Improved in app graphics

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sorry to reply to this so late, but FYI you can already upload pictures from the Apple app. You just have to have your photo security settings in the iOS set to allow it. Hit the + sign in the top right of the app in a reply, etc. to get the upload menu.

Other graphics in app? Which ones in particular?

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Actually I have a lot of problems uploading through my iPhone, a lot of the time I have to do multiple attempts because it just freezes for about a half hour or more. Also most times when I post on the forums the app freezes and I have to hit cancel reply, but the post still goes through. I have a few other things that happen with the app too. This all happened with full bars full wifi, and I can send pictures in seconds through text and other apps, so it isn't a phone issue.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually I have a lot of problems uploading through my iPhone, a lot of the time I have to do multiple attempts because it just freezes for about a half hour or more. Also most times when I post on the forums the app freezes and I have to hit cancel reply, but the post still goes through. I have a few other things that happen with the app too. This all happened with full bars full wifi, and I can send pictures in seconds through text and other apps, so it isn't a phone issue.
My iPhone does the same thing. But usually only on a wifi connection. Just regular 3G works fine.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Mine does if on both.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Noted, thanks for the message! What phone, OS, app version?

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
iPhone 4,

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
iPhone 4,

Assuming you have the latest update of the Apple app, that's the same setup that's being used by lots of others (exact same as mine, except I have a 4S) that works fine. I'm told by the developer/programmer that these issues are more than likely caused by 1) carrier issues (high latency, dropped packets, etc.) on the network itself or 2) conflicts with other apps running in the background.

They're going to work towards better error handling in the future, but unfortunately since it's not an actual app problem it's very hard to track down.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Assuming you have the latest update of the Apple app, that's the same setup that's being used by lots of others (exact same as mine, except I have a 4S) that works fine. I'm told by the developer/programmer that these issues are more than likely caused by 1) carrier issues (high latency, dropped packets, etc.) on the network itself or 2) conflicts with other apps running in the background.

They're going to work towards better error handling in the future, but unfortunately since it's not an actual app problem it's very hard to track down.
It's not really that big of a deal really, I have been able to work around the issue fairly easily so no worries here. Thanks for looking into it though.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
kswiss

kswiss

Awards
Maybe i just havnt found it, but being able to rep people would be a nice addition