Anti Anxiety Supplements

AndyMaytag

Awards
After reading a book called the brain diet and watching the movie limitless, I've come to the conclusion that brain enhancement is entirely possible. I've been taking vitamineral green, San dr feel good, choline, acl carnetine, vinpocetine, raw ginger root and omega 3 (8k mg/day) and can tell there is a difference in my anxiety levels. I'm going to add piracetam and pramiracetam and see what that does. I would defiantly recommend this stuff

AndyMaytag

Awards
You based your conviction on a fiction movie? nice...
Maybe you misread my post.

I based my motivation on a fictional movie (you can't watch that movie without getting motivated!) my conviction is based on a book and a couple of weeks reading clinical trials on a score of different "nootropic" substances. Check it out there's facinating information out there.

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
Another thing that might help is a supplement with all trace minerals in it, sometimes trace mineral defficiencies may lead to depression, lethargy, even a wrecked libido. Might be another safe alternative to try, rather than going the rx route

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
GABA, valerian, ginseng, st johns wort, chamomile, distilled water, b complex with additional pantothenic acid, and like the guy above me said a good mineral complex

dyno

Awards
Wtf are you talking about? Do you wanna know what ills work the best for anxiety, such as prescriptions. Or if your talking about herbal meds I know a little about that, private message me

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why PM? Do you know a little secret that the rest of us don't?

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
Wtf are you talking about? Do you wanna know what ills work the best for anxiety, such as prescriptions. Or if your talking about herbal meds I know a little about that, private message me
Feel free to contribute any wisdom to this thread. I think suntheanine will be a staple in my supplement stacks from here on out tho.

annielizstan

Awards
Guess,
L-theanine, an amino acid found in green tea, is among the best anti-anxiety supplements.

Steve_W

Awards
I've found topical magnesium at night works really well in helping me sleep and to relax

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I stand behind l-theanine 100%. It works very well in combination with noots too.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I stand behind l-theanine 100%. It works very well in combination with noots too.

L theanine works very well, I've also had extremely good results using SNS Phenibut-XT.

kateean2

Awards
Phenibut is definitely worth a shot and we just added it to our line!

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its difficult to find a balance between knocking out (or reducing) anxiety WITHOUT causing too much

sedation and de-motivation. I thrive off of anxiety and accomplish more work with it nipping me in the arse.

However -- too much is obviously negative from a health stand-point and physique stand point too.

L-theanine has been mild enough to not completely knock me out.

Vpower mentioned something OVERLOOKED -- TRACE-MINERALS !

Mag and CAL prevent nervous tension and CAL has anxiolytic /tranquilizing effects

Selenium is a great anti oxidant and will also aid in reducing anxiousness.

-Matt

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
^ I wouldn't call Mg and Ca trace minerals, but I can agree that Mg has a nice "mellowing out" effect. Ca and Se not so much.

Steve_W

Awards
Topical mag is the way to go, I've used poloquin brand and I like it, anyone tried any other brands?

Baron08

Awards
I use Grean Tea............ Because L-theanine is a an amino acid which found in great tea. and it halps to reduce the anxiety. I think it is the best product as anti anxiety supplements.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The nice thing about l-theanine is the fact that it crosses the blood brain barrier so effectively and increases alpha brain waves. Alpha brain waves are the sign of a clear, relaxed mind. This isn't any bro science either, it has been proven in every study I have read (and there are a lot on l-theanine) to induce this on the participants.

I found that I don't need it like I used to since I found aniracetam, but in particularly stressful times, 100mg really takes the edge off.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Phenibut has worked great for me on occasion.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Taurine with magensium worked wonders for me when I was suffering anxiety caused by faulty adrenals!

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^ I wouldn't call Mg and Ca trace minerals, but I can agree that Mg has a nice "mellowing out" effect. Ca and Se not so much.
I jumped the gun -- yes true ionic trace minerals and elements would be in abundance of 72 or so, derived form seawater or rock etc...

I think balancing out all minerals & TRACE minerals could change the way a person feels in a positive way.

-Matt

Steve_W

Awards
I jumped the gun -- yes true ionic trace minerals and elements would be in abundance of 72 or so, derived form seawater or rock etc...

I think balancing out all minerals & TRACE minerals could change the way a person feels in a positive way.

-Matt
Hey Matt, can you elaborate on this? How would one go about doing this?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I recently read some studies on creatine having anti depressant properties which could translate to less anxiety. Also, beta alanine induced "bravery" in another study. Agmatine, gave me a good well being sense.

I tried theanine in the form of sun theanine and it helped me sleep but no anxyilotic effect. I drink a lot of green tea though so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Creatine should be a staple for everyone in my opinion though. Its been getting more and more praise in the medical community for being neuroprotective also. TONS of health benefits. Mono or MCC get on it.

I don't remember who posted it but Dramamine in a pinch oddly enough works for my mom (generalized anxiety).

Phenibut only when needed... Also, if anyone has spare time do a quick google search on phenibut passion
;) a fun little side benefit :D

- Valdez

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, just so everyone knows during times of stress/anxiety some individuals will have episodes of intense heartburn. The body will excrete extra stomach acid (hydrochloric acid) which will only make anxiety worse. Sometimes a quick fix is an antacid like gaviscon - liquid not chewable.

- Valdez

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
L-theanine. My wife swears by it. Worked better for her than any prescription she was given.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Herbs like passionflower and skullcap work very well in reducing tension and anxiety as well as easing some bouts of insomnia in mist individuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll add that rhodiola rosea might be looked into. It won't work as an anxyilotic in the sense that Aniracetam or l-theanine will, but it is an adaptogen and that helps the body deal with stress better. I found that it helps cope with high anxiety times by not allowing my mind and body to get as anxious, so it isn't as hard to come down from it.

Veritatis

Veritatis

Banned
Awards
Personally Demiurge definitely helped me become more outgoing and social. So, maybe look into some nootropics... another option is something like st johns wort, passion flower, or something calming like chamomile tea

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Over-taxed my adrenals through a combination of excessive stimulant use, training fasted and sever calorie restriction, which resulted in a series of symptoms, one of which was the randomn on-set of anxiety throught the day.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Personally Demiurge definitely helped me become more outgoing and social. So, maybe look into some nootropics... another option is something like st johns wort, passion flower, or something calming like chamomile tea
Demiurge is great for studying but it's anxiogenic man...

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, that is what I have read and several posters on here have mentioned the same. It seems it would be the opposite of making someone outgoing and social.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Yes, that is what I have read and several posters on here have mentioned the same. It seems it would be the opposite of making someone outgoing and social.
Well, it would make you more energetic and outgoing by virtue of its stimulant properties, but it would increase anxiety by the same mechanism.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right, I understand that part. I think what I was getting at was that if someone was prone to anxiety anyway, adding the energy in social situations would seem to be counterproductive. I think it is better to have a relaxed mind in social situations.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Right, I understand that part. I think what I was getting at was that if someone was prone to anxiety anyway, adding the energy in social situations would seem to be counterproductive. I think it is better to have a relaxed mind in social situations.
precisely. Just look at common medications for GAD, mechanistically speaking

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Simple... KAVA KAVA root (its like Xanax, but natty and without the sides) It has been a god send to me!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Cannabis and/or mindfulness meditation... along with a host of other mental methods of dealing with or eliminating anxiety.
yeah but it sucks when you mind makes anxiety out of the cannabis also. I have a medical card for severe spinal pain (car accident) and wen I have allot of stress and anxiety comes on and turns to panic... then even the cannabis seems to make it worse. sucks it can help or hurt depending on your thoughts.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Simple... KAVA KAVA root (its like Xanax, but natty and without the sides) It has been a god send to me!
Kava kava is pretty awesome for mellowing you out. I just wouldn't use it chronically due to potential health concerns (skin and liver damage)

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Herbs like passionflower and skullcap work very well in reducing tension and anxiety as well as easing some bouts of insomnia in mist individuals. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
I use this in a mix of herbs for sleep Valerian is a bit part of that mix. during the day I like kava though. sometimes ill have a weak tea of it during day.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah but it sucks when you mind makes anxiety out of the cannabis also. I have a medical card for severe spinal pain (car accident) and wen I have allot of stress and anxiety comes on and turns to panic... then even the cannabis seems to make it worse. sucks it can help or hurt depending on your thoughts.
That's probably because you are purchasing a sativa, when you need to be purchasing an indica or a blend.

As far as kava kava, yeah, it is pretty amazing- but it wipes me out and doesn't work in a social setting.

Veritatis

Veritatis

Banned
Awards
Experiencing anxiety from Demiurge is actually pretty rare, and usually doesn't occur unless higher dosages are used... such as 300 mg+. Overall, though present, the stimulating properties of demiurge are somewhat mild. Though I guess if you are already prone to anxiety it could make it worse.... regardless, do check out something like passion flower, Kava or chamomile tea

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
There are varieties of Kava that are more relaxing than others. Some actually hype me up and keep me awake. My adenoids usually get inflamed after using it so I do think the claims of mild toxicity are valid...or I have an allergy.

Reishi mushroom is actually pretty relaxing stuff as well but can give me insomnia in a dose dependent manner..ie higher doses seem to knock me out, but then I wake up a few hours later fully wired.

Relora and Theanine are my go-to stack for anti-axiety and fully alert and functional mode. If the stress is terrible, I will add in a quality lemon balm tincture (Herb Pharma).

Holy Basil is another good anxyolitic with cortisol and blood sugar controlling properties. At high doses, stacked with Relora it is also pretty good for burning fat.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
I use this in a mix of herbs for sleep Valerian is a bit part of that mix. during the day I like kava though. sometimes ill have a weak tea of it during day.
ohh yesss,, i used kava kava in the day time as well in the past with great mild calming results. Valerian root is super effective (at night only) if you can just get past the manure smell! lol

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
I have a herbal blend of Melissa,Mint,Chamomille,Valerian.

I also have GABA but I haven`t tried it yet.

Was looking into suntheanine,phenibut and kava.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Experiencing anxiety from Demiurge is actually pretty rare, and usually doesn't occur unless higher dosages are used... such as 300 mg+. Overall, though present, the stimulating properties of demiurge are somewhat mild. Though I guess if you are already prone to anxiety it could make it worse.... regardless, do check out something like passion flower, Kava or chamomile tea
You are confusing the situation here. If you have generalized anxiety disorder, as appears to be the case with OP, then demiurge is a very poor recommendation. In contrast, I would obviously not be afraid of recommending demiurge to someone who does not have a clinical condition and I use it regularly; but that has nothing to do with this thread, in which the OP is quite literally seeking out the exact opposite of what demiurge would provide.

Veritatis

Veritatis

Banned
Awards
You are confusing the situation here. If you have generalized anxiety disorder, as appears to be the case with OP, then demiurge is a very poor recommendation. In contrast, I would obviously not be afraid of recommending demiurge to someone who does not have a clinical condition and I use it regularly; but that has nothing to do with this thread, in which the OP is quite literally seeking out the exact opposite of what demiurge would provide.
I agree, and when I first made the post I didnt realize the situation. Though, afterwards I simply wanted to note that for those who don't suffer from a anxiety disorder, demiurge shouldn't provide it.

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
subscribing to this thread as it is relative to my interests. :)

i have some 5-htp......how should i dose it, guys?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I agree, and when I first made the post I didnt realize the situation. Though, afterwards I simply wanted to note that for those who don't suffer from a anxiety disorder, demiurge shouldn't provide it.
Yup, great product, I'm on bottle 6 right now