Animal Barbell Club

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Looks like there is going to be lots of lifting and eating going on?

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
So... Anything on tap for this weekend...? We're going to have a Washington (Seattle) One on the 2nd weekend of December...

scals17

Awards
Easton 11/29

Looking forward to the Easton ABC Hg. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to the Easton ABC Hg. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Had a great time there bro. You going to S&S this weekend? There is more punishment to be had!

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I heard there was a very nice ABC this past weekend in PA. Got a phone call about how pumped one of my boys was at the event.

G Diesel

G Diesel

Awards
Strong & Shapely this weekend is gonna be a banger... An ABC of epic proportions. Peace, G

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I heard there was a very nice ABC this past weekend in PA. Got a phone call about how pumped one of my boys was at the event.
The rumors are true B, it was a crazy good time.

Strong & Shapely this weekend is gonna be a banger... An ABC of epic proportions. Peace, G
Looking forward to this one G!

Hg

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
I heard some great things about Strong and Shapely... Should definitely be awesome, and a killer crew will be onhand...

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like it G.. And with an opportunity to score a free Animal Skullie, it's all gravy.

Big Wides

Big Wides

Awards
Yeah I'd be fibbing if I said I wasn't excited for S&S.....its going to be a good one I just don't know what to train. It's either chest or legs

G Diesel

G Diesel

Awards
Yeah I'd be fibbing if I said I wasn't excited for S&S.....its going to be a good one I just don't know what to train. It's either chest or legs
Chest it is my brother... The Justice League reunites. Peace, G

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
60+? Gonna be crazy for sure... Evan Centopani and Vinny Galanti are gonna be there, right?

This is an open invite for any AM board members who are within driving distance to East Rutherford NJ. If you're interested, speak up here: Jersey Animals - the F O R V M

Just posted the info up in the main Promotion section: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/110708-abcs.html#post1688505

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Rumor has it Evan was large and in charge at 3+ :eek:

Need some of yall big boys down south for some ABCs...

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Final count I heard on that one was 78 strong... That's a lot of Animals moving some serious weight!!!

G Diesel

G Diesel

Awards
Final count I heard on that one was 78 strong... That's a lot of Animals moving some serious weight!!!
There was good energy in that room... When you are around that kind of a vibe, there is no way you can't grow and improve. That is why I love the ABCs; for selfish reasons--they make me better. Peace, G

King Con

Awards
  • Established
There was good energy in that room... When you are around that kind of a vibe, there is no way you can't grow and improve. That is why I love the ABCs; for selfish reasons--they make me better. Peace, G
I set a few PRs at the last one. Looking forward for more...

NickSP

NickSP

Awards
Another one coming up

CT

Jan 10, 12 PM
Gold's Gym
31 Bernhard Road
North Haven, Connecticut 06473

Rumor has it a lot of those big names will be here as well

Edit for the date, good call hoomgar

Last edited:
Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Another one coming up

CT

12 PM
Gold's Gym
31 Bernhard Road

Is there a date Nick?

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
I am starting to recruit people to get a chapter rolling here at Ft Campbell, and Middle TN. I notice some intrest for people in the Middle TN area. Would like to know if there are any Ft Campbell Soldiers out there interested.

I know many of the Ft Campbell Soldiers are coming home, and base gyms are slow, but start looking for flyers with my contact info.

If you are interested, please PM me here or post your interest on the Boards over at the FORVM.

If there is not enough interest in the Middle TN area, I will simply do what I can to coordinate for a FT Campbell chapter by itself.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I am starting to recruit people to get a chapter rolling here at Ft Campbell, and Middle TN. I notice some intrest for people in the Middle TN area. Would like to know if there are any Ft Campbell Soldiers out there interested.

I know many of the Ft Campbell Soldiers are coming home, and base gyms are slow, but start looking for flyers with my contact info.

If you are interested, please PM me here or post your interest on the Boards over at the FORVM.

If there is not enough interest in the Middle TN area, I will simply do what I can to coordinate for a FT Campbell chapter by itself.

Good work A, get it rolling bro.

Hg

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Another one coming up

CT

Jan 10, 12 PM
Gold's Gym
31 Bernhard Road

Edit for the date, good call hoomgar
You mean big names like me? :bb3:

I'll be there Nick

NickSP

NickSP

Awards
You mean big names like me? :bb3:

I'll be there Nick
Yeah, something like that...

It's been confirmed that Evan "Ox" Centopani, Vinny Galanti and PJ Braun will be there this Saturday.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to the ABC at the Arnold... :head:

King Con

Awards
  • Established
From the Eyes of B Con... (The National ABC Coverage at Metro Fitness in Columbus)

Upon walking into Metro Fitness, the atmosphere is definitely something worthy of admiration. At my current gym, I am the only member below 30 and looking to compete. In fact, the only thing at my gym that matches the level of greatness that was echoed through the halls of Metro, is the copy of Flex magazine that I brought in for others to read. Seriously, the environment alone was well worth it. Honestly, I was beat from working all day at the Cage and didn't know how great of a session I would be able to get. But that was all forgotten when I just stepped inside and saw how eager everyone was to just go after it.

What made the atmosphere that great? At the drop of a hat there were pros, amateurs, and others just busting their ass to progress and be better than they were yesterday. If you had a question or were unsure about something, you just walked up and asked someone there. To see these guys in real life and outside a magazine pictorial made it something special. What was really good, is how down to earth everyone was. They were all there for the same reasons. One common bond... the iron.

During the ABC, the doors are only opened at Metro for the Forvm members, the pros, those wearing the black Animal Ts... it really couldn't get more exclusive. Whatever you wanted to train, you could just jump in with someone training the same thing. The brotherhood was very helpful and motivating in itself.

After taking the moment in, I went to work and hit up back with Big C. It was so damn hot in that place I really thought at times I was going to pass out. I drank a whole gallon of water in there and was dying. Besides the heat, it was great using a lot of machines I don't have the privilege to use. For instance, not only did I get to use a wicked hammer strength machine to focus on some rows, but I also got a tip from Ox in the process who we worked in with for that brief set.

I saw everything from Wrath having insane vascularity in his arms after a brief warm up, to Vinny hitting some deep squats, to Big Ant running my two friends through the ringer on the leg press. Even saw G destroying some delts and Hola blasting the guns. It was a great time for all. They were going around taking photos and filming some as well. Really upped the ante. To see all the black shirts and other dedicated Forvm members really helped you appreciate the moment--because at that time everyone was working to progress and working together. Taking in this sight was wonderful and really emphasized what the ABCs are all about.

After solid workouts all around, everyone split to get some food. I ended up at Max and Ermas with everyone for some laughs, stories, jokes, and some good food. I really don't think it could have gotten any better.

To me the ABCs have always been about brotherhood and finding that common bond between like minded individuals. I couldn't think of a better way to depict that than this past weekend in Columbus. Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff B, thanks for sharing that bro.

Hg

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Anybody know what the final head count was on this...?

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff B, thanks for sharing that bro.

Hg
Anytime HG.

Anybody know what the final head count was on this...?
Looked to be over a 100. You be the judge... keep in mind there were some not pictured.

who won for the Bros vs pros?
This is what I remember...

Big Al over G I think like 41 to 33 (I think) for big G.

Freak over Rage 25 - 19... this was very close.

House over Hola 35 to I think Hola had 31 reps.

Big C over Ox 33 to 20.

Didn't make it there Sunday...

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Anytime HG.

Looked to be over a 100. You be the judge... keep in mind there were some not pictured.

This is what I remember...

Big Al over G I think like 41 to 33 (I think) for big G.

Freak over Rage 25 - 19... this was very close.

House over Hola 35 to I think Hola had 31 reps.

Big C over Ox 33 to 20.

Didn't make it there Sunday...
Great pic. 100+ this year, 200+ next year. Can the gym hold that much???

Hollywood97

Hollywood97

Awards
This is a repost from my journey and log, but i wanted to put it in here.

My experience training with the Pros

I was fortunate enough to be picked to hit shoulders with G Diesel. I had stuck to my supps all day, Pak, Test, Stak, Pump and Storm (Thanks J-Dawg!), I knew I would need them.

After the gym cleared out I headed downstairs to track down G. He was hanging out by the Military press. Rod, another member selected (sorry, not sure of his forvm name), showed up so I thought we were ready, I WAS WRONG! Big Al came strolling over and asked if he could join. Wow, now my blood was really pumping. THEN Bobby Fields came over to join us! Holy hell! We were in for it!

We started out with the Mil. Press, warmed up, then started adding plates. G was practically reading my mind on what jumps for me to make. G, Big Al, and Bobby worked their way up to 275 for reps, then dropped down to 246 for reps. I believe Rod and myself never went over 165, then dropped to 145.

Then we moved on to DB side raises. I made my way up to 35s, but "The Big 3" went way past that. In fact, I saw Big Al using the 100s! I was in awe. McFly was standing there and acted like it was no big deal, he said he's seen him use 130s! FREAK! After four sets we moved on to Machine Side Raises.

G decided it would be a drop set. The Big 3 used 15 plates (stack) to failure, then 10 plates, then 5. I was fried already by the time it was my turn, but there was no quit in me. I'm not sure what my drops were but I can tell you I was torched afterwards. I could not feel myself movin' the plates. On my last drop I was smoked by 10 reps but Big Al wasn't going to let me stop. He got me to knock out another 10 reps! Of course I think he was moving the weight more than me!

Next was machine rear delts. 4 more grueling high rep sets. You could tell the ABC was winding down but G wasn't finished with us yet. It was time for some BB shrugs. The Big 3 moved up to 5 plates while Rod and myself moved up to 4. I was quite happy with that.

The ABC then came to a close, finishing it up with the group photo. I want to give out a HUGE THANKS to G for selecting me to train with him, it was truly an honor. As for Big Al and Bobby joining in, that made the experience truly memorable. Thanks to Universal/Animal for making events like this happen, I hope you all know the impact it has on all of us, the legion.

My fiance, Ashley, got some great pics and some awesome video. I had to order a new USB cable so I can upload it. As soon as it gets in, I'll get everything posted.

Thanks,

Ryan

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Seattle area ABC, in conjunction with The Emerald Cup...

April 18th, 2009
Iron Works Gym
Owner Tim Ennis
12708 Northup Way
Bellevue, WA
425-883-6006
http://iron-works.com/
It's going to run from 2-4, and eats will be at Red Robin...

Those attending:
ragingmuscle
Mr. Dead
dd2inxs
Temper
Jonisocool
excessive endorphins
(your name here...)

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
Wow, thats a lot of experience and weight in one room. Surprised the floor held up. Awesome pic!

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
100+ for an ABC is awesome, no doubt about it. Still, to me, the ABCs aren't about size or how many attend... It's about the spirit. Of lifters getting together to lift. Here's the Sweden ABC. Not as many people obviously, but they understand the true meaning of the Animal Barbell Club:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=665521#post665521

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Upcoming Seattle Area ABC in Conjunction with the Emerald Cup...

April 18th, 2009
Iron Works Gym
Owner Tim Ennis
12708 Northup Way
Bellevue, WA
425-883-6006
http://iron-works.com/
It's going to run from 2-4, and eats will be at Red Robin...

Those attending:
ragingmuscle
Mr. Dead
dd2inxs
Temper
Jonisocool
excessive endorphins
OregonGrownBamBam +?
(your name here...)