5 weeks before photos

zootiesgroove

Awards
Havent been as strict over the last few days unfortnately. Bought my pants that I will be wearing for my wedding on Friday and they were loose, so I've been slacking a bit (had some beers, ice cream and pizza over the weekend). Despite this little bit of unraveling, I've lost 15lbs to date, (but 0 over the last week). Honestly I'll try to drop another 5lbs or so this week and head to the beach 20lbs down, but even if I stay where I am going into the wedding, I'll be fine with that. I've realized I really wont be perfect and where I want to be, but I also dont want to deprive myself and be a grump my first week at the beach.
What I've learned is that the no carb thing works for me, but the 500 cals/day was getting old. When I get back from my honeymoon, I'll be modifying my diet slightly so I can incorporate low carbs and exercise and hopefully get down to 185 by the end of the year.
Thanks for asking.

zootiesgroove

Awards
Yeah - I could have done more, but I could have also started back in January instead of 5 weeks ago. Right now I just need to keep it where I am, get through the vacation/wedding feeling good and then really work on improving my overall habits when I return.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can still lose weight with a normal diet (IE more than 500 cals a day)... Your not losing weight because pizza and beer are empty calories that will add fat readily.. A normal diet and light exercise everyday would yield a couple lbs of loss a week at your weight. Dont give any BS excuse about being a grump at the beach because you want beer and pizza.... If you honestly wanted to lose weight and get in shape, you would make it a lifestyle, not an on and off habit.. You really have no excuse dude... And I have no remorse for the situation you put yourself in... Sorry, but im a realist..

zootiesgroove

Awards
You can still lose weight with a normal diet (IE more than 500 cals a day)... Your not losing weight because pizza and beer are empty calories that will add fat readily.. A normal diet and light exercise everyday would yield a couple lbs of loss a week at your weight. Dont give any BS excuse about being a grump at the beach because you want beer and pizza.... If you honestly wanted to lose weight and get in shape, you would make it a lifestyle, not an on and off habit.. You really have no excuse dude... And I have no remorse for the situation you put yourself in... Sorry, but im a realist..
Hey Gamer, Dont be a douche. I'm not making any excuses and just said that I was going to make changes to my habits when I return to be more realistic. Yes, I did this to myself but my goal with the rapid weight loss plan was to lose as much as I could in a short amount of time - which resulted in 15lbs and over 5% body fat! I know myself and I'm not gonna stress about it while I'm at the beach and just deal with it in my own way when I get back.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not trying to be a douche.. Sometimes you need to be criticized in a certain manner to understand your folly's and fix them.. I needed to be called a holocaust jew for a while to change my lifestyle and I did.. Dont take it to heart, its what I like to call negative reinforcement.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Everytime somebody says "hey, I'm a realist".......I think "ummm, no you are just negative". Ever lost 50lbs Gamer? Ok, that's what I thought......

zootiesgroove

Awards
Not trying to be a douche.. Sometimes you need to be criticized in a certain manner to understand your folly's and fix them.. I needed to be called a holocaust jew for a while to change my lifestyle and I did.. Dont take it to heart, its what I like to call negative reinforcement.
I call it being a DOUCHE! If you've been following this thread all the way through, maybe you'd understand where I am coming from rather than jumping in on my last post. Maybe then you would have also read that I didnt expect this to be a long term solution, nor replace bad eating/exercise habits.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
And sometimes you need to read the thread to understand that the OP fully understands his faults and wants to find something he can happily maintain instead of the miserable crash diet he is doing now.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I call it being a DOUCHE! If you've been following this thread all the way through, maybe you'd understand where I am coming from rather than jumping in on my last post. Maybe then you would have also read that I didnt expect this to be a long term solution, nor replace bad eating/exercise habits.
I have read from the beginning, and thou shalt have no pitty on no man, incuding oneself.

And to Triton, I was in the opposite spectrum as zootie weighing in at about 113 about 1.5-2 years ago... Any goal can be accomplished in a timely fashion no matter what; I have a thyroid problem, a small frame and an ungodly metabolism.... Now add in the high stress, poor sleep, improper diet, my bout with dysentery, pneumonia and swine flu due to Army training and college and you have an anti anabolic setting, yet I overcame..

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
I have never really felt sorry for those "cursed" with a high metabolism.....easier to eat more than to eat less and because it basically means all you have to worry about is putting on muscle.....which with AAS is not difficult to do. But Gamer....point taken, we all have our challenges.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I have never really felt sorry for those "cursed" with a high metabolism.....easier to eat more than to eat less and because it basically means all you have to worry about is putting on muscle.....which with AAS is not difficult to do. But Gamer....point taken, we all have our challenges.
I used to feel the same way but I met someone who used to eat until he was physically ill. All the time he ate, even got up twice during the night to eat another meal and he was still like ~140lbs. I mean he eventually turned to AAS but I was SHOCKED to see how high his metabolism actually was. Especially because I am meso/endo morphic. I learn towards meso now but only because my diet is strict and I lift/cardio. If I stopped I would balloon in a month.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
I have read from the beginning, and thou shalt have no pitty on no man, incuding oneself.

And to Triton, I was in the opposite spectrum as zootie weighing in at about 113 about 1.5-2 years ago... Any goal can be accomplished in a timely fashion no matter what; I have a thyroid problem, a small frame and an ungodly metabolism.... Now add in the high stress, poor sleep, improper diet, my bout with dysentery, pneumonia and swine flu due to Army training and college and you have an anti anabolic setting, yet I overcame..
No one asked for your pity so your wasting your breath. Let me catch you up on whats going on. He had a high goal. He slacked in the name of comfort. He didnt reach his goal but is quite satisfied with his losses. He intends to make a lifestyle change after his wedding. He had options and he made choices that he thought were best for his situation. He never said he couldnt do anything of stated he felt helpless
I like to motivate people and i like to be blunt but i prefer to be tactful and on point. Also everyone has their speed bumps. I dont see your story as being at an extreme disadvantage as your trying to sell it. Congrats on your victory overcoming you hardship though. Its more than many can say.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
No one asked for your pity so your wasting your breath. Let me catch you up on whats going on. He had a high goal. He slacked in the name of comfort. He didnt reach his goal but is quite satisfied with his losses. He intends to make a lifestyle change after his wedding. He had options and he made choices that he thought were best for his situation. He never said he couldnt do anything of stated he felt helpless
I like to motivate people and i like to be blunt but i prefer to be tactful and on point. Also everyone has their speed bumps. I dont see your story as being at an extreme disadvantage as your trying to sell it. Congrats on your victory overcoming you hardship though. Its more than many can say.
Well stated.