Any alternatives to HCG?

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Okay. I'm on TRT and my boys are almost gone. I'm figuring I may be out of the loop on recent developments or possibilities other than HCG. Any luck on that? I'd rather not have to take another medication if I don't have to. If HCG is the only choice, what would you recommend? I'd like to gain a little knowledge before seeing my HRT doctor..

Thanks in advance...

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Okay. I'm on TRT and my boys are almost gone. I'm figuring I may be out of the loop on recent developments or possibilities other than HCG. Any luck on that? I'd rather not have to take another medication if I don't have to. If HCG is the only choice, what would you recommend? I'd like to gain a little knowledge before seeing my HRT doctor..

Thanks in advance...

HCG - Unraveled
A review of hCG use

By Eric M. Potratz
------------------------------------------
Bottom of post #62 and post #79
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-3.html
------------------------------------------

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thank you. What type of dosage do people on TRT normally take? Obviously it's going to be long-term - and that's what worries me...

In males, hCG mimics LH and helps restore and maintain testosterone production in the testes. As such, hCG is commonly used during and after steroid cycles to maintain and restore testicular size as well as endogenous testosterone production. However, if hCG is used for too long and in too high a dose, the resulting rise in natural testosterone will eventually inhibit its own production via negative feedback on the hypothalamus and pituitary.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thank you. What type of dosage do people on TRT normally take? Obviously it's going to be long-term - and that's what worries me...
Depending on your remaining life span.
But TRT is forewer.

Goals when on TRT

DHEAs(500-640)
BAT(460-575)
E2(25-29)
DHT(60-90)
BAT-BioAvailableTestosterone
---------------------------------------

Blood testing to check progress and adjust if need.

42 DHEA sulfate
48 Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
50 Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS) Code: 14966X
51 Dihydrotestosterone (204X)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Medicines and schedules

At first always get DHEAs into proper range and give it time to work.

Second look at LH & FSH, if they are low and TT is low, there is no proper strength signal asking testis to produce more test---->secondary

Third look at E2 & DHT
If E2 is high and TT marginal, sometimes adding AI is all that may be need.
This may be the whole TRT.

If DHT low, when you come to need external T it will be transdermal.

If BAT is still low, next use HCG.

Using any shots,( HCG or Test) always be on EOD schedule and use 31Ga 5/16"long needle

From now on the first priority is to get maximum production from testis by inducing them with HCG.
HCG at high doses causes excessive E2 production.
Maximum HCG dose is defined as a such a HCG dose where E2 can be controlled with 1.5mg/week Arimidex dose, or less.
Keep in mind that very frequent Test or HCG injections are conducive to lowering E2.
There is a research that concludes that EOD dose of 306IU restores production of artficially shutted down heathy testis.
Also there are obserwations that testis can be induced to increase production by about 140% by adding additional HCG.
Bottom line HCG dose will vary within HCG(250-750)iu on EOD schedule.

The above HCG dose may result in achieving goals as posted above.
If not, time to add external testosterone.
Low DHT, use transdermal
High DHT use injectable

Average weekly dose size will vary depending on natural production and SHBG level.
Bottom line add as much as need to achieve BAT(460-575).
Starting weekly dose is usually 100mg/week but if SHBG is 25 or higher, consider strting with 150mg/week.

Blood testing every 2 months after any change of routine, until goals are achieved, then 6-12 months as a maintenance.