Unanswered Accutane for acne prevention on cycle

SDPonce63

SDPonce63

Awards
  • Established
Hello, I recently bought some accutane to use on my next cycle. This time around I’m going to do much better to try to prevent acne (better hygiene) as I bad it semi bad last cycle. For those of you who have used accutane what are your experiences with it? What dosage is the sweet spot to prevent it while not getting harsh sides from it? I saw on YouTube a guy would take 10mg every other day to prevent it. Thoughts anyone?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hello, I recently bought some accutane to use on my next cycle. This time around I’m going to do much better to try to prevent acne (better hygiene) as I bad it semi bad last cycle. For those of you who have used accutane what are your experiences with it? What dosage is the sweet spot to prevent it while not getting harsh sides from it? I saw on YouTube a guy would take 10mg every other day to prevent it. Thoughts anyone?
I was prescribed it. Really jacked my joints up. Works. But straight poison. Wish I would had never taken it. Be mindful of the sides, and halt in my opinion if you start getting some spinal or joint side effects.

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have done few cycles of it, had pretty bad acne when I was younger. I think I took 60, 40 and 80mg, it cleared me up nicely. I never really had any serious side effects, worst was chapped lips(pretty much the only side effect I had), but that is easily fixed. If you dont have cycsts, then 10 or 20mg (depending on your weight) will work to prevent acne. If I remember correctly recommended dosage was 0.5-1mg per kg for cystic acne.

SDPonce63

SDPonce63

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help! I’ll try 10mg every other day and if that’s not working then I’ll try 10mg every day. Don’t want to push it up too high in mg. I’m gonna be on deca so hopefully that will help with the joint dryness from accutane