52 year old man wanting to start using anabolics

Jwilliams0805

Awards
Hello, I am a 52 year old man that is 6'1" tall and weigh 317. I have worked out off and on over the years but have been behind a desk way to long and eaten a lot of junk I should not have. I am borderline high blood pressure and am pre-diabetic. I have kidneys stones on a regular basis! It is time for me to get into shape and move beyond all this. I want to transform my body over next 6 months to a year to look like the guys on the cover of Men's Health magazine; lots of great muscle definition and minimal fat! I know that I am low in hormones HgH and testosterone as I went to an anti aging doc and blood work came back that way. My question for this group is What all AnabolicsHello should I start taking, what dosages, and how/what cycles should I do and what stacks should I do? Also, from a diet perspective, does anyone have a great diet menu that I can have to follow? Also what supplements like CLA should I be using as well? I want to start as soon as possible. I also would appreciate any workout routines that you would recommend. I joined a health club and will be doing cardio and free weights as well as some machines. Thank you in advance for all your help. I want to do this right the first time and not have to try to experiment to get best results. I just joined this board so forgive me if this has been said before.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have to do a little work to get the results you want. You can't just jump on anabolics and expect everyone here to spoon feed you advice. I'm sure if you researched a little you could find a book or three that will help you with diet and exercise. There might be a few guys on here that will spoon feed only because they want some kind of recognition for there e-knowledge. You're really going about this the wrong way.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
t bone is right brother i cleaned my diet up worked out for ayear lost 18 lbs and then started slow with phs and now two years later i am still learning the ups and downs . they are no substitute for hard work and dedication. they will enchance your efforts if used correctly but they are not a game and there is no magic here! look around the forums for diet advice , cut out sugar, get rid of all things white for a while (brown is down, rice, oatmeal, egg whites , lean meats, wheat pasta, good fats like peanut butter in moderation, fish oil. get some supplements first whey protein shakes for meal replacement. you will do yourself nothing but harm if you go to the darkside right off the bat . your body won't be ready for it. leisten to these guys they know of what they speak. research research research dude! check out the store for supps they got great deals. good luck.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Hello, I am a 52 year old man that is 6'1" tall and weigh 317.
You are WAAAAY overweight.

I am borderline high blood pressure and am pre-diabetic. I have kidneys stones on a regular basis!
Combined with your overweight status - this pretty much makes you a bad candidate for AAS at this time.

I want to transform my body over next 6 months to a year to look like the guys on the cover of Men's Health magazine; lots of great muscle definition and minimal fat!
That is NOT realistic at all.

AAS isn't something you START with. You need to get diet and training dialed in spot on. Once you're in great shape and hit a plateau - then yeah, maybe turn to the anabolics but not before then.

A six month goal to get shredded - given your age and current condition - tells me you're looking for a quick fix. If you're looking for a quick fix - this is not the path for you brother. This takes lifelong commitment and a lot of discipline. It means staying motivated even when you already look good and the muscle gains reduce to a crawl.

My advice to you would be skip the anabolics and concentrate, first and foremost - on cardio. You need to do weightlifting too but you have a lot of weight to pull off so you need to prioritize cardio. Also - the cardio, and losing weight will help you with blood pressure issues and pre-diabetic issues. Those two things there put you in DANGER WILL ROBINSON territory - and you and your doctor need to work yourself out of that territory FIRST.

In fact, at this point - getting shredded shouldn't even be a goal of yours brother - you should concentrate first on fixing your health issues through diet and exercise.

Additionally - you don't say how low your test is ... but I wouldn't jump to TRT until you lose a lot of weight and are in decent shape. Why? because your HEALTH right now is one of the reasons your testosterone is low. Fix your health - and your test levels might rise. If you go on HRT now - you'll shutdown and be on it for a lifetime. Don't buy the bull**** that guys our age have to be on TRT. My test levels always come back on my bloods annotated as "HIGH" because they are above the recommended levels (both free and total). I'm 51.