Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you're having hip issues, def keep a conventional stance. Sumo is MUCH more like a squat, & it uses more hip drive I think. Your thick beefy body is built more for conventional pulling I'd say, but you kind of suck at pulling like I do at bench, so maybe it is right for you, in the long haul? Guy at my gym could NOT pull conventional, could do stiff legs all day but could not pull over 275 conventional. So we showed him Sumo & dudes pulling 455 in 3wks, off cycle. Turns out he was just a natural Sumo puller. He just needed a movement he was comfier with to apply all the strength he'd already built as a bodybuilder.

Kelly Starrett might have some hip mobility vids on youtube that could alleviate your pain/problems. I'd really pursue this. Problems like this tend not to go away til you address them specifically. Mine didn't. Do this regardless of whether you take a lifting hiatus, as it should be stuff you could do at home with a mini band or lacrosse ball ideally.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
If you're having hip issues, def keep a conventional stance. Sumo is MUCH more like a squat, & it uses more hip drive I think. Your thick beefy body is built more for conventional pulling I'd say, but you kind of suck at pulling like I do at bench, so maybe it is right for you, in the long haul? Guy at my gym could NOT pull conventional, could do stiff legs all day but could not pull over 275 conventional. So we showed him Sumo & dudes pulling 455 in 3wks, off cycle. Turns out he was just a natural Sumo puller. He just needed a movement he was comfier with to apply all the strength he'd already built as a bodybuilder. Kelly Starrett might have some hip mobility vids on youtube that could alleviate your pain/problems. I'd really pursue this. Problems like this tend not to go away til you address them specifically. Mine didn't. Do this regardless of whether you take a lifting hiatus, as it should be stuff you could do at home with a mini band or lacrosse ball ideally.

You've seen my conventional pull. It's ugly. The sumo feels better in every way. I wouldn't dare pulling conventional from deficit. We used to use the dead squat bars in highschool and I pulled good numbers that way. Maybe I'll experiment.

As for rehab type stuff I've been working that angle. Stretching, balls, rollers. I'll check out Kelly starret though. Maybe I'll find more. The most amount of pain I get is during external rotation. But it's all up front. It'll slowly come back for me.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You've seen my conventional pull. It's ugly. The sumo feels better in every way. I wouldn't dare pulling conventional from deficit. We used to use the dead squat bars in highschool and I pulled good numbers that way. Maybe I'll experiment.

As for rehab type stuff I've been working that angle. Stretching, balls, rollers. I'll check out Kelly starret though. Maybe I'll find more. The most amount of pain I get is during external rotation. But it's all up front. It'll slowly come back for me.
Sean1332 has used this some, & he squats like 650 raw @ 220, drug-free. Never used it, but seems simple enough to give it a go:

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/rehabilitation/no-bullsht-the-banded-hip-series/

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Sean1332 has used this some, & he squats like 650 raw @ 220, drug-free. Never used it, but seems simple enough to give it a go:

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/rehabilitation/no-bullsht-the-banded-hip-series/
i didnt realize sean1332 was a natty pl. that 650 is pretty nuts at 220. thanks for the link reading it now!

that looks pretty easy and awesome. been using some yoga based stretching to get the blood flowing and help it feel better. i'll be starting those next week.

two highlights of the day. called the company my chevy's extended warantee was under, im getting like $968 refunded. also sold the boat for a good chunk. just need to figure out who im hiring for my nutrition and aside from solid wrist wraps what else i need for the gym.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
i didnt realize sean1332 was a natty pl. that 650 is pretty nuts at 220. thanks for the link reading it now! that looks pretty easy and awesome. been using some yoga based stretching to get the blood flowing and help it feel better. i'll be starting those next week. two highlights of the day. called the company my chevy's extended warantee was under, im getting like $968 refunded. also sold the boat for a good chunk. just need to figure out who im hiring for my nutrition and aside from solid wrist wraps what else i need for the gym.
Aw Man U sold the boat!!! :( I know a good coach..

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Aw Man U sold the boat!!! :( I know a good coach..
It's all part of the master plan :-D. It'll be a year or two but I'm looking at lunds and similar for deeper water.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Woohoo! That's great! Especially the warranty refund!! ...just so you know, when your life settles down a bit, I'm still waiting on those pics you promised! ;)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
image-1762579287.jpg

Here's a sneak peak.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Nice! You said you're leasing it for under 250/month? Not bad!
Dude 400 ponies. I stomp it and it goes. Sideways. Lmao. Yea it's under 250 which is sweet. Love it so far.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dude 400 ponies. I stomp it and it goes. Sideways. Lmao. Yea it's under 250 which is sweet. Love it so far.
I forgot the 5.7 was getting turned up that high these days - that's awesome man. The 5.7 hemis sound raunchy - very muscular tone.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I forgot the 5.7 was getting turned up that high these days - that's awesome man. The 5.7 hemis sound raunchy - very muscular tone.
It's hard to keep my foot out of it. I pulled in to my girls driveway and the first words she said was your truck sounds sexy. It needs better mufflers but stock is for sure a nice sound.

Gonna be looking at a nice fat stack in a few weeks. Test cyp, parabolan, eq. 400, 400, 600.

I'll also be starting crossfit.

Hmmm.... :-D

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Don't know a dang thing about parabolan. Crossfit......?
I'm not serious about cf. it was a silly.

Parabolan is tren hex. I'm not trying to spell the whole thing. Its a long one. It's the only ester of trenbolone ever made for human consumption. It's about as long of an ester as enan. Lower sides. As potent as ace. Still lower sides. In other words amazing.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Hyde and any others that wrap their knees, I'm curious on how you wrap them. I was bored and googled and saw a lot of different techniques..

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hyde and any others that wrap their knees, I'm curious on how you wrap them. I was bored and googled and saw a lot of different techniques..
I don't wrap my knees - first time I had it done was wednesday night, in the suit. Guy put some decently stout inzers on me, fairly loose according to him (my legs were immediately losing circulation/hurting).

Here's what I know:
You roll them up before you unwrap them onto your knee. You can crank them down or use a powerdrill while you're rolling them up to 'preload' tension into them, but we didn't do that -that's competition status. Then you want the majority of the wrap to be behind the knee. You flex your leg out straight & work in about 3 lines (mid, low, high), & the tighter you crank them in with each pass, the more tension you'll get, especially if you pre-loaded them. Then you tuck, have someone help you out of the chair, & get squatting - they hurt like sob's & you want them off asap. Chris Duffin says he always works from the inside out, which he feels promotes an outward tension that helps spread the knees apart & thus the floor/prevents knees caving.

Guy squats like 860 raw at 220 in wraps.....so yeah, there's that.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm not serious about cf. it was a silly.

Parabolan is tren hex. I'm not trying to spell the whole thing. Its a long one. It's the only ester of trenbolone ever made for human consumption. It's about as long of an ester as enan. Lower sides. As potent as ace. Still lower sides. In other words amazing.
Yeah I've always heard tren hex is where it's at - just hard to get the real thing apparently?

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I don't wrap my knees - first time I had it done was wednesday night, in the suit. Guy put some decently stout inzers on me, fairly loose according to him (my legs were immediately losing circulation/hurting). Here's what I know: You roll them up before you unwrap them onto your knee. You can crank them down or use a powerdrill while you're rolling them up to 'preload' tension into them, but we didn't do that -that's competition status. Then you want the majority of the wrap to be behind the knee. You flex your leg out straight & work in about 3 lines (mid, low, high), & the tighter you crank them in with each pass, the more tension you'll get, especially if you pre-loaded them. Then you tuck, have someone help you out of the chair, & get squatting - they hurt like sob's & you want them off asap. Chris Duffin says he always works from the inside out, which he feels promotes an outward tension that helps spread the knees apart & thus the floor/prevents knees caving. Guy squats like 860 raw at 220 in wraps.....so yeah, there's that.
Yeah I saw some of the wrap jobs on YouTube and was like wtf? That seems dangerously restrictive to blood flow.

Yeah I've always heard tren hex is where it's at - just hard to get the real thing apparently?
Expensive. Very. Difficult to come by the real deal just like primo. I just wanna give it a go since my guy has it. Comparison purposes really. They say it's night and day differences.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I saw some of the wrap jobs on YouTube and was like wtf? That seems dangerously restrictive to blood flow.

Expensive. Very. Difficult to come by the real deal just like primo. I just wanna give it a go since my guy has it. Comparison purposes really. They say it's night and day differences.
Nobody said powerlifting was good for you lol. And you don't have to use them, or use them tight at all. I don't. But if you want 40lbs of pop out of 'em, you're gonna know pain.

Good thing you're getting back into a paying gig then, right?

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Nobody said powerlifting was good for you lol. And you don't have to use them, or use them tight at all. I don't. But if you want 40lbs of pop out of 'em, you're gonna know pain. Good thing you're getting back into a paying gig then, right?
Amen to all the above my man.

Here's a quick one of the legs. Just entered a contest on pm forums... I'm soggy carb loaded and slightly drunk from a wedding.

image-3566414051.jpg

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You look like you've trimmed up - what are you weighing?

Also, here's brian carroll pimping his new gear sponsor's top of the line wrap. He does the opposite of what I said, going outside in, but he's squat 1185 @ 275 in multiply to actual for real, undeniable depth, so it prob doesn't matter. I forgot guys chalk their knees first to help hold them:

[video=youtube;te-HOxCzXNM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te-HOxCzXNM&index=58&list=UU3VtV0h9KcR77QpJQoUsGCQ[/video]

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I feel you on the hip issues beast my left hip flexor is ****ed good and proper. It's finally feeling the best it's been in years as I had to take 6 weeks off lifting for surgery. I hope it heals up quick homi!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
You look like you've trimmed up - what are you weighing? Also, here's brian carroll pimping his new gear sponsor's top of the line wrap. He does the opposite of what I said, going outside in, but he's squat 1185 @ 275 in multiply to actual for real, undeniable depth, so it prob doesn't matter. I forgot guys chalk their knees first to help hold them: YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te-HOxCzXNM&index=58&list=UU3VtV0h9KcR77QpJQoUsGCQ

Idk about trimming up. My gut looks awful ATM but thanks I'll take it!

I feel you on the hip issues beast my left hip flexor is ****ed good and proper. It's finally feeling the best it's been in years as I had to take 6 weeks off lifting for surgery. I hope it heals up quick homi!

Same to you man. It's not a comfortable feeling. Thanks dude

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Legs are looking good!! Nice truck too!!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Legs are looking good!! Nice truck too!!
"thanked"

i honestly feel a few months ago i was looking much better. i'm very very soggy right now from poor diet

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"thanked" i honestly feel a few months ago i was looking much better. i'm very very soggy right now from poor diet
That's alright! You'll get back and keep on truckin! You've had a lot going on!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
That's alright! You'll get back and keep on truckin! You've had a lot going on!
You know it!! I'm looking at some coaching as well. I know bcaz and tygas coach were awesome as well as the guys from bossbody, kleen worked with Matt savard for a few months

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You know it!! I'm looking at some coaching as well. I know bcaz and tygas coach were awesome as well as the guys from bossbody, kleen worked with Matt savard for a few months
That's awesome!!!! I hope to do that one day as well! I know there's so much to learn!! :)

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
That's awesome!!!! I hope to do that one day as well! I know there's so much to learn!! :)
I learn with every coach. But it also takes guesswork out and shows better results sometimes.