6'2" 215 ~11% bf, pre bulk pics

Newb017

Banned
Awards
hey guys, got home last weekend from school and was able to take a few pics, i've put on about 4 lbs in the last 2 weeks and fortunately have come upon a great workout routine that stimulates my appetite all day and should be able to get to 225-230 in the next 4-5 months then do a little mini cut, but anyway

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=169644
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=169645

i'm not sure if i pose wrong, but i hate how the double bi poses kill my peaks, and i hate how my legs look so thin, my hamstrings aren't visible at all from the angle/pose, o well

some stats, bench 295x5, squat 435x5 (belt and knee wraps), front squat 325x5, hang clean 245x5 (straps), i did all these after 3 sets pyramiding up to this weight, anyway, I know I have my weak spots but to be honest I don't mind, about 90% of why i lift is for strength for football, so squat/bench/cleans are the main focus of my routine

anyway, let me know wucha think

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
looking good, I would wait until you reach around 240-245 before you cut, your pretty tall. I would try to pack on a little more fat to keep you growing. Maybe around 15-16%.

Newb017

Banned
Awards
only reason i said i was going to do a mini cut was because i'll start conditioning for football, being the extreme ecto I am running and gaining weight is next to impossible, plus I need to retain my speed and actually get faster so a quick 20-30 lbs will make that 10x harder ya know?

thanks for the reply though

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
only reason i said i was going to do a mini cut was because i'll start conditioning for football, being the extreme ecto I am running and gaining weight is next to impossible, plus I need to retain my speed and actually get faster so a quick 20-30 lbs will make that 10x harder ya know?

thanks for the reply though
I beg to differ, if you can still implement speed/agility/STRETCHING drills while buking you will retain your speed as your body adjusts. I went from 150 4.32 40 to 170lbs 4.32 40my senior year of high school, and now with no speed/agility drills walked out and ran a 4.45 40 in tennis shoes on grass cold about 2 weeks ago. I also weigh 230 now :), and haven't done anything since freshman college track 4+ years ago.

Newb017

Banned
Awards
i don't want to get off topic, but when reading your post i have to take into account a few things, A) your times were apparently done with a stopwatch, using a stopwatch is almost as good as not doing it at all, after reading that everybody and their mother can run a sub 4.5, i've come to completely ignore stopwatch times, they can be incredibly off, B) I finished the football season/started bulking in december at 200 lbs, 40 lbs in less than 6 months would be a complete shock to my system

no hard feelings, it's just that I weighed about 180 and ran a 5.03 electronic in january of my sr. year of high school, and then weighed 205 and ran a 5.01 electronic this january, i know that for me to get faster, continuing my speed work is a must but adding to much weight will only hinder if not negate any gains made

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
From my 3rd of high school to my 4th year of University, I had put on roughly 45lbs. My time trials only got better and my lateral movements were much quicker as well.

When I did speed and agility training, I was wearing leg/ankle weighs as well as a chute.

The added weight did not hinder but rather bolster my performance. The added strength helped and my speed training in the fashion I did it helped as well.

You can add weight and keep your speed and agility. You just have to train specifically to keep or improve that facet of your skillset.

Good luck

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
i don't want to get off topic, but when reading your post i have to take into account a few things, A) your times were apparently done with a stopwatch, using a stopwatch is almost as good as not doing it at all, after reading that everybody and their mother can run a sub 4.5, i've come to completely ignore stopwatch times, they can be incredibly off, B) I finished the football season/started bulking in december at 200 lbs, 40 lbs in less than 6 months would be a complete shock to my system

no hard feelings, it's just that I weighed about 180 and ran a 5.03 electronic in january of my sr. year of high school, and then weighed 205 and ran a 5.01 electronic this january, i know that for me to get faster, continuing my speed work is a must but adding to much weight will only hinder if not negate any gains made
Correction, both of my 4.3 times were recorded fully automatic. One at University of Houston Combine, and the other was recorded at Texas A&M football camp. The 4.4 was done with a stopwatch 2 weeks ago, but I had 3 people timing me for my lab and I ran sub 4.5 3 times. That is 9 times with every stop watch never going over 4.5. I think thats about as accurate as you can get... using a stopwatch.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can add weight and keep your speed and agility. You just have to train specifically to keep or improve that facet of your skillset.
Exactly. This is why there are sports specific training ideals. If you don't want to gain weight, then incorporate more explosive, and heavier movements for fewer reps.

Newb017

Banned
Awards
haha, not sure if you looked at my pics, but i definitely need to gain weight, I think I'm just worried because I put on 20, 25 lbs in the last year and my 40 time was the same even after some work, I'm going to be transfering D2 to 1AA so I know the new speed will be nuts, everybody always says the speed of the game is what makes the jump hard, whether it be hs to college, college to pros, whatever, just gotta do my best to make almost all lean gains and get to work on acceleration

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Speed is the biggest jump, but a lot of it is mental.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was being serious when I said to train with leg/ankle weights in your drills. Also, strap a chute on your back.

10-12 weeks of that type of drill training and will do you wonders. When you finally take it off and start to train without? You won't know what hit you. I guaruntee you will be 15% faster than before. No joke.

You're going to feel like hell int he first few week sand you will FEEL sluggish but make no mistake you will be getting quicker. It's the end result that you're after. Not the beginning if the intermediate.

Good luck.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt use the leg/ankle weights, as they will destroy your knees when running. Also, shoot me an email [email protected]. I think I still have my speed/power/size workout, including speed work and plyometrics around here somewhere, and keep stretching that only makes you faster. If you can't bend down and touch the ground wtih your palms flat, you aren't fast enough. :D Trust me.

gizzle

gizzle

Awards
This is off topic. Not a complete hijacking though.

bohica--->some good 40 times you've got.

What do u run in the 100? (100m)

Newb017

Banned
Awards
dude wtf?!?!

just playin man, and i know, dude's got sick speed, he's helpin me try to get my slow ass somewhat close to what he was doin!

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
My fastest 100 time came back at our state track meet, when I pushed out at 10.68 fully automatic. Only placed 7th though , but not bad for living in Texas and being white :lol:. It would have been faster, but I have a mildly seperated shoulder from a nice pickup game of football 3 days before. Oh well. Man I miss those days.

Newb017

Banned
Awards
^^^ thanks, good to hear that from a woman every now and then!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pics 17
jomi822 Pics 74
Weight Loss 3
Pics 16
Pics 8