Peptides with anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds?

jetolech

Awards
So I confided in a girlfriend about the peptides I'm taking (and switching to). She's already leaner than I am and is much tighter in her eating than am I, but she is on anti-depression meds and asked me if I think she can start taking the same peptides as me. I told her that I have no clue and that she should ask her doc, and she said if she tells her doc she's thinking about taking peptides (or anything besides what he prescribes), he'll drop her as a patient (he's an anti-supplement person (doesn't even work out, so I believed her)). I found one article on an anti-aging website that said certain peptides are contraindicated with certain anti-depressants, but that website turned out to be an advertising website, so I don't really trust the info I found there. I did read that the pituitary has nothing to do with depression, so logic said she should be OK, but I haven't been able to find anything else yet, so am hoping someone here may have an idea...friends? thanks!

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Since peptides are technically not legal chemicals that have not been thoroughly researched there is no way to know how they will interact in a lot of ways in the human body, let alone with other drugs and medications.

If you went into your doctor and said "Hey, I'm thinking of taking this chemical off this website that's not FDA regulated or approved and has (probably) never been tested in humans, sourced from an unknown lab in China and then reconstituted in some guys bathtub in Albuquerque and injecting it into myself for several months" what do you think his response would be?

jetolech

Awards
pogue25...thanks for your response. Yep- you're right- she already knows what his response would be (probably very similar to what you said), but we are looking to see if anyone has done or read any research on peptides and depression. Sermorelin is "legal" and has been approved by the FDA; there are 34 studies published on clinicaltrials.gov (none on Sermorelin and depression, though), and there is published research on testosterone and depression. Like me with the stacking regiment I'm trying, I'm just wondering if any one has used any peptides or knows of any research on peptides with depression meds.