid Epi based products when on ArA due to it's anti-inflammatory properties. I read somewhere that VASO-6 (for example: found in Re1gn) is sometimes referred to as Super-Epi. So my question is whether stacking ArA with a pre-workout like Re1gn be counter-productive?

I'm a fan of Kraken, but since they have changed their formulation to include VASO-6, I'm now reconsidering what I'd want for my pre-workout.

A bit about me:
I've been training for about 7 years. Been on IF for the last 6 months - enjoying it. Currently stand at 6ft 3, 88kgs with ~12% body fat. Diet is pretty clean. Train about 5-6 times a week - mostly strength. Currently, aiming to lean bulk and add about 5 kgs in the next 6 months or so.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the forum! There is a great thread that covers the in's and out's of ArA here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

127 pages of good info. It sounds like you've already read up on it and it seems like you know what you're doing. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far - ArA is good stuff!

I wouldn't be concerned with stacking Vaso6 with ArA. These work in very different ways. ArA works through inflammation ( in relation to tissue). Vaso6 works through nitric oxide production and vasodilation (in relation to blood and blood vessels). If anything, these should work synergistically in helping deliver more blood to the muscle tissue, causing greater inflammation to the tissue.

I would stay away from anti-inflammatory supplements like -(-)epi and fish oil, but vasodilators and nitric oxide supplements shouldn't have any impact or issues that would diminish ArA's effectiveness.

xasd12xasd

Awards
Thanks John, I agree - that article has 127 pages of priceless information - exactly the kind of stuff you need to know if you are looking to invest in and maximise your returns using something like ArA.

I was probably confused by the terminology used by Olympus labs - they refer to VASO-6 as 'Superior Epicatechin' which made me wonder if VASO-6 also had anti-inflammatory properties. Couldn't find any information if it was, but wanted to check with you guys in case someone had more information!

I'll stop worrying about it now :)