AK's Lit-Up/E-bol/Recompadrol log unsponsored

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
[h=1]Body Weight and Abdominal Fat Gene Expression Profile in Response to a Novel Hydroxycitric Acid-Based Dietary Supplement[/h]

Authors: ROY S.[SUP]1[/SUP]; RINK C.[SUP]1[/SUP]; KHANNA S.[SUP]1[/SUP]; PHILLIPS C.[SUP]1[/SUP]; BAGCHI D.[SUP]2[/SUP]; BAGCHI M.[SUP]2[/SUP]; SEN C.K.[SUP]1[/SUP]
Source: Gene Expression, Volume 11, Numbers 5-6, 2003 , pp. 251-262(12)
Publisher: Cognizant Communication Corporation

[h=4]Buy & download fulltext article:[/h] OR
Price: $79.00 plus tax (Refund Policy)

Abstract:
Obesity is a global public health problem, with about 315 million people worldwide estimated to fall into the WHO-defined obesity categories. Traditional herbal medicines may have some potential in managing obesity. Botanical dietary supplements often contain complex mixtures of phytochemicals that have additive or synergistic interactions. The dried fruit rind of Garcinia cambogia, also known as Malabar tamarind, is a unique source of (-)-hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which exhibits a distinct sour taste and has been safely used for centuries in Southeastern Asia to make meals more filling. Recently it has been demonstrated that HCA-SX or Super Citrimax, a novel derivative of HCA, is safe when taken orally and that HCA-SX is bioavailable in the human plasma as studied by GC-MS. Although HCA-SX has been observed to be conditionally effective in weight management in experimental animals as well as in humans, its mechanism of action remains to be understood. We sought to determine the effects of low-dose oral HCA-SX on the body weight and abdominal fat gene expression profile of Sprague-Dawley rats. We observed that at doses relevant for human consumption dietary HCA-SX significantly contained body weight growth. This response was associated with lowered abdominal fat leptin expression while plasma leptin levels remained unaffected. Repeated high-density microarray analysis of 9960 genes and ESTs present in the fat tissue identified a small set (
1% of all genes screened) of specific genes sensitive to dietary HCA-SX. Other genes, including vital genes transcribing for mitochondrial/nuclear proteins and which are necessary for fundamental support of the tissue, were not affected by HCA-SX. Under the current experimental conditions, HCA-SX proved to be effective in restricting body weight gain in adult rats. Functional characterization of HCA-SX-sensitive genes revealed that upregulation of genes encoding serotonin receptors represent a distinct effect of dietary HCA-SX supplementation.

this is why its good on a bulk...

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
I'm such a sucker for info like this :)

I really like to understand GDAs ingredients and how they work, I don't know it's a kind of
sup that intrigues me a lot

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[h=1]Body Weight and Abdominal Fat Gene Expression Profile in Response to a Novel Hydroxycitric Acid-Based Dietary Supplement[/h]

Authors: ROY S.[SUP]1[/SUP]; RINK C.[SUP]1[/SUP]; KHANNA S.[SUP]1[/SUP]; PHILLIPS C.[SUP]1[/SUP]; BAGCHI D.[SUP]2[/SUP]; BAGCHI M.[SUP]2[/SUP]; SEN C.K.[SUP]1[/SUP]
Source: Gene Expression, Volume 11, Numbers 5-6, 2003 , pp. 251-262(12)
Publisher: Cognizant Communication Corporation

[h=4]Buy & download fulltext article:[/h] OR
Price: $79.00 plus tax (Refund Policy)

Abstract:
Obesity is a global public health problem, with about 315 million people worldwide estimated to fall into the WHO-defined obesity categories. Traditional herbal medicines may have some potential in managing obesity. Botanical dietary supplements often contain complex mixtures of phytochemicals that have additive or synergistic interactions. The dried fruit rind of Garcinia cambogia, also known as Malabar tamarind, is a unique source of (-)-hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which exhibits a distinct sour taste and has been safely used for centuries in Southeastern Asia to make meals more filling. Recently it has been demonstrated that HCA-SX or Super Citrimax, a novel derivative of HCA, is safe when taken orally and that HCA-SX is bioavailable in the human plasma as studied by GC-MS. Although HCA-SX has been observed to be conditionally effective in weight management in experimental animals as well as in humans, its mechanism of action remains to be understood. We sought to determine the effects of low-dose oral HCA-SX on the body weight and abdominal fat gene expression profile of Sprague-Dawley rats. We observed that at doses relevant for human consumption dietary HCA-SX significantly contained body weight growth. This response was associated with lowered abdominal fat leptin expression while plasma leptin levels remained unaffected. Repeated high-density microarray analysis of 9960 genes and ESTs present in the fat tissue identified a small set (
1% of all genes screened) of specific genes sensitive to dietary HCA-SX. Other genes, including vital genes transcribing for mitochondrial/nuclear proteins and which are necessary for fundamental support of the tissue, were not affected by HCA-SX. Under the current experimental conditions, HCA-SX proved to be effective in restricting body weight gain in adult rats. Functional characterization of HCA-SX-sensitive genes revealed that upregulation of genes encoding serotonin receptors represent a distinct effect of dietary HCA-SX supplementation.

this is why its good on a bulk...
GREAT find. Now if only nutraplanet would bring recompadrol back in stock... Or any retailer online for that matter...

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Update

I guess I am a bit worn out.. I woke up very early today 'cause
I couldn't sleep, after 30 minutes I felt like laying in bed again and I passed
out for 3 hours, ugh.. I'm glad is not a busy day today and I'm glad I didn't take
my sups or I would've slept them lol

Anyway, I'm trying a different dosing for Recomp today,
I don't remember if I mentioned before but I love the before-bed dosing
so I take 1cps right before going to sleep, I wake up nice and tight

Today I'm gonna take 1cps prewo, then another 3 before my 3 meals and another one
again before bed.

I said Recompadrol is acting a lot like a fat burner, and I wanna see how it goes
with going a bit up with the dose.

My plan for the future is to run both Glyco and Recompadrol (not for this log)
Using Glyco for small meals and Recompadrol before bed, on refeed day and
according to the results from the prewo dose, prewo :D

With that said, I need to eat, I realize that, i'll try tomorrow after leg day
I hope my paranoia will allow me to, at least a bit.
Thing is E-bol is still keeping my hunger up but I know myself,
my willpower is easily able to make me shutdown for days,
story of my life..

Hitting abs and biceps in an hour

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
PWO Report

Damn, speaking of moodswing..

After dosing the prewo sups thing went way worse,
my mood in two/three days went from "yayy!" to almost depression

WO
was totally mechanic today, absolute NO mind/muscle connection
I went on only fueled by pissyness mixed with rage, and not the good kind,
not the good drive, just "bleah".. despite the wo was same reps, same weights,
same routine I could feel lil muscle stimulation and only when I really got angry
and for very few minutes at the time.
No stamina.. wtf?!

This is kinda weird, it doesn't matter how much I push, my body is like "ja, whatever.."

Recompadrol prewo I think is not a good idea for me, I kind of went a bit hypo
during the wo, go figure, no refeed this week, slightly less calories yesterday,
pre bed and prewo dose of it and no food, just 30gr of BCAA in 12hours.

I feel so sh3tty that I didn't even take my pwo shake, plus the Magnesium oil
gave me some sort of light skin rush on my chest, no pain just aesthetically freakin' gross..
I'm not surprised, my skin is very sensitive (I'm pale as a ghost and even lil sun gives me rushes)

So, yeah, great.. The worst part is, I know myself: not feeling muscle stimulation in my head
means "no food". Watch it I'ma mess up the lil improvement of the last weeks..

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PWO Report

Damn, speaking of moodswing..

After dosing the prewo sups thing went way worse,
my mood in two/three days went from "yayy!" to almost depression

WO
was totally mechanic today, absolute NO mind/muscle connection
I went on only fueled by pissyness mixed with rage, and not the good kind,
not the good drive, just "bleah".. despite the wo was same reps, same weights,
same routine I could feel lil muscle stimulation and only when I really got angry
and for very few minutes at the time.
No stamina.. wtf?!

This is kinda weird, it doesn't matter how much I push, my body is like "ja, whatever.."

Recompadrol prewo I think is not a good idea for me, I kind of went a bit hypo
during the wo, go figure, no refeed this week, slightly less calories yesterday,
pre bed and prewo dose of it and no food, just 30gr of BCAA in 12hours.

I feel so sh3tty that I didn't even take my pwo shake, plus the Magnesium oil
gave me some sort of light skin rush on my chest, no pain just aesthetically freakin' gross..
I'm not surprised, my skin is very sensitive (I'm pale as a ghost and even lil sun gives me rushes)

So, yeah, great.. The worst part is, I know myself: not feeling muscle stimulation in my head
means "no food". Watch it I'ma mess up the lil improvement of the last weeks..
IMO you are seriously over trained, over dieted, and in the last stages of adrenal fatigue... but to prevent you from hitting the wall too hard have you been supplementing with vitamin D? Id suggest around 10k IU a day until you start feeling better then drop to 5k a day.

Other than that Im pretty damn over trained and carb scared so I cant really be giving advice... or criticizing lol... please dont take this the wrong way ;)

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
IMO you are seriously over trained, over dieted, and in the last stages of adrenal fatigue... but to prevent you from hitting the wall too hard have you been supplementing with vitamin D? Id suggest around 10k IU a day until you start feeling better then drop to 5k a day.

Other than that Im pretty damn over trained and carb scared so I cant really be giving advice... or criticizing lol... please dont take this the wrong way ;)
No worries, I'm not taking it bad at all, actually I am, all of the above, no doubt about it.
I have been actually, the only thing left to see is what's gonna snap first, my body or my stupid paranoia

I've been supplementing on Vit D yes, 6k IU, for quite some time but trust me
when I say I've been really pushing everything to the limit and supplements and supplementing
can only do that much.

So, today I've been cutting calories again,
I can barely feel today's wo on the muscles and this drives me crazy
Not taking even my pwo 20gr whey shaker today wasn't a great idea (such a collection today)
as I've been on the verge of passing the hell out for the next 6 hours.
Took 1Recompadrol and the last dose of E-bol with my minimeal at 7pm,
and despite the meal was seriously small I do - of course - have a tad more energy
at least I'm not feeling like I'm dying now.

If I can keep cals down enough today and IF tomorrow the wo
will go well I might find the willpower to feed properly.

This moodswing is massive, can't really explain that tho',
for sure is not related to the supplements.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Ok ima wrap this up for now,
since the stack proven its effectiveness quite well
and I'd be repeating myself over and over here

The second tub of Lit-Up has been opened and
its effects are still kicking, same goes for E-bol,
I have a second bottle of E-bol still to go but I'm not sure
I'll be running that right away since the second tub of Lit-Up
will end when the first bottle of E-bol will end.

I will have to cycle off Lit-Up and it seems a good idea to
have E-bol off hand again when the next run comes.

These two products - me natty bb - are among the best products
I've ever tried, together they are arguably the best stack
I've run so far when strength and lean gains are the goal,
where Lit-Up is my fav prewo at the moment and E-bol the best
i don't know how to call it.. anabolic? Overall natty solo product?
It's great, and the synergy between them makes them even better.
E-bol ran with the blueprint dosage/timing makes a BIG difference,
in a good way, I absolutely advice to run it that way.

I will write a last post when the second Lit-Up is gone
and report weight changes and stats, and a final update on the wo
improvements which I'm sure they will keep coming, and I will also
be able to report how Recompadrol works on refeeds, whenever I'll do it.

Recompadrol worked great too, like I said more as a really effective fat
burner than what I'm used to get from a straight GDA.
My comparison here is with Glycobol because that is one of my
staple supplement and it has been my GDA of choice before this.

My experience reports that despite the two are in the same category
they have very different effects on me.
Recompadrol seems to get rid of fat and water retention even when you are as low as I am
which is very hard, Lean Xtreme was the only other supplement that was able to
do that running it every other month.
The good thing about recompadrol is that is very versatile and it can be used with different
protocols and timing.

You can often see the Glycobol vs Recompadrol question out there,
well, I think they are both great and they can be used together.
The differences I noticed is Glycobol is more food-dependent compared to Recompadrol,
for me even the smallest meal with Glyco gives me that food-blood-pump feeling and it
also gives me noticeable vascularity.
I don't feel Recomp, but I can see its work as shown in the pictures of my back
showing lines where I didn't have 'em before with +3lbs gained when on this stack,
all this of course with the same diet. Recompadrol does what was made for, to recomp,
thing is there's not really much to recomp on me.

I have to be honest, I like to feel supplements, I like also the light crash that I get with Glyco
after a meal, I'm like this with everything, I like to feel the pain from wo, i like to feel the sups
doing something even if it's an effect that most people will consider annoying (like the tingling from
beta ala, man i love that..)

So, I see myself keep using both, Glycobol for meals and Recompadrol at night.

I will ran Stoked as an AI after my Lit-Up run is finished
All the brands in this log are in my book very solid, and they put out great products.

All for now, update in few weeks for the last addendum

chubbarock

chubbarock

Awards
  • Established
Excellent stuff man! Thanks for the abundance of detail, it really makes your log and results that much more interesting and clear to see!

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Adding a lil update to this since today it was the first time
I've actually been able to test Recompadrol on a refeed and I think
it deserves to be reported.

I decided to go for clean carbs for my refeed for two reasons,
first, we all know a refeed based on carbs (as opposed to fats and protein) is
better at boosting leptin and my metabolism needs that badly 'cause of my very
strict diet, second because I've never been able to eat more than 70gr of carbs a day
in the last 4 years without having stomach problems and I wanted to see if Recompadrol
was helping with that.

Chest day today, workout was "to oblivion" (btw Lit-Up/E-bol still kicking a## as day 1, incredible combo)

For this refeed I went for a simple thing (i didn't want to add variables): fat free oats&whey pancakes.

I made 5 big pancakes which have 100gr of oats in them (total not each) , the rest of my food is the same
as every other wo day but I will consume some more greek yogurt w/whey and most likely
some more clean carbs because.. well because Recompadrol worked very well.

I took 2cps 25 minutes my first meal and I had a - for me - big meal consisting
of 80gr of chicken, 50gr of fat free cottage cheese, some fat free mayo and a low fat cheese slice,
then two oats pancakes with just a bit of sugar free jelly, some greek yogurt w/whey and a bite
of my cappuccino home made protein bar.

Not only I didn't feel bad (ONE pancake like that was usually enough for me to feel like hell)
but I actually felt very good, AND I passed out for two hours after it lol.. I know this is because
I'm very insulin sensitive - which is good - and I actually like it when it happens (that's why i refeed on sunday..)
it tells me it's working.

My muscles feel full and tight and I have lotsa energy.

Second meal was the same but with a whey cinnamon roll added to the meal, still feeling great and this time
no crash/passing out.

I will have two more meals before the day is over, calories are gonna be roughly +300/400 more than
the normal day, and since I'm not feeling bad eating with Recompadrol I think I will try to push it a bit more
and maybe try to have another 20/40gr of clean carbs before the end of the day.

Next week, I will try it with a fat based refeed,
but so far here's my take on Recompadrol:

You need to eat with this to make it work. My meals are very lil usually, they very rarely exceed 400 cals,
no carbs and mostly protein (like 70%).
With my BF Recompadrol doesn't really seem to have a big effect on food, but it acts as a fat burner
(i mean, working out with my intensity while being in a cal deficit there's not much effect to be expected
on that lil food..) but if you eat that's where Recompadrol really shines.

2cps, decent (not even big, just normal lol, is big only for me) meal and there you have it!

I kept taking it pre-bed and in between meals these days and my cuts got even deeper,
I got bigger (will get the weight soon but size is noticeably increased, full body) and fat is - if anything - less

Still I don't get vascularity with Recompadrol which has been explained in some earlier posts, but that doesn't really matter, is more a psychological thing.

So this is my take on the two more talked-about GDAs, Recomp and Glyco:
I will keep using both, Recompadrol at night and for refeed days, Glycobol for my minimeals
during the weeks, this way I will get the best of both, Na-rala on one side (this way even the rumors
about fat storing if spilling would not happening) and Recompadrol with its several good ingredients
when eating more and as straight fat burner.

We'll see then how it works with fat based refeed next time, but this is definitely gonna be a personal
preference, I wanna see if a carb refeed works better or worse on ME than a fat&protein refeed.

I will monitor my BF this next week to see if there's any effect on my BF after this refeed,
that's gonna be important to check

One thing is nice tho', being able to use Recompadrol with fats makes it very versatile and useful for sanity
as I'm not a big fan of carbs, plus so far is the only thing that allowed me to actually EAT carbs without
getting bloated and/or feeling bad.

On the other hand, I like Glycobol food pumps and the fact that I can feel it and get vascularity even
just with a chicken sandwich.

Two amazing products that most likely will always be on my sup shelf.

Will update this again soon with weight and new PR (they will come I'm still going up with weights),
workouts are going great, bad mood is gone away (might really have been the
missing refeed on that week), effects of Lit-Up and E-bol give no sign of wearing out, still there, still strong,
I wish I didn't have to cycle these off ever.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Last dose of the second tub of Lit-Up,
so this is gonna be the last post for this log.

So, this stack was awesome, I will definitely run it again

E-bol proven to be very, very effective on me, the alpha male/mood enhancing
effect of it is maybe not as sexy but in for me was one of the most important
aspects of it because my body is very stressed and my hormonal balance most likely
a bit fu#cked up due to extreme long term dieting and this product helped me
big time with both pure mood enhancer and with the better protein synthesis,
made my hunger go up a bit, nothing concerning for the ones dieting but noticeable
enough to feel comfortable when eating those 30/50gr of protein more a day
That and its direct effects on muscle reshaped my body in a nice way.
I'm +3lbs with the same BF, but I gained a great deal in size and (most noticeable)
thickness (especially back,traps and legs) and my abs look wider (something I noticed before
with E-bol).
Synergy with Lit-Up is pretty amazing, they both work very well on my mood and again
Lit-Up is an awesome prewo, for me no sides at all, clean steady energy, long lasting
and this time I didn't feel like the effects were going down with the second bottle.

Aggressiveness in the gym was on some days pretty high, in few occasions I'd say
quite crazy but that could be just me lol

Great recovery, especially combined with high doses of BCAA around wo
Strength gains are probably the most noticeable effect I got from this combo.

Recompadrol definitely made it in my staple supplements list,
its versatility is pretty impressive, I'm still gonna experiment with it
but if you like GDA this one is a great product, I highly advice to try the
prebed dose as I love the way this one makes me look in the morning,
as stated before, eat! with it and you'll see its full effect
I tried it before meals, between meals, empty stomach, 1cp, 2cps and
got slightly different results everytime, that I like, it's something you don't need
to take for a week to see its action, it works right away and I like that.
I've never had sides with this either even ran at 2cps (actually is quite nice at 2cps),
on me it acts also as a fat burner and that's a plus.

These last days I've kept adding weight to all main exercises and sets/reps
to the small muscles ones, endurance is also increased as I often added
a short abs routine at the end of heavy lifting days (I got the ball and it's pretty amazing
for abs wo) just because I felt like it.

That's it, it was super fun to run, and definitely one of the most effective
stack I've ever tried

cya!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks for running this log man. You are indeed a freak! haha.

Nice physique dude, hope you win a show soon. Ill look into recompadrol, hopefully the online stores will have it back in stock soon.
:D

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Its been fun. Thanks for posting!

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Guys I have to add the last word to this.

I decided to run the second bottle of E-bol even if Lit-Up was done
I enjoyed it way too much and a natural product needs time to work
and two bottles is how it's suppose to be ran..
Also wanted to see it without Lit-Up

My mood/alpha male feeling has been way up and I was feeling
great, new PRs every week still and great wo days overall,
hunger went up again (a bit) and feeling that great and hitting
good workouts made me feel confident eating a bit more,
more protein, let's say something like 150cals more everyday

I boosted Recompadrol up to 4cps a day (1st and 3rd meals + 1 intra meals + 1 prebed) and 1cap of
Glycobol (for Na-rala, with the 2nd meal).

This morning I almost had a heart attack: forget the pix I have in here, not even close
I'm hard to myself but I'm not blind, 80% of my body was literally covered with veins
thick as my fingers, dude I could see *shadows* from 'em on my chest and belly!! @_@
I just wish I had a freaking camera off hand..

I jumped on the scale and: +4.6lbs!! So I gained another 1.6lbs since last time!

I'm ecstatic!!

Just yesterday I put a shirt I wasn't wearing since last winter and noticed
my chest wasn't fitting anymore..

If I could freeze my body, today would be the day.

This is my take: E-bol working even better in this second bottle (hunger, better protein synthesis, mood)
and Recompadrol allowing me to actually do (clean) carb refeed without throwing up, plus I guess
i'm getting much more out of it at just few caps more and I guess a possible synergy with Glyco/Na-Rala?

I only know this feels great ahah

Anyway, one thing to note is that yesterday I - for the first time in years - had to wo
late in the evening, instead of morning, but I had my meals at the same time I have them
everyday, and plus I doubt one day would make such difference.
The only thing I can think about is my first meal was 1h after the wo instead of 6h after it..
could that be a factor? I don't know, i'll experiment and see in the future.

I have a sponsored log soon to start in here so we'll take it from there.
Happy times

Reactions: ax1
mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow sounds like recompadrol stacked with ebol is going well!

Congrats on some mean gains :)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will indeed give it a go. Im running the BP soon as well. Second run. Though I follow a modified version, the workouts and stuff I did, but the diet I tweaked just a tad bit. (paleo eater).

ECDY and GDAs are great though. GDAs are probably my favorite supp. Lets me workout harder ;)

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
I will indeed give it a go. Im running the BP soon as well. Second run. Though I follow a modified version, the workouts and stuff I did, but the diet I tweaked just a tad bit. (paleo eater).

ECDY and GDAs are great though. GDAs are probably my favorite supp. Lets me workout harder ;)
Ima try Slin Sane next, wanna give that one a go and also to take a break from vanadium

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dosed it once post workout and if I didn't workout I did an am dosing with a carb breakfast. Also did it in cheats.

Good cause you can see your reaction to the specific ingredient.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have read a few reviews where people were saying they were taking 2-3 caps for a comparable effect to PSlin by USP Labs. I have tried neither yet.

I was given a bottle of Glycobol by AI which arrived this morning. If you were not running Recompadrol at the same time (as I won't be) how would you personally recommend dosing it?

I am looking to capitalise on your experiences with it. :)

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
I have read a few reviews where people were saying they were taking 2-3 caps for a comparable effect to PSlin by USP Labs. I have tried neither yet.

I was given a bottle of Glycobol by AI which arrived this morning. If you were not running Recompadrol at the same time (as I won't be) how would you personally recommend dosing it?

I am looking to capitalise on your experiences with it. :)
I figured reading the profile that two cps were probably needed (talking 'about SlinSane)

I like Glycobol 25min before meals, 1 cap for small ones and two cps on refeed meals.
Differently from Recompadrol I didn't notice anything from a prebed cap so I'd skip that with Glyco

I took Recompadrol with Glycobol tho', not at the same time, but the same day, I wanted to
see Na-Rala with Recompadrol but I wasn't adding, let's say in one day I was taking 3 caps of Recompadrol
one every meal (pre) and I just did Recomp/Glyco/Recomp, plus the prebed dose of Recomp.
It's good :)

But for Glyco just go pre meals, definitely I get the best results from it that way

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
But for Glyco just go pre meals, definitely I get the best results from it that way
For a little while I was taking Glyco with some BCAA's and GH boost pre bed. It was very effective for a short while but I find its just better to dose it about 1/2hr before a carb meal.