Accident and Joint Injuries - Weight training

SimpleKindaMan

Awards
I was in an accident a couple years ago. I now have daily pain in my left wrist and elbow as well as my left knee. I want to get back into fitnes and weight training but it is quite painful due to the nerve damage. I was in good shape and fairly fit before my injury. Its been a couple years of surgeries and LOTS of restrictions. The doctor said that im Good to resume any/all activities that I would like to as long as I can tolerate it. This was said to me likely 8-10 months ago.

I know Im out of shape now. Id like to get back to where I was but I need advice about heavy duty wrist supports and knee supports/braces.
Please, Any and all help/advice is appreciated.

(Side Note: The doctor said that everything is as healed as its going to get. The nerve pain could last another 10 years or longer, if it ever goes away.)

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
hey man! welcome to the board, and congrats on getting back to it.
I myself have suffered from nerve damage. It does take A LOT of time to heal and improve. Im not so sure I would want to use things like braces and what not. knee wraps when appropriate, but your not there yet.

build back slowly and methodically.

since you are willing to buy some gear, why not try some modern supplements designed to help these types of issues.
Hyperion is formulated around nerve healing / promoting ingredients.
Helios is a high grade curcumin product for massive inflammation reduction
and
Phytocain is perfect to calm sore achy muscles and joints after your training sessions.

seriously look into these they help me a ton~

www.apex-alchemy.com

SimpleKindaMan

Awards
hey man! welcome to the board, and congrats on getting back to it.
I myself have suffered from nerve damage. It does take A LOT of time to heal and improve. Im not so sure I would want to use things like braces and what not. knee wraps when appropriate, but your not there yet.

build back slowly and methodically.

since you are willing to buy some gear, why not try some modern supplements designed to help these types of issues.
Hyperion is formulated around nerve healing / promoting ingredients.
Helios is a high grade curcumin product for massive inflammation reduction
and
Phytocain is perfect to calm sore achy muscles and joints after your training sessions.

seriously look into these they help me a ton~

www.apex-alchemy.com
Thanls for the advice. I bought some of the products you suggested. Im going to take a couple weeks and let them build up in my system and then start a training regimen. I have the activities planned out, now I just need to jump in. Thanks again.