ALR Humapro

compan

compan

Awards
and the too much time on their hands award goes to...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because the ingredients individually have been individually shown in human and/or animal studies to have effects that will be desirable in humans

--

The analogy you're looking for would be this:

Performax labs claims that AlphaMax is literally superior to injecting testosterone, and in fact suffices as a total replacement for testosterone.

Given that ALRI claims that HumaPro is literally superior than consuming protein, and cites "research" that claims that people can literally build muscle, while losing weight, while crossing a desert, while consuming literally zero protein.
MAP's website also compares it to steroids, and has some rather laughable comparisons/statements.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol this is hilarious.....so people want to follow science and have their panties in a bunch when someone simply posts that, regardless of science, the product has shown to be effective

science is not the end all be all, stop basing 100% of your beliefs on someone elses work, take the product and see how you feel about the product yourself, combine that with the science and you'll be surprised as to how your thoughts change

I swear if a "study" came out saying theres no caffeine in a cup of coffee....you'd say, well I'm not drinking coffee anymore, the years of it waking me up was placebo
There is a WORLD of difference between believing or not believing science and basing your formulations on literal by the book academic fraud.

I've softened over the years on expecting published clinical human data for every ingredient. But I'll never soften on bull****.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vaughn: The science seems weird, I don't get why Humapro gets such amazing reviews, but it does...which is cool

Everyone else: BUT THE SCIENCE DOESN'T ADD UP!

Vaughn: Yea...I get that and I'm not disagreeing. It is weird. But anecdotal reports are flipping amazing, I don't understand why.

Everyone else: BUT THE SCIENCE SAYS IT SHOULDN'T WORK

Vaughn: Yea, it's weird. Glad to see people who use it seem to think its amazing though regardless of what science says

Everyone else: BUT THE SCIENCE SAYS IT CANT WORK

Vaughn: soo...how many more times do I need to repeat myself?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is a WORLD of difference between believing or not believing science and basing your formulations on literal by the book academic fraud.

I've softened over the years on expecting published clinical human data for every ingredient. But I'll never soften on bull****.
I can throw together a random amounts of aminos without scientific backing on the amounts.....if people like the product or get results, who the hell cares

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MAP's website also compares it to steroids, and has some rather laughable comparisons/statements.
directly from performax labs website:

In clinical studies, ecdysterone has increased muscle mass up by 6-7% while simultaneously decreasing fat mass by 10%

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought all russian ecdy studies were fraudulent? why is performax claiming them as legit on their website?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought all russian ecdy studies were fraudulent? why is performax claiming them as legit on their website?
I think there's a big difference between literally fabricating studies, making up co-authors names and research institutes you apparently performed studies at, while claiming professional degrees you do not have and soviet ecdysterone studies.

And while it doesn't mention that the test subject in that study is rodents, a clinical study that was actually performed did indeed show ecdysterone increasing muscle mass and reducing fat.

This compared to a study being cited that was never actually performed claiming that MAP can be a complete substitute for 100% of all dietary protein.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're really grasping at straws here my friend. Even if this is the case, what on earth does it have to do with MAP, and how would my answering this question somehow help clarify the questions posed regarding MAP and the research conducted on it? It is a clear sign that you have no response to my actual points/questions when, instead of addressing them, you change the topic entirely to something completely unrelated in an attempt to undermine my credibility. This is fallacious logic 101. Why don't you bring up that I failed a math test in high school while we're at it?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're really grasping at straws here my friend. Even if this is the case, what on earth does it have to do with MAP, and how would my answering this question somehow help clarify the questions posed regarding MAP and the research conducted on it? It is a clear sign that you have no response to my actual points/questions when, instead of addressing them, you change the topic entirely to something completely unrelated in an attempt to undermine my credibility. This is fallacious logic 101. Why don't you bring up that I failed a math test in high school while we're at it?
I mean, it would have a lot to do with them citing fraudulent MAP studies if you were here criticizing them for that while pushing products that also cite fraudulent studies :p I think that's the point he was trying to make.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what it has to do with MAP is that Humapro utilizes the exact same formula as what was supposedly studied.

So if you want to rag on ALRI for citing a study such as those used on MAP, why aren't you ragging on Performax for citing studies from soviest wall up time Russia on ecdysteroids which have been demonstrably proven as false?

brbr lemme increase LBM by 7% and lose 10% BF from ecdysterone.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what it has to do with MAP is that Humapro utilizes the exact same formula as what was supposedly studied.

So if you want to rag on ALRI for citing a study such as those used on MAP, why aren't you ragging on Performax for citing studies from soviest wall up time Russia on ecdysteroids which have been demonstrably proven as false?

brbr lemme increase LBM by 7% and lose 10% BF from ecdysterone.
You completely missed my point. Either that or it's just a strawman on your part. What Performax does/says has absolutely nothing to do with this. In fact, I'm not "ragging" on anyone for citing these studies at all, and I'm not even saying the studies are invalid/fabricated, only that they do nothing to prove that MAP is truly an "ideal" or "optimal" or "perfect" ratio of amino acids, only that it is a suitable replacement for (often suboptimal) whole/intact protein. My point is that this is consistent with EAAs in general, and nothing here leads me to believe that MAP is superior to 6-10g EAAs with 3-5g leucine.

TL;DR: I agree MAP can be a suitable replacement for whole/intact protein, and is a nice EAA supplement. However, nothing leads me to believe that it is the ideal/perfect ratio of amino acids, so that claim still seems completely unsubstantiated.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TL;DR: I agree MAP can be a suitable replacement for whole/intact protein, and is a nice EAA supplement. However, nothing leads me to believe that it is the ideal/perfect ratio of amino acids, so that claim still seems completely unsubstantiated.
You don't think a fake doctor found the secret formula to life the universe and gains?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You don't think a fake doctor found the secret formula to life the universe and gains?
We know that the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything is 42. It's simple math from there to arrive at the doses used in MAP.

Since Vaughn is so hellbent on talking about Performax, take PowerMax XT, which has 6g WPH and an added 3g leucine. Now, I'm not going to claim that this is some "magic ratio," where any other dose(s) is at least somewhat inferior. That's crazy talk. All I can say is that it is designed to increase MPS to the same degree as a larger (standard) amount of Whey protein, to what we can say is the maximal or ideal level. I have seen nothing to suggest that we can increase MPS beyond that point from protein/amino acids alone. If we can get to that point in different ways, it calls into question there being any one perfect ratio that will be better than all others in terms of effectiveness. Maybe the ideal ratio can get you to maximal MPS with a slightly lower dose than other ratios, but the data on MAP doesn't really even point towards that, as they use 10g, which is a pretty standard, even relatively high, dose of EAAs. Is it superior to 10g EAAs with 5g leucine content? If not, how/why is it the ideal ratio?

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
The hundreds of studies on the effects of singular amino acids and the relatively low doses required for many of them to have an effect. It's been my theory for many years now. I wasn't a big fan of Humapro until I really looked at it and tried it. I like the product a lot for recovery but also, I think it plays an important role in an advanced bodybuilder. No doubt you can get good results with Whey and Hydrolyzed proteins, but I also think there are many aspects to nutrition that are not well understood.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
We know that the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything is 42. It's simple math from there to arrive at the doses used in MAP.

Since Vaughn is so hellbent on talking about Performax, take PowerMax XT, which has 6g WPH and an added 3g leucine. Now, I'm not going to claim that this is some "magic ratio," where any other dose(s) is at least somewhat inferior. That's crazy talk. All I can say is that it is designed to increase MPS to the same degree as a larger (standard) amount of Whey protein, to what we can say is the maximal or ideal level. I have seen nothing to suggest that we can increase MPS beyond that point from protein/amino acids alone. If we can get to that point in different ways, it calls into question there being any one perfect ratio that will be better than all others in terms of effectiveness. Maybe the ideal ratio can get you to maximal MPS with a slightly lower dose than other ratios, but the data on MAP doesn't really even point towards that, as they use 10g, which is a pretty standard, even relatively high, dose of EAAs. Is it superior to 10g EAAs with 5g leucine content? If not, how/why is it the ideal ratio?
I think both EAA's in hydrolyzed form and singular form have a place and I think that they both have benefits. Which is "better" well that is really dependent on what one is using them for...

EAA's usually taste like hell and I find them a little hard to digest right before a workout but HumaPro on the other hand can be taken directly before a workout and I don't feel any sickness or bloating.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The hundreds of studies on the effects of singular amino acids and the relatively low doses required for many of them to have an effect. It's been my theory for many years now. I wasn't a big fan of Humapro until I really looked at it and tried it. I like the product a lot for recovery but also, I think it plays an important role in an advanced bodybuilder. No doubt you can get good results with Whey and Hydrolyzed proteins, but I also think there are many aspects to nutrition that are not well understood.
Comparing "low" doses of amino acids like theanine to EAAs is akin to comparing apples to oranges, at best. Take theanine for example, doses as low as 50mg (but often 100-200mg) have had benefits. That's a very "low" dose (in mg), but a cup of tea actually contains only around 20mg theanine, so that 50mg is actually the equivalent amount of 2.5 cups of tea; while it's a "low" mg dose, it's not really a "low" amount in the scheme of things, just like 20mg of yohimbine isn't "low" just because it's only a few milligrams. Or tryptophan, where 1-2g is effective. That's "low" I suppose, but it doesn't seem so low when you consider that a pound of turkey only contains 300-400mg, and the average adult intake per day is ~250-425mg, so 1g is 2-4x that amount. Or ornithine, where 400-500mg can have effects. Is that low when you'd have to consume over half a pound of corbicula (a clam high in ornithine content) EXTRACT to get that 400-500mg? It's all relative really.

I do agree that EAAs (not just MAP, but any solid dose of EAAs), are better than Whey concentrate/isolate or other intact/whole protein sources in the context of intra-workout use. WPH is also superior to those whole/intact sources too. What we don't know is how EAAs compare to WPH here, only that the are both effective options. That seems like a happy middle ground, and, more importantly, a factually accurate and research-supported claim.

I think both EAA's in hydrolyzed form and singular form have a place and I think that they both have benefits. Which is "better" well that is really dependent on what one is using them for...

EAA's usually taste like hell and I find them a little hard to digest right before a workout but HumaPro on the other hand can be taken directly before a workout and I don't feel any sickness or bloating.
I can agree with this. I think it's best we just end on some common ground. Bulk EAAs really don't taste good, so if HumaPro tastes good, that's definitely a plus. I personally have had success with EAAs+leucine and WPH+leucine intra-workout (even better with Gatorade powder), which also helps the taste of bulk EAA/leucine. As I said before, EAAs and WPH have both been shown to be superior to intact/whole protein sources in the context of intra-workout use. I can't say one is more effective than the other though, as I'm not aware of any research comparing the two. Can we just say they seem to both work? There's more than one way to skin a cat.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
. Bulk EAAs really don't taste good, so if HumaPro tastes good, that's definitely a plus. I personally have had success with EAAs+leucine and WPH+leucine intra-workout (even better with Gatorade powder), which also helps the taste of bulk EAA/leucine.
I for one will say. HUMAPRO tastes fantastic. Strawberry Kiwi, Sour Green Apple, Sweat Tea, and Mandarin Orange are my top flavors

Green Apple has been my go to and staple for a while now

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I don't disagree with anything that you've written. What I am saying is that 500mg of Tryptophan in a scoop of whey is simply not going to give a calming effect like a 500mg capsule of Tryptophan. The Theanine example is a better one. A 20 ounce Tea isn't going to give the same response as taking L-Theanine in a tablet.

EAA's are amazing too. I used to have a blended EAA from Hydrolyzed Whey / Collagen along with a BCAA blend in a single product and I loved it! Absolutely more than one way to skin a cat and also remember that this is a hobby and things like good taste are important.

Some things in this business I just can't explain. For example I used to take 10g of Hydromax (we had a bunch at our warehouse) and get NOTHING out of it and now I take 4 tablets of Hi-Tech Hydromax tablets and I get sick pumps. WHY? Lord, why must you confuse me like this...lol 2.5g in a tablet works and 10g in liquid doesn't? Some things are just a mystery.

One thing I LOVE about HumaPro is the addition of Bitter Melon, because this ingredient is simply under rated and should be taken with every meal, but especially those that mix carbs with protein.

Hack75

Hack75

Awards
Look what I did.

I just wanted to know if Humapro was a worthwhile product and if the sweet tea flavor good.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look what I did.

I just wanted to know if Humapro was a worthwhile product and if the sweet tea flavor good.

It's no more or less worthwhile than any other equivalently dosed BCAA/EAA product.

As a BCAA/EAA product it's pretty cheap and the flavoring is good.

Use it at times when you need free form amino acids (endurance workouts for example)

But I'd strongly suggest you ignore dietary protein replacement claims

Sorry if arguing about science got the thread derailed from your initial question :p

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look what I did.

My bad. I think it's a solid EAA supplement, and can be used as an intra-workout or to keep MPS high with minimal calories, but I also wanted to point out that there doesn't seem to be any "magic/ideal" ratio of amino acids that would make it superior to any properly dosed EAA supplement. That said, EAAs are great, better than BCAAs IMO and according to research. I can't comment on flavor, but it seems like people say it tastes good. Also, based on the supplement facts (total dose of EAAs and leucine), I'd recommend using 2 scoops (10g EAAs). That does also seem to be what the studies on it used. The 10g should provide 1.827-2.735g leucine (see images below from MAP patent and study). At 5g that's 0.914-1.827g leucine, which is under the 3g the majority of research says you want to be at to maximize MPS. Conversely, you could use 1 scoop and add 1-2g leucine (to keep the cost down), but that may effect the taste and, if the "ideal ratio" is to be believed, would not be advised.
IMG_5864.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's no more or less worthwhile than any other equivalently dosed BCAA/EAA product.

As a BCAA/EAA product it's pretty cheap and the flavoring is good.

Use it at times when you need free form amino acids (endurance workouts for example)

But I'd strongly suggest you ignore dietary protein replacement claims

Sorry if arguing about science got the thread derailed from your initial question :p
I would say EAA>BCAA though, provided 3-5g leucine in each.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I had the sweet tea Mesomorph and it was amazing. So, I am sure the HumaPro is just as good.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look what I did.

Its a good product

Depends on what you are using it for...i used to use it for intra...but to me the difference between an eaa product or bcas product intra makes no difference...in fact i just use a random mixture of things in a tub now and experience the same benefits

Where i like humapro is my breakfast meal...i dont do well with eggs...so i use eggs and humapro to MPS but i dont get the bloat and crappy feeling i would get if i did straight eggs or eggs and whey

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Its a good product

Depends on what you are using it for...i used to use it for intra...but to me the difference between an eaa product or bcas product intra makes no difference...in fact i just use a random mixture of things in a tub now and experience the same benefits

Where i like humapro is my breakfast meal...i dont do well with eggs...so i use eggs and humapro to MPS but i dont get the bloat and crappy feeling i would get if i did straight eggs or eggs and whey
I live off of eggs man. I love them as my primary protein source.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I live off of eggs man. I love them as my primary protein source.
They give me stomach problems...almost nausea feeling

3 or 4 is fine....get to 5 or above in a single sitting an things get ugly

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Now oddly enough I can't do Chicken unless I absolutely have to like today. Chicken tastes like playdoh to me and I hate the ****. I read an article once and it was spot on. It was a bloodtype kind of article and said "You don't digest chicken well" and that's the truth right there for the breast. Turkey breast no problem but chicken breast and I may as well eat dry oats lol

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Now oddly enough I can't do Chicken unless I absolutely have to like today. Chicken tastes like playdoh to me and I hate the ****. I read an article once and it was spot on. It was a bloodtype kind of article and said "You don't digest chicken well" and that's the truth right there for the breast. Turkey breast no problem but chicken breast and I may as well eat dry oats lol
Cook it better :p

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cook it better :p
Haha, that applies to everything. The difference between good (properly cooked) food and poorly cooked food is massive IMO. Chicken, turkey, burgers, steaks, fish, etc. Eggs are usually a pretty safe bet though, and rice, so it still boggles my mind when a restaurant serves hard/bad rice.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quick question, since I am genuinely curious about MAP and have been reading through the full texts of all the studies (and the patent) on it:

Why do they use net "net nitrogen utilization" (NNU) as an indicator/predictor of protein synthesis in all of these studies? It appears that the logic/reasoning here is that the higher NNU of MAP relative to dietary proteins will result in higher protein synthesis, but if that is the case, and NNU is, as they say in their papers, a "precursor" to protein synthesis, why not just measure protein synthesis if that's the end goal? Is it because we already know that we can optimize/maximize protein synthesis (MPS) with a variety of foods/proteins provided sufficient quantities of EAAs and leucine? It seems like the most logical thing that MAP can hope to do is optimize MPS at a lower dose than other sources of protein and/or amino acids. There is not valid reason as to why MAP would be able to increase MPS to a greater degree than what we would consider optimal/maximal, and their research doesn't even seem to suggest that it can. Perhaps MAP can get to this ideal/optimal/maximal protein synthesis at a lower dose than dietary/whole/intact protein (food), and maybe also at a lower dose than other combinations of EAAs. That's cool/useful, especially if keeping calories as low as possible is a concern, but that still doesn't point towards it actually being superior (in absolute terms of protein synthesis) than other sources of protein and/or amino acids provided ideal/sufficient EAA/leucine content. Also, it doesn't look like anyone besides M. Luca-Moretti (the guy who invented/patented MAP, and also the guy who conducted ALL of the studies on it it seems) uses NNU as an indicator of protein synthesis, which makes sense, as just measuring protein synthesis (MPS) seems to make more sense than measuring "NNU" and assuming that it acts as a precursor for protein synthesis. Also, is there any research on the validity of NNU as an effective/worthwhile measurement? Who came up with NNU? Did Luc-Moretti also come up with some new measurement to conduct studies on the formula he also created? I have no idea, so I'm hoping someone could clear this up. Also, if anyone wants to see the full texts to the studies on MAP, I have PDFs of them, but they're pretty easy to find on the internet for the most part. Same with the patent.

Edit: I just realized that my post is a wall of text that obscures my questions, so here they are:

-Why use NNU as a precursor for protein synthesis instead of just measuring protein synthesis (MPS)?
-What exactly is NNU? Who came up with this measurement? Is there research supporting its validity? Do any other studies besides Luc-Moretti's use it? Etc.

Bonus Question: Are there any studies on MAP that weren't conducted by the man who invented/patented them?

mytreefiddy

mytreefiddy

Awards
I swear by it... Been using it for years.....I only use it in a cutting protocol...... great product.... Love Rocket Pop and Mandarin Orange

pro45

Awards
I just use meat and eggs as a substitute for this product. And protein powder.

Reactions: Nac
mytreefiddy

mytreefiddy

Awards
I just use meat and eggs as a substitute for this product. And protein powder.
ALL have calories.... whereas Humapro (EAA's) hardly have any.... that's what makes them so great in a cut.... replace a few meals and you'll automatically be in a deficit without even trying....

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Quick question, since I am genuinely curious about MAP and have been reading through the full texts of all the studies (and the patent) on it:

Why do they use...
"Where there is confusion, there is profit"
I first heard that genius observation attributed to the Chairman of ATT. Way back when it was a regulated monopoly.
Drops mic... :D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Why do they use net "net nitrogen utilization" (NNU) as an indicator/predictor of protein synthesis in all of these studies? It appears that the logic/reasoning here is that the higher NNU of MAP relative to dietary proteins will result in higher protein synthesis, but if that is the case, and NNU is, as they say in their papers, a "precursor" to protein synthesis, why not just measure protein synthesis if that's the end goal? Is it because we already know that we can optimize/maximize protein synthesis (MPS) with a variety of foods/proteins provided sufficient quantities of EAAs and leucine? It seems like the most logical thing that MAP can hope to do is optimize MPS at a lower dose than other sources of protein and/or amino acids. There is not valid reason as to why MAP would be able to increase MPS to a greater degree than what we would consider optimal/maximal, and their research doesn't even seem to suggest that it can. Perhaps MAP can get to this ideal/optimal/maximal protein synthesis at a lower dose than dietary/whole/intact protein (food), and maybe also at a lower dose than other combinations of EAAs. That's cool/useful, especially if keeping calories as low as possible is a concern, but that still doesn't point towards it actually being superior (in absolute terms of protein synthesis) than other sources of protein and/or amino acids provided ideal/sufficient EAA/leucine content. Also, it doesn't look like anyone besides M. Luca-Moretti (the guy who invented/patented MAP, and also the guy who conducted ALL of the studies on it it seems) uses NNU as an indicator of protein synthesis, which makes sense, as just measuring protein synthesis (MPS) seems to make more sense than measuring "NNU" and assuming that it acts as a precursor for protein synthesis. Also, is there any research on the validity of NNU as an effective/worthwhile measurement? Who came up with NNU? Did Luc-Moretti also come up with some new measurement to conduct studies on the formula he also created? I have no idea, so I'm hoping someone could clear this up. Also, if anyone wants to see the full texts to the studies on MAP, I have PDFs of them, but they're pretty easy to find on the internet for the most part. Same with the patent.

Edit: I just realized that my post is a wall of text that obscures my questions, so here they are:

-Why use NNU as a precursor for protein synthesis instead of just measuring protein synthesis (MPS)?
-What exactly is NNU? Who came up with this measurement? Is there research supporting its validity? Do any other studies besides Luc-Moretti's use it? Etc.

Bonus Question: Are there any studies on MAP that weren't conducted by the man who invented/patented them?
Why do they use that? Because the guy isn't actually a doctor or scientist and doesn't actually understand anything.

Nobody uses NNU for MPS because measuring nitrogen intake to urine excretion to determine MPS is not accurate.

You're vastly overanalyzing the scammy writings of a charlatan.

--

NNU is a valid metric, just not for the sake of measuring MPS. It has mostly been retired in favor of PDCAAS, which takes into account digestion efficiency/solid waste excretion instead of just urine excretion.

--

Bonus answer: No, also notably, there aren't any studies conducted by the man who patented MAP either, because if you call any of the places that he allegedly performed studies with, they've never heard of him and never performed studies for him.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Why do they use that? Because the guy isn't actually a doctor or scientist and doesn't actually understand anything.

Nobody uses NNU for MPS because measuring nitrogen intake to urine excretion to determine MPS is not accurate.

You're vastly overanalyzing the scammy writings of a charlatan.

--

NNU is a valid metric, just not for the sake of measuring MPS. It has mostly been retired in favor of PDCAAS, which takes into account digestion efficiency/solid waste excretion instead of just urine excretion.

--

Bonus answer: No, also notably, there aren't any studies conducted by the man who patented MAP either, because if you call any of the places that he allegedly performed studies with, they've never heard of him and never performed studies for him.
Ok, can someone define "MAP" and "MPS" so I can read up on them?

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Thank you sir! I have so many acronyms in my head I can't remember them all!

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are the final thoughts? Orange is on sale down here for like $54AUD/$42USD 90S.

I'm tempted, it could save calories before bed when i'm cutting.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What are the final thoughts? Orange is on sale down here for like $54AUD/$42USD 90S.

It's a good product. I had a 1 month run with HUMAPRO on deficit. My dosing was as per the suggestions on the tub. But, I just got sick of the same flavour everyday. There are a few logs (including mine) in the forum. Check it out if you'd like to.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

In all honesty, after reading through all the research on it, as well as research on protein, amino acids, and muscle protein synthesis in general, I would treat it essentially like how one would treat an EAA supplement (as EAAs seem to be preferable to just BCAAs). I see nothing wrong with using it to get some protein (leucine, EAAs, MPS, etc) with few calories, but I would not expect it to be somehow more effective (in terms of MPS etc.) than, say, an EAA supplement with sufficient leucine, or a scoop of whey, or a bit of whey supplemented with leucine, etc., although it will have less calories than something like whey.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In all honesty, after reading through all the research on it, as well as research on protein, amino acids, and muscle protein synthesis in general, I would treat it essentially like how one would treat an EAA supplement (as EAAs seem to be preferable to just BCAAs). I see nothing wrong with using it to get some protein (leucine, EAAs, MPS, etc) with few calories, but I would not expect it to be somehow more effective (in terms of MPS etc.) than, say, an EAA supplement with sufficient leucine, or a scoop of whey, or a bit of whey supplemented with leucine, etc., although it will have less calories than something like whey.
If indeed 1 scoop is equal to 25g protein, it would be cheaper than taking protein powder at that sale price ?

I've never liked the idea of protein before bed, I don't think it sits well with me. I'd probably have a shake 2-3 hours before I sleep and I'd consider taking this tight before bed.

I mean it's still not cheap, but neither are most Amino products.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If indeed 1 scoop is equal to 25g protein, it would be cheaper than taking protein powder at that sale price

I've never liked the idea of protein before bed, I don't think it sits well with me. I'd probably have a shake 2-3 hours before I sleep and I'd consider taking this tight before bed.

I mean it's still not cheap, but neither are most Amino products.
I’m not truly sold on the 1 serving being equal to 25g protein period, as even 25g protein isn’t always the same, right? You can have protein with high leucine content, low leucine content, low other amino acids, etc. I would personally like a little more than 5g total (1 serving), but it’s better than having nothing, even if it may not be ideal or optimal. You could go with 1.5-2 servings, but that’s more expensive. I tend to like at least 6g EAAs with at least 3g leucine. I know I’m not getting 6g total EAAs here, and I may not be getting 3g leucine. Going up to 1.5-2 servings makes it much more likely that I’m getting 3g leucine, and ensures I’m getting >6g amino acids (some general guidelines/thresholds I aim for based on studies I’ve read).