Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just got a box of S'mores in

I was curious and weighed the bars to see if they matched the 60g label weigh. I have heard others tell me some weighed up to 44/60g that was stated on the label and the majority of mine came in around 54g and that is counting the wrapper, so they should be a bit less. I have had some that were 52, 53, 54, 55, and 56 nothing really at 60g, so each one of my readings should of been a bit lower due to not factoring in the wrapper which would drop maybe 1-2g depending on weight.

Does anyone else see their quest bars falling short of label claims in weight?

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I can't speak on this issue but have you tasted them yet? If so, how would you rank them next to the CnC(my personal fav)?

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Yes they hardly if ever weigh what they should.
I've seen some look like a 3/4 bar right out the wrapper.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't have a digital scale. Interesting though. I also notice a huge disparity in batches as far as things like pieces of chocolate in the bars. Not saying this to call them out, but I do find myself wondering the profile differences in each batch.

I admit fully it could be minuscule

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Rob I've noticed that too.
Some are loaded with pieces and some hardly have any.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coop brought this up on another forum and I believe a Quest rep had an explanation or something of the sort.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good info. Never thought to weigh them.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
I just checked my smores bars and they are fairly right. Between 64-55g.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Coop brought this up on another forum and I believe a Quest rep had an explanation or something of the sort.
This. There was something wrong with a certain number of batches. Weight of the bars and taste were off if I remember correctly.

Nyrin

Awards
The box I ordered on the BF/CM deal was relatively correct with weights from the few I weighed (55-65 range as I recall).

Personally loved the flavor -- tastes sort of like s'mores cookie dough. It seems like a bit of a departure from Quest in that it's lower-fiber and incorporates some (IMO) less desirable ingredients like palm oil, but even then it's still one of the 'cleanest' bars around and the flavor more than makes up for it in my book.

I'll be buying more when they're available at a good price.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This was very good. You get the good combination of graham cracker, cinnamon, marshmallow and chocolate chips all in one. Not to mention quest does not skimp when it comes to mix-ins. Nearly every single bite had marshmallow pieces or chocolate chip pieces and a very complimenting cinnamon graham cracker base. S’mores lovers you need to get yourself a bar or a box to give these a try these could possibly be your favorite on the line.

Quest has 0 reps.

This. There was something wrong with a certain number of batches. Weight of the bars and taste were off if I remember correctly.
^^ If you can dig this up let me know
I think they locked his thread.

most of his were 44/60g which is crazy. losing 1/3 of a product

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Sounds delicious! Def picking some up as soon as I can.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reactions: mw1
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well that is weird because a Quest rep/affiliate was in the thread Coop made. Go look for yourself.
You know what is weird
go to the company directory
and there are 0 reps for quest
just their facebook and website as references. Questbar is their corp account which is based through their website.
:)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know what is weird go to the company directory and there are 0 reps for quest :)
Cool. Go to the thread and you'll see a Quest affiliate commenting on the issue.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Cool. Go to the thread and you'll see a Quest affiliate commenting on the issue.
Not an affiliate or a rep. that is quest's customer service from their website (because someone contacted them hence why they only have 10 posts) they have 0 affiliates or reps on the boards. I know the previous quest rep who left to join scivation, and the other one was fired from the company.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No I don't notice that at all because I'm not insane.
Neither am i. But when i heard many people shorted based off the label. speculation arises. (especially 44/60g of a bar)
Just like how people may be speculating if their protein powder meets label claims.
Welcome to the industry.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Semantics. Damn Internet and coding of conversations.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not an affiliate or a rep. that is quest's customer service from their website (because someone contacted them hence why they only have 10 posts) they have 0 affiliates or reps on the boards. I know the previous quest rep who left to join scivation, and the other one was fired from the company.
The simple point I was getting at was someone at Quest came in the thread and talked about the issue. I could care less if they were a rep or affiliate or what they were lol.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
People on edge over the holidays or what? Let's have some Christmas cheer and relax.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
People on edge over the holidays or what? Let's have some Christmas cheer and relax.
I agree.

Although it's time for finals which blows lol.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree. Although it's time for finals which blows lol.
agreed. Hated those days. Luckily I just get to grade them now. Still a pain but not the same for sure. I feel for you man.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
agreed. Hated those days. Luckily I just get to grade them now. Still a pain but not the same for sure. I feel for you man.
Ya it's no fun but this will be the last time I have to do it!! So that's the only thing that makes it not so bad.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
you guys must of missed the insider yesterday on the snickerdoodle select bars, eaten 3 boxes already ;)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They are delish!!!! My favorites are raspberry and cookie dough! All of them are pretty delish!!!!!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lets break this downif each bar is 10g off
that means your missing 2 full bars worth when you placed an order for a box of bars. (since they are 60g each and 12 bars in a box)

So if you bought a protein powder and it claims you get 60 scoops at 30g (1800g total) each, and you are only getting 20g for 60 (1200g total) scoops that means your missing quite a bit of your product which is 600g worth of powder. So would you be mad if you lost 20 scoops of your protein powder due to wrong amount of weight in your tub? I have seen this happen with Gold Feast before i know Illadelphia off bb.com counted each scoop he took and he was off by a few scoops and net weight.

Do you like not getting what you paid for? Do you like being short changed?
Do you like when things do not meet label claims or when you do not get what you should be getting?

There is a problem with the companies QC (Quality Control) or Stability testing when making the product.
You may as well pay for a brand new car but get a used car with 10,000 miles on it if that is the case, since you don't mind being short changed or not getting the right thing.

If i pay for something i expect it to come as it should, not every single bar falling short of the label claim.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Uhhhhhh......All I said was let's all relax. Kbayne was just saying it had been discussed and there was a possible answer. No one has said you were wrong and it wasn't the case. I think we can all agree we would be mad if we were short changed. Especially since quest bars are pretty expensive. I also think we can all agree there is a Qc Issue as we have seen a variety of problems time and time again. So yes I would be mad if I was short changed a car? And I hope you can find an answer to this problem (Not from a rep of course)

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hope to try these at some point...anyone try the Quest Protein powder yet?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tell me more about how Quest's customer service is not affiliated with Quest

I guess I'm not affiliated with SNS and you're not affiliated with AM either!

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tell me more about how Quest's customer service is not affiliated with Quest

I guess I'm not affiliated with SNS and you're not affiliated with AM either!
That is not what he is saying. He was saying that the person responding to the thread was Quest website customer service team, not a forum rep or forum affiliate. Most companies keep the two entirely separate. None of the PES reps work for the PES customer service team, and none of the people on our customer service team post on the forums, for example.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I think with most food or compounds you are either going to get less or more than the advertised label, same goes with its macros.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Hope to try these at some point...anyone try the Quest Protein powder yet?
read some reviews that's its dogdoo, which is surprising.

they make bars and chips taste good, but powder they fail at? surprising

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That is not what he is saying. He was saying that the person responding to the thread was Quest website customer service team, not a forum rep or forum affiliate. Most companies keep the two entirely separate. None of the PES reps work for the PES customer service team, and none of the people on our customer service team post on the forums, for example.
^^ Bingo.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
read some reviews that's its dogdoo, which is surprising.

they make bars and chips taste good, but powder they fail at? surprising
I have read and viewed the same. Even YouTubers who get free product have said it's pretty bad. Usually, they pimp everything no matter what. I saw a YouTube video and about 20 oz of water needed to be used for one scoop. I like thicker powders, but come on!

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Say it ain't so! I thought Quest could do no wrong! I think the powders were created to be used mainly for recipes rather than shakes though?????

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Say it ain't so! I thought Quest could do no wrong! I think the powders were created to be used mainly for recipes rather than shakes though?????
Yeah I thought it was more for cooking and adding to other things more than just shakes.
But if it's nasty in a shake it would probably be nasty as a cake too.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I thought it was more for cooking and adding to other things more than just shakes.
But if it's nasty in a shake it would probably be nasty as a cake too.
Well judging from the unanimous disgust, looks like I can cross this off my shopping list.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Well judging from the unanimous disgust, looks like I can cross this off my shopping list.
It never made mine because it's to spendy and not all that great of a profile.
Bulk WPI or a good Blend is all I use.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
It never made mine because it's to spendy and not all that great of a profile.
Bulk WPI or a good Blend is all I use.
Yeah I was going to buy it only as a dessert since I don't eat sweets. I had high hopes, thinking it was going to be the same amazing taste as the bars but in a smooth, thick shake....LOOKS LIKE THE DREAM IS DEAD BOYS! Ya dun goofed Quest, ya truly dun goofed.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have read and viewed the same. Even YouTubers who get free product have said it's pretty bad. Usually, they pimp everything no matter what. I saw a YouTube video and about 20 oz of water needed to be used for one scoop. I like thicker powders, but come on!
that is what most do comment about
for the price (almost 40$ a 2lb tub) many have been let down.
i would only pay that much for an expensive iso if it tasted unreal, or maybe metabolic nutrition and their PB cookie or XF 2.0

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not saying it should vary vastly, however, I am in manufacturing and there will always be slight variability. That's why tolerances exist.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not saying it should vary vastly, however, I am in manufacturing and there will always be slight variability. That's why tolerances exist.
Absolutely. However there have been some instances where several of the Smores bars have weighed less than 50g. If that;s the case, then there is a problem. I weigh my Quest Bars out, for accurate tracking, and never have seen on that low. Usually, the box seems to have most, if not all, of the bars being over/under by no more than 3 or 4 grams. One box I had, bars were coming out to 72 +/-

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Absolutely. However there have been some instances where several of the Smores bars have weighed less than 50g. If that;s the case, then there is a problem. I weigh my Quest Bars out, for accurate tracking, and never have seen on that low. Usually, the box seems to have most, if not all, of the bars being over/under by no more than 3 or 4 grams. One box I had, bars were coming out to 72 +/-
Quest Bars on steroids!

wray98

wray98

Awards
I'm not a bar person... but I have eaten my share of Quest bars. They always seem to be different each time I eat one, like taste different each batch. Could be me though, but I have had other people tell me the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a QC issue with them.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm not a bar person... but I have eaten my share of Quest bars. They always seem to be different each time I eat one, like taste different each batch. Could be me though, but I have had other people tell me the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a QC issue with them.
for instance
first banana nut bar i had .. had 0 flavor, no taste of banana or nut to it
asked question what is going on?
they sent me 2 more bars on the house and they tasted 100x different and had much more flavor.

it happens.