Accidentally reused an already used slin pin for test. Test ruined?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. Might be overthinking but just wanna make sure

Pinned my HCG this morning sub Q with a slin pin. Had a second one to draw my test but picked up the same pin by mistake that I used for my HCG and put it in my test. Wiped the test first with alcohol before doing so. Is my test ruined? It’s my prescribed test so can’t get another one

Thanks

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey guys. Might be overthinking but just wanna make sure

Pinned my HCG this morning sub Q with a slin pin. Had a second one to draw my test but picked up the same pin by mistake that I used for my HCG and put it in my test. Wiped the test first with alcohol before doing so. Is my test ruined? It’s my prescribed test so can’t get another one

Thanks
No it's fine but try not to do it again. There's alcohol in the oil so as long as no blood was transferred I would not worry about it. I've reused the same pin before while waiting on packs but I really try not to.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No it's fine but try not to do it again. There's alcohol in the oil so as long as no blood was transferred I would not worry about it. I've reused the same pin before while waiting on packs but I really try not to.
Same, ive ran out Of pins without knowing and used a slin pin 2 or 3 times. I wouldnt try it witj a 21g tho 🫨

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm not saying it's a good practice i'm just saying i've done it in a pinch.

Ryan40

Awards
You are ok, but it does freak you out the first time..