3-AD; Hank's do over thread.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the low cholesterol could be a sign of low test. From a cardiovascular standpoint, low cholesterol is a good sign, but it also might be responsible for low test.

I'm kinda wondering what would cause it to be so low. Both results barely skirt over 100.

Bloodwork isn't cheap. I dont know the each numbers, but my physical that I get with all the bloodwork easily exceeds $1,000.

I had bloodwork done a year ago (May '07) and had all my liver markers checked which cost close to $500 just for that area.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Great job Hank!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alright.....got the blood work back. blood was drawn a day after completion of a 3 week 3-ad run.

i don't have a perfect comparrison as the last blood test i had done was last year at this time. i was approx 10lbs lighter at that time and was only taking basic supps.

Description (normal range)......resulst from last yr...........results from this yr

Total cholesterol...................101............116
LDL (less than 100).................61.............83
HDL (greater than 40).............38(L).........33(L)
Triglycerides(40-160)..............88.............135
Glucose (65-99).....................69.............71
BUN (7-25)...........................31(H)..........20
Creatine (.7-1.4).................2.2(H).........1.3
Sodium (135-146).................141............139
Potassium (3.5-5.3)...............4.1............3.6
Protien Total(5.9-8.1)............7.7............8.2(H)
Albumin(3.9-4.9)...................4.5............4.5
AST(3.0-37)........................36.0............47(H)
ALT(3-37)..........................28...............57.0(H)
LDH(255-606).....................505..............515
ALK Phos(42-144)................55...............130
Cloride (99-110)..................109..............107
CO2(19-30)........................28...............27
Calcium (8.6-11.2)..............10.0.............11.1
WBC(4.8-10.8)...................5.2...............6.4
RBC(4.7-6.1).....................5.43..............6.29(H)
HGB(14-18).......................16.5.............16.6

Additionally, blood pressure immediatly following the cycle was higher than usual for me immediately following the cycle. Tested at 146/88 when i'm usually at 115/78.
Likely a result of the increased RBC.

my good cholesterol is low. it was low before but even lower now. doc said not to worry since my total and LDS is so low.

Triglycerides and Alkaline Phosphatase increased but still within normal range. Shows that my liver was probably working a little harder on this even though it is unmethylated.

AST & ALT are high but unconcerned since it is common for people who train hard to have higher levels due to muscle damage and repair.

my creatine and BUN registered high last yr but normal this yr. i'd have to atribute this to not taking creatine during this 3-ad run.

protein total was just slightly high but in line with what typically comes with increased testosterone levels.

considering i took blood one day following my cycle i was expecting much more elevated levels in some areas. this is just my interperation of these results. if you have input on this, please share. based on these results, i'd say that 3-ad didn't appear to cause any significant stress.
I guess i missed this bad boy when you posted it. Your cholesterol is very low, which is very good. Total, LDL, and triglycerides look great hank. I'd wager that genetics play a big role here for you, which is very good. Unfortunately, my family history for cholesterol sucks, however my total is always in the 160 range. :)

The only thing i will say is concerning was not from this current panel, but your prior panel. A creatinine of 2.2 is not too good. When you start hitting the upper limits of 2-3 many would consider that borderline renal(kidney)failure. Taking creatine stresses renal function more than most people think(despite all the studies that have been done), however it's often the result of a pre-renal issue(basically meaning dehydration or not enough water intake is the culprit and stresses kidney function). That is usually easily corrected with adequate hydration intake. My creatine was 1.5 last september after only being on creatine for a month.

Nice job on posting the blood work brother. LFT's are slightly elevated, but nothing of concern by anymeans. Overall, the 3-AD effects on basic lab results looks very promising. :afro:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Bloodwork isn't cheap. I dont know the each numbers, but my physical that I get with all the bloodwork easily exceeds $1,000.

I had bloodwork done a year ago (May '07) and had all my liver markers checked which cost close to $500 just for that area.

Holy hell. Honestly I want to do it more for an overall health screen (rather than just seeing my hormonal levels) but that is higher than I expected (and I assume this isn't covered by assurance when the individual just wants to remain health conscience).

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I have an initial test in which I have everything checked, EKG, blood, lungs, the whole 9 yards which is close to $3,500. This comes at no cost to me b/c of my employer.

I'm not sure I'd get any work done at all without insurance atleast subsidizing something.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
I guess i missed this bad boy when you posted it. Your cholesterol is very low, which is very good. Total, LDL, and triglycerides look great hank. I'd wager that genetics play a big role here for you, which is very good. Unfortunately, my family history for cholesterol sucks, however my total is always in the 160 range. :)

The only thing i will say is concerning was not from this current panel, but your prior panel. A creatinine of 2.2 is not too good. When you start hitting the upper limits of 2-3 many would consider that borderline renal(kidney)failure. Taking creatine stresses renal function more than most people think(despite all the studies that have been done), however it's often the result of a pre-renal issue(basically meaning dehydration or not enough water intake is the culprit and stresses kidney function). That is usually easily corrected with adequate hydration intake. My creatine was 1.5 last september after only being on creatine for a month.

Nice job on posting the blood work brother. LFT's are slightly elevated, but nothing of concern by anymeans. Overall, the 3-AD effects on basic lab results looks very promising. :afro:
thanks for the look over T! you are a lot better at reading these things.

last years test registered the high creatine and BUN. i was taking creatine at that time. my doc said the same thing as you, that it was likly due to high protein intake with insufficient water intake.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
I have an initial test in which I have everything checked, EKG, blood, lungs, the whole 9 yards which is close to $3,500. This comes at no cost to me b/c of my employer.

I'm not sure I'd get any work done at all without insurance atleast subsidizing something.
yeah, bw is super expensive.
the cheapest i could find for a basic hormone pannel was $400.