Another routine check

Can20

Awards
New to the forum and I would really like to get everyones advice. I am trying to get down a good solid routine to follow, but I am having difficulties. Any changes/ advice you can give me would be great! As you can see by my bench and squat below i have not been into PL for very long and i am still yet to get a good routine down.

PL 4 Day Split

Day 1: (mon)
Back Squats- 5x5
Front Squats- 3x5
Lunges a/o Cable Pulls- 3x5
Cardio

Day 2:(tues)
BORs- 5x5
TBARs- 3x5
Weighted Pullups- 3x5
Shrugs- 3x5
Abs

Day 3:(thurs)
Bench Press- 5x5
Incline Bench Press- 3x5
Military Press- 3x5
Deep Weighted Dips- 3x5
Cardio

Day 4: (fri)
DLs- 5x5
RDLs- 3x5
Curls (?)
Abs

Weight: 150
Height: 5,9
Bench: 185
Squat: 195 (ATG, almost kills me by the way)
Dead: 300 (also almost killed me)

Thanks in advance for any input.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
Well thats a good routine to get u nice and strong but how much experience lifting do u have? 5'9 and 150 seems a little light (no offense) and that may be a little to heavy on ur body. Overtraining is worse than not training enough. Just make sure to listen to your body, and if you gotta drop down some weight lifted dont sweat it..... you be stronger in the long run.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to AM!

Can20

Awards
thanks for the reply!

I agree with you about my weight. I have been lifting (as in not using machines and randomly walking around the gym) for just under 6 months. I used to weight 130 pounds, so i feel i have made some good progress so far, but i would like to go further with that.

thank you again for your advice, i think i will try this routine and as you said see how i feel and then make modifications from that point.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
sure thing dood. Really u can take most advice here on AM and run with it...there are some really knowlegable guys. But it boils down to you busting your ass in the gym and learning as you go. trail by fire!