Advice coming off Leangains for reset/recomp cycle

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
Updates:

Goal: Slowly add some lean mass gains without almost any fat gain
Plan: Use GDAs with a carb cycling, complex carbs, paired with compounds.
BMR Cals: 1545 cals
Targeted daily cals (lift days): 2500 cals
Targeted daily cals (off days): 1650 cals

Current stats: 152 lb, 14% bf, 5'7", 38yo.

Supp list:
GDAs:
EBF Adipose Annihilation v.2
EBF Recompadrol
EBF Metabolic Powder
Nutraplanet Green Coffee Bean (50%)
TrueNutrition ALA 300mg

Misc:
PES Norcodrene
PES Erase

Misc mealtime supps:
GNC triple fish oil 1500
GNC Multimens Sport

Protien powders:
- Post workout recovery: Scivation Mass Builder
- Whey: Species Isolyze
- Blends: Syntha-6, Dymatize Elite-XT
- Casein: ON Casein
- BCAAs: MN Tripep, Xtend
- Leucine: Allmax

Measurements:
- Measurements will be done weekly at same time, day of the week (on waking, premeal, preshower, pre-bowel/blatter movements) with the same scale measuring Weight, Water, Muscle Mass, and Body Fat through electrical resistance.
- Morning tempature check to gauge thyroid function
- Additionally will do a 9 point measurement with tape monthly.
- Will be using consistancy on supplements, salt intake, water, etc for stablity in variables

Updates:
- Updates will be handled weekly as well as occasional updates with meal pictures, discussion, etc

Workout:
Heavy days: (mond/wed/friday): Mass compounds
- based loosely off 6 sets of "starting strength"/all-pros noob program broken 3 days a week(mond/wed/friday), using reverse pyramid sets with a final set to lowered weight to failure then negatives
- Barbell curls
- Pull-ups
- Bench press (Flat or incline)
- Shoulder Press
- Stiff leg deadlifts
- Dips (weighted)
- Squats
- Light walks at lunch and after last meal

Light days: (tuesday/thursday/saturday): Mostly cardio and detailed work
- MITT cardio 1 hour at lunch
- Bend over row
- Shrugs
- Tricep dips
- Deltoid flys
- Should raises
- Push ups
- ABs

- PreWO is straight whey iso with 3g Citruline Malate
- 2 caps recompadrol , 2 cap green coffee, 2 caps ALA, 5g Leucine at the end of WO on drive home

Typical PWO shake:
- Scivation Mass builder (MCTs, Rice carbs, Whey iso), add raw potato starch for resistant starch fiber, 2g creatine

Typical PWO meal:
- half a coffee cup of pre meal oatmeal mix (2/3 whole oat groats + 1/3 whey supar grade 80% concentrate)
- small portion of simple carbs like white rice, potatoes, bread, etc. about half of a small handful
- couple large portions of complex carb starches like sweet potatos, black rice, lentals and/or quinoa. Around two small handfuls cooked (like recommendation on dry weights here)
- mix of high fiber lowish carb green veggies
- 10 oz of lean meat protein

Heavy Lift days: 35% pro 20% fat 45% carb (low carb mornings like eggs or a Quest bar, pre-lunch LISS, lightly carb lunch of salad, meat, small complex carbs, pre-lift low carb whey, lift as below, recovery shake followed by a high complex carb and lean meat/dairy meal)

Light lift days :50% pro 40% fat 10% carb
- fats from raw nuts, natural PB, oily fish, coconuts, avocados, olives, etc
- carbs only from green veggies

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Replied to PM.

~Rosie~

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lift days change macro percenta man

Fat 20-25% play with your carb and protein

I personally like 45/35/20 carb/pro/fat

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm in bro, I'll stop back later and really check things out.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Lift days change macro percenta man

Fat 20-25% play with your carb and protein

I personally like 45/35/20 carb/pro/fat
Agree. To much pro is inefficient and unnecessary. 1g / lb of bw is probably more than maximal on a bulk. 10% fats is probably gonna disrupt hormone levels.

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
Agree. To much pro is inefficient and unnecessary. 1g / lb of bw is probably more than maximal on a bulk. 10% fats is probably gonna disrupt hormone levels.
Thanks, this is great input and adjusting in my final draft. Will update up top. Anything else guys? Thinking about adding NoBurn2, Norcodrene, or Forskolin-95 with the above.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
Norco and Fors-95 synergize quite well
Can you calrify on this statement. I'm aware yohimbines abilty to target a2 fat areas but not sure how that synergizes with anything in Norco or Forskolin-95. In fact not seeing anything in Norco thats making me see what the hype is about, maybe I'm missing it.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Can you calrify on this statement. I'm aware yohimbines abilty to target a2 fat areas but not sure how that synergizes with anything in Norco or Forskolin-95. In fact not seeing anything in Norco thats making me see what the hype is about, maybe I'm missing it.
Nelumbo Nucifera Extract (Standardized for Higenamine) is a Beta-2 agonist.

I'll just quote Coop here.

Here's the basic rundown:

A activates B. B activates C. C activates D. D activates fat burning.

A B-agonist increases levels of A. More A means more B. More B means more C.

Forskolin further increases levels of C. So you have way, way more C, which activates D. D activates way, way more fat burning.

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
Nelumbo Nucifera Extract (Standardized for Higenamine) is a Beta-2 agonist.

I'll just quote Coop here.
Not really seeing what the A, B, C, and D in that follow is. If you have your caffine/yohimbine stack that targets A2s you just stack with Forskolin or is there need for something else? Sorry to be dense here, I did real the articles and the research paper but not following.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Not really seeing what the A, B, C, and D in that follow is. If you have your caffine/yohimbine stack that targets A2s you just stack with Forskolin or is there need for something else? Sorry to be dense here, I did real the articles and the research paper but not following.
Norcodrene also contains Higenamine which acts as a Beta-2 agonist. Forskolin, by acting downstream of the b-adrenergic receptor, increases adenyl cyclase activity and elevating cAMP, amplifying the intracellular signal to burn fat. The body interprets the normal B-receptor stimulation as something greater.

More info on coleus forskohlii. Forskolin Potentiates Isoprenaline-Induced Glycerol Output and Local Blood Flow in Human Adipose Tissue in vivo - Enoksson - 2009 - Pharmacology & Toxicology - Wiley Online Library

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I agree with this. On a cut you might be able to get away with it for at least awhile, but long term its a bad idea. During a bulk its a hell no. Not only will it make getting your cals harder but it may negatively impact your hormones making you less likely to build muscle. Plus your joints will hate you.

Thanks, this is great input and adjusting in my final draft. Will update up top. Anything else guys? Thinking about adding NoBurn2, Norcodrene, or Forskolin-95 with the above.
If you're really bulking it may be somewhat counter-productive to add in a fat burner like Norco/NoBurn2. The F-95 is a great addition for lean gains but if your doing a true bulk, the fat burners are kind of wasted. If you're truly concerned about putting on any more fat, you could run them but expect that your bulking and weight gain will have to be much slower.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
If you're really bulking it may be somewhat counter-productive to add in a fat burner like Norco/NoBurn2. The F-95 is a great addition for lean gains but if your doing a true bulk, the fat burners are kind of wasted. If you're truly concerned about putting on any more fat, you could run them but expect that your bulking and weight gain will have to be much slower.
I agree about the fat burners not being fully optimized during a bulk. You negate most of their potentiality when in a surplus, although I could see them playing a specific role if you were carb cycling or other certain lean bulk approaches.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I agree about the fat burners not being fully optimized during a bulk. You negate most of their potentiality when in a surplus, although I could see them playing a specific role if you were carb cycling or other certain lean bulk approaches.
It is possible to use them on a lean bulk, however I really only see this being beneficial if you were already pretty lean (8-10%bf). Otherwise there's no chance you'll see a noticeable impact from them. At 14% you're pretty much just wasting your money and limiting your bulking.

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
It is possible to use them on a lean bulk, however I really only see this being beneficial if you were already pretty lean (8-10%bf). Otherwise there's no chance you'll see a noticeable impact from them. At 14% you're pretty much just wasting your money and limiting your bulking.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Alot of what I'm shooting for is what Booneman77 is doing on his Forskolin/Recompadrol/AAv2 log. I agree alot of what is said on Norcodrene is probably true, its more for the deep cut cycle, but i think the rest if ideal for a ultralean ultra slow bulk. Still I see some value in optimizing my fasted LISS in the mornings or MISS at lunch with the proper stack, just seeing Norcodrene as a reaaaly expensive component.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Alot of what I'm shooting for is what Booneman77 is doing on his Forskolin/Recompadrol/AAv2 log. I agree alot of what is said on Norcodrene is probably true, its more for the deep cut cycle, but i think the rest if ideal for a ultralean ultra slow bulk. Still I see some value in optimizing my fasted LISS in the mornings or MISS at lunch with the proper stack, just seeing Norcodrene as a reaaaly expensive component.
If you're looking for a lean bulk my thread is not for that so be careful. I'm on a strict cut so don't take it exactly.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
I agree with the expensive part 100% lol. I might try some when I use my 75% off PES coupon though :)

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
Updates above

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Updates above
It looks very well thought out. As I'm sure you know it's all about consistency. Track your progress and don't be afraid to make necessary adjustments.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Updates above
In the future, you should try bolding your updates so people know what to look at. There's a lot of info there to re-read every time and try to decipher the changes