• Legend!
  • Established
:lol: nice update broswellington

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
45 min tae-bo

Ok I did a 45 min tae-bo this one was more advanced. Next one is the boot camp tae-bo work out. The one I did today felt like it was a 45 min shoulder killer. That ok my shoulders need it. Over all it was a great workout. I needed a mop after the work out to mop up all the sweat.
ASGT 1 scoop
Pump:Great
Endurance:good
Energy:great
Libido:good
Strength:good
Sides:Haven't found any that I haven't enjoyed!

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I found this in another thread and thought I would post it here.

Newb we live and we learn

GRAPEFRUIT JUICE

this just gave a whole new meaning to the grapefruit diet

I will be adopting this protocol going forward, the studies i have read are very compelling, interested to hear from AM members personal experiences with this

This was brought to my attention this morning by a learned member, i have been doing some research and with the help of "copy and paste" i present to you

grapefruit inhibits the enzyme CYP3A4. This enzyme is responsible for breaking down substances through 6beta-hydroxylation. grapefruit only inhibits CYP3A4 in the small intestine. The enzyme is also found in the liver, but grapefruit does not affect it there. Less CYP3A4 in the small intestine means that a large group of substances is more easily absorbed by the body.

Between 17 and 46 percent of these hormones leave the body in the 6beta-hydroxylated form.

Basically, if you drink 250ml of grapefruit juice with your oral medications, it will increase their absorbtion, blood serum concentrations, etc...There was a study done specifically with some 17A drugs, but I decided not to copy it here. The article I did copy (below) is alot more reader-friendly and less technical.
If you are too lazy to read the article, here's the summary:
Drink 250ml of grapefruit juice (thats 8.4 ounces) with your oral steroids, and you just need to drink it once per day, even if you take your orals spread out throughout the day.
I've seen studies where absorbtion of some drugs was increased by up to 500%! (I read this study)
Also...before you ask about the effects of grapefruit juice on oral rec drugs the answer is YES, this applies to ALL ORAL MEDICATIONS/DRUGS infact xanax for example has a warning on the label as do many other prescription drugs

Bottom line adopting this protocol will give you more bang for your $buck, of the 75mg of VAR a day i am ingesting more will be absorbed by the body so the effect is as of having taken a higher dose :)

Here's the article:

James Maskalyk
Editorial Fellow, CMAJ

Grapefruit juice interacts with a number of medications. This unusual discovery was made serendipitously in 1989 during an experiment designed to test the effect of ethanol on a calcium-channel blocker.1 The observed response was later determined to be due to the grapefruit juice delivery vehicle rather than the alcohol. In the past decade, the list of drug interactions with grapefruit juice has expanded to include several classes of medication, precipitating a recent advisory from Health Canada.2

The interaction: As little as 250 mL of grapefruit juice can change the metabolism of some drugs.3 This drug–food interaction occurs because of a common pathway involving a specific isoform of cytochrome P450 — CYP3A4 — present in both the liver and the intestinal wall. Studies suggest that grapefruit juice exerts its effect primarily at the level of the intestine.4

After ingestion, a substrate contained in the grapefruit binds to the intestinal isoenzyme, impairing first-pass metabolism directly and causing a sustained decrease in CYP3A4 protein expression.5 Within 4 hours of ingestion, a reduction in the effective CYP3A4 concentration occurs, with effects lasting up to 24 hours.6 The net result is inhibition of drug metabolism in the intestine and increased oral bioavailability. Because of the prolonged response, separating the intake of the drug and the juice does not prevent interference.

Individuals express CYP3A4 in different proportions, those with the highest intestinal concentration being most susceptible to grapefruit juice–drug interactions.5 An effect is seen with the whole fruit as well as its juice, so caution should be exercised with both.7 The precise chemical compound in grapefruit that causes the interaction has not been identified. There is no similar reaction with orange juice, although there is some suspicion that "sour oranges" such as the Seville variety, may have some effect.8 A recent study, however, that tested the known interference of grapefruit juice with cyclosporine showed no similar effect with Seville oranges.9

There is some interest in the potential therapeutic benefit of adding grapefruit juice to a drug regimen to increase oral bioavailability.3 The limitation is the individual variation in patient response. However, if the chemical that causes grapefruit's CYP3A4 inhibition is elucidated, there may be an opportunity to modulate that pathway in a controlled fashion.

What to do: Much of the data obtained on grapefruit juice–drug interactions involved measuring serum drug concentrations in small numbers of healthy volunteers. Because of the limited data and only occasional case reports,10 it is difficult to quantify the clinical significance for individual patients. One may assume that the interaction occurs primarily with oral medicines, and only with those that share the CYP3A4 metabolism pathway, with the consequence being increased oral bioavailability, higher serum drug concentrations and associated adverse effects.

Physicians should review medication lists often, with the goal of warning patients about adverse interactions. A list of medicines with which patients should not consume grapefruit is provided in Table 1.3,11,12 In the case of several medications that share the CYP3A4 metabolism pathway, but for which a clinical effect has not been elucidated or is theoretical, patients should be advised to consume grapefruit cautiously and be monitored for toxicity.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
ahhh that was a good post!!! both times ;)

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
1 hr tae-bo boot camp

To day I had a hell of a workout. I did a 1hr tae-bo boot camp and now every part of my body is sore. But I love it. It looked like some one dumped there water on the floor but it was only my sweat. In one part you do 8 sets of 8 push ups. You do 8 then role over to one side then do another 8 then go back the other way. The whole thing is fast pace and you use weight for most of it. It gives you a nice full body pump. I almost think I should of used 2 scoops of the ASGT. I started to run out of steam at the end. The worst part was the intense burn in the shoulders from the pump. I got to say thou the last time I tried this workout I didn't make it all the way to the end. The ASGT realy helped.
Oh by the way my Fat Gripz didn't come in today. So much for the 1st or 2nd. I hoping they will come in tomorrow. Then I can use them to give my arms a beating tomorrow.
ASGT 1 scoop
Pump: painful
Endurance:good but I think I needed one more scoop on this one.
Energy:good see above
Libido:good
Strength:good

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Oh by the way my Fat Gripz didn't come in today. So much for the 1st or 2nd. I hoping they will come in tomorrow. Then I can use them to give my arms a beating tomorrow.
They're still complimentary though, so there's the silver lining, right?

That workout sounds painful. They should make you mop up after yourself. :tongue2:

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
They're still complimentary though, so there's the silver lining, right?

That workout sounds painful. They should make you mop up after yourself. :tongue2:
True. And they do.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
True. And they do.
Ouch, after you're already worn the f*ck out they're gonna make you grab a mop and work those shoulders even more. Diabolical!

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Ouch, after you're already worn the f*ck out they're gonna make you grab a mop and work those shoulders even more. Diabolical!
That's what happens when you miss a move.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
OK my Fat Gripz are in. First impression is good. They are solid and feel good on the bar. down side if you have cheap dumbbells like I have at home the handle is to small so you will have to rap the handle with something to make them feel tight. I might suggest to him that he ships them with a small rubber pad that can be rapped around the small grips on low cost dumbbells to make up the different. I have the cheap dumbbells with the screw on ends that they sell at walmart. They might be cheap but I had them for 15yrs and I'm still using them. Weight is weight. Some day I will upgrade. For now I will let the gym dish out the big bucks on the high cost weights.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
curious to see how they affect the weight you use...

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Upper body workout with FAT GRIPZ

3 scoops of ASGT and FG aka "FAT GRIPZ"

Wide grip bench press FG
120-15 warm up 140-10 160-10/8 140-10/9 Killer chest pump

Bent over rows
100-15 warm up 140-6/6/6/6/5

Dead lift
140-10 warm up 180-5 lost grip 200-4/2 180-3/3

Military press FG
80-15 warm up 100-10/10/10/10/9 Killer shoulder pump

dumbbell curls FG
25-15 warm up 30-12/10/10

incline hammer curl FG
20-12/12/11

Decline narrow grip bench press FG
100-15 warm up 140-8/8/7 120-10/9

ASGT 3 scoop
Pump:killer
Endurance:Great
Energy:Great
Libido:Good
Strength:Great

FAT GRIPZ
OK I got to say I love them. On the bench press it takes the stress of the shoulders and tris, and puts it all on the chest. I normally have a hard time getting a good chest pump but by the second set my chest had a intense pump. When it came to the military press it puts it all on the shoulders. The arm workouts where intense. Some of my weights where down and I couldn't do as many reps but my workout felt much more intense and the pump I had made me look twice as big.

ASGT + FAT GRIPZ = A HELL OF A WORKOUT.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I gotta get me some of these!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Well, 'nuff said then. The economy be damned, I'm buying some fat gripz right now.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Some info I got off a site on fat bar training.

There are many advantages to the fat bar:

* Increased grip strength.Attitude. You don’t half-ass anything when you’re using a bar you can barely hold onto.
* Kinetic Linkage. Possibly the most overlooked element of any strength feat is the linkage between the muscles that are used in completing a given movement. If you plan on doing anything with the fat bar, you had better be gripping it with all your might unless you want to be pinned underneath it. By gripping the bar with extreme force your muscles will experience “irradiation” which is a fancy way of saying your forearm, bicep, tricep, deltoid, will activate (for most people their entire body will tense up, and this is a key element to strength training. Try to make a white-knuckle grip without tightening up the rest of your arm.
* Preventing Leakage: This could go with the previous point of irradiation, but the point is that by gripping the bar harder your body will have no break in your kinetic chain. By keeping your shoulder into its socket (packing your shoulder) during an overhead press, you prevent leakages and allow the stronger muscles to dictate the movement. Your tight grip will make this easier. Try shrugging your shoulders as high as you can before your next overhead press and you will see that your strength is nonexistent.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to add I did a 2hr hike in the woods this morning. I hit some nice steep hills to get a good leg and calf workout with some cardio. By the time I got back I was soaked is sweat. So I can say I had 2 great workouts.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I got up today and I felt like I got hit by a truck. My full upper body is sore. when I worked out yesterday I didn't even go to full failler since I didn't have a spotter. but it still made for a hell of a workout.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I will have to put today down as a cheat day. Boy did I eat. I will have to step thing up next week to burn it all off.

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
Ah the freaking mail man better bring my andraulic state tomorrow or im gonna go postal!

Lou villian

Lou villian

Awards
  • Established
Anyone interested in the Fat Gripz theres a good guy on the EBay selling them for 29.99 Free shipping. I have purchased some gloves and hooks from him in the past hes an honest dude with great feedback

Lou villian

Lou villian

Awards
  • Established
Dragon

Did you feel akward using them? I felt like i was going to drop the weights a few times as the grip makes a huge difference when you can't close your hands around the frip.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Anyone interested in the Fat Gripz theres a good guy on the EBay selling them for 29.99 Free shipping. I have purchased some gloves and hooks from him in the past hes an honest dude with great feedback
Good looking out bro.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Dragon

Did you feel akward using them? I felt like i was going to drop the weights a few times as the grip makes a huge difference when you can't close your hands around the frip.
Not at all. Even know I cant get my hand around the frip as you put it.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Just looked on ebay didn't see them for that price. All I see is $39 with $4.95 shipping.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking about going back to a normal weight routine. And do some cardio out side in the morning. The tae-bo 4 days a week means that I'm hitting my shoulders hard 6 days a week. Since the tae-bo kills my shoulders then I hit them with weights. I'm afraid of over training my shoulders and other body parts. So I'm going do do allot of hiking or runs. Some biking. Yard work. Then hit my weights like a mad man every night. What do you guys think?

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
Well, 'nuff said then. The economy be damned, I'm buying some fat gripz right now.
haha, quote of the day goes to GMG!!!! :fest30: can't wait to get mine in... should be here by the end of the week!!!
Hope my numbers don't drop too much, but a little is expected with the extra isolation.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking about going back to a normal weight routine. And do some cardio out side in the morning. The tae-bo 4 days a week means that I'm hitting my shoulders hard 6 days a week. Since the tae-bo kills my shoulders then I hit them with weights. I'm afraid of over training my shoulders and other body parts. So I'm going do do allot of hiking or runs. Some biking. Yard work. Then hit my weights like a mad man every night. What do you guys think?
I would keep an eye on the shoulders so as not to overtrain like you said. other than that, just make sure the all that extra cardio isn't buring muscle, which I know you already know, and tare it up bro!!!

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I decided to do some morning cardio. Today I went for a nice 2hr power walk hitting every hill along the way. Tonight I'm going to hit my chest hard with high rep and sets. I miss the weights too much.

bradleywiens

bradleywiens

Awards
  • Established
I decided to do some morning cardio. Today I went for a nice 2hr power walk hitting every hill along the way. Tonight I'm going to hit my chest hard with high rep and sets. I miss the weights too much.
I hear ya on the weights man. They are addicting aren't they? Looking forward to lifting some real weight again as well.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Stats update

Ok when I started this log I was 209.8 pounds at 28.5% body fat.
Now I'm 206.8 pounds at 27.9% body fat.

It is a start. I'm going to cut cal. a little more.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
keep up the hard work bro! Losing the fat can be a b!tch, but once it's gone, it's a whole nother ball game.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Chest 2 scoops of ASGT FAT GRIPZ ON ALL LIFTS.

Wide grip bench press
120-10/10 160-9 180-4 200-2 160-7 120-13/11/10/8

Incline bench press
120-10/8 100-12/10/10

Decline bench press
100-15 120-12 140-6 120-9 100-13

Flat Dumbbell flys
25-13/10/10/8/8

Incline dumbbell flys
25-10/10/8/8/6

ASGT 2 scoops
Pump:Great
Endurance:Getter done
Energy:Great
Libido:great
Strength:sweet

FAT GRIPZ
Loving them. My max weight is down but you can really feal the muscle working. I don't think it will be long to get back to my normal weight.

Naberious

Naberious

Awards
I stole you idea Dragon and got a free pair sent to me as well!!!

I also got a pair of Versa Grips sent my way, which I got a chance to use tonight... Now that I've used them, I cant imagine going back to doing heavy pulls any other way!!!

Good lifts my man.... Looking strong!

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I stole you idea Dragon and got a free pair sent to me as well!!!

I also got a pair of Versa Grips sent my way, which I got a chance to use tonight... Now that I've used them, I cant imagine going back to doing heavy pulls any other way!!!

Good lifts my man.... Looking strong!
Cool man. from what I hear they are hooking allot of us AM guys up.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
yeah I got some too.
Ya I put in a good word for you and Army Guy. But hell if any one else can get a free pair to log all the power to them. Us AM guy love freebies. And if you are broke like me it is really nice.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Ya I put in a good word for you and Army Guy. But hell if any one else can get a free pair to log all the power to them. Us AM guy love freebies. And if you are broke like me it is really nice.
ha I am super broke. I have nothing to my name but bills and debt.

Naberious

Naberious

Awards
ha I am super broke. I have nothing to my name but bills and debt.
I'm right there with you!! Paydays are sweet for the first few hours, till you remember all that cash is going to be gone the next day!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
great work on the BF loss!!! and got my gripz coming as well!!! Can't wait to add that to the log!!

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Back day no FAT GRIPZ TODAY

Ok first off I didn't use my FAT GRIPZ today because I wanted to hit my back hard.

Straight arm pull down
40-15 60-10/10/10/8/5

Dead lifts
140-10 160-10 180-8 220-4/4/3 PR Don't Laugh! It is a PR for me. :laugh:

Bent over barbell rows
140-8/8 120-10/9/8

Wide grip pull downs
120-9/6 100-8/7/5

Want to add my grip was stronger today.

ASGT 2 scoops

Pump:good
Endurance:great
Energy:great
Libido:still standing
Strength:sweet

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
hey bro a PR is a PR!!! congrats!!!