1st cycle quick tip

G9369

Awards
Hey guys first cycle and I'm running a 375mg a week Testo e cycle for 12 weeks, currently just about to hit 2 weeks. I wanted to know, was thinking to add anavar at the end of the cycle to harden up the gains, should It be the last 6 weeks? Or the last 4weeks? And also what mg? Would 20mg for 4weeks at the end be any good? And then wait few weeks and start pct. Is that a good plan broskis?? I am 5'7, not sure my body fat but it's not much lol, I'm at 127lbs.. if that helps.

Last edited:
BMW4Life

BMW4Life

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Ending with Var would isn't a bad idea.

So something like:
Weeks 1-12 test
Weeks 8-14 Var @40mg

Then PCT.

BMW4Life

BMW4Life

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What are your goals though? I think you might have to revise diet and training.

G9369

Awards
Ending with Var would isn't a bad idea.

So something like:
Weeks 1-12 test
Weeks 8-14 Var @40mg

Then PCT.
Okay cool..thanks Bro, appreciate that.. Var @ 40 mg For all 6 weeks?; Or should I taper towards the last week's?

G9369

Awards
What are your goals though? I think you might have to revise diet and training.
Goals are to bulk up and then at the end of cycle make the gains look good asthetechly, if that's you spell it lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Goals are to bulk up and then at the end of cycle make the gains look good asthetechly, if that's you spell it lol
I don't see anything wrong with it, honestly if I was you I would hold off on the var temporarily, get some bloods done sometime week 9-10 and if everything looks good then start the var week 11 and drag the cycle out longer. Gains take time. Unless your a super responder, you can make good progress in 12 weeks but 16 would be better.

G9369

Awards
Bro, I think I'm a quick responder like you say because it's not even my second week and I've put on like 900grams..I bealive. And ok man sounds good, yea Alrite so I guess if I see the gains at 11weeks r not impressive o could extend cycle till 16 ok bro.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bro, I think I'm a quick responder like you say because it's not even my second week and I've put on like 900grams..I bealive. And ok man sounds good, yea Alrite so I guess if I see the gains at 11weeks r not impressive o could extend cycle till 16 ok bro.
Water weight, lots of your cycle gains will be water and glycogen, even a good responder only puts on about 12 lbs of muscle in a YEAR.

You might gain 10,20 hell even 40lbs on a cycle, but even tho it looks like muscle, it's mostly water and glycogen. When the cycle ends and ppl say they dropped 20lbs and lost most there gains, they didn't. They drop that superficial cosmetic look and the 5-6lbs there left with is the muscle.

G9369

Awards
Water weight, lots of your cycle gains will be water and glycogen, even a good responder only puts on about 12 lbs of muscle in a YEAR.

You might gain 10,20 hell even 40lbs on a cycle, but even tho it looks like muscle, it's mostly water and glycogen. When the cycle ends and ppl say they dropped 20lbs and lost most there gains, they didn't. They drop that superficial cosmetic look and the 5-6lbs there left with is the muscle.
Ok bro, well we'll see what happens what can I say aha.il see around the 10 week mark what progress I'm making and if I n need to extend cycle I will bro but hoping yo keep it at 12 ,tbf.but anavar Should I do 4 weeks at the end or 6??

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok bro, well we'll see what happens what can I say aha.il see around the 10 week mark what progress I'm making and if I n need to extend cycle I will bro but hoping yo keep it at 12 ,tbf. Should I do 4 weeks at the end or 6??
I can't answer that for you, it would be a guess.

I use to run planned out cycles but now I don't, I do it a little different now.

Like for example, I'm on week 10 of a mini cycle of sorts, 300 test, 200mast. I'm about due for bloods now. I'm gonna get those done next week and if everything looks good I'm probably going to go another 10 weeks, maybe add something or slightly increase the doses to 450/300. After another 8 weeks il get bloods again. If it looks good il probably add something and stretch it another 6-8 weeks.

But at any point during those times, if my bloodwork doesn't look good or looks like I'm heading in the wrong direction I will pull the plug.

I like long cycles, that's why I'm keeping the doses low and using more "health friendly" gear selection. Not that it's healthy, but testosterone and small amounts of things like masteron or primo can be ran a lot longer with less health impacts.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
For reference, in the past 10 weeks I've gained 23ish lbs, it's not all muscle, not even close. Maybe 2-3lbs is muscle, a little fat and a lot of glycogen retention. Il gotta make a weight class in 3 months so il start dieting in a week or 2. When I get back to my starting bf% il have a good idea of how much muscle I gained.

G9369

Awards
I can't answer that for you, it would be a guess.

I use to run planned out cycles but now I don't, I do it a little different now.

Like for example, I'm on week 10 of a mini cycle of sorts, 300 test, 200mast. I'm about due for bloods now. I'm gonna get those done next week and if everything looks good I'm probably going to go another 10 weeks, maybe add something or slightly increase the doses to 450/300. After another 8 weeks il get bloods again. If it looks good il probably add something and stretch it another 6-8 weeks.

But at any point during those times, if my bloodwork doesn't look good or looks like I'm heading in the wrong direction I will pull the plug.

I like long cycles, that's why I'm keeping the doses low and using more "health friendly" gear selection. Not that it's healthy, but testosterone and small amounts of things like masteron or primo can be ran a lot longer with less health impacts.
Fair enough man... Sounds all reasonable thought.. sounds like you know what you're doing Bro, amazing man all the best.. and ok, I will aim to do a 12 week cycle, and start anavar on week 9-12, so cycle ends. And then do pct, if the gains are not amazing tho, I will start at week 8-13 so that makes 6 weeks of anavar not 4. But still end the test e on week 12. If that all makes sense :)

G9369

Awards
For reference, in the past 10 weeks I've gained 23ish lbs, it's not all muscle, not even close. Maybe 2-3lbs is muscle, a little fat and a lot of glycogen retention. Il gotta make a weight class in 3 months so il start dieting in a week or 2. When I get back to my starting bf% il have a good idea of how much muscle I gained.
One question, when will I start to see gains? I know it's early at 2weeks.. but just so I know..

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
One question, when will I start to see gains? I know it's early at 2weeks.. but just so I know..
It's completely speculative but about 4 weeks for most guys, your probably not going to notice a huge difference but your strength should start going up, every week you should be lifting 5 more lbs or a extra rep or 2 on all your lifts. Your diet is going to be a big factor in your results. I have friends who have been on steroids for 10+ years and have made zero improvement in probably the last 5-6 years. Maybe longer.

It's because they don't know how to eat or they don't work out hard enough and rest enough.

There are literally thousands if not hundred of thousands of men out there that take steroids and never weigh more then 165lbs.

It's mostly diet

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I actually didn't notice anything at all during my first cycle till one day around week 10 someone was staring at me and said wtf you been doing lol.

Then I realized that I had gained 10lbs, looked like I gained 20 and realized my bench was up 60lbs and my deadlift up 100lbs

G9369

Awards
It's completely speculative but about 4 weeks for most guys, your probably not going to notice a huge difference but your strength should start going up, every week you should be lifting 5 more lbs or a extra rep or 2 on all your lifts. Your diet is going to be a big factor in your results. I have friends who have been on steroids for 10+ years and have made zero improvement in probably the last 5-6 years. Maybe longer.

It's because they don't know how to eat or they don't work out hard enough and rest enough.

There are literally thousands if not hundred of thousands of men out there that take steroids and never weigh more then 165lbs.

It's mostly diet
Okay cool bro, can't wait to see some gains, and my diet is pretty good.. deffently intake enough proteins everyday and also I train 6-7 days a week, I know might sound like I over train but my body allows me to so I'm guessing it's not bad if I train Every day, I get enough sleep inbetween, although i will have to try to get rest days and see if that make any improvements. And you sair around 4weeks for strenght improvement..but what about actuall body mass?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

It's mostly diet
Another thing, someone who eats and trains like a real bodybuilder is going to make much more dramatic gains then someone who has a different style of training. If your a athlete and training for strength, you absolutely will not grow as fast as if you were living a bodybuilder lifestyle

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Okay cool bro, can't wait to see some gains, and my diet is pretty good.. deffently intake enough proteins everyday and also I train 6-7 days a week, I know might sound like I over train but my body allows me to so I'm guessing it's not bad if I train Every day, I get enough sleep inbetween, although i will have to try to get rest days and see if that make any improvements. And you sair around 4weeks for strenght improvement..but what about actuall body mass?
You would be much better off training 4-5 days a week.

I train 2 hours a day 5-6 days a week, sometimes 7, I lift and do boxing, guess what. I recover fine but that is not even close to optimal for muscle growth. There's a reason why all the biggest bodybuilders train 4-5 days a week when bulking.

6-7 days is slowing down your growth. Mine too, in the gym you DO NOT GROW, your tearing your muscles down. It's when your eating, resting and sleeping that muscles grow bigger. There's no 2 ways about it

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Body mass, size gains. Food and rest is when your growing. You asked when you will see size gains. It depends on how good you diet is and how much you recover and grow.

If your not eating enough and not resting enough you could literally go the entire cycle without getting any bigger.

All the guys I was talking about earlier, one who is a very good friend of mine NEVR makes any progress, because he trains 7 days a week and has been eating the same for years.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Even myself, I'm dramatically limiting my ability to grow, but I'm ok with that because right now my priorities are not about size. I have a weight class to make, every lb I gain over 200lbs makes it that much harder to cut for my weight class

G9369

Awards
Even myself, I'm dramatically limiting my ability to grow, but I'm ok with that because right now my priorities are not about size. I have a weight class to make, every lb I gain over 200lbs makes it that much harder to cut for my weight class
Okay bro, it does make sense. Since I'm only 1 week and a half in.. I think there's still time to fix my training and make gains right? I will train 4-5 days a week from now. Last thing I'd want is not to make gains cos training 7 days a week. Will it be ok to take off Saturday and Sunday? Or should I just choose 2 days in a the week? Also, I understand bro, I'm sure you will make the weight you need for the class. Keep up the good work brother, pics looks good. We are worlds apart right now unfortunately, but I am giving it my all. All in all my body isn't too bad, I'm just as people would say "small but defined" so I'm trying to expload a bit lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Okay bro, it does make sense. Since I'm only 1 week and a half in.. I think there's still time to fix my training and make gains right? I will train 4-5 days a week from now. Last thing I'd want is not to make gains cos training 7 days a week. Will it be ok to take off Saturday and Sunday? Or should I just choose 2 days in a the week? Also, I understand bro, I'm sure you will make the weight you need for the class. Keep up the good work brother, pics looks good. We are worlds apart right now unfortunately, but I am giving it my all. All in all my body isn't too bad, I'm just as people would say "small but defined" so I'm trying to expload a bit lol
I'd doesn't matter what days of the week you do anything, you need to set up your routine so that your rest is when it's needed most.

What's your routine now? Just modify it.

I like doing a PPL when I'm trying to get bigger

So something like
Monday back,biceps,rear delts
Tuesday chest, shoulders ,triceps
Wednesday rest
Thursday legs
Friday back and biceps
Saturday chest and triceps
Sunday rest

Then the next week il continue where I left off starting the week with legs.

If I'm doing only 4 days

Il do back legs and biceps on Monday and Thursday, then il do chest shoulders and triceps on Tuesday and Friday or Saturday.

It doesn't really matter, just pick a routine that's 4-5 days a week. When your in the gym work as hard as you can and the next time work harder.

As you get bigger you need to eat more.

I know that for myself, if I'm 185lbs my maintenance calories are about 2500-2800 per day, when I'm 195-200lbs my maintenance is about 3000-3200 per day.

When I was 225 my maintenance was close to 4000 calories

if you keep track of your food and bodyweight you will see the trends. Now I know that when I start my cut soon. I'm gonna have to slowly reduce my calories from 3200 to 2500 to get from 205 back to 185 without loosing too much muscle. Keeping track of your food and workouts will tell you exactly what is and is not working

G9369

Awards
I'd doesn't matter what days of the week you do anything, you need to set up your routine so that your rest is when it's needed most.

So something like
Wednesday rest
Thursday legs
Friday back and biceps
Sunday rest

If I'm doing only 4 days

Il do back legs and biceps on Monday and Thursday, then il do chest shoulders and triceps on Tuesday and Friday or Saturday.

It doesn't really matter, just pick a routine that's 4-5 days a week. When your in the gym work as hard as you can and the next time work harder.

I know that for myself, if I'm 185lbs my maintenance calories are about 2500-2800 per day, when I'm 195-200lbs my maintenance is about 3000-3200 per day.

if you keep track of your food and bodyweight you will see the trends. Now I know that when I start my cut soon. I'm gonna have to slowly reduce my calories from 3200 to 2500 to get from 205 back to 185 without loosing too much muscle. Keeping track of your food and workouts will tell you exactly what is and is not working
Sweet, thank for all the info. I wish I could find out my maintenance and the rest. I don't understand how I find that out buy I'm tryng As I go like you said, tryng to work it out , as I'm relatively skinny, I just gather as long as I'm in taking 1-2gramsnprotein x pound of body weight I will pack on

G9369

Awards

So something like
Wednesday rest
Thursday legs
Friday back and biceps
Sunday rest

If I'm doing only 4 days

Thanks for that Lay out tho, I really can see a lot of sense in it. I'm gonna do it like that also, seems intelligent. Get the rest after the muscles I feel probs will benefit the most from the next day's rest. Thanks bro

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sweet, thank for all the info. I wish I could find out my maintenance and the rest. I don't understand how I find that out buy I'm tryng As I go like you said, tryng to work it out , as I'm relatively skinny, I just gather as long as I'm in taking 1-2gramsnprotein x pound of body weight I will pack on
Basically, this is how I figure out my maintenance calories, for the next 7 days, eat like you normally would and write down everything you eat. You can use a simple free app called
Screenshot_20220220-143811~2.png

Then at the end of the week you can total up everything you ate and divide it by 7, that's the average you ate per day and that will be your approximate maintenance calories got your current body weight.

What I like to do for diet (in a perfect world), especially if your trying to get bigger, eat 1gm of protein per lb of bodyweight, get about 80gm fat from good healthy fat sources and the rest of your calories from carbs.

So say you found out your maintenance is 2000 calories per day and you weigh 165lbs, start eating about 2400 calories, maybe 2 weeks later you see that you gained 5lbs great. Once a week goes by where the scale stopped moving, add another 400 calories and repeat the process.

Just don't go from 2000-3500 or something crazy like that all at once, baby steps. A few years back I made a drastic jump from 3000 straight to 4000+ and I got super fat. Just cus your on gear don't mean you can eat junk. I learned that the hard way

G9369

Awards
Basically, this is how I figure out my maintenance calories, for the next 7 days, eat like you normally would and write down everything you eat. You can use a simple free app called View attachment 212942

Then at the end of the week you can total up everything you ate and divide it by 7, that's the average you ate per day and that will be your approximate maintenance calories got your current body weight.

What I like to do for diet (in a perfect world), especially if your trying to get bigger, eat 1gm of protein per lb of bodyweight, get about 80gm fat from good healthy fat sources and the rest of your calories from carbs.

So say you found out your maintenance is 2000 calories per day and you weigh 165lbs, start eating about 2400 calories, maybe 2 weeks later you see that you gained 5lbs great. Once a week goes by where the scale stopped moving, add another 400 calories and repeat the process.

Just don't go from 2000-3500 or something crazy like that all at once, baby steps. A few years back I made a drastic jump from 3000 straight to 4000+ and I got super fat. Just cus your on gear don't mean you can eat junk. I learned that the hard way
Bro.. this is Gold..🔥. Thanks man.. alrite sweet,! Il download it now and good thing tomorow is Monday! I can't start tomorow, ..and so..what at the end of the week I can add up all the calories and I can devide them by 7? Okay, sounds sweet! Bro, I am 126 lbs... That's why I'm trying to get bigger, I'm just defined with a bit of noticeable muscle.. so yeah. This app will work great so atleast I know my maintancace for now. And now I also now how much calories to add to it thanks to you. Thanks man.. i Really appreciate all this man..! 🙏Legend bro!!

G9369

Awards
Basically, this is how I figure out my maintenance calories, for the next 7 days, eat like you normally would and write down everything you eat. You can use a simple free app called View attachment 212942

P.s. if you don't mind it would be sweet to keep you as a contact man , in general bro youve made a lot of things clear and I've spoken to Many Many people on forums and none have been quite as effective as you at explaining stuff ..and yeah, Just hard to find somebody that knows what he's actually talking about. So would be cool if I could write to you from time to time if i ever need a tip further on with the cycle I'm on.. and my next cycle and tips in general. Lol. If you don't mind, would mean a lot man !!🔥

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bro.. this is Gold..🔥. Thanks man.. alrite sweet,! Il download it now and good thing tomorow is Monday! I can't start tomorow, ..and so..what at the end of the week I can add up all the calories and I can devide them by 7? Okay, sounds sweet! Bro, I am 126 lbs... That's why I'm trying to get bigger, I'm just defined with a bit of noticeable muscle.. so yeah. This app will work great so atleast I know my maintancace for now. And now I also now how much calories to add to it thanks to you. Thanks man.. i Really appreciate all this man..! 🙏Legend bro!!
You should have waited before starting your cycle, obviously it's a little late now but food is going to be your problem. Being your weight that you are now and not knowing how to gain weight naturally is going to make everything a lot harder for you. Even with steroids

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
P.s. if you don't mind it would be sweet to keep you as a contact man , in general bro youve made a lot of things clear and I've spoken to Many Many people on forums and none have been quite as effective as you at explaining stuff ..and yeah, Just hard to find somebody that knows what he's actually talking about. So would be cool if I could write to you from time to time if i ever need a tip further on with the cycle I'm on.. and my next cycle and tips in general. Lol. If you don't mind, would mean a lot man !!🔥
There's a pm box on the forum, looks like a little envelope, I check it probably 2x week, u can msg me there. This forum is pretty much all I use for fitness related stuff

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
FOOD....... That's going to 100% be your deciding factor in results, I can't say it enough. Start googling bodybuilding diets, I. Your case I would probably type in 2200 calorie bulking diet and start there. For someone like you carbs and overall calories are going to be more important then worrying about getting your 1 gm of protein per lb of bodyweight, that will happen on its own if your eating enough.

In highschool I gained about 25 lbs between junior and senior year with nothing but food, creatine and full body workouts 3 days a week.

G9369

Awards
You should have waited before starting your cycle, obviously it's a little late now but food is going to be your problem. Being your weight that you are now and not knowing how to gain weight naturally is going to make everything a lot harder for you. Even with steroids
Bro..Few month before starting cycle.. I went on Vince gironda 36 egg a day diet... dont know if you ever heard of it..Along with all the suppliments... Bealive me, I have tried a lot to add weight before getting on this cycle.. my metabolism is just very fast and I seem just to put on definition and a little bulk..tend to stay slim mainly though, my chest doesn't fill the tops like I'd want for example. And.. I do have some knowledge.. of what to eat.. I have been eating atleast 1g of protein per lbs ... For the past few months.. lot of meat, cottage cheese, oats, rice, spinach broccoli chicken... And that app is really clear btw.. it's telling me I need 5800 calories to slowly put weight.. and 140g protein.. so that's actually more than 1g x my body lbs... But I'm starting to understand better now how to manage things. Thanks again. And I will messae you in inbox then, thanks really appreciate it

G9369

Awards
FOOD....... That's going to 100% be your deciding factor in results, I can't say it enough. Start googling bodybuilding diets, I. Your case I would probably type in 2200 calorie bulking diet and start there. For someone like you carbs and overall calories are going to be more important then worrying about getting your 1 gm of protein per lb of bodyweight, that will happen on its own if your eating enough.

In highschool I gained about 25 lbs between junior and senior year with nothing but food, creatine and full body workouts 3 days a week.
Okay , I understand.. thanks needed this. Imma start eat like a animal starting tomorrow .

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You got your numbers mixed up somewhere but it's plain and simple, if your not eating enough you won't gain. If your not gaining then your not eating enough.

It does not matter if you take steroids or not. Every will gain a couple lbs just from introducing the steroids but after that couple lbs, food is the only thing that makes the scale move. Point blank period

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also that 36 egg diet is foolish, that's why no1 does it anymore. You don't need a ton of protein and fat in your position, you need lots of calories and you absolutely do not need 5000 per day, I don't care how fast your metabolism is. 5000 calories is whit the biggest bodybuilders and strongmen in the world eat to maintain 300lb bodies.

G9369

Awards
You got your numbers mixed up somewhere but it's plain and simple, if your not eating enough you won't gain. If your not gaining then your not eating enough.

It does not matter if you take steroids or not. Every will gain a couple lbs just from introducing the steroids but after that couple lbs, food is the only thing that makes the scale move. Point blank period
yes sorry i meant 2588 calories. And ok man I'm on to this.i will start tomorow intaking enough calories and protein and I will log it all on the app to help me.

G9369

Awards
Also that 36 egg diet is foolish, that's why no1 does it anymore. You don't need a ton of protein and fat in your position, you need lots of calories and you absolutely do not need 5000 per day, I don't care how fast your metabolism is. 5000 calories is whit the biggest bodybuilders and strongmen in the woreg
ld eat to maintain 300lb bodies.
Yeah, I thought with that many egss there was no option but to grow! And I did gain! But was a lot of hard work. And.. I meant 2500 calories I didn't mean 5000lol. App is telling me to aim 2500 calories for a slow gain..or I could up it to 20% and the calories will go up.
But I will just eat for 7 days log it on the app.. and at the end divide by 7 the calories.
And add 400 on top to gain.
( The method you told me) and yeah.. guess il see what happens!! Il make sure to get them calories in 🔥