any already strong and developed people like westside for skinny bastards

chess315

chess315

Awards
just curious any more advanced trainers had any good experience with this

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
yes WS4SB but u gotta remember defranco made that for athetes if ur not playing a sport the volume is too little id say IMO.

chess315

chess315

Awards
yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing I know people always frown against changing these programs but I like the split and mabey keep the general format but add a little more of the hypertrophy greared excersizes. rather the floor presses and such stick with full range type movements that are applical to power lifting and body building some of the excersizes the choices proably arent the best for a a person trying to build out right mass. But I think if I stick with the benchs squats and dead and bentrows and such I would be good to go

chess315

chess315

Awards
it is somewhat similar to dc in a way I love full body rountines but sometimes at my strength I have to lower the volume so low to allow recovery it hurts me so I am a fan of the a b type split such as dc and this use to its kinda a pulled both ways type thing

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
it is somewhat similar to dc in a way I love full body rountines but sometimes at my strength I have to lower the volume so low to allow recovery it hurts me so I am a fan of the a b type split such as dc and this use to its kinda a pulled both ways type thing
umm im not sure where ur getting that its the same as DC training, from my understanding DC training is all about slow movement type **** threw the ROM.. IF you want a mass building westide routine look into matt reynolds raw westisde program. Also you dont do full ROM every week because that drains your central nervous system and taxes ur shoulders elbows and lower back too much. Here is a basic template i used

ME upper body movement- Hit a ORM and then drop set to 3 x 3, 3 x 5 or 4 x 3 one of those choices

Shoulder Movement- usually some sort of DB movement. 3 x 8-10

Upper Back MOvement- SOmething i can go heavy on and do 3-4 sets of 10 plus reps

Tricep movement 3 x 8-12 reps

tricep pulldowns 4 x F for tri endurance.

and for ur tricep movement dont pick ***** stuff, pick DB/Barbell extentions tate presses palms in DB press off the floor etc.. SHoulder movement should be Pressing movements. ME upper body movement should be floor press, pause press, low board presses or full ROM presses.

tahts how you would do a wsbb template for me upper

chess315

chess315

Awards
I didnt mean its the same but simialr in ways low volume and kinda a a,b type format I know it is totally goal differnt

chess315

chess315

Awards
me upperbody
A)bench 3-5 reps

B)D.B bench 3-4 sets if the hundreds are to light I may switch to inclines

C) Bentrow 3 seta

D)Reardelt machine or face pulls havent decided

E) abs

I may get on a machine at the end or before abs and do a few light arm pumping sets for my bis and tris
with this low volume that shouldnt be an issue

ME lower body

A) deadlifts

B) since I am not really an athlete there is no need for a unilateral movement I might try to throw in ! set of 20 rep squats I dont know though if I will be able to take the work load if not legpresses

C) legcurls

D) grip I will proably hang from a chin bar one handed as my back will be torched from the dead and squats

Rep upper body

A)225 max reps I may have to use 250 Idk

b)TRI'S proably overhead cable extensions with a few regular pressdowns thrown in to

C)chins 3 sets

D)D.B overhead press

E)curls 3 sets proably of max reps with around 115

I may come in on saturday and do 1 set of 20 rep squats I hate to elimnate squats but my goal is to ramp my dead to around 600 I have never pushed it like I should and think I have a lot of play there I would also like to finally raw bench 400 I am in a terrible enviorment for strenght training but am moving soon

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
me upperbody
A)bench 3-5 reps

your gonna plateau pretty quickly you need 3-4 movements to rotate

B)D.B bench 3-4 sets if the hundreds are to light I may switch to inclines

I would do incline which will hit a good bit of shoulders but no tricep work ? at all?

C) Bentrow 3 seta

D)Reardelt machine or face pulls havent decided

E) abs

I may get on a machine at the end or before abs and do a few light arm pumping sets for my bis and tris
with this low volume that shouldnt be an issue

light arm work sounds fine but your not doing any strength movement for your triceps. You wont achieve a big press this way.

ME lower body

A) deadlifts
what sets and reps? or you just gonna max every week or what?

B) since I am not really an athlete there is no need for a unilateral movement I might try to throw in ! set of 20 rep squats I dont know though if I will be able to take the work load if not legpresses

not sure if this will be achievable after deadlifting it might.

C) legcurls

You need to do more work for hamstrings leg extentions are not crucial.

D) grip I will proably hang from a chin bar one handed as my back will be torched from the dead and squats

Rep upper body

A)225 max reps I may have to use 250 Idk

b)TRI'S proably overhead cable extensions with a few regular pressdowns thrown in to

C)chins 3 sets

D)D.B overhead press

E)curls 3 sets proably of max reps with around 115

I may come in on saturday and do 1 set of 20 rep squats I hate to elimnate squats but my goal is to ramp my dead to around 600 I have never pushed it like I should and think I have a lot of play there I would also like to finally raw bench 400 I am in a terrible enviorment for strenght training but am moving soon
I would do the 20 rep squat saturday. your rep day looks fine will be alot better if you rotated max effort movements on your ME day and not just 3-5 rep regualr bench.

chess315

chess315

Awards
I appreciate your help I am prety knowledgable just its always good to get opinions I do think this would be a good workout for strength hypertrohpy if you drop the athletic stuff and use hypertrophy/powerlifting geared movements

chess315

chess315

Awards
I may more rotate my assitance because I need to hurry up and get my 400lb bench out of the way it has been a long time comming. I also want to drive my dead up pretty high I ahve really never took it real serious and have hit 505 just fooling around I wouldnnt be suprised if with a little power work I could get close to 600 easily

chess315

chess315

Awards
by the way I am 33 and dont have the best sleep habits so I tend to prefere 3 day a week training i would be good to go to the gym on saturday just for 1 set of ball to the wals 20 rep squats I would like to hit 300 for 20 I may have been able to at one point but never tried and squating is my nemisis lol

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
haha i hate squatting too and it seems like the higher your bench gets the more you have to notate movements. I mean try it out if your not too sure about it rotate 3 weeks like this

Floor Press
2 board
and FUll Rom

if not the 3 to 5 rep might work but the one thing that will hold you back is if your not doing heavy tri work otherwise ur set.