Anyone have negative effects from low dose clomiphene (12.5mg)?

bliindsniper

Awards
Hey everyone, my doctor prescribed low dose clomiphene because I have secondary hypogonadism.

I was wondering if anyone has experience negatve side effects with this drug and if so what?

There are case reports on pubmed ranging from clomiphene causing psychosis to blindness in 1 eye.

Wondering if I should just skip this trial and go straight for testosterone therapy.

bliindsniper

Awards
Btw forgot to mention, long history of psychosis in my family, not a route I want to head down.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't noticed anything anecdotally. I do 25mg EOD currently for a bump, considering i was mildly suppressed for some time, now i feel much better and sides are non existent.

I came upon this treatment and dosing through the advice of a doc that i work with in the ER. He runs a clinic and prescribes clomid regularly for mildly suppressed patients at that dosage.

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
The lower the dose the better since this can raise estradiol. Peaktestosterone has good info so I would check the link provided above.

bliindsniper

Awards
So the risk is massive essentially?

Any downsides to going on trt at such a young age? (besides fertility)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

bliindsniper

Awards
I am 22, havent been able to get erections for 4 years, no sex drive, tired all the time. Thyroid is fine, ptuitary hormones are on the lower end of the scale like my testosterone. That's why he wants me on clomid.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am 22, havent been able to get erections for 4 years, no sex drive, tired all the time. Thyroid is fine, ptuitary hormones are on the lower end of the scale like my testosterone. That's why he wants me on clomid.
Have you taken AAS, SARMS or SERMS? Any cycles of anything?

bliindsniper

Awards
Literally nothing. I was overtraining hardcore though when this happened to me.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Low-dose Clomid (12.5 mg EOD) with a very low dose of Aromasin (6.25 mg E3D) is nearly ideal for those with secondary hypogonadism.

TRT with testosterone should be reserved only for those who are primary. Testosterone levels are supposed to rise and fall in a daily rhythm and in response to external and internal stimuli. Exogenous testosterone completely obliterates this and causes widespread hormonal disruptions of multiple systems, oxytocin being a major one.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey everyone, my doctor prescribed low dose clomiphene because I have secondary hypogonadism.

I was wondering if anyone has experience negatve side effects with this drug and if so what?

There are case reports on pubmed ranging from clomiphene causing psychosis to blindness in 1 eye.

Wondering if I should just skip this trial and go straight for testosterone therapy.
Clomid turned me into a woman, made me like dudes, and kill my next door neighbor, then rape him.... that was just with 1 dose.

Reactions: Nac

sanguine

Awards
Have you considered nolvadex instead? People tend to report fewer side effects and I believe it to be a superiour drug for the purpose of normalizing the endocrine system/androgen levels.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
It's carcinogenic and hepatoxic, Clomid is neither.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's carcinogenic and hepatoxic, Clomid is neither.
It is used to treat breast cancer. However it has has been shown to be potentially carcinogenic in the endometrium...which is only a problem if you have a uterus. And also from what I can see the hepatocarcinogenic issue has been found in rat studies but not replicated consistently in studies examining women that are on it for breast cancer.

Do you have sources for this??

Here are mine:
https://academic.oup.com/carcin/article/22/6/839/2733816

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9469370/

daxiang

Awards
  • Established
for low dosing clomid say 12.5mg eod, is the Aromasin needed or just as a safeguard for estrogen

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
It is used to treat breast cancer. However it has has been shown to be potentially carcinogenic in the endometrium...which is only a problem if you have a uterus. And also from what I can see the hepatocarcinogenic issue has been found in rat studies but not replicated consistently in studies examining women that are on it for breast cancer.

Do you have sources for this??

Here are mine:
https://academic.oup.com/carcin/article/22/6/839/2733816

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9469370/
Read the first sentence:

https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/roc/content/profiles/tamoxifen.pdf

It's well-established that tamoxifen is a known human carcinogen. Not suspected, known. I don't play with known human carcinogens, especially when others SERMs are nearly as good and are basically safe.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
for low dosing clomid say 12.5mg eod, is the Aromasin needed or just as a safeguard for estrogen
It's not needed, but on this protocol, there's a bit of synergy, as the Aromasin triggers additional LH release itself. In this case the Aromasin isn't necessarily being used for E2 control.

Keep Aromasin doses very low! No more than 6.25 mg E3D.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Read the first sentence:

https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/roc/content/profiles/tamoxifen.pdf

It's well-established that tamoxifen is a known human carcinogen. Not suspected, known. I don't play with known human carcinogens, especially when others SERMs are nearly as good and are basically safe.
IMG_4340.jpg

Its about uterine/endometrial cancer. But you hold a standpoint that is fair, it is a known human carcinogen. Particularly when concerning endometrial CA. Im sure youd be hard presses to fond studies in men (i havent looked) so I definitely dont fault you for choosing alternatives.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
View attachment 161628

Its about uterine/endometrial cancer. But you hold a standpoint that is fair, it is a known human carcinogen. Particularly when concerning endometrial CA. Im sure youd be hard presses to fond studies in men (i havent looked) so I definitely dont fault you for choosing alternatives.
The same ER subtypes found in uterine and endometrial tissue are also found in prostate tissue.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The same ER subtypes found in uterine and endometrial tissue are also found in prostate tissue.
And in the following , "ERα is highly expressed in the uterus, prostate stroma, ovarian theca cells, Leydig cells in testes, epididymis, breast, and liver". https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3389841/

Testicular Leydig's and epididymal cells too, no thanks. Although what I said about studies in men is still true that's enough for me to say thanks for teaching me something and having information to back up what you're saying. Sorry for the brief derail OP.